NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World Hearthwood (OPEN Sign-Up/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Gamma World Hearthwood (OPEN Sign-Up/OOC)

Postby Harbertia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Supported by the The Titans RP Group, and open to all.

Wiki

IC

MAP of Hearthwood

Hearthwood, nestled between the twin mountain ridges of East, and West end, this wholesome valley-

Character Form
Use your character form to keep track of your character though out the RP. Do not remove the binary code as it aids in locating these forms.
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Character Type:[/b] (Humanoid, Mutant Animal, Pure Strain Human)
[b]Mutations (if any):[/b] (Humanoids, and Mutant Animals only)
[b]Faction Relations:[/b]
[b]Place of Residence:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Relationships:[/b] (Family, Friends, etc)
[b]Bio:[/b]
=10101=

Sample (WIP)
Name: Susan Meranda Karnigie Olm
Appearance:
Character Type: Pure Strain Human
Mutations (if any): None
Faction Relations:
Place of Residence:
The Olm Family Farm & Homestead - Located outside of town, and settled upon a series of hills at the edge of the Greatwood, the Olm Family Homestead is one of the oldest businesses in the village, and dates back to the first settlers. It consists of a farm house that's been remodeled over the course of several generations. A barn is also on site, and has been rebuilt many times to accommodate the family's needs. The land it's self consists of three fields, and two pastures. The crops are corn, wheat, and pumpkins. Livestock consists of chickens, and cows currently though the family has tried different forms of life stock, and have been known to change their stock depending on the market. For you see the Olm Family Farm & Homestead is not only a residence, but a business. During fall the farm is most active with five to eight individuals being hired, or volunteering to assist in the harvest. Usually the farm will host a corn maze, and pumpkin related activities. Pumpkins are the staple crop of the Olm family, and adorns the gated entrance.
Personality: Susan is a serious person who says very little if she has nothing good to say. This doesn't mean she can't have fun, only that she prefers to do so during certain occasions set aside for fun. She has a certain level of pride to her. Susan can't really be called dark, but to say that no one has a vice would be a falsehood. Susan has a tendency towards prejudice, in that she's likely to judge someone based on what they are, before actually getting to know them. To her this is simply logical, every living thing has a reputation, and until you get to know someone better you can only be prepared based on that reputation.
Relationships:
Markus Olm - Her brother, who mostly works the farm.
Mason Thompson - Farm hand.
Timothy Olm - Young then Markus, and a bit of a silent fellow.
Sarah Olm - Her little sister.
Bio:
WIP
=10101=

PC Inhabitants

Lore
Still in the Works, what is here is not final.
  • The Ancients
    The Ancients where a powerful civilization able to revive the dead, to cure any disease, and create life its' self. A civilization destroyed by social turmoil.
  • Androids
    The Ancients had created life to be subservant to them. This life was the Android, though they built their servants all too well. More human then machine the constructs began to seek a place not as servant, but master. They revolted against their creators, and few remained loyal. Many fell into the delusion of being Human themselves.
  • Faiths - Their are many faiths in the world, and most people in Hearthwood hold a believe that combines elements of them while still identifying as one or another. Rare, Common, and Present labels are used to represent the presence of these cults, ideologies, and religions in the community.
    Due to the capabilities of the Ancients many in the world see them as gods. This belief can have various repercussions on one's self image, and on how they see others. No real right perspective exists, though those holding this belief will often hold that the reason Pure Strain Humans can no longer do what they did in the days of old is something to do with a falling from grace. They might propose that some over god is punishing his children by removing these powers, or they might believe that with a certain lifestyle one can again receive these powers of the ancients.

Radioactivists
  • Humanoids
    Humanoids
  • The Lil
    The wee ones are the local forest folk. Little people with wings whom the village has a loose treaty with. They are a playful folk who favor feasts, stories, and music. They usually come out a night, and rarely during the day.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 43 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:29 pm

I'll start things off by asking for any input, comments, or concerns with the current proposition. This should help us in discerning our creative path.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:47 pm

I'll be interested in this.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:I'll be interested in this.

It's nice to have you with us :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Harbertia wrote:I'll start things off by asking for any input, comments, or concerns with the current proposition. This should help us in discerning our creative path.

Maybe animism should function somewhat in the folk religion and maybe some type of connection with ancestor spirits. Something similar to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_shamanism and incorporating the Lil as strips. What do you think?
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I'll start things off by asking for any input, comments, or concerns with the current proposition. This should help us in discerning our creative path.

Maybe animism should function somewhat in the folk religion and maybe some type of connection with ancestor spirits. Something similar to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_shamanism and incorporating the Lil as strips. What do you think?

I quite like that idea; ancestral spirits, and the Lil as spirits. I'm sure it'd be comforting to look out into the night, to see the Lil roaming by, and believe it a parade of the spirits of nature, and perhaps; the ancestors themselves.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:27 pm

What's your opinion on the idea of the goddess now that we've established the Lil's place in the local religion? I'm starting to wonder if her role is necessary, or if she can be changed into simply being a prominent figure in the communities history, with out divinity, or if we should keep her divinity.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Harbertia wrote:What's your opinion on the idea of the goddess now that we've established the Lil's place in the local religion? I'm starting to wonder if her role is necessary, or if she can be changed into simply being a prominent figure in the communities history, with out divinity, or if we should keep her divinity.

Perhaps she appears as a crone and is thought to somehow by the founder of the village "Grandmother Spirit".

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:What's your opinion on the idea of the goddess now that we've established the Lil's place in the local religion? I'm starting to wonder if her role is necessary, or if she can be changed into simply being a prominent figure in the communities history, with out divinity, or if we should keep her divinity.

Perhaps she appears as a crone and is thought to somehow by the founder of the village "Grandmother Spirit".

Can't say I'm big on that suggestion, though, if we did something along those lines I'd actually want her to be a person who was part of the founding of the settlement, rather then a gynoid. An elderly woman who indeed discovered the valley, and lead her folk to it in her younger years. I could see everyone referring to her Grandmother, or Granny out of reverence. She could have been the one who befriended the Lil, and thus maintains a close connection to them.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:41 am

Since I don't see any new posts here I guess I'll get to work on some local personalities.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:Since I don't see any new posts here I guess I'll get to work on some local personalities.

That's a good idea, I was waiting to see others jump in on the conversation, but no one seems to have chimed in. I wanted to know what they though on them matter, but n word has come in. I suppose at the moment we have Granny as a personality.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:Since I don't see any new posts here I guess I'll get to work on some local personalities.

That's a good idea, I was waiting to see others jump in on the conversation, but no one seems to have chimed in. I wanted to know what they though on them matter, but n word has come in. I suppose at the moment we have Granny as a personality.

I was thinking of a local fisher guy.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:17 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

I was thinking of a local fisher guy.

Should he work near a lake, or river?
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:37 pm

I have a few ideas for characters;

Smantha 'Granny' King

Granny is the oldest citizen of the village, having been around since it's founding. She was one of the first to enter the valley, and lead the rest of her kin to it under the guidance of her father, Markus King. She had got into a dispute with him, which she thinks was over the direction they should travel, and drama she can't quite recall in full detail, or prefers to forget. Two of her friends caught on to the tension, and came to give her comfort; only to find her packing. After announcing her intent to set off on her own, only one friend was willing to follow, the other, needed convincing, which was provided by blackmail.

The three made their way in the night where they 'fell victim to misdirection', and found their way to the valley after one of them slipped down a rocky slope, breaking an ankle. Lost, and alone; the girls spent an uneasy night that became odd when Granny, who was on guard noticed fire flies like none she had seen before; which drew closer till it became apparent that they where something more. The three girls were questioned before being brought before the Lil King (Chief) deep in the heart of the Bamble. Samantha wasn't able to enjoy her self as much as her friends, but soon found some initiative when she heard word of a mighty beast that was terrorizing the Lil population.

She conversed with her friends, and struck a deal with the chieftain. Together, the three, and a group of five Lil set a trap for the Beast, and burred it beneath a rock. The Lil then helped the three leave the valley, where she returned to her people. Her father was not pleased with her, yet the description of the land caught his attention, and he altered course. Upon their arrival Granny became mediator between the newcomers, and the Lil; helping her father sign a document of mutual protection, and settle upon the boundaries of the community.

-Granny in her younger years-
"I was so impulsive back then, you'd be surprised the trouble I got my self into."

Susan Meranda Karnigie Olm
Race: Pure Strain Human

Susan operates a farm (that specializes in Pumpkins) she inherited from her guardians, whose name (Olm) she has taken, who took care of her after her father was vanquished in battle while defending a Purist colony when she was 12, and her sister newly born. After fleeing the settlement with her sister in hand, she was met, and was taken in by a traveling merchant. However, he didn't want to be responsible for their lives, and while passing though the village, left them at the Inn with out word. After months of no return she was taken in by a family of farming folk, where she has lived ever since. In her younger years she was a bit of a trouble maker, but has grown into a friendly, and productive member of the community having (mostly) out grown her intolerance. Susan is known for being both serious, and friendly; though stubborn at times. Mr. and Mrs. Olm aren't as active as they use to be, and have settled into retirement.

Sarah Olm
Race: Pure Strain Human

Surah is Susan's younger sister. She likes to spend time around the brook, and is oblivious to her family's past. As far as she knows she is an Olm, as to is her sister.

Tana
(Just imagine her with a smile :) )
Race: Humanoid (Mental Blast, Force Field Generation)

Tana is a local spiritualist who sells crystals, gems, herbs; and studies the Lil, though they have shown no desire to converse with her. Tana has found ways to make paper from a local flower, and sells scrolls of good wishes. She's very enthusiastic, and whole heartrendingly believes in the power of what she sells, and buys. One way to get on her bad side, is to doubt her product. She's a popular story teller, having the kind of personalty to lavish the simplest of tales.

Ideas we could expand upon, or discard.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:26 am

Tag
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:11 am

Race: Pure Strain Human?
Though only in his mid-twenties, Flytntan "Flynn" Lee is the true master of the local river. He does tell much about himself because he states there isn't much to say. He arrived in the village sometime ago and just found a place for himself. His reputation for flamboyant clothes and gregarious nature allows not a one not to notice him or at the least hear about him upon entering the village. When he is in town he can be found at various social hubs in the village, but often he is gone for days upriver from which he returns with many fish. Even though he is general well-liked, there have recently been a string of dark rumors concerning him ranging from occult involvement to lycanthropy. No one has dared confront him to his face on any of these allegations, he has knocked more than a few teeth out before, but the rumors persist.

I attended for this to be a minor npc.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:31 am

Personal Freedom wrote:
(Image)
Race: Pure Strain Human?
Though only in his mid-twenties, Flytntan "Flynn" Lee is the true master of the local river. He does tell much about himself because he states there isn't much to say. He arrived in the village sometime ago and just found a place for himself. His reputation for flamboyant clothes and gregarious nature allows not a one not to notice him or at the least hear about him upon entering the village. When he is in town he can be found at various social hubs in the village, but often he is gone for days upriver from which he returns with many fish. Even though he is general well-liked, there have recently been a string of dark rumors concerning him ranging from occult involvement to lycanthropy. No one has dared confront him to his face on any of these allegations, he has knocked more than a few teeth out before, but the rumors persist.

I attended for this to be a minor npc.

Flynn, the RIVER KING! :p

I think he'd make an interesting side character :) appearing from time to time.

though the rumors are concerning :( lol
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:33 am

I think the community should be ran in a semi-democratic fashion; perhaps having three prominent families who hold the highest seats, and a community council that is made up of anyone a certain age or higher who desires to attend. The leaders would presided over the community.

Council, with an elected organizer + Three Heads, each the head of a prominent family. One of the three presides over meetings, and directs the community.

Then again, we could go with a simple mayor council government.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Okay...

Character idea No.1
- Town librarian and scholar who is secretly an android.

No. 2
- Town Doctor (Staunch pacifist and dedicated to healing those he can)
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:32 pm

Charmera wrote:Okay...

Character idea No.1
- Town librarian and scholar who is secretly an android.

No. 2
- Town Doctor (Staunch pacifist and dedicated to healing those he can)

I like both of these idea :lol: and the images that go with them!
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:33 pm

they need names though :meh:

How's Milton for the doctor?
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Harbertia wrote:they need names though :meh:

Milton...
That could work.

James Milton sounds good

Irene Wright or Amy Black for the Librarian perhaps (Secretly JS-4593)

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:40 pm

Charmera wrote:
Harbertia wrote:they need names though :meh:

Milton...
That could work.

James Milton sounds good

I agree with James Milton

though I'm finding it hard to decide between Irene Wright, or Amy Black (though JS-4593 is excellent in my opinion) hmm I guess I'd have to go with Irene Black, though it sort of looses the 'right' that 'Wright' has. I really can't see her as an Amy.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Charmera wrote:Milton...
That could work.

James Milton sounds good

I agree with James Milton

though I'm finding it hard to decide between Irene Wright, or Amy Black (though JS-4593 is excellent in my opinion) hmm I guess I'd have to go with Irene Black, though it sort of looses the 'right' that 'Wright' has. I really can't see her as an Amy.

Irene Black should work.

Anything else we need to determine?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:50 pm

Charmera wrote:Irene Black should work.

Anything else we need to determine?

Well, we've got a loose idea of a local lore; the founding of the settlement, how some see the Lil, and an idea of the valley as being surrounded by mountains, having a river that runs though it, some hills, and dense woodland.

We have enough to begin, though we can always expand a bit. We know the village has a library, an Inn, Fishery (up river), a pumpkin farm....

At the moment I suppose the most vague aspect is how the village is actually managed, though it seems a simple topic to handle. I've suggested a Mayor-Council government for simplicity, and the ability to have our characters involved in community politics (to have a say in how the community responds to a situation). The model I've suggested is the kind where the council is more an assembly of anyone old enough to have a say, rather then a group of select men, or elected officials.
Tomorrow is made today.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse