NATION

PASSWORD

New European War OOC Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Stomalia
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:52 am

IC

Last edited by Stomalia on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Hyperboralia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperboralia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:03 am

OOC: But that would essentially be saying that's the best possible military you could have. Most countries around Israel's size have crappy militaries, i'm just saying it would be lucky if your nation could have such a good military at the time. I have made my military slightly better than America's military, due to the economic and industrial Western culture of my somewhat large nation. And let's take this to o=the official

OOC: I agree completely. But how is one to judge military quality? I built my nation to be war-oriented, with compulsory service, a heavily militarized culture, and extremely efficient organization. I'm basically trying to roleplay a Sparta/Prussia/Israel type of country. The only way I can really justify this is to show you the way I'm handling my military, and ask if that matches what you would expect from a country like that.
Colonial Principalities
Hyperboralian Myrobia

Minister for Diplomacy in The Union of Fascists

Stomalia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:08 am

Hyperboralia wrote:
OOC: But that would essentially be saying that's the best possible military you could have. Most countries around Israel's size have crappy militaries, i'm just saying it would be lucky if your nation could have such a good military at the time. I have made my military slightly better than America's military, due to the economic and industrial Western culture of my somewhat large nation. And let's take this to o=the official

OOC: I agree completely. But how is one to judge military quality? I built my nation to be war-oriented, with compulsory service, a heavily militarized culture, and extremely efficient organization. I'm basically trying to roleplay a Sparta/Prussia/Israel type of country. The only way I can really justify this is to show you the way I'm handling my military, and ask if that matches what you would expect from a country like that.

I can understand that, but the quality really does depend on your economy and culture. The culture might be a check, but how about your economy? Maintaining things of such high quality would just drain money, so even though you only would have a few of them, they would cost just as much or more than higher amounts of the lower-quality weapons. And with ships, things just simply break down every now and then, and it may cost fortunes to keep maintaining such ships. Btw you don't need an OOC tag in an OOC thread.
Last edited by Stomalia on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Hyperboralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperboralia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:15 am

Once again, I agree. My economic status is "Thriving", so that's alright, though obviously not as good as yours, simply because I haven't had time to go through as many economy-boosting issues as you. Maybe I haven't been clear in the past: I completely agree with you that I have a small, but high-quality military. I'm not going to take things beyond that. I understand the industrial and numerical limitations of maintaining the Armed Forces. Nevertheless, if at any time you see me do something that you consider unrealistic, all you have to do is tell me and I will immediately stop.
Last edited by Hyperboralia on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Colonial Principalities
Hyperboralian Myrobia

Stomalia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:23 am

Hyperboralia wrote:Once again, I agree. My economic status is "Thriving", so that's alright, though obviously not as good as yours, simply because I haven't had time to go through as many economy-boosting issues as you. Maybe I haven't been clear in the past: I completely agree with you that I have a small, but high-quality military. I'm not going to take things beyond that. I understand the industrial and numerical limitations of maintaining the Armed Forces. Nevertheless, if at any time you see me do something that you consider unrealistic, all you have to do is tell me and I will immediately stop.

All of my stats are RP. I don't use any of the NS stats myself, since they are always contributed to by issues and they aren't exactly meant to be realistic.

And it occurred to me that your nation hasn't officially delcared war on Stomalia yet.
Last edited by Stomalia on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyperboralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperboralia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:31 am

Stomalia wrote:
Hyperboralia wrote:Once again, I agree. My economic status is "Thriving", so that's alright, though obviously not as good as yours, simply because I haven't had time to go through as many economy-boosting issues as you. Maybe I haven't been clear in the past: I completely agree with you that I have a small, but high-quality military. I'm not going to take things beyond that. I understand the industrial and numerical limitations of maintaining the Armed Forces. Nevertheless, if at any time you see me do something that you consider unrealistic, all you have to do is tell me and I will immediately stop.

All of my stats are RP. I don't use any of the NS stats myself, since they are always contributed to by issues and they aren't exactly meant to be realistic.

And it occurred to me that your nation hasn't officially delcared war on Stomalia yet.

That's because our first surprise attack hasn't happened yet. As soon as you reply to our attack on the blockade, it will. We prefer to use the Japanese method-launch surprise attack and declare war simultaneously.
Colonial Principalities
Hyperboralian Myrobia

Stomalia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:43 am

Hyperboralia wrote:
Stomalia wrote:

That's because our first surprise attack hasn't happened yet. As soon as you reply to our attack on the blockade, it will. We prefer to use the Japanese method-launch surprise attack and declare war simultaneously.

And that generally pisses the whole nation off which probably ends up with a full scale invasion into your nation, with Stomalia and some allies attacking.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:47 am

And just an extension on the military thing, I maintain a fairly large Army because I do a lot of war RPing, and I can maintain it with my defense budget of roughly 100 billion dollars.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Taking into assumption that New Europe would be somewhere hypothetically near Schutzgeidt since my nation is in the "real-world" European continent. I'd like Stomalia to correct me if I'm wrong since it is quite hard to come up with an estimated time of arrival for the forces.

Stomalia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Schutzgeidt wrote:Taking into assumption that New Europe would be somewhere hypothetically near Schutzgeidt since my nation is in the "real-world" European continent. I'd like Stomalia to correct me if I'm wrong since it is quite hard to come up with an estimated time of arrival for the forces.

Nope, New Europe is no where near Europe, in fact it's in Sunalaya, my region which is also a planet. This is why my RP here should have been Sunalaya only. I may change it.

Holy Empire of Divinia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Divinia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Stomalia wrote:
Schutzgeidt wrote:Taking into assumption that New Europe would be somewhere hypothetically near Schutzgeidt since my nation is in the "real-world" European continent. I'd like Stomalia to correct me if I'm wrong since it is quite hard to come up with an estimated time of arrival for the forces.

Nope, New Europe is no where near Europe, in fact it's in Sunalaya, my region which is also a planet. This is why my RP here should have been Sunalaya only. I may change it.

It might be handy, at least for this RP, to imagine all our nations are on the same planet and ignore issues like different planets and such, and just make a rough estimate for 6-9 days for navies to arrive, with air transports being faster. I just think it might make it easier and less planet hoping and such.

Also, I would like to point out that currently only Divinia itself is acting, and not the Greater Empire, and in a limited role. If we are futher annoyed by other nations or there is an escalation, more troops can be mobilised etc.

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 am

I agree with Divinia. I'm pretty sure that nearly all regions here in NS consider their abode as different planets/worlds etc. so If that were the case then all war RP's would've been exclusive to regions only or to those who share a common world. I've seen a lot of conflict RPs here wherein they just imagine what Divinia had suggested and I think that would be good but this is Stomalia's thread after all and the decision is up to him.

Holy Empire of Divinia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Divinia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:22 am

Schutzgeidt wrote:I agree with Divinia. I'm pretty sure that nearly all regions here in NS consider their abode as different planets/worlds etc. so If that were the case then all war RP's would've been exclusive to regions only or to those who share a common world. I've seen a lot of conflict RPs here wherein they just imagine what Divinia had suggested and I think that would be good but this is Stomalia's thread after all and the decision is up to him.

Well of course, hence I merely stated it as a suggestion, but I thank you for your support, as you seem to understand my point completely.

Hyperboralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperboralia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Apparently, there has been some confusion about the Evergreen Corporation concept. Let me clarify:

A seemingly innocent and completely above-board corporate entity-the Evergreen Corporation-is "selling" food, medical supplies, and non-automatic (and therefore legal) weapons to the New European government. In reality, the Evergreen Corporation is controlled by the FSB. This fact is, however, hidden deep in the dark and winding maze that is the intelligence community. This is strictly OOC information to explain what is going on. Your governments-and indeed, no one outside of the FSB-has any IC knowledge of that. Intelligence agencies using front companies is a very common and effective technique in the real world.
Last edited by Hyperboralia on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonial Principalities
Hyperboralian Myrobia

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:23 pm

I just noticed that the IC thread has been marked closed. Does that mean we're discontinuing it?

P.S.
I'm still not familiar with some forum terms and I'm quite confused since I've seen some threads marked closed yet new posts are being made there so I guess it wouldn't hurt if I asked about that for this thread.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Schutzgeidt wrote:I just noticed that the IC thread has been marked closed. Does that mean we're discontinuing it?

P.S.
I'm still not familiar with some forum terms and I'm quite confused since I've seen some threads marked closed yet new posts are being made there so I guess it wouldn't hurt if I asked about that for this thread.

Closed means no new applicants.

Holy Empire of Divinia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Divinia » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:46 pm

I'm currently waiting for Stomalia to move, because then I can mobilise some more forces etc

Also, if you have any questions about my military etc, post them here, check my factbook, or telegram me, don't worry, it's nothing overpowered :P

Hyperboralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperboralia » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Yes, same here. I'm still waiting for Stomalia to respond to my expeditionary force running the blockade, which I posted over four days ago. My troops have been in Stomalia setting up defenses and training the population all this time, but I can't talk about that until we resolve losses from the brief skirmish across the blockade line.
Last edited by Hyperboralia on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonial Principalities
Hyperboralian Myrobia

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:10 am

My Ocean Leopard Task Force would have arrived at the naval blockade by now. Taking into account its top speed of 18 knots then I think 5 days is more than enough. I'm also waiting for responses from New Europe and Stomalia while I think of how I should make my new post. I also seem to have forgotten to post the amphibious assault and special forces orbat so I'll need some time to compose it since my week is quite busy :)

Stomalia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 pm

No one post for the moment, i'm extremely busy.

Hyperboralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperboralia » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Understood. I, for one, am prepared to politely refrain from posting for as long as you need me to.
Colonial Principalities
Hyperboralian Myrobia

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:25 am

Hyperboralia wrote:Understood. I, for one, am prepared to politely refrain from posting for as long as you need me to.

Yep, I'll just derp around on my other threads until you guys are ready.

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Are there any plans on continuing this thread?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:15 am

Schutzgeidt wrote:Are there any plans on continuing this thread?

I doubt it. We could make a new war though, if you want.

Schutzgeidt
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzgeidt » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:35 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Schutzgeidt wrote:Are there any plans on continuing this thread?

I doubt it. We could make a new war though, if you want.

Yeah sure, it also seems that New Europe has CTE'd and so I think this thread is over...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents