NATION

PASSWORD

Clarification on RMB ads- events relating to the region

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Clarification on RMB ads- events relating to the region

Postby Pollaetorian » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi,

I understand generally we are not allowed to RMB advertise in UCRs unless the region is tagged "recruiter friendly". I am looking for a clarification on how this applies to events that are directly related to the target region.

How would this apply in an internal dispute where some members decided to split off and form their own region?

What if I wrote an news article about a certain region and I wish make sure the region is aware of it?

What if in a 'poll raid' and I wish to let the target know what has happened?

In all of these instances the target region is the topic of discussion that the 'external' splitter region/news article/poll raider is advertising.
Last edited by Pollaetorian on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Regional schisms are a natural political event, and the mods tend to ignore complaints about cross advertising during the few days it takes to shake them out. It's always a judgment call, though - if you're still pestering your old regionmates a month or a year later, that's harassment. If somebody makes ten (or ninety) posts in a row, that's spam. If somebody is abusive towards someone else that's moving or not moving, that's flaming. Discussions are usually fine.

Return to Moderation