NATION

PASSWORD

Fall 2030 in the Andromeda Islands

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Fall 2030 in the Andromeda Islands

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:52 pm

OOC: This thread will include our 2030 Election, but that will be coming closer to the US Congressional midterms.

Comments and criticisms are welcome. - AI

----------

Valhalla Castle
Cork/Kerry Province
The Emerald Republic
Monday, February 4, 2030
10:30 am

Valhalla Castle was once the headquarters of a Kingdom that dominated the southwest quarter of the Emerald Isle. It also served as the winter home of the High Kings of the Emerald Empire. Now, it’s the vacation home of media baron Conrad Green. Green also happens to be the President of the Emerald Republic.

Green, like most of his predecessors, is a member of the Conservative Party. In his final year as President, Green has decided to focus more on his post-Presidential life. He has decided to kill two birds with one stone. He wants to further expand his influence in international media to countries like The Andromeda Islands. He also wants to make the Andromeda Islands a more Conservative country.

Valhalla Castle, one of several royal residences during the ancient Emerald Kingdom, is the vacation home of Conrad Green.

Green has invited a number of officials from the Andromeda Islands, the Emerald Republic and World Assembly Territory to Valhalla for a week of meetings. Few people outside of Valhalla have any idea what this meeting is about. Most of the participants, outside of Green himself, aren’t quite sure about why he has invited them to his home.

The nearly two dozen participants sit in a room with a long table. Some of them fiddle around on their iPhones. A few of them appear impatient as Conrad Green walks into the room. Accompanying Green are David Newton, the head of the LDS Church in the Andromeda Islands and Benito Hoover, one of Green’s closest allies in the World Assembly. Everyone sitting immediately stands up as Green enters the room. They are all silent until Green stands at the head of the table.

C. GREEN: Please be seated.

At the other end of the room is a picture of the last Great High King of the Emerald Empire. Nearly every one in the room notices the remarkable resemblance between Green and the High King.

Conrad Green, the President of the Emerald Republic, is a descendant of Emerald High Kings.

C. GREEN: As everyone here knows, the spread of international Conservatism has been blocked on two sides by two very different forces. On one side is Catherine Gratwick and the World Assembly. Effective leadership in the World Assembly has been a hindrance to our cause. On the other side is a much weaker, though equally effective entity that has so far prevented Conservatism from achieving political hegemony over the world political scene: The Andromeda Islands.

Green pauses.

C. GREEN: Just over a month ago, Marius Butler and some of his allies planned what could have been a master stroke in our favor. Unfortunately, Catherine Gratwick is still alive. The Andromedan President, Vaughn Dunlap, was killed, but he wasn’t succeeded by the right person. If the right person had become President in the aftermath, it would have been very helpful in giving the Conservative Party the big win during their November election.

NEWTON: Were you personally involved with the assassination in Koni, Mr. President?

David Wayne Newton, Leader of the LDS Church in the Allied States, is also a major stakeholder in Andromeda Conservative Media.

A number of people laugh tentatively. Green looks at Newton.

C. GREEN: Me? I’m an ineffective, senile figurehead President. I don’t have the slightest idea about Marius Butler’s sinister schemes. They play their game. We play ours.

The laughter is no longer tentative. Many of Green’s allies are aware of his media image as a slightly befuddled old man.

NEWTON: So, you and your people still plan to go forward with this?

C. GREEN: We have no reason not to. Nothing has changed on our end. We had no idea about the assassination. As far as we’re concerned, the Butler did it.

Green laughs. A number of his underlings in the room laugh also, despite the fact that Green’s pun wasn’t really funny.

C. GREEN: Whoever wins the Conservative nomination will get the full support, financial and otherwise, from Project Valhalla. It’s not our job to determine who wins the Conservative nomination, Mr. Newton. Just out of curiosity, you do have someone in mind to fill the top spot for the Conservatives, right?

NEWTON: Yes, we do Mr. President. If you read my report, you’ll know that we had an exceptionally genteel campaign two years ago. The Social Democrats still didn’t win outright. They entered a coalition government with the Greens.

C. GREEN: Yes, but since then, a lot of the Greens in your national assembly have defected to the Social Democrats. Do you have any explanation for this?

NEWTON: Yes. The Greens nominated Anna Kaewkhonkaen two years ago. She was a fresh face for them. She was also much more moderate than the rank-and-file in the Green Party.

C. GREEN: She’s the President of your country now.

NEWTON: She defected from the Green Party about a year ago, long before the chain of events that made her President.

C. GREEN: Is she popular?

NEWTON: She’d be popular enough if she were running again. She’s running for the Assembly again, but I doubt she wants to continue on as President. It’s a difficult job.

C. GREEN: So, who’s the main player for the liberals in 2030?

NEWTON: Gina Castiglione, the current Vice President. They call her Gina C

C. GREEN: The right person, yes. And our person? Who’s that going to be?

NEWTON: We have a few people in mind. Hopefully, we’ll have our choice by Easter.

C. GREEN: I don’t like the uncertainty, Newton. Hopefully, you’ll have a name soon.

NEWTON: Understood, sir.

C. GREEN: Mr. Hoover, how’s the Beta Test shaping up in the World Assembly?

HOOVER: Good, Mr. President. Once the first domino falls, we will have a new, Conservative President of the House of Delegates.

C. GREEN: What about Odoacer O’Brien?

HOOVER: O’Brien’s done. Once he’s out, our candidate will have the support she needs to coast in without any real opposition.

C. GREEN: You’re not taking the impeachment route, are you?

HOOVER: When the first domino falls, we want it to fall hard, Mr. President.

Benito Hoover, Cuban Ambassador to the World Assembly, leads one of the more Conservative blocs in the World Assembly Legislature.

C. GREEN: An air of mystery. I like how you think, Hoover.

Green nods to Newton. Newton turns to the audience.

NEWTON: We’ll resume our meeting at 2 o’clock. Have a good lunch.
The Andromeda Islands Factbook
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Andromeda_Islands

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Valhalla Castle
Cork/Kerry Province
The Emerald Republic
Monday, February 4, 2030
2:07 pm

Most of the two dozen attendees at this meeting in the southwest province of the Emerald Republic have returned to the Board room for the recruitment phase of their meeting.

Most of the people there are Conservative activists who have worked on political campaigns throughout the NS Universe. Project Valhalla seeks to recruit as many of these activists as possible to descend on the Andromeda Islands this fall.

The chief presenter this afternoon is Chad Rourke, who manages one of the most successful international political consulting firms. Conrad Green has hired Rourke to coordinate the national Conservative campaign in the Andromeda Islands.

ROURKE: As you know, there are two cultures that exist here on the Emerald Isle. One is a solid, traditional culture that we see here in the Emerald Republic. The other is a confused mixed-up group of people that really isn’t a culture at all. The World Assembly Territory represents everything that we oppose.

Chad Rourke, the managing director of Project Valhalla, managed Conrad Green’s last Presidential campaigns in 2025.

ROURKE: We here all recognize that this effort to govern at the international level has been a colossal failure. Never mind a distinct culture or shared values. Many people in World Assembly Territory don’t even speak the same language. You can not have an organization impose its will on people when its leaders don’t have shared values or a single culture.

Many of the observers are silent. Some sit in disbelief.

ROURKE: Our goal here today is to help the world become truly peaceful. In order to do that, we need to highlight a Conservative country where shared values can unite an otherwise disparate people. There are many successful Conservative countries, but none of them are especially diverse. That’s why our focus is on the Andromeda Islands.

Jennifer Miller, a former member of the Assembly of the Allied States, sits in disbelief. She raises her hand. Rourke appears surprised.

MILLER: Couldn’t it be argued that the Andromeda Islands are already a Conservative country?

Among the many other guests invited to Conrad Green’s meeting is Jennifer Miller, the World Assembly’s official expert on the Andromeda Islands.

ROURKE: In the 30 year existence of the Andromeda Islands, the Conservative Party has held the Presidency for about eight months. The Social Democrats have ruled for the last 15 years. I’d hardly call the Andromeda Island a Conservative country.

MILLER: With all due respect, Mr. Rourke, I’m from the Andromeda Islands. I served in the legislature. Compared to most of the countries in the World Assembly, the Social Democratic Party in the Andromeda Islands is relatively conservative.

Many in the board room laugh at Miller.

ROURKE: We don’t want the Andromeda Islands to be relatively anything. We want them to be solidly Conservative.

MILLER: What does that mean? The word Conservative can mean different things.

ROURKE: In this case, it means having a Conservative government as well as establishing a platform to promote Conservative causes. Now, I’m well aware that there are different kinds of Conservatism in the Andromeda Islands, so part of our mission will be to find common ground between those factions. We may not be able to do this in one cycle. I’m curious. Where are you from?

MILLER: Beta City.

Rourke is a bit confused.

ROURKE: You mean Bethlehem?

MILLER: Yes, but no Andromedan would ever call it that. That’s a really good way to let people to know that you’re not from there.

People laugh at Rourke.

MILLER: Meaning no disrespect, Mr. Rourke, but if you never lived in the Andromeda Islands, you can’t really know what the culture is really like.

ROURKE: Well, that’s a hurdle that we will have to overcome during the next two years.

Miller starts to say something else, but Rourke and many of the more hard core Conservatives drown her out.

As Rourke’s presentation comes to a close, Miller decides that she wants no part of Project Valhalla. She will drive back to her apartment in World Assembly territory tomorrow morning.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:56 pm

The Office of Ambassador Mike Knox
Embassy of the Allied States of the Andromeda Archipelago
World Assembly Territory
Tuesday, February 5, 2030
1:45 pm

Jennifer Miller abruptly walks into Mike Knox’s office, passing the receptionist.

RECEPTIONIST: Professor Miller, President Knox is in an important meeting. He doesn’t…

Miller walks up to the receptionist.

MILLER: This is important.

The receptionist pushes the intercom button.

RECEPTIONIST: Mr. President… Professor Miller is out here. (pause) I understand that you didn’t want to be disturbed unless it was important. She thinks it’s important.

The receptionist turns to Miller.

RECEPTIONIST: Go on in, Professor Miller.

----------

In the office, Mike Knox and San Angeles’ Ambassador to World Assembly, Valerie Page, play a game of chess as they discuss World Assembly politics.

PAGE: Mike. We need to act now. Once everyone finds out, the House of Delegates will be a mad house.

KNOX: The House of Delegates is already a mad house.

PAGE: And it’ll be more so once the news breaks. You know about Gratwick’s plans, so you know what this means.

KNOX: So, you think you… Valerie Page… can fit the bill? You’re insane.

PAGE: I can’t do it alone… just like Sarah Vale…

Miller barges in.

PAGE: Jen, what are you doing here?

KNOX: Professor Miller, what’s so important that you had to interrupt my chess game with Ambassador Page.

Miller is confused. A number of thoughts race through her mind.

MILLER: So, you actually do play chess.

KNOX: Neither of us are Grand Masters, but we’re pretty good.

In Andromeda City, when an Assembly member “plays chess” it usually means that they are involved in an extramarital affair.

MILLER: Ambassador Page, you know the President?

KNOX: What’s so important, Professor Miller?

Mike Knox, a former President of the Allied States, has been the Andromedan Ambassador to the World Assembly for the past seven years.

MILLER:Have either of you ever been to Valhalla Castle?

PAGE: That’s Conrad Green’s home? He lets out some of the rooms on the weekends.

KNOX: Bianca and I were there last summer. What of it?

MILLER: Anyway, I left there this morning. President Green is holding secret meetings. He has this Master Plan called Project Valhalla.

KNOX: Can you sum up this plan?

MILLER: Conrad Green wants to expand his media empire to include the Andromeda Islands. He wants to make our country into an Ultra-Conservative Paradise.

Knox and Page look at Miller as if she did something stupid.

PAGE: Conrad Green doesn’t think that Andromeda is Conservative enough? He should visit my country.

KNOX: How does Green plan to do all this?

MILLER: He plans to flood the Allied States with money for Conservative candidates. Also, he plans to take over Andromeda Conservative Media.

Knox and Page both shake their heads.

KNOX: Professor Miller, two things: One, our Social Democratic Party in the Allied States is incredibly conservative in comparison to most countries…

PAGE: That’s an understatement.

Valerie Page, the San Angeles Ambassador to the World Assembly, has a proposal for Mike Knox to consider.

MILLER: I tried to tell them that, but they didn’t listen.

KNOX: And two, Conrad Green already has controlling interest in Andromeda Conservative Media.

PAGE: It was on the news yesterday. Conrad Green’s grandson, Rad Green was just made CEO last week.

MILLER: Wait a minute, Ambassador Page. How do you know so much about our country?

PAGE: I’ve been talking to Mike… President Knox, about his years as Vice President.

MILLER: Under Sarah Vale?

Miller realizes that Knox’s meeting with Page may have been about something other than their affinity for chess.

KNOX: Professor Miller, why tell us? You’re Conservative. They’re Conservative. You should be happy.

MILLER: I’m not that Conservative.

KNOX: Not since you came here. You’ve been seduced by the bright lights of the big city. It’s hard to resist, even for me.

PAGE: I wouldn’t worry too much, Jen. Conrad Green is just giving his grandson a toy to play with. I doubt that Rad Green even cares about right wing politics.

KNOX: What do you know about Rad Green?

MILLER: Conrad Green III? I had him in a couple of classes at the International School. Very sociable. Very popular. Not especially bright.

PAGE: Definitely not the kind of guy who thinks about politics.

KNOX: Okay. Project Valhalla is important. We’ve been warned, Professor Miller. Tell me all about it at lunch tomorrow.

Miller understands that whatever else she has to say can wait. She leaves. Knox closes the door before resuming the game.

KNOX: Did you move?

PAGE: Now you see why I’m here. People trust you, Mr. President. If I want to follow the Sarah Vale model, who better to have at my side than her right hand man? Will you at least consider my offer?

Page moves her piece.

KNOX: I’ll think about it.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:43 pm

The Sea Fox
Near Valhalla Castle
The Emerald Republic
Wednesday, February 6, 2030
12:30 pm

This morning, the Conservative activists still at Valhalla Castle all made a commitment to investigate Project Valhalla. They each signed a contract that bound them to secrecy about Project Valhalla. After the agreements were signed, the activists boarded the Sea Fox. They were divided into groups tasked to defining the core values of International Conservatism.

After their meetings, they had lunch. Many of the participants tried hard to get reception on their iPhones. Since they boarded the Sea Fox, none of them have been able to get any reception. Many of the Participants are ill at ease, because they aren’t able to get whatever news they want instantaneously from the worldwide web.

During the first 20 minutes, Chad Rourke sets up a power point presentation. Rourke begins his power point presentation around 12:30. He also places three important looking books in front of him.

The Sea Fox, Conrad Green’s personal yacht, off the coast of the Emerald Republic.

ROURKE: Earlier, you were all divided into groups. Your objective was to find out what united Conservatives. What are the core principles that define our party?

Nobody raises their hand.

ROURKE: This shouldn’t be that hard. You knew this was coming.

ACTIVIST #1: Values.

Rourke appears impatient.

ROURKE: That’s a start. What kind of values?

The room is silent. Activist #1 raises his hand. Rourke calls on him.

ACTIVIST #1: We have values and they don’t

People laugh. Chad Rourke smiles.

ROURKE: Okay, let’s go to the Andromeda Islands. If you did the required reading, you would know that there are three books that define the three branches of Conservatism in the Andromeda Islands. Can anyone name one of the books?

ACTIVIST #2: The Bible

ROURKE: That defined the Conservatives in Beta City. Can anyone name the other two?

ACTIVIST #3: The Book of Mormon!

ROURKE: That defines the St. Paul Branch of Conservatism. St. Paul is one of the most Mormon regions in the World. We defined the two religious branches. The third branch follows the tenets of yet another book.

Another of the activists raises his hand tentatively.

ROURKE: Yes, you.

ACTIVIST #4: Atlas Shrugged?

ROURKE: That’s correct. Now, are most Conservatives voters motivated by the principles listed in those books?

ACTIVISTS: No!

ROURKE: No, but there is one thing that motivates most every Conservative movement throughout the world.

One Conservative quickly raises his hand. Rourke points him out.

ACTIVIST #5: Fear?

ROURKE: You’re absolutely right. Fear is the sort of thing that will make people vote against what should otherwise be their interests. And which media outlet here in the Emerald Republic spreads the most fear.

The same activist raises his hand.

ACTIVIST #5: The Emerald News Network.

ROURKE: And in the Andromeda Islands?

ACTIVIST #5: Andromeda Conservative Media

As the activist says this, a handsome, younger man walks in.

ROURKE: This is the new CEO of Andromeda Conservative Media, ACTV and ACM.net: Rad Green.

Conrad Green III, known by his friends as “Rad Green,” is now the managing director of Andromeda Conservative Media.

R. GREEN: For years, Andromeda Conservative Media has been the voice of Conservatism in the Andromeda Islands. Under my leadership and with the added resources we’ll have, ACM will be the Propaganda Arm the Conservatives need to become a stronger, more disciplined political party.

ROURKE: And if there are no real enemies to fight against, our people connected with Andromeda Conservative Media will simply create one out of thin air.

One of the activists raises his hand.

ROURKE: Yes?

ACTIVIST #6: So, you’re telling me that our party’s primary motivation is fear of common enemies?

R. GREEN: That’s what it sounds like.

ROURKE: We’ll discuss some of those common enemies tomorrow morning. Dismissed.
Last edited by The Andromeda Islands on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:07 pm

The Sea Fox
Near Valhalla Castle
The Emerald Republic
Thursday, February 7, 2030
Noon

After a morning of lecturing, Chad Rourke hosts a number of other activists sit at a table during lunch. Their boat trip will end this afternoon. Many of the activists around Rourke want him to reiterate what he said that morning. Stephen Presley, one of the activists, starts the conversation with a question.

PRESLEY: I know from experience that many of us back home don’t really like the World Assembly. Do you think that the Conservative Party can capitalize off of the animosity against the World Assembly?

The World Assembly has been the center of World Governance for the last four decades.

ROURKE: Are all of you from the Andromeda Islands?

Two of Rourke’s guests are Andromedans.

ROURKE: Then this will take some explaining.

PRESLEY: What about the July Conflict?

ROURKE: Good place to start. Four years ago, they had something called the July Conflict in the Andromeda Islands. To make a long story short, this country called the Eastern Empire wanted to invade and occupy the Andromeda Islands. The World Assembly gave tacit approval for the invasion to happen. Do you know the details of that, Stephen?

Less than four years ago, the July Conflict rocked the Andromeda Islands. At the time, the World Assembly, run by Vladimir Kronsteen, was against the Andromeda Islands.

PRESLEY: The World Assembly set the Abu Salih Continent under the Trusteeship of the Eastern Empire. They legitimized their trusteeship by having the last Abu King crowned. The King was killed in a terrorist attack. The Andromeda Islands was blamed, which resulted in war.

ROURKE: Since then, there has been a healthy skepticism among people in the Andromeda Islands, even among the Social Democrats.

PRESLEY: In all fairness, Catherine Gratwick was not in charge of the World Assembly when the July Conflict happened. That was Vladimir Kronsteen.

ACTIVIST #2: So, would it be fair to say that Catherine Gratwick has been a good leader? She has been Secretary-General for more than three decades, with few complaints.

ROURKE: Even if Gratwick is relatively good, that’s not the point. The point is that no one person should have that much power in an organization for that long. The World Assembly is supposed to represent the four corners of the NationStates Universe. How does an organization like this possibly justify being lorded over for more than three decades by one person?

ACTIVIST #2: World Assembly Territory is one of the safest places on the planet.

ROURKE: And why is that? It’s because of the Red Guard, Catherine Gratwick’s personal security. World Assembly Territory isn’t a bastion of peace because of the spirit of camaraderie. It’s gripped by fear. Even the World Assembly Police Force fears the Red Guard.

PRESLEY: You know, it’s kind of hypocritical for this area, which is supposed to be characterized by kindness and cooperation to be governed like a dictatorship. It’s hypocritical for an organization that embraces all sorts of nations and cultures to be led by one person for nearly 34 years.

ROURKE: You’re learning. Now, in most totalitarian countries, there is either a single ruler or a close-knit clique that runs everything.

ACTIVIST #3: Like the Emerald Republic.

Everyone at the table is silent, except for Activist #3 whose awkward laughter immediately stops.

ROURKE: Anyway, the Andromeda Islands doesn’t have this. They have had eleven Presidents in less than 30 years. But the Social Democrats have consistently supported the World Assembly… and the World Assembly has a small clique that runs everything. We need to connect the Social Democrats with the World Assembly, because if we run against the World Assembly, it gives us a more distant, alien enemy than if we run against the Social Democrats in the Andromeda Islands.

ACTIVIST #2: You’re right! World Assembly Compliance officers are much more menacing than Captain K.

World Assembly Compliance officers are notorious for taking bribes from countries unable to comply with World Assembly resolutions.

ROURKE: That’s right, we have a much more difficult time running against an attractive, reassuring woman like Anna Kaewkhonkaen than we do running against a bunch of nit-picking bribe taking, pencil pushing bureaucrats from overseas. Nobody likes other people coming into their house and telling them what’s what. Nobody likes protection rackets either.

ACTIVIST #3: Now, this may be a little off topic, but if you had to choose between the nit-picker and the protection racket, which one would you take?

PRESLEY: Our government usually chooses the protection racket, since we have money.

ROURKE: The point is that countries across the world shouldn’t be compelled to change their culture because the World Assembly says so. We Conservatives recognize this and most people in the Allied States agree with us.

PRESLEY: Mike Knox learned that lesson the hard way.

World Assembly resolutions often force religiously devout nations to tolerate unacceptable lifestyles.

ACTIVIST #3: Who’s Mike Knox?

PRESLEY: When the Assembly of the Allied States passed marriage equality for the Andromeda Islands in 2022, Mike Knox was President at the time. He was doing this in order to comply with World Assembly Resolutions… and he took a bullet for it.

ACTIVIST #2: And he died?

PRESLEY: Oh no. He’s still alive. He’s our Ambassador to the World Assembly. He’s been there for about seven years.

ROURKE: And as long as the Social Democrats are in power, Mike Knox will probably remain there. Knox is too smart for his own good. It guys like him that make it a moral imperative for Project Valhalla to be successful.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Valhalla Castle
The Emerald Republic
12:30 pm

While most of the lower level members of Project Valhalla are aboard the Sea Fox, Conrad Green, David Wayne Newton and Benito Hoover are about to engage in a conference call with the Captain of the Red Guard. Green, Newton and Hoover sit in a room as the transmission commences.

HOOVER: Just wondering, why are we talking to the #2 person in the World Assembly?

GREEN: This has to do with what’s going on in the Andromeda Islands.

The transmission is clear. Miriam Aaronsohn, the Captain of the Red Guard, speaks.

AARONSOHN: Good afternoon, gentlemen.

Miriam Aaronsohn, Deputy Secretary-General, also happens to be the Captain of the Red Guard.

After pleasantries are exchanged, Conrad Green gets to the point.

GREEN: Ms. Aaronsohn, what is your assessment of the Government of the Andromeda Islands?

AARONSOHN: It’s very much like the House of Delegates here in World Assembly Territory. The only difference is that they have a cohesive group that governs.

NEWTON: That’s the Social Democratic Party.

HOOVER: And who’s the President? Who’s the leader of the Social Democrats?

AARONSOHN: Those are two different questions. The President is Anna Kaewkhonkaen. She’s not running for re-election as President. She’s recently married to a man named Chet Brown and she’s pregnant.

HOOVER: And the leader of the Social Democrats?

AARONSOHN: That’s Gina Castiglione. She took the position over once Vaughn Dunlap was killed. She also acted as President of the Andromeda Islands until Anna Kaewkhonkaen arrived back.

GREEN: And if Anna… the current President, hadn’t gotten back to the Andromeda Islands?

AARONSOHN: Gina C would have been President.

Gina Castiglione, the Vice President of the Allied States, is arguably the most powerful person in the Andromeda Islands.

NEWTON: That’s all common knowledge. Where do you fit in?

GREEN: Ms. Aaronsohn is the head of the Red Guard. The Red Guard has confirmed what many of Gina C’s enemies have suspected: She was one of the players behind the assassination of Vaughn Dunlap, Miguel Estrada and Fabiana al-Aziz, as well as the attempted assassination of Catherine Gratwick herself.

AARONSOHN: And we will release the information needed to tie Gina C to the killings the moment she secures the Social Democratic Party’s nomination for President of the Andromeda Islands.

NEWTON: Does anyone else have access to this information right now?

AARONSOHN: We have no interest in seeing this information released before the appointed time.

HOOVER: After which time, I’m sure you and the rest of Gratwick’s Guard Dogs will be rewarded handsomely?

Vaughn Dunlap served as President from November 14, 2028 to January 1, 2030.

AARONSOHN: We will receive the second payment before we release the information, yes.

NEWTON: And what if Castiglione isn’t nominated?

GREEN: Dave, there are people in the Allied States who are already addressing Gina C as “Madam President.” There’s no way she doesn’t get the nomination.

AARONSOHN: Oh, Ambassador Hoover, congratulations.

HOOVER: Come again?

AARONSOHN: Your Beta test has reached Phase 2. I never liked Odoacer O’Brien anyway. World Assembly Headquarters, signing off.

The video screen blackens. An irate Benito Hoover stands up.

HOOVER: President Green, with all due respect, how the fuck does Darth Aaronsohn know about my Beta Test?

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:29 pm

The Emerald City
The Emerald Republic
Friday, February 8, 2030
1:30 pm

After flying from the west to the Emerald City airport, the Valhalla Group visits the Imperial Palace, which was once the home of the High Kings of the Emerald Isles. Underneath the Imperial Palace, there is a modern complex that is sparsely staffed. President Green and Chad Rourke escort the rest of the Valhalla Group around the complex.

GREEN: Everyone, here is the election headquarters we have used in the last two Presidential campaigns. Our party now controls the Presidency, the Congress and most of the provinces.

ROURKE: Before we conclude today, we’re going to show you how the Conservative Party controls the Emerald Isle and how the Conservative movement will eventually take over the Andromeda Islands.

Benito Hoover, David Newton and the rest of the Project Valhalla staff walk to what appears to be a movie theatre, where there are booklets waiting for each project member. Once everyone sits down, the movie starts.

Chris Reynolds represents the Emerald City’s 4th District in their Senate.

VOICEOVER: Halloween night. 2025. The fourth district. Emerald City. Bordering the World Assembly district, the flaming fourth is one of the two most liberal districts in the Emerald Republic. And yet, it’s represented in the Senate by a Conservative. There are many reasons why the Conservative Party has held unchallenged power in the Emerald Republic for so long. Let’s look at three of the steps the Emerald Republic’s Conservative Party have used to maintain power in swing districts.

STEP 1 – HALLOWEEN

VOICEOVER: Officially, the Emerald Republic doesn’t arrest potential liberal voters. However, throughout the country, several people are arrested on Halloween in order to ensure that Elections in the Emerald Isle run smoothly.

POLICE OFFICER: Here in the Emerald City, law enforcement is dispatched every two years on Halloween in order to ensure that our Elections are conducted in an orderly fashion. People have been known to disappear on Halloween night. Know what I mean?

Before Election Day, several potential liberal voters are arrested throughout the Emerald Republic.

VOICEOVER: And most of those arrested are ultra-liberal protesters who have connections with disruptive behavior in past election cycles. These tactics were initially put into practice by then-Emerald City Police Commissioner Chris Reynolds, who is now a member of the Emerald Senate.

REYNOLDS: One of the jobs of law enforcement to make sure that only the right people get to decide the future of our great nation.

VOICEOVER: In more rural areas, there are different warnings against liberals voting, which coincide with annual rituals of blood sacrifice which were originally meant to appease ancient Celtic fertility gods. In recent years, those sacrificed individuals have been overwhelmingly liberal.

STEP 2 – POLL WATCHERS IN LIBERAL AREAS

VOICEOVER: It’s Election Day, 2025 in The Emerald City’s 4th District. At each polling place, in addition to the normal group of poll workers, there are groups of poll watchers provided by the Conservative Party.

POLL WATCHER: The Government here in the Emerald Isle cannot give preference to the party. Thankfully, the Conservative Party is not exactly the same as the Government. One hand washes the other.

Poll watchers in Cork. Election Day, 2025

VOICEOVER: The Conservative Party is now synonymous with the Emerald Isle Government, so they have to be very careful to distinguish their election officials from their poll watchers. The poll workers sit inside of the polling place while the poll watchers stand outside, checking to see if voters have the proper ID necessary to cast a vote.

POLL WATCHER: (Looking at a valid voter ID) What the f8ck is this? Get the f8ck out of here with that s…

VOICEOVER: These tactics have helped the Conservative Party hold the 4th districts. But there is one other tactic that has helped the Conservatives maintain their majority in the otherwise liberal 4th.

STEP 3 – THE REDISTRICTING PROCESS

VOICEOVER: Ten years ago, the majority of the Emerald City’s seven Senators were liberals, despite the fact that their state Government was controlled by the Conservative Party. The Conservative Party controlled the redistricting process in every state. They moved the district lines in such a way that a 4-3 majority for the liberals became a 4-3 majority for the Conservatives.

Here is a blatant example of a redistricting map influenced by political and cultural considerations.

VOICEOVER: The most controversial district in the Capital is the fourth district, which embraces a number of Conservative suburbs which surround the more urban part of the capital.

LIBERAL LEGISLATOR: Until a decade ago, it was understood that Senate districts should roughly follow county lines. That all changed with the “Wig District.”

VOICEOVER: District 4 is known as “the Wig,” because from one angle it appears almost as a Conservative wig that surrounds a head of three liberal districts.

CONSERVATIVE LEGISLATOR: The simple fact is that we Conservatives ran the state legislator, so we got to draw the districts the way we want. We’re the majority. They’re not.

VOICEOVER: The lesson here is that Conservatives in the Andromeda Islands can no longer be civil with the ruling Social Democrats. If we want to win, we have to play hard ball.

----------

With the end of the movie comes the end of the Valhalla Conference. Chad Rourke ends it with a brief announcement.

ROURKE: I hope that all of you are willing to join Project Valhalla in the Andromeda Islands. If you are willing to make the commitment, please let us know by the end of next week. Have a good weekend.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 pm

International News Network
Mombasa, Kenya
8:30 am - World Assembly Territory Time

A reporter from the International News Network reports from just outside of Mombasa Kenya. The metropolitan skyline is in the background.

REPORTER: Kenyan Government officials confirmed this morning that Ambassador Odoacer O’Brien, the president of the World Assembly’s House of Delegates, was killed yesterday during a hunting trip in the interior of Kenya. There is no sign of O’Brien, but witnesses outside of Mombasa claim that O’Brien was torn to pieces by a pride of lions.

Cut to witness.

WITNESS: The mulatto was unfamiliar with how to handle a hunting rifle. The rest of his hunting party panicked and ran as the lions surrounded and devoured the mulatto.

Odoacer O’Brien (1978-2030), the Kenyan Ambassador to the World Assembly, was president of the World Assembly’s House of Delegates. He was re-elected last month.

REPORTER: Although O’Brien represents Kenya in the World Assembly, he spent most of his life in World Assembly Territory. His father was from the Emerald Republic, which surrounds World Assembly Territory on three sides.

Cut to House footage.

REPORTER: Last year, the House narrowly voted to protect Lions and other endangered species that only exist in certain countries. Certain clauses in this resolution specifically prohibit hunters in Kenya from killing more than the requisite number of Lions during a hunting trip. Data from the World Assembly Compliance Agency Officers and World Assembly Office of Ecological Management suggest that the World Assembly ban against excessive lion hunting in Kenya may have simply been bad policy.

World Assembly policies are blamed for the dramatic rise in Kenya’s lion population.

Cut to Office of Ecological Management in World Assembly Territory.

WA ECOLOGICAL SPOKESMAN: Lions were added to the WA endangered species list 20 years ago. Although the numbers suggest that this particular species of Lion shouldn’t be on the list, the House has to officially vote to alter the endangered species list.

Cut to the Nairobi Branch of the World Assembly Compliance Agency.

WA COMPLIANCE OFFICER: According to the appropriate World Assembly Regulations, Ambassador O’Brien and his entourage were only allowed to kill two lions during their trip. When the Lions attacked Ambassador O’Brien, he attempted to kill a third lion before said lion tore his head off. When someone as high-ranking as House President Odoacer O’Brien shows complete and total contempt for the rule of law as defined by the World Assembly, they get what they deserve.

REPORTER: Under normal circumstances, the Vice President of the House of Delegates would immediately succeed to the Presidency. The only problem is that there are currently more than 30 Vice Presidents from many of the more prominent regions in the NS Universe.

The House of Delegates will choose a new President next week.

REPORTER: Elections for the Presidency will occur next week. This is the International News Network.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:51 pm

The Bianca
Off the coast of Buffett Island
Western Islands
Wednesday, February 13, 2030
11:00 am

The Western Islands holds some unique distinctions within the Allied States. More than half of the area in the Andromeda Archipelago is contained in the Western Islands, making it the largest state in the Archipelago. The Western Islands is also the most sparsely populated state in the Andromeda Islands. Around 40,000 of the country’s nearly 7,000,000 people live in the Western Islands, half of which live in the state capital, St. Thomas.

Anna Kaewkhonkaen, the current President of the Allied States, was born on this remote part of the Western Islands.

About as far away from St. Thomas as you can get in the Andromeda Archipelago, Buffett Island is now home to nearly 100 people. Until construction began last fall, Buffett Island and the surrounding Islands didn’t even have a regular school. The area’s children were supposedly home schooled until the eighth grade, then the few who attended High School would either relocate or join ANSEP, the Andromeda Navy’s Secondary Education Program.

Normally considered an educational track for troubled youth, the ANSEP Program has been the only avenue for many in the more remote parts of the Western Islands. The most distinguished graduate of the ANSEP Program is also the most famous native of Buffett Island, Anna Maria Kaewkhonkaen, the current President of the Allied States.

Anna Maria Kaewkhonkaen, 11th President of the Allied States and Assemblywoman from Angeles City, spent her first 14 years with her family on Buffett Island.

The President and a small contingent from Andromeda City have travelled aboard the Bianca in order to dedicate the first Andromedan school of any kind in this part of the Western Islands. Aside from the Bianca Crew and a few members from the Andromeda News Network, The President is accompanied by the newly appointed Minister of Education, Charlie Young. The President is visibly pregnant, wearing a maternity dress.

YOUNG: It’s beautiful out here.

KAEWKHONKAEN: It’s remote. The people here live a simple life. My mother still lives out here. It’s the first time I’ve come out here in a couple of years.

YOUNG: What about Chet? Has he been out here?

KAEWKHONKAEN: He’s met my mother, but he’s never been out here. Someone has to be in charge of Assembly Security. Chet’s always been dedicated to being a soldier. What about Jim Kalla?

Assemblywoman Charlotte Young of Todd’s Cove has been dating Assemblyman James Thomas Kalla, the eldest son of the former President.

YOUNG: What about Jimmy Kalla?

KAEWKHONKAEN: Don’t be that way, Madam Secretary?

YOUNG: He’s going to meet us in St. Thomas, when the Sea Dogs play Portsmouth.

Charlotte Young, Assemblywoman from Todd’s Cove, was just appointed Minister of Education.

KAEWKHONKAEN: And how are our overtures to the Green Party going?

YOUNG: Most of the people elected as Greens, yourself included, are now Social Democrats.

KAEWKHONKAEN: Stop it. The Greens needed a relatively sane voice. That’s why I was their nominee last time. Now, most of the sane Greens…

YOUNG: Yourself included.

KAEWKHONKAEN: Myself included, have hopped onto the Social Democrat bandwagon. What about Jayme Summers?

YOUNG: Summers is about as Green as they come, but even she sees that it’s better for there to be a united left as opposed to what happened two years ago. Basically, we take what the Greens have to offer, pick out the nuts, and welcome the rest into the fold.

KAEWKHONKAEN: You think Ms. Summers can pull it off?

YOUNG: Ms. Summers may look like a hippie, but she’s far more organized than she looks. We’ll do fine.

KAEWKHONKAEN: Good.

Kaewkhonkaen sits and rubs her belly. She looks out at the blue sky, wishing that her husband, Chet Brown, was there.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:43 pm

The Kalla School
Buffett Island
Western Islands
Wednesday, February 13, 2030
2:00 pm

Soon after arriving on Buffett Island, the President and the Minister of Education are standing in front of a nearly completed school house, along with a few local officials as well as some high school aged students.

With most of the adult residents of Buffett Island fishing or working on the school house, the camera crew informs the President that her special guests’ pontoon boat arrived about 35 minutes ago. The camera crews from Andromeda City start filming as President Anna Kaewkhonkaen speaks.

KAEWKHONKAEN: Good afternoon. As many of you know, during the past 15 years, the Andromeda Islands has made tremendous leaps forward as far as education. Beginning with the initiatives of former President Sarah Vale, basic education has become available to every corner of the Andromeda Archipelago, even to places as far away from Andromeda City as Buffett Island.

This building will house the James Earl Kalla School, the first school in this part of the Western Islands.

KAEWKHONKAEN: I spent most of the first 14 years of my life here on Buffett Island. Unfortunately, there were no schools in the Western Islands outside of St. Thomas at the time, and I had no relatives outside of Buffett Island to speak of. But there was one avenue for me to take, an avenue established by former President Jim Kalla during the first years of the Allied States. I joined the Andromeda Navy’s Secondary Education Program.

The President sees a tall, muscular man who will replace her at the podium. She smiles toward the Minister of Education, Charlotte Young. Her boyfriend has arrived.

KAEWKHONKAEN: Now, things have come full circle. Now, the island of my birth finally has a school house, named for the man who initiated the ANSEP Program. The official dedication of this school house will be made, not by me, but by the man who carries his name. The official dedication of the James E. Kalla School will be made by his eldest son. I give you, Assemblyman James T. Kalla of Portsmouth.

James Thomas Kalla, the eldest son of former President Jim Kalla, won his father’s Assembly seat four years ago.

James Thomas Kalla replaces the President at the podium. He reads a proclamation written to dedicate the James E. Kalla School. As Kaewkhonkaen sits down, Education Minister Charlie Young whispers to her.

YOUNG: You think you’re so clever, don’t you, Madam President.

KAEWKHONKAEN: I have my moments. At least one of us should have a Happy Valentine’s Day.

YOUNG: You really think you’re the only person in the country that doesn’t deserve a normal Valentine’s Day with the one she loves?

KAEWKHONKAEN: I’m the President of the Allied States. I’m not in the same position as everyone else.

Just as she says that, the President’s iPhone goes off. She checks her phone.

MEET ME AT THE BIANCA. CHET!

First Spouse Chester Brown, the new head of Assembly Plaza Security, makes a surprise visit to Buffett Island.

The President is surprised that her husband, Chet Brown, has finally decided to take time off from being the head of Assembly Plaza Security, She looks over to Charlie Young, who smiles.

KAEWKHONKAEN: Thank you!
Last edited by The Andromeda Islands on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Catherine Gratwick’s Villa
The Western Islands
Friday, February 15, 2030
9:00 am

After celebrating Valentine’s Day, the passengers aboard the Bianca arrive at an Island in the middle of the Western Islands Sustainability Zone. This unnamed island is one of the few human settlements inside of the zone. The President and Chet Brown look out from the Bianca at the complex.

BROWN: This complex was built as a gift for Catherine Gratwick a couple of years ago. It was part of the black budget, so officially, it doesn’t exist.

KAEWKHONKAEN: So, what’s that over there?

BROWN: I don’t see anything.

KAEWKHONKAEN: So, why are we going to an otherwise non-existent residential complex on an unnamed island in the middle of an area where there isn’t supposed to be any human development?

BROWN: We’re getting an encrypted message from World Assembly Territory. Highest priority.

Set in the heart of the Western Islands Sustainability Zone, officially this complex does not exist.

KAEWKHONKAEN: So, it’s from Mike Knox.

BROWN: It’s odd, because he just called two days ago. It must be important.

The Western Islands are home to rare fauna that can only be found in the Archipelago.

After a few hours, Chet Brown, Anna Kaewkhonkaen, Jimmy Kalla and Charlie Young sit in a room with a blank screen. They’re about to receive a top-priority message from the Andromedan Embassy to the World Assembly Territory. The screen turns on. Mike Knox sits in his office joined by Valerie Page, San Angeles’ Ambassador to the World Assembly.

KNOX: Madam President, Captain Brown, who else is there with you?

BROWN: They are two members of the Assembly: Charlotte Young, Minister of Education and James T. Kalla, Jim Kalla’s son.

KNOX: Okay. Everyone’s cool. This is Valerie Page. She is one of the many vice presidents the House of Delegates. This conversation doesn’t go beyond the six of us.

Everyone agrees.

KNOX: As everyone knows, Odoacer O’Brien, the President of the House of Delegates, was killed by a Pride of Lions. So there will be a new House President very soon, and we have a slight jump on the competition.

KALLA: And how, Mr. President, did you manage this?

KNOX: Catherine Gratwick plans to step down at the end of the year. Only about 12 people know this. Odoacer O’Brien would have been the most likely successor next January. Valerie planned to challenge O’Brien, so she had already organized her campaign.

PAGE: But with O’Brien’s hunting accident, the plans have to be accelerated, and there’s another wrinkle.

KAEWKHONKAEN: You don’t want it to look like you were preparing before O’Brien died, even though you had no idea O’Brien was going to get killed.

BROWN: Which means that there needs to be at least two of you put forward.

YOUNG: Which means that you, Mr. President, have to throw your hat into the ring. Otherwise it looks like Ambassador Page is flying over O’Brien’s carcass like a vulture.

KNOX: Believe it or not, we didn’t send this message to tell you about our plans. An important door opens if one of us becomes President of the House of Delegates.

Everyone, except Page, knows what that is.

KAEWKHONKAEN: The Koni investigation opens back up.

YOUNG: And we find out the truth about Gus and Abby.

After a bit of discussion, Knox has one more piece of information to drop.

KNOX: There is just one more thing.

Everyone, including Page, waits for what Knox has to say.

KNOX: Catherine Gratwick wants me to join the Secretariat. Assistant Secretary-General in charge of Peacekeeping Forces on the Abu Continent. Once my replacement is appointed by the Andromedan Government, I will accept the position.

KAEWKHONKAEN: So, the Assembly should appoint your replacement ASAP.

KNOX: Actually, Madam President, you could appoint someone right now. I have a candidate in mind.

BROWN: So, what do we do in the meantime?

PAGE: Until the new GA president is elected, nothing.

KNOX: After that, I have some suggestions for my replacement.

KAEWKHONKAEN: Good luck, Ambassador Page. Good luck… Mr. President.

KNOX: Knox out!

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Fish People Settlement
The Western Islands
Saturday, February 16, 2030
4:30 pm

Nearly half of the area of the Western Islands is off limits to the general public. This area is officially under the administration of WISP, the Western Islands Sustainability Project.

WISP was passed in the Assembly of the Allied States in order to keep these areas of the Allied States relatively pristine. These areas are home to a number of rare breeds of flora, fauna, fish, amphibians and other rare species of animals. The most notable of these rare species are a humanoid, amphibian species known in local lore as the Fish People.

Until a few years ago, Fish People were little more than characters in fairy tales to most Andromedans. In St. Thomas, the capital of the Western Islands, there is the occasional appearance of a fish person. Only one Fish Person is known to maintain a residence outside of the Sustainability Zone.

Oola Tarkona represents the Fish people in the Western Islands State Council. The first non-human to be elected to a state council, Tarkona is one of the few Fish people who speaks English.

For much of the history of the Allied States, the Fish People have chosen to be separate from the Andromeda Government. The Western Islands have only recently decided to include Fish People in their census counts. After the last election, the Fish people chose one of their own to serve as a member of the State Council.

Although very few Andromedans know about the event to happen today, today is an historic day. In just a moment, the President of the Andromeda Archipelago and the leader of the Fish people will meet. It will be the first time that two such leaders have ever met. Most of the local community watches as their leader, known as “The Sphinx” and the Andromedan President meet. The Sphinx speaks with the help of an interpreter.

Atooka Omaticai, leader of the Fish People in the Andromeda Archipelago, is better known locally as “The Sphinx.“

SPHINX (through an interpreter): Eleven years ago, the human government that neighbors us made sure that our part of the world would remain free. The man and I set out the terms of this pact as equals. Today, the basic agreement between us will be changed so that our peoples can live free and venture out of our nation. We agree to the terms of the new pact.

The Sphinx backs away, giving Chet Brown the podium. The Fish People, along with many traditional minded humans, have a problem with female authority, so it was agreed that Chet Brown, the President’s husband, would speak for the Andromeda Government while Anna Kaewkhonkaen would actually sign the treaty extension.

BROWN: The Allied States of the Andromeda Archipelago, which holds authority over the human government of this region, recognizes the autonomy of this part of the World. We recognize that freedom is a gift to both of our peoples by the Creator of the Universe.

After a delay, due to translation, there is a polite applause.

BROWN: So, your leader and our leader shall acknowledge these freedoms by signing two copies of this treaty; one for your archives and one for our records.

Brown hands a pen to both the Sphinx and to his wife, the President. The two leaders sign both documents.

SPHINX: We welcome the representatives of the neighboring government to join us in a small celebration. After the Great Protector rises for air, we will have a meal.

BROWN: You mean The Kraken.

SPHINX: If that is what you call it, yes. The Great Protector keeps us safe from invaders. It has been many years since anyone tried to take our land. The last time was…

BROWN: Four years ago. The July Conflict.

Woe betide the sailor who explores the Western Islands at night.

SPHINX: Otherwise, the Great Protector only comes up for air once a day. It’s almost time.

KAEWKHONKAEN: After this celebration, will it be safe to sail away?

SPHINX: Not until morning. Your boat will be safe, so long as it stays in port.

The Andromeda Delegation, the Sphinx and a few others watch the Kraken emerge from the waters. It was a magnificent sight.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Portsmouth Pirates at St. Thomas Sea Dogs
St. Thomas Municipal Basketball Arena
St. Thomas, Western Islands
Saturday, February 16, 2030
4:00 pm

After their trip through the Western Islands Sustainability Zone, the President and her group arrived in St. Thomas early this morning. Although the President’s official business was still over, there was still the matter of the Green Party and their relationship with the ruling Social Democratic Party.

Soon after Anna Kaewkhonkaen became Vice President, she and a number of other moderates left the Green Party and either joined the Social Democrats or became Independents. The President wants the Greens to either unify with the Social Democrats or at least coordinate their campaign with the Social Democrats.

Today, Charlotte Young, the Minister of Education, has a front row seat at the basketball game in St. Thomas. She is supposed to sit next to one of the most popular Assembly members in the Green Party, a woman named Jayme Summers.

Jayme Summers, a folk singer and avid fan of the Joppa Jaguars, was elected to the Assembly from Joppa two years ago.

Charlie Young enjoys watching basketball. One of her favorite players is an undersized power forward named Clark Washington. Washington is now a reserve forward playing for St. Thomas, playing in his final season. Young watches Washington go through the pre-game warm ups with the rest of the Sea Dogs. She hadn’t noticed the rather oddly dressed woman move into the seat next to hers.

SUMMERS: Assemblywoman Charlotte Young?

Young is startled by the voice more than the appearance.

SUMMERS: Clark Washington? He has that effect on women.

YOUNG: Is it that obvious?

SUMMERS: Yes. But he’s married, he’s a Conservative, and you’re dating Jimmy Kalla.

YOUNG: Would you vote for him?

SUMMERS: Against the right candidate, I would. Washington’s actually pretty cool.

As the public address announcer announces the starting lineups, Young remembers that Summers is supposedly dating Joppa’s Star Center Dan Stuckey.

YOUNG: Before we get down to business, tell me about you and Dunkin’ Dan.

Dan Stuckey plays center for the Joppa Jaguars. His team is currently in first place in the Allied States Basketball Association.

SUMMERS: Have you noticed how Dan has been a much more disciplined player the past couple of years? Some would say that he finally found the right woman.

YOUNG: I wouldn’t dispute that. So, how about your colleagues in the Green Party?

SUMMERS: The people I talk to are open to joining the Social Democrats. There are a few on the fringes who are fighting against it.

After the first quarter, Summers and Young go out to the hallway.

YOUNG: So, who heads of the crackpot brigade in the Green Party?

SUMMERS: There are a couple. One is David LePetomaine.

Young rolls her eyes. David LePetomaine is a first class nutjob.

SUMMERS: The other is Ranita Wattley?

Young knows a little about Ranita Wattley. She was elected from a district close to Summers’ district in Joppa. She is a female evangelist known for her prowess as a faith healer.

YOUNG: The phony faith healer?

SUMMERS: The same. She has a small, devoted following.

YOUNG: About how many Green Assemblymen are devout followers of Wattley and LePetomaine?

SUMMERS: No more than 10.

YOUNG: And if you, say, asked the members of your party to join up with the Social Democrats…

SUMMERS: Most of them would.

Young and Summers are both satisfied. They walk back toward the court. The Pirates are up 29-23 with 9 minutes left in the half.

YOUNG: Good game, so far.

SUMMERS: Yeah. Looks like it’ll be a good game.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Online Edition
The House of Delegates
World Assembly Territory
Monday, February 18, 2030
11:00 pm

After the unexpected death of House of Delegates president Odoacer O’Brien, the House was scheduled to convene about 11 hours ago in order to replace O’Brien. The session actually didn’t start for an additional three hours after a number of Ambassadors refused to preside over the Chamber. After over an hour of negotiations, Assembly insiders decided that Virginia Ambassador Brian Cohen would preside over the Chamber. Cohen’s government changed a couple of weeks ago, and they are scheduled to appoint his replacement any day now.

After hours of negotiation, Virginia’s outgoing Ambassador Brian Cohen is chosen to preside over the Assembly until a new House President is elected.

Cohen, assisted by a number of parliamentarians, opened the floor to nominations. 14 Assembly members were nominated for to replace Odoacer O’Brien.

Among the leftists nominated was Black Volta’s World Assembly Delegate Muhammad Toure. Toure is also a professor of comparative religion at the International School. Andromedan Delegate Mike Knox weighed in on Toure and a number of other nominees.

“There are a number of Assembly members whose names always come up when these sorts of positions open up,” Knox said. “Muhammad Toure is one of those names.”

Ambassador Muhammad Toure of Black Volta is among the two ultra left Ambassadors nominated to lead the House.

Among the other nominees outside of the left was San Angeles’ Delegate Valerie Page.

“The Valerie Page nomination is unique,” Knox said. “Everything about her personal life suggests that she’s a liberal on par with Toure. But her voting record tells another story. Page is one of the few Assembly members who could successfully maneuver her way to the presidency.”

Many within the House and the Secretariat even suggest that Page could be a successor to Catherine Gratwick herself. The most notable is Andromedan Delegate Mike Knox. Knox was asked about Valerie Page, Alaskan Ambassador Meredith Driscoll and Bavarian Ambassador Lynne Schuller.

“Before I answer, I sincerely wonder what certain national leaders are thinking about when they choose their representatives to the World Assembly,” Knox said. “When I was first appointed eight years ago, I personally questioned the wisdom of my government. I wasn’t especially known for being diplomatic, but some of these delegates out here are like bulls in china shops.”

“I’ve gotten to know Valerie Page well,” Knox said. “She is indeed one of the few people running for the position who I feel has the intelligence and the temperament for a leadership position in the World Assembly. She also has a finger on the pulse of the culture here in World Assembly Territory that few people on our level have.”

When asked about Bavaria’s Lynn Schuller, Knox was less kind.

“Schuller has an air of gravitas that many of his contemporaries on the right don’t have,” Knox said. “Nobody on either side doubts that Lynn Schuller is an intelligent man. But Schuller really has two problems: One, he’s often incredibly blunt and two, he lacks the tactfulness that someone like Odoacer O’Brien had. You may not have agreed with O’Brien’s positions, but people here liked him as a person.

Ambassador Lynn Schuller, a right-wing dingbat from Bavaria, was among the first Assemblymen nominated to replace Odoacer O’Brien.

The right wing, which is usually well organized, nominated nine different candidates for the Assembly presidency. One of the other right wing candidates is Meredith Driscoll, a former President of the Alaskan Republic. Mike Knox was initially unfamiliar with Driscoll.

“Meredith Driscoll?” Knox said. “The name doesn’t set off any bells.”

After being reminded, Knox was able to give an informed opinion.

“I’ve never seen the right wingers here in such disarray,” Knox said. “Usually, it’s us leftist who are disorganized, which for most Assembly issues is par for the course. As for Meredith Driscoll, she has the look of an Ambassador, but from what I’ve seen, she likes the limelight too much. A good Ambassador knows that the real work here at the World Assembly isn’t done in front of cameras. Driscoll could definitely serve as a spokesperson for the right wingers.

Ambassador Meredith Driscoll, from Alaska, is among the nine Conservatives nominated before the Assembly recess. Five other House members were also nominated on Monday.

Finally, Knox was asked about the last person nominated for the House Presidency, himself.

“Come again?”

“Mr. Knox, you were nominated for the House Presidency. Your nomination was seconded about an hour ago. You, or someone claiming to be you, immediately accepted your nomination.”

“That’s news to me.”

Knox thought about where he was and which of his staff members happened to be on the House floor at the time. He vaguely remembers accepting a nomination a few hours before.

“I guess I am a candidate. Nevermind.”

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Online Edition
World Assembly Territory
Tuesday, February 19, 2030
8:00 am

Last night, fifteen Ambassadors were nominated to replace Odoacer O’Brien as president of the World Assembly House of Delegates. Fourteen of the Ambassadors accepted their nominations. One of them did not.

Cuban Ambassador Benito Hoover was last seen entering the Cuban Embassy yesterday morning. Nobody has seen him since.

According to the House of Delegates’ Clerk’s Office, Ambassador Benito Hoover hasn’t cast a vote on the Assembly floor in nearly two weeks.

“This is all very odd,” an unnamed member of the Clerk’s Office said. “Benny was always so friendly. It sucks that he’s missing, but Confucius says that the nail that sticks up gets hammered down.”

Cuban Ambassador Benito Hoover, one of the most outspoken Delegates, hasn’t been seen in more than a week.

Benito Hoover was one of the most vocal opponents of the current regime in the World Assembly. In recent weeks, Hoover turned his attention away from Catherine Gratwick and toward Odoacer O’Brien.

“He kept going on and on about a Beta Test,” the unnamed member of the Clerk’s office said. “He told me that if the Beta Test went as planned, he would be the big enchilada around here.”

Ambassador Orville Robbins of North Texas was more direct about his recent encounters with Hoover.

House of Delegates president Odoacer O’Brien’s death was apparently part of some Beta Test which involved Hoover.

“Hoover kept bragging about this Beta Test he set in motion, like it was some big deal,” Robbins said. “The way he kept talking about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if half the World Assembly Territory knew.”

The Cuban Embassy filed a missing person’s with the Territory’s Police Department yesterday afternoon.

“We were wary about even filing a missing person’s report,” the Cuban Embassy spokesman said. “Because if the Red Guard wants you gone, you’re gone.”

“This disappearance stinks of the Red Guard,” Ambassador Orville Robbins said. “Around here, there are the legitimate municipal authorities, and there’s the Red Guard. The Red Guard is above the law.”

Many in the World Assembly Territory have criticized the fact that Catherine Gratwick’s Red Guard has had special status in World Assembly Territory since the organization was established in 1993.

“There are a number of cold cases that could easily be solved,” a police department spokesman admits. “Unfortunately, most of those cases involve Catherine Gratwick’s Red Guard.”

“The Red Guard has long outlived its usefulness,” Ambassador Robbins said. “In the early days, the Red Guard was necessary to maintain order, but now Peace and Order should give way to Peace and Freedom.”

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Andromeda News Network
An Interview with Ambassador Valerie Page
The Andromedan Embassy
World Assembly Territory
Wednesday, February 20, 2030
7:00 pm

Mike Knox, the Andromedan Ambassador to the World Assembly, is one of the most influential men in Andromedan Government. Knox is also among the candidates still in contention for the presidency of the House of Delegates.

When the ANN News crew arrived at the Andromedan Embassy, Knox had a surprise for them. While they interviewed Knox, they would also be introduced to one of his rivals: San Angeles Ambassador Valerie Page.

Few people in World Assembly Territory know that Page and Knox are actually good friends. Tonight, the Allied States would learn about one of Mike and Bianca Knox’s good friends in the World Assembly, Valerie Page. ANN Reporter Rose Jackson gets the interview with Page and Knox.

JACKSON: So, Mr. President, could you introduce me, and the rest of the Allied States, to your guest this evening?

Valerie Page, an award winning actress and liberal activist, has represented San Angeles in the World Assembly since 2024. She leads in the House presidential race after three ballots.

KNOX: This is Valerie Page, the Ambassador from San Angeles. She’s also competing for the presidency of the House of Delegates.

Jackson turns to Page

JACKSON: And you’re a friend of President Knox?

PAGE: Yes. We’ve been friends for a long time.

JACKSON: Well, tell us about yourself.

PAGE: Well, in many ways, I spent my life preparing for this moment. Have you ever seen the TV show “Ventura?”

Jackson lights up. She recognizes Page from her days as a TV star.

JACKSON: You’re… OMG! You’re Caramel Brown!

PAGE: I was for four years. The show helped me pay for my Masters. After that, I was an interpreter in the Foreign Affairs Department before coming to World Assembly Territory ten years ago. I’m fluent in four of the primary languages. I also speak Cherokee.

JACKSON: And your experience as an actress: was it helpful when you came to World Assembly Territory?

San Angeles, one of the more progressive countries in NS Universe, is also home to a thriving entertainment industry.

PAGE: It certainly was. Mike… Ambassador…

KNOX: We’re on Andromeda Television.

PAGE: President Knox knows all about how to survive in the corridors of power.

JACKSON: When did you two first meet, Mr. President?

KNOX: It was at the Stranger’s Bar. Bianca and I had been here in World Assembly Territory for a few months. Bianca decided not to go to the July gathering. The San Angeles Ambassador didn’t show either, but Valerie showed up in his place.

PAGE: That’s not right. It was eight years ago, on “Mike Knox Day.” You know, there are only two people whose birthdays are National Holidays in World Assembly Territory: Jesus Christ and Mike Knox.

KNOX: It’s not actually my birthday, and it’s not an official.

PAGE: It might as well be.

Jackson senses that she has a story.

JACKSON: Hold on. There’s a Mike Knox Day?

KNOX: It’s a long story, but the last Friday in January has been designated as “Mike Knox Day” for the past eight years. I have no idea why they even have it.

PAGE: It was January, 2022. Knox was visiting World Assembly Territory and was scheduled to speak on Friday. Normally, the World Assembly isn’t even in session on Fridays. Most of the Embassies and the Secretariat were told that it was a National Holiday in the Andromeda Islands. I was a doctoral student at the International School. I also worked in the House of Delegates.

KNOX: The Staff at the Andromedan Embassy was overzealous then. Things have changed since I took over.

PAGE: Apparently, the Andromeda Embassy wanted people to go to the House of Delegates to hear the President of the Andromeda Islands speak. It was the only time an Andromedan President had ever spoken at the World Assembly. After the speech, I shook your hand. Mr. President.

JACKSON: Mr. President?

Knox laughs.

KNOX: It’s something that a few Andromedans here in World Assembly Territory started… without my knowledge. For the record, I personally don’t condone any such celebrations on my account. Besides, my birthday’s in February.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:28 pm

The House of Delegates
World Assembly Territory
Friday, February 22, 2030
Noon

After seven ballots, there were still four candidates left for the House Presidency. Valerie Page led the field with more than 40%, with three candidates each getting about 17% of the vote.

Mike Knox finished a close fourth, trailing Conservative firebrand Meredith Driscoll by two votes and trailing self-styled Conservative intellectual Lynn Schuller by less than a dozen votes.

With many delegates already leaving the House Chamber for lunch, and with the fifth place candidate already out of the race, Knox made a brief announcement after the 7th ballot.

KNOX: Ladies and Gentlemen of the House of Delegates. I have been honored by the show of support for my candidacy during the past few days. Fortunately, for me, there have been other candidates who could very well perform the duties of House president better than I. One of those candidates is still a contender in this race. I’m sure all of you can guess who that person is.

Ambassador Mike Knox decided to withdraw from the House presidential race, finishing fourth out of the five remaining candidates this morning.

There are a few laughs from the remaining sparse groups of people on the House floor.

KNOX: Therefore, in order to make this heretofore laborious process a little less painful, I hereby withdraw my candidacy for the presidency of the House of Delegates.

Lynn Schuller, a bestselling author, has represented Bavaria in the World Assembly since 2019.

The Knox announcement reduces the remaining field to three. Two questions will likely be decided by the end of the next ballot this afternoon: 1) Will Valerie Page gain a majority; and 2) If Page doesn’t get a majority, who will she face during the final ballot tomorrow morning?

Knox himself doesn’t have much control over many of his followers in the House. He hopes that his withdrawal will clear a pathway for Valerie Page to win outright this afternoon, but he is also well aware that some of his supporters have been known to engage in dirty tricks.

The Conservatives still have two candidates left, and neither one is open to negotiating with the other. Currently in second place is Conservative Lynn Schuller, who has been a fixture in World Assembly circles for years. Schuller is perhaps the most intelligent of the three remaining candidates. The problem with Schuller is that he is tactless. The World Assembly House of Delegates isn’t exactly the place for individual delegates to freely express their opinions.

The woman in third place is Meredith Driscoll. Driscoll is much better known for her personality and looks than her positions on key World Assembly issues. In many ways, Driscoll is the polar opposite of Schuller. Driscoll is an effective spokesperson for Conservative causes, but is seen by many as an intellectual lightweight.

Meredith Driscoll, Delegate from Alaska, represents the triumph of style over substance.

Driscoll has also made more than her fair share of gaffes while speaking on the House floor against Odoacer O’Brien and the World Assembly Secretariat. Despite this, many Conservative groups throughout the NS Universe prefer the vain, vacuous Driscoll to the rigid, professorial arrogance of Schuller.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Office of the Secretary-General
World Assembly Territory
Friday, February 22, 2030
9:00 pm

After eight ballots, business on the floor of the House of Delegates floor ended until tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. Valerie Page was just a handful of votes short of a majority. Meredith Driscoll came in a distant second, edging out Lynn Schuller by less than a dozen votes.

Catherine Gratwick, the World Assembly’s Secretary-General, will make her annual speech about the state of the World Assembly. This “State of the World” address is an annual event shown live in select World Assembly countries. In the early years of the World Assembly, Page made the address in front of the House of Delegates. Since her return in 2026, Gratwick pre-recorded her address, which normally airs in January, but has been pushed back to February this year. Here are some excerpts from Gratwick’s speech.

Catherine Gratwick has been Secretary-General for most of the World Assembly’s history. She plans to step down on December 31, 2030.

“Without a doubt, 2030 has already been a landmark year in many ways. Despite an unusual amount of parochial infighting among insiders, the World Assembly has made progress in ensuring that the world is enveloped in peace and security.”

Gratwick looks away from her prepared statement.

“Peace and Security. Few members of the House of Delegates or the Security Council would argue against Peace. But there have been legitimate concerns about what goes along with peace. Almost two months ago, that argument left the House of Delegates floor and became personal. Parochial infighting manifested itself into something more dangerous, and more deadly.”

Gratwick refers to the assassinations in Koni, where her right hand man, Miguel Estrada, was killed along with others.

“In recent years, there have been legitimate questions and concerns about the balance between security and freedom. There have been arguments in the House of Delegates. There have been different regimes of enforcement throughout the NS Universe, some of which have also brought affordability, practicality and cultural concerns into consideration.”

“The question is this: Can an organization truly promote peace and cooperation among nations without considering the different traditions of member nations? Do we really stand as a beacon for freedom throughout the world when we impose certain rules and regulations to such diverse nations and peoples? That is the central question behind many of the particular questions that the House ponders. We in the Secretariat have decided to take a first step toward many of our critics in the House and throughout the world.”

“In recent days, I have met with many of my critics who have been both respectful and honest about my tenure as Secretary-General. The criticism is that I have served too long as the head of the World Assembly. The criticism is that the World Assembly should not depend so much on the will of a single person.”

Gratwick pauses.

“I agree.”

“As much as I enjoy being head of the World Assembly, a truly international organization shouldn’t depend so heavily on any one individual. I have served for more than three decades as leader of the World Assembly. As the World Assembly evolves, the idea that any one person could possibly hold such power is anathema to the very idea of world cooperation.”

Catherine Gratwick served as the 1st Secretary-General from 1993 to 2022. She also served as the 3rd Secretary-General from 2026 to the present.

“Therefore, I humbly request that my current term as Secretary-General end on December 31, 2030. I also humbly request that after such date, no person be allowed to serve as head of the World Assembly for more than five years. This would merely be a first step to making the World Assembly more representative of the community of nations that it embraces.”

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:47 pm

The House of Delegates
World Assembly Territory
Saturday, February 23, 2030
11:50 am

After an unprecedented nine ballots over four days, the World Assembly’s House of Delegates has finally elected a President. The House of Delegates overwhelmingly elected Ambassador Valerie Page from San Angeles over Ambassador Meredith Driscoll from Alaska. Brian Cohen, the presiding officer for the past week, announces the final vote.

COHEN: After nine ballots, we FINALLY have a contestant who has the support of a majority of delegates.

Almost all of the delegates present applaud, with the exception of the group around Meredith Driscoll.

COHEN: Ambasador Meredith Driscoll of Alaska received 3,541 votes.

There is a smattering of applause. Driscoll sits stone faced in the front row. She knows that she has lost.

COHEN: Ambassador Valerie Page of San Angeles received 11,014 votes.

The moment Cohen said the word “eleven,” applause erupted throughout the House Chamber. Cohen tries to regain order, banging a gavel and waiting until the excitement in the House Chamber subsides.

Page was not in the Chamber when the final vote was announced. She and many of her supporters decided to spend the rest of the morning in the Stranger’s Bar after stopping into the House Chamber and casting their votes. The World Assembly Stranger’s Bar also erupted upon hearing that Page was elected House president.

After abruptly finishing her breakfast, Page walked from the Stranger’s Bar to the floor of the House of Delegates, accompanied by supporters. The whole of the House Chamber, aside from Driscoll’s hard core supporters stood up and applauded as Page walked onto the stage. Brian Cohen administers the oath of office.

PAGE: Thank you! During the past week, I have had the chance to talk with a number of delegates as well as a number of people who live here in World Assembly Territory. Many of the discussions we have had were spirited, yet respectful. There have been concerns about both the extent of power granted to the World Assembly and the exercise of that power. In the next months, we will discuss many issues and work to find out both how much power the World Assembly should have and how much they should use their power.

Page pauses.

PAGE: We are at a unique point in the history of both the World Assembly and the NationStates Universe. I look forward to helping to usher in a new era where the principles of peace will guide our planet and love, for our fellow human beings, will steer our stars. I pray that the corners of our world darkened by hatred, fear and ignorance will be chased away by the light of goodness and truth. Thank you!

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Geppetto’s Italian Eatery
World Assembly Territory
Monday, February 25, 2030
Noon

Two days ago, the World Assembly’s House of Delegates chose Valerie Page to be their leader. Page’s election represented a serious change in the World Assembly on several levels. One change that isn’t so obvious is that the investigation into the assassination in Koni is no longer a closed case.

Today, Mike Knox has a lunch date with his wife, Bianca. They would meet with a high level member of the World Assembly’s Police Department in order to discuss reopening the Koni case. The parts of the case involving Catherine Gratwick and Miguel Estrada are closed. Knox is concerned about the aspects of the case that involve Andromedan President Vaughn Dunlap and Fabiana al-Aziz as well as Augustus and Abigail Gratwick Thomas.

M. KNOX: It will still have to be done through back channels. As far as most of the people here are concerned, the case is closed, and the Red Guard isn’t all that interested in a few killings in a small island nation.

B. KNOX: At least the restaurant is nice. Who are we meeting?

M. KNOX: Outside of the Red Guard, he’s the #1 man in World Assembly Territory as far as law enforcement.

B. KNOX: Donald Cragen? His wife’s in my yoga class.

M. KNOX: You’re taking yoga classes again? You know that yoga has to do with Hinduism, right?

B. KNOX: Don’t start with the religion thing again, Mike. It’s just exercise.

M. KNOX: I don’t trust anything where they ask you to clear your mind. And those odd positions?

B. KNOX: Yes, yes. And you grew up in a Baptist Church. When’s the last time we’ve been in church, Deacon Knox?

Bianca Russell Knox has kept an exceptionally low profile since coming to World Assembly Territory seven years ago.

M. KNOX: That’s from dealing with heathens like you for the past…

Mike Knox sees Police Commissioner Donald Craven walking over to their table in street clothes. After exchanging pleasantries, Craven gets down to business.

CRAVEN: Ambassador Knox, Mrs. Knox. As you know, with Marius Butler and Odoacer O’Brien in charge, the investigation into the whole Koni affair was quashed. Now, all that we know about it can be found in any newspaper.

M. KNOX: There are so many unanswered questions from our end. We were hoping that the investigation could be reopened.

CRAVEN: And the answers to those questions can only be found here, in World Assembly Territory.

M. KNOX: Law enforcement back home has reached a dead end. Most of the phone calls were to World Assembly area codes. Then, they reached a brick wall. Hopefully, everything going on with Valerie has helped open some of those doors.

CRAVEN: I understand. There are some unanswered questions on our end as well. What I can do is put a couple of my best men on Administrative leave and have them work freelance out of your Embassy. They were working the case before the Red Guard put the kibosh on it. Now, there’s no reason why we can’t reopen it.

World Assembly Territory Police Commissioner Donald Cragen meets with Mike Knox. With Page’s election, the investigation on the assassinations of Vaughn Dunlap, Gus Thomas, Abby Thomas & Fabiana al-Aziz opens again.

B. KNOX: Could you also have some guys help us with an accident on the Big Island?

Vaughn Dunlap, Fabiana al-Aziz and Miguel Estrada were killed in Koni. Augustus and Abigail Thomas were killed outside of Todd’s Cove. Cragen hesitates.

B. KNOX: Abby Thomas was the Secretary-General’s daughter.

Cragen looks around as if he’s afraid.

CRAGEN: Since Gratwick came back, Miriam Aaronsohn and the Red Guard have been in charge. Even with Valerie Page being elected, we’re going to have to be discrete about this investigation.

M. KNOX: So, four of your best on special assignment: Two here and two back home.

CRAGEN: Sounds good. They should be by the Embassy tomorrow morning.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:28 pm

The Andromedan Embassy
World Assembly Territory
Tuesday, February 26, 2030
9:00 am

Mike Knox sits in his office, looking over notes for a class that he teaches at the International School. He waits for a number of World Assembly Territory Police Officers to arrive. He picks up his phone and talks to his chief of Staff.

KNOX: Ms. Bishop, have our four guests arrived?

BISHOP: They are here, Mr. President.

KNOX: Send them in.

Four detectives walked into Knox’s office. One of them, Tim Rooks, also happens to be a native of the Andromeda Islands.

KNOX: Please, be seated.

The four detectives sit around a coffee table. Knox moves from behind his desk to a seat around the coffee table.

KNOX: All of you know me. I’m Mike Knox. Everyone knows why we are here?

World Assembly Police Detectives Tim Rooks and John Munch will start their investigation in Koni.

ROOKS: Detective Tim Rooks. We’re here to find out the whole truth about what happened in the Andromeda Islands during New Years.

KNOX: Yes, about events leading up to the attempted assassination of Catherine Gratwick and the death of her daughter in Todd’s Cove.

MUNCH: Detective John Munch. As far as the Red Guard is concerned, Abby Gratwick was killed in an accident. Case closed.

KNOX: Well, the case is back open. You two will investigate in Koni and Todd’s Cove. What about you two?

STABLER: Detective Elliot Stabler. We find any connection between Marius Butler and certain people in the Andromeda Islands.

BENSON: Detective Olivia Benson. And we do our best to keep the Red Guard out of the loop.

KNOX: That’s right. Officially, each of you is on administrative leave from the Police Department. You’ll each earn roughly 50% more than your normal income during the course of this investigation.

Detectives Elliott Stabler and Olivia Benson check things out in World Assembly Territory.

ROOKS: So, who do we report to?

KNOX: Ms. Bishop, the Chief of Staff here will give you the Embassy number. There will be someone here 24 hour a day until further notice. Outside of ourselves and Ms. Bishop, nobody knows about this mission.

MUNCH: So, what are the next steps?

KNOX: In your case, you and Detective Rooks leave on a flight from Cork tomorrow morning. Ms. Bishop has your tickets and reservations waiting for you outside. You should arrive in Koni before Thursday morning. As for you two, Ms. Bishop will call you tomorrow morning. Good day, detectives.

The four detectives leave. Mike Knox makes a quick glance over the detective’s personnel files before calling his chief of staff.

KNOX: Ms. Bishop, I need to see you, please.

Jaclyn Bishop, Chief of Staff at the Andromedan Embassy is being groomed to replace Mike Knox.

Bishop walks in.

KNOX: So, what else is on the agenda for today?

BISHOP: We have lunch with the Three Stooges.

KNOX: Hoover, Robbins and West? Cancel it. We’ll pick up something on the way.

BISHOP: We have your class at 2 and your informal gathering at 4:00 in the Attic.

KNOX: How about a late lunch at the Attic? Also remember, as of tonight, you’re going to have someone at your post to answer phones 24/7.

BISHOP: Already on it, Mr. President.

KNOX: And start going with Mrs. Knox to her Yoga class.

BISHOP: Sir?

KNOX: You’ll be surprised at how well connected Bianca’s yoga class is. Get someone else to man the phones up here. If you’re going to be my replacement, you’ll need to develop a network, and that yoga class is the most networked group in the Territory.

BISHOP: I understand, Mr. President.

KNOX: You up for a walk in the park before class, Ms. Bishop?

BISHOP: It’s a nice day, Mr. President. I’m game.

KNOX: Cool. Let me know when you’re ready.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:38 pm

The World Assembly Botanical Gardens
World Assembly Territory
Tuesday, February 26, 2030
12:15 pm

Mike Knox has taught a class at the International School for the past few years. He plans to end his tenure at the end of the school year.

Today, he and his Chief of Staff decided to take a short walk through the World Assembly’s Botanical Gardens, which is across the street from where he teaches his class.

BISHOP: Mr. President, I’ve been meaning to ask: Why are you so interested in reopening the Koni investigation? Didn’t they catch the people who tried to kill Lady Gratwick?

KNOX: That’s kind of a heavy subject to ponder during our walk.

BISHOP: I’m sorry.

KNOX: Don’t be. Well, as you know, the Red Guard effectively closed the case after the shooters in Koni were killed. For them, that was the end of it. I think there’s more to it.

BISHOP: What do you mean?

KNOX: I mean that three people were killed in Koni on New Year’s Day. Two people were also killed in Todd’s Cove on the same day and two people helping with the transition are killed. Do you think there’s a coincidence?

BISHOP: I see. It looks suspicious.

KNOX: And the assassins in Koni. If they were after Gratwick, why were the President of the Allied States and Fabiana al-Aziz killed and Gratwick not? Who benefitted the most from Vaughn Dunlap being killed and Anna Kaewkhonkaen being out of the country?

BISHOP: Mr. President, you don’t mean that…

KNOX: I mean that your friend, Gina Castiglione, would have become President if something happened to Captain K. She and Owen Madden would be in Todd House right now.

BISHOP: You don’t like Gina C. Do you?

KNOX: I don’t know if I should like Gina C. I would like to know if someone who’s a heartbeat away from the Presidency conspired to have people killed.

BISHOP: You think she could have contrived something like that?

KNOX: I’ve been in politics long enough for nothing to surprise me. I want to know that the person behind those killings won’t be our country’s next president. I have nothing against Gina C, but I want the truth.

BISHOP: So, you want to know something about Gina C? I got something.

KNOX: Does it have to do with the investigation?

BISHOP: No, but it not a well kept secret.

KNOX: Okay. Shoot.

BISHOP: Her marriage to Owen Madden is a sham.

Penelope Garcia, a computer science instructor at Angeles City Community and Technical College, has three daughters and a son by Madden.

Knox is aware that Owen Madden was a bit of a womanizer, but he is shocked that Ms. Bishop would know something like this.

BISHOP: Gina C’s love affair is with power, so Owen Madden found himself another lover. He’s got this a whole other family in Angeles City.

KNOX: Is this woman anyone I know?

BISHOP: She used to be a dispatcher for the Angeles City Police Department. Now, she teaches in the computer science department at the Community College. She lives across from Government Center in Angeles City.

KNOX: Just because they both worked for the police department doesn’t mean they’re sleeping together. What’s this woman’s name?

BISHOP: Penelope Garcia. Everyone calls her Penny.

Knox had heard the name before, in connections with rumors about Owen Madden and Gina Castiglione. He tried not to let Bishop know about what he knew.

Most insiders acknowledge that Madden’s marriage to Gina Castiglione has been maintained for the sake of appearances.

BISHOP: Mr. President, when Gina C first went to Andromeda City four years ago, Madden became Governor. Garcia and her brood moved into his building. Since Gina C and Madden both went to Andromeda City, Madden still goes back to Andromeda City every weekend.

KNOX: I’m still not convinced, Ms. Bishop. What else do you got for me?

BISHOP: The children.

KNOX: How many?

BISHOP: Madden and Gina C have a ten year old daughter. Madden and Garcia have four children. Their oldest is eight. Just before she gave birth to their first, Madden and his maiden went to Threlizdun and got married.

Knox and Bishop are nearly finished with their circuit.

KNOX: Why are you telling me all this now?

BISHOP: You don’t want Gina C to become President, this is a bombshell. A loveless sham marriage? People back home won’t stand for it.

KNOX: You’d have to get rid of half of the Andromeda Government if everyone’s dirty laundry were aired. What Owen Madden and Gina C do with their own time is their business. I’m worried about if they masterminded assassinations.

BISHOP: So, you think they did it?

KNOX: We can’t prove anything, yet, but I wouldn’t put it past them.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Asad al-Aziz Airport
Buakonikai, Teardrops, Allied States
Saturday, March 16, 2030
8:00 pm

After nearly a week in Koni, World Assembly Detectives Tim Rooks and John Munch sit in an airport waiting area and look over all of the evidence they acquired.

ROOKS: Let’s review what we know. We have four killings in Koni that occurred in December and on New Year’s. There’s also the failed assassination of Catherine Gratwick herself. This all climaxed on New Year’s.

MUNCH: Now, we know who benefits the most from killing Gratwick and Miguel Estrada… Marius Butler. What about these other killings? Are they just collateral damage?

Miguel Estrada was Catherine Gratwick’s right hand man. He would have succeeded Gratwick as Secretary-General.

ROOKS: You could argue that Vaughn Dunlap and that woman, Fabiana, were collateral damage. But Rosie Okonedo and Violet Navarro? They were killed over a month before. Why would anyone want them killed?

MUNCH: There’s someone else who benefitted from this. There has to be. Look at this.

Munch looks over the autopsy photos of Fabiana, Rosie Okonedo and Violet Navarro.

MUNCH: Right here, on the outer thigh. All three of them have the same tattoo right there. They’re identical. They must all be part of a sorority or something.

ROOKS: I noticed that too. The coroner’s report says those are birth marks. Those aren’t tattoos. Those are birth marks.

MUNCH: Identical birthmarks?

ROOKS: Maybe they’re all related, and maybe the killer, or the person behind the killer, had something against their family.

MUNCH: It’s possible, but let’s get back to New Year’s. Do you really think that Marius Butler wanted to kill Vaughn Dunlap and Fabiana? There has to be someone else who benefitted from this. I think the Vice President was behind it too.

ROOKS: Anna Kaewkhonkaen or Gina Castiglione?

MUNCH: Gina, whatever her name is. She was in Andromeda City. The other woman was overseas. She had no idea.

ROOKS: And what about Fabiana?

MUNCH: People here treat her like she’s some sort of goddess or something. Maybe Gina Katzenjammer didn’t like the competition.

Fabiana al-Aziz was perhaps the most beloved person in the Teardrop Islands.

ROOKS: From what I’ve heard, Gina C likes to be the center of attention. Fabiana on the other hand, wasn’t like that. People just adored Fabiana. That Luigi Vampa, the Governor here, worshipped her.

MUNCH: That dude was a piece of work. He admits to murdering people he doesn’t like and nothing happens. Is this common practice in the Andromeda Islands?

ROOKS: Listen, Munch. Koni just joined the Andromeda Islands. Our country does have a bad reputation, but most of the places here are all right.

MUNCH: Anyway, you think that this was a coup on several levels? Marius Butler tries to get rid of both Catherine Gratwick and Miguel Estrada while Gina Cas… Castiglione gets rid of Gus Thomas, Fabiana and Vaughn Dunlap on the same day. And she probably tried to get rid of Anna Kaewkhonkaen too.

ROOKS: That makes the most sense, except there’s no proof. And that whole thing with Gus Thomas in Todd’s Cove? How do you know that wasn’t just a tragic auto accident?

MUNCH: There were bullet holes in the windshield. Now, what about Anna… Captain K? She’s the one who became President. Why wouldn’t she be a suspect?

ROOKS: She would be, except that she was abroad at the time. If she were engineering a coup against Vaughn Dunlap, it wouldn’t make too much sense if she were out of the country.

Vaughn Dunlap, President of the Allied States, was assassinated on New Year’s Day in Koni.

MUNCH: So, once we arrive in Todd’s Cove, we find out if the accident with Gus Thomas and his wife had anything to do with all of this.

ROOKS: Yeah. And we meet with Charlie Young, the Education Minister. She’ll give us the 411 on what was going on in Andromeda City before the killings.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Madam Shaheeda’s Yoga Studio
World Assembly Territory
Monday, March 18, 2030
11:50 am

The past week has been largely fruitless for Detectives Elliott Stabler and Olivia Benson. Many of the people connected with Marius Butler were either dead, missing or deported back to their home countries. Stabler and Benson’s requests for basic information were all met with denials.

After a week of fruitless requests for information, Stabler learned that the Red Guard had the authority to render any information unobtainable, using international security concerns to justify their censorship. The Head of the Red Guard, Miriam Aaronsohn, holds authority in World Assembly Territory that is second only to that of Catherine Gratwick herself.

The Red Guard has unlimited judicial and law enforcement power in World Assembly Territory.

On this morning, Stabler and Benson decide to meet Jaclyn Bishop in front of Madam Shaheeda’s, the most exclusive Yoga Studio in World Assembly Territory. A woman can only attend a yoga session if they are invited by a member. In World Assembly Territory, Shaheeda’s is the most exclusive club.

Stabler decides to spend the morning at the Police Station while Benson goes with Jaclyn Bishop to Shaheeda’s. Bishop assured Benson that she would become enlightened by her experience.

The class is led by Shaheeda, an articulate Indian woman from Punjab province. After about an hour, Shaheeda ended the class. Benson noticed that Shaheeda was taking cues from a strange bald woman in a tight red jumpsuit during most of the class. Soon after the class, the bald woman disappeared. Shaheeda walks over to Bishop and Benson.

The ex-wife of a diplomat from South Asia, Madame Shaheeda hosts many of the World Assembly’s most important women in her Yoga Studio.

SHAHEEDA: We have yet another new member of our circle?

BISHOP: Madam Shaheeda, this is Olivia Benson. She’s a Detective with the World Assembly Police Department. She’s on special assignment from the Embassy.

Shaheeda is aware of Detective Benson’s objective.

SHAHEEDA: You know, Valerie Page used to come here twice a week, but since she became House president, she’s been more busy these days.

Shaheeda looks over and motions to another woman who walks over.

SHAHEEDA: Ms. Bishop, Detective Benson, this is the person you need to see. Christine, you know Jackie.

Christine Schwartz and Jaclyn Bishop give each other air kisses.

SHAHEEDA: And this is Detective…

BENSON: Olivia Benson.

SCHWARTZ: You’re a guest of Jackie?

BENSON: Ms. Bishop was kind enough to invite me, yes.

SCHWARTZ: I hear that you and your partner are on a special assignment. How are things progressing?

BENSON: Not so well.

SCHWARTZ: Well, I’m Christine Schwartz. I’m the acting head of the World Assembly’s Bureau of Information.

Christine Schwartz, a senior employee in the WA Bureau of Information, attends the same yoga classes as both Valerie Page and Bianca Knox.

Benson is surprised. Schwartz walks over to her duffel bag, pulls out a business card and signs it.

SCHWARTZ: If you want something, go to those offices tomorrow and show them this card.

BENSON: Right now, Ms. Schwartz, all I need are some phone records for a few days correlating with a specific phone number. My partner and I can take care of everything else.

Schwartz looks around for the tall, bald woman, who left a few minutes ago. Once assured that the tall woman is gone, Schwartz resumes her conversation

SCHWARTZ: Come to the office this afternoon and make the proper request. Show them the card I gave you and you’ll get what you need by the end of the week. We may have use some back channels, but we’ll get you the information you need.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm

The Office of Assemblywoman Charlotte Young
Andromeda City
Thursday, March 21, 2030
3:30 pm

After spending a few days investigating in Todd’s Cove, Detectives Tim Rooks and John Munch arrived in Andromeda City. They arrived at Charlotte Young’s personal office. Young has two offices. She has her personal office and she has her office as Minister of Education. Also in the office is Assemblyman James T. Kalla, who is both an Assemblyman from Todd’s Cove and Gus Thomas’ cousin.

Detectives Rooks and Munch talk with the Treasury Minister in an informal setting in her personal office. Munch asks Young about her opinions about the death of Gus and Abigail Thomas.

MUNCH: So, what do you think happened on New Year’s Eve in Todd’s Cove?

YOUNG: I always thought that what went on was kind of fishy. Gus and Abigail were killed just hours before Vaughn Dunlap and Fabiana al-Aziz are also killed? I don’t believe it.

ROOKS: Wasn’t Gus Thomas going to run for President in 2030?

Augustus Thomas was the Treasury Minister. Vaughn Dunlap planned to make Thomas his successor later this year.

YOUNG: Not only that, but President Dunlap was going to do a cabinet shuffle. I was going to be on Gus’ campaign staff. Dunlap was going to make Gus Vice President.

ROOKS: What about the current Vice President, Anna Kaewkhonkaen?

YOUNG: Firstly, Captain K quit the Green Party last year. She wasn’t anywhere near as liberal as the Greens. Second, as some of you know, Captain K is pregnant. She had no interest in running for President.

ROOKS: So, what was going to happen?

YOUNG: When Admiral Winnfleid resigned, Captain K was going to replace him as Naval Minister.

MUNCH: What about Abby Thomas?

Abigail Gratwick Thomas was the youngest daughter of Catherine Gratwick. She was pregnant at the time she died.

KALLA: You know who Abby Thomas’ mother is?

Decectives Munch and Rooks think for a moment.

KALLA: Her maiden name is Gratwick.

Rooks and Munch are surprised that they hadn’t discovered this fact on their own.

KALLA: What happened was that both killings, in Todd’s Cove and in Koni, were masterminded by people here in Andromeda City and in the Secretariat. Butler wanted to kill Miguel Estrada, Catherine Gratwick and her one child in the Andromeda Islands.

YOUNG: And, at the same time, Gina C gets Vaughn Dunlap, Fabiana al-Aziz and Augustus Thomas. Gina C was cleaning house and what’s his name…

KALLA: Marius Butler.

YOUNG: Butler was cleaning house so that they both took power on the same day.

ROOKS: But right now, it’s all just a conspiracy theory. It’s a convincing story, but until we get some proof, it’s just a story.

KALLA: How is the investigation in World Assembly Territory?

MUNCH: It’s the same thing. They don’t have all of the pieces of the puzzle either, but it tells the same story.

YOUNG: Gentlemen, if you don’t mind, could you organize your information into a narrative so that the President and I can have a good look at it.

ROOKS: Does it have to be long?

KALLA: Just make it so that we understand how the story is weaved together. Have it for us by sometime next week. We’ll take it from here.

ROOKS: Would Monday be good?

YOUNG: There’s no hurry.

Munch and Rooks stand up and extend their hands to Kalla and Young.

MUNCH: Then we’ll be back here next week.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates