NATION

PASSWORD

A Visit to the Palace (PRIVATE, ATTN CYPRENIA)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Allied Connurist States
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

A Visit to the Palace (PRIVATE, ATTN CYPRENIA)

Postby Allied Connurist States » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:06 pm

It had been almost two weeks since Emperor Connor I had visited Cyprenia. From what he saw of it that day, it seemed nice enough, and the place was supposed to become an economic powerhouse (or, at least, that's what the Finance Minister had said in an e-mail). Unfortunately, not much was accomplished that night.

That was the reason why the Emperor had invited Cyprenian President Thomas Watson to the Imperial Connurist Palace. They hardly got to talk. Now, the plan was that in a one to one conversation some stuff might actually get done. The President was due to arrive soon - Connor had received notification that his plane had landed and that he was being driven here right now by one of the Imperial Vanguard. Still, it was five to one in the afternoon. He had another five minutes yet.

It was a very nice day indeed, which was rather odd for October. It was just under 25°C, but the Emperor certainly wasn't complaining. He had recently had a bacon sandwich, as a matter of fact. He stood outside of his palace, leaning against the wall. His eyes were focused on the driveway, because there was supposed to be a car coming down it any minute now.
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Cyprenia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprenia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:23 pm

President Thomas Watson relaxed in the rear of the car. It was an Aston Martin Rapide, and as you'd expect by the name it was certainly rapid. The V12 roared as it was driven expertly by the driver. From what the driver had said, and what he could see on his uniform, he was a part of the Imperial Vanguard.

The President had done his research on the Allied Connurist States. After all, he had been invited a few days ago, and there isn't much else to do on a plane journey. Supposedly, the Imperial Vanguard were the best of the best. Hell, his research was the only reason he could assume that the car was an Aston Martin Rapide. It was the diplomatic car of the A.C.S , and it matched the description of 'an Aston Martin with four seats'.

His research also held something which had been very surprising to him, and would be to the Emperor. He couldn't wait to start the conversation, as his recent revelation was, like mentioned earlier, very surprising.

Soon, the Palace came into view, and it was simply outstanding. Cyprenia had nothing of the sort, but then again it had always been a Republic. Thomas kind of wished that in his 51 years, he could have maybe travelled the world, but it was not to be. The sun was shining brightly, and as the car pulled into the driveway he straightened his suit for the last time before meeting the Emperor again. The car soon came to a halt, and after taking a glance at the time on the dashboard, which read as 12:59, he let himself out of the car.
In canon with The Empire of Allied Connurist States
Fan of TSFH music

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Postby Allied Connurist States » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:01 am

As the Cyprenian President gets out of the car, he is greeted by the Emperor, who offers his hand and asks "So, how was your trip here?"
Brytene wrote:brb gonna goteach some spanish people the secrets of a tasty lancashire hotpot as part of my secret imperialist ambitions

#ValaranSoSexy | I BELIEVE IN THE EASTER CAMEL | Excellent Stallion-Like Gentleman, Commander of Ugandan Skies, Rabbipriest of Amin Temple Kampala, Commissar of DPRK State Facilities, of Excellent Stallion-Like Affairs ,and of Internet Surveillance.Glory to Idi Amin! Remove the Obote scum!

Cyprenia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprenia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 am

Allied Connurist States wrote:As the Cyprenian President gets out of the car, he is greeted by the Emperor, who offers his hand and asks "So, how was your trip here?"

"Not bad, huh, not bad at all" he says, whilst shaking his hand. "Car journey was fine, and there's a lot of things you can do on a plane these days, even if you're flying for what seems to be forever!"

The Cyprenian President gestures towards the palace.
"After you?" he inquires.
Fan of TSFH music

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Postby Allied Connurist States » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:23 am

"Of course" says the Emperor, and leads him inside.
"Well, good to know your trip wasn't awful" Connor continued, as he led the President through a few rooms before settling for the dining room table.
Connor intended to start off a conversation first, and leave diplomacy until later.
"Can I get you a drink or something of the sort?" he queried politely.

Cyprenia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprenia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:36 am

The President sits, and thinks about what he will have to drink.
"Errr... Pepsi?"
Whilst the Emperor is getting some cans out of a fridge, President Watson looks around the room he is currently sat in. It looked relatively modern for a palace, and was certainly somewhere that he wouldn't mind living.
Fan of TSFH music

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Postby Allied Connurist States » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:24 pm

The Emperor gets a can of Pepsi for Watson, and takes some Irn-Bru for himself.
"One can of Pepsi for...... what would you like me to call you?" he asks as he places the can on the table.

Cyprenia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprenia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:00 pm

"Call me Tom" he responded, before proceeding to open his can and taking a sip.
"Odd drink choice there Connor - may I call you that? Anyway, I did a little research on you and as far as I'm aware Irn-Bru is Scottish, and you are not." He grinned.
Fan of TSFH music

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Postby Allied Connurist States » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Cyprenia wrote:"Call me Tom" he responded, before proceeding to open his can and taking a sip.
"Odd drink choice there Connor - may I call you that? Anyway, I did a little research on you and as far as I'm aware Irn-Bru is Scottish, and you are not." He grinned.

Emperor Connor I nodded at the President's question - he preferred to be called by name and not by title.
"Research?" commented Connor, raising his eyebrows.
"So you took a page out of The Jungler's book, eh? You're not wrong, and why don't you enlighten me about the rest of your research?" He particularly stressed the word, as who knows what they see on Wikipedia has any element of truth whatsoever? After all, recently officials of the WA classed his nation as a corrupt dictatorship - which is odd seeing how the ACS have never been part of the WA. Of course, incompetence from the WA was not unknown - the nation had already been classed as a democracy twice this year, despite the fact that it has never been one in its entire history.

Cyprenia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprenia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:40 pm

"I'm glad you asked" says Tom, smiling like a Cheshire Cat.
"I knew there was something of interest about your nation almost two weeks ago when we were in Cyprenia. It turns out that my daughter lives in your fine nation."
Fan of TSFH music

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Postby Allied Connurist States » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Cyprenia wrote:"I'm glad you asked" says Tom, smiling like a Cheshire Cat.
"I knew there was something of interest about your nation almost two weeks ago when we were in Cyprenia. It turns out that my daughter lives in your fine nation."

The Emperor sits at the table.
"So?" he says almost disparagingly.

Cyprenia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprenia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Allied Connurist States wrote:
Cyprenia wrote:"I'm glad you asked" says Tom, smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

The Emperor sits at the table.

"Think about it. You're supposed to know who she is, or have you forgotten?"
He noted the bewildered look on the face of the Emperor.
Fan of TSFH music

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Postby Allied Connurist States » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Cyprenia wrote:
Allied Connurist States wrote:The Emperor sits at the table.

"Think about it. You're supposed to know who she is, or have you forgotten?"
He noted the bewildered look on the face of the Emperor.

"Gimme a minute to think" he mumbled, befuddled.
Connor assembled some facts in his head. Firstly, the name was Watson. Secondly, she must be around his age - the Cyprenian President was in his early fifties. He flicked through memories ever since he had lived in the Allied Connurist States. In a matter of seconds, the look on his face changed.
"No f*cking way.... really!?" he exclaimed.

Cyprenia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprenia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:22 pm

"Yes, really. It surprised me at first too - my daughter being your political adversary is rather odd. I've heard that your legendary arguments were something to behold!" he said, whilst breaking into self-deprecating laughter. He only saw his daughter for a couple of days each year - they were very different people - but of course that did not mean that the President loved her any less.
Fan of TSFH music

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Postby Allied Connurist States » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:42 am

Cyprenia wrote:"Yes, really. It surprised me at first too - my daughter being your political adversary is rather odd. I've heard that your legendary arguments were something to behold!" he said, whilst breaking into self-deprecating laughter. He only saw his daughter for a couple of days each year - they were very different people - but of course that did not mean that the President loved her any less.

"Well." began the Emperor. "Definitely odd. And with that, allow us to talk diplomacy, yes? Anything you would like in particular?" he enquired, whilst finishing off his Irn-Bru. He'd had to pass on the Genevievia Peace Ball because this was arranged first, but in the past, such balls weren't peaceful at all. If only he knew how little he was actually missing out on!

Cyprenia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprenia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 pm

The President thought of how to word the statement. His nation potentially had a lot to gain from the various natural resources that the Allied Connurist States offered, and also it would be a whole new market for corporations. If Cyprenia was to live up to the predictions and expectations held by economists, it had to secure some things from their new acquaintance. It was very likely that the Emperor knew of the powerful position that he held in the negotiations that were about to commence, but still, it was of the utmost importance that Cyprenia's weak position was not implied - as it may impact the benefit that the nation was about to receive.

Well, in theory it was of the utmost importance. The fact of the matter was that it would be rather difficult to word such a request in a way that wouldn't weaken his position. Even if he just went and said 'We need X' , he would still get it - after all the whole deal would be mutually beneficial for him and the Connurist Emperor. In addition, as he had thought earlier, the Emperor was not stupid. So the likelihood of gaining a deal in the favour of Cyprenia was miniscule - and not truly worth the effort. It was good not being a perfectionist!

"You know what we need. We need oil, ores, all the usual natural resource stuff, and you get payed. We bring corporations to your wonderful nation and we all make money, and everyone's happy.'
Fan of TSFH music

Allied Connurist States
Minister

Postby Allied Connurist States » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:19 am

The Emperor slowly smiled - he was happy with his position.
"Allow me to get my financial minister" he said, whilst taking out his phone and dialling.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates