NATION

PASSWORD

The Deadliest Warrior V 3.0: War Harder!

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Deadliest Warrior V 3.0: War Harder!

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:54 pm

WHO...IS...DEADLIEST?

Welcome to Deadliest Warrior! Here, we shall test to see who is NationStates' Deadliest Warrior! Signups are open and welcome to all. Matches will start when show runners are ready to do so, regardless of whether or not others are going on. Since I do plan on entering the competition, I am also going to look for someone willing to host the Holy Warrior episode so as to avoid any conflict of interest.

There are a few changes this year. Namely, while weapon testing and x-factors will remain involved, a greater emphasis is going to be placed on your full squadron and their support. There may be one or may combat operation tests to see your squad work to accomplish an objective. This too will be factored into the final grading. As we go on into the future, defeated warriors can and will still play a role as important third party forces in certain matchups.

Part 1- Basic Information

Warrior name:
Height:
Weight:
Gear:
Years Active:
Loyalties:
Nation of origin:
Expert one: (Appearance and bio)
Expert two: (Appearance and bio)

Part 2- Warrior
Appearance of warrior: (pic)
Warrior Bio: (3 to 4 paragraphs minimal)
Historical Battles/Significance, Lifestyle:

Part 3- The Squad
How many members of the squad: (Please no more than 15 members max.)
Loadout/Makeup of the Squad: (Complete with weapons, descriptions and links preferred)
Vehicular Support: (Note- 1 Vehicle and it must make sense for your squad. No super heavy tank destroyers and such.)
Platoon Support: (Note- Must be a support of some sort believable at the platoon level.)
Squad tactics:

Each test will involve 5-6 weapons being tested in the normal fashion as well as basic tests for platoon and vehicular support, plus combined arms operations before the simulation.. Tests will be timed in the real world to prevent someone from holding up a thread. You will score ineffectively with a missed test, but can still win.

X-Factors: (Out of 100. Unbelievably high or unsupported X-factors can and will be changed by test runners. PM to me.)

Audacity- The bravery and will to charge into battle, foregoing the odds.
Discipline- The ability to stay calm under fire and follow orders to complete an objective.
Experience- How much combat have they seen and how it has hardened them and made them better.
Extremism- The power of belief that the soldier has in his or her cause and how fare he or she is willing to go because of it.
Fatigue- How long the soldier can maintain itself in combat, a combination of logistics, physicality, and equipment.
Initiative- How effective the soldier can begin combat or tactically and strategically find gaps in the enemy.
Intelligence- How smart the soldier is and aware of the battlefield conditions.
Psychological Warfare- Between tactics, methods, and intimidation, how well they are at frightening the enemy or getting them to doubt themselves and inversely how immune they are to such tactics.
Physicality- The summation of their physical attributes.
Logistics- How easy it is to keep the soldier supplied and how effective the supply is that does so.
Tactics- The breadth and quality of tactics that the soldier understands and can implement.
Terrain Familiarity- The knowledge of terrain they are prepared to fight in.
Training- The effectiveness of their training.

List of Matchups-

FT: Totally open
Chünezhnar vs UNSC Marine
501st Legion vs

PMT:
Remnant Sentinels vs VAC-U

MT:
BASTION vs Maskimance
RCTRG vs RRTC Unit

Post-Gunpowder PT:
Krajstalian Partisan vs 12th Airborne Ranger Regiment
Gahmu Rifle corps vs Revolutionary Guards
Royal Guard Cavalry Division vs
Abeio Fusilier vs The Pathfinders
Florysian Dragoons vs
Emperor Dieter Veole vs

Pre-Gunpowder PT:
Neatherthal Berserker vs Kendov Krifiik
Show runners: (Those who will run the threads)
Last edited by Holy Marsh on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 22 times in total.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:21 pm

I'll post soon enough, I'm just working on my factbook to get it up to date :)
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Yuzhou
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzhou » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:33 pm

So out of curiosity, are these warriors going to be historical warriors or ones custom to your NS nation?
I have been previously known as Apfeldonia and Thimbyrland

Oh way down south in the land of cotton...

Water Earth Fire Air

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Custom to your NS nation.

Yuzhou
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzhou » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Holy Marsh wrote:Custom to your NS nation.

Ooooooh. I really don't want to miss this opportunity. The only issue is that I am preparing to move, and I will be gone for probably a whole week, though I may have access to internet in bursts during the trip. How much of an issue do you feel this may be?
I have been previously known as Apfeldonia and Thimbyrland

Oh way down south in the land of cotton...

Water Earth Fire Air

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Not at all. We plan on having many squads, so you'll be matched up after you get back.

Krajstali
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krajstali » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Tag Looks interesting
Hopefully this wont be as Biased as the TV show where Warriors who are American win All the time and never even lost a single battle :p
Last edited by Krajstali on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
forgive me god it's time to go back to the old me

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Don't forget to advertise Marsh c:
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 pm

I am. The app is different so people are taking their time.:)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Holy Marsh wrote:I am. The app is different so people are taking their time.:)

I know, I just don't want you to get worried that this will go no where.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Versail
Negotiator

Founded: May 21, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Vehicular Support: (Note- 1 Vehicle and it must make sense for your squad. No super heavy tank destroyers and such.)
I read this and thought "oh now I design vehicle oh god" so it take a while.
Another I am concerned about is I really want to be in this however I doubt I can be of the quality of this theard.
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.
http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/2499

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:19 pm

Not sure if vehicle use would necessarily be a good addition with just a maximum of 15 people myself.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:21 pm

The vehicles will be sueful for a very specific reason. Feel free to use a vehicle that already exists, is sold on NS and fits the tech level, or put together one for the thread- in all cases I will review to make sure it is realistic for a squad and fits the technology era being discussed.

Krajstali
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krajstali » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Warrior name: Krajstalian Partisan
Height:6'3
Weight:34kg
Gear:Vz. 24 Rifle Carbine,Captured Weapons,Mauser C98 Pistol,Model 24 Stielhandgranate,Bayonet, Various Traps and Improvised Bombs.
Years Active:1941 - 1946
Loyalties:The League Of Communists of Krajstali, Democratic Federal Krajstali
Nation of origin:Axis-Occupied Krajstali
Expert one:Image (Appearance and bio)
Hersan Danicovic, Studied Krajstalian History at the University of Crvenagrad and is an Expert Historian on Krajstali's History. He's an expert on Historical Weapons and Armies
Expert two:
Dani Milosan Image(Appearance and bio)
Military Veteran, an expert in Guerrilla Warfare and Partisan Tactics along with Historic Weaponry.

Appearance of warrior: (pic)Image
Warrior Bio: (3 to 4 paragraphs minimal)
The Partisans or National Liberation Army and Officially National Liberation Army and Partisan Detachments of Krajstali was established as an Armed wing of the League of Communists of Krajstali, the Partisans was an Army built from Scratch. Led by the Magnificent Josip Broz Tito. It was one of Europe's most effective anti-Nazi resistance movement.

Trained in Partisan and Guerilla Warfare these Partisans fight with anything they have ranging from the Czech Vz. 24 to even the German Karabiner 98 Kurz. They had not only fought the Wehrmacht but even other Resistance movements such as Chetniks and the Collaborators of the Occupiers, most notably the Independent Croatian state and the Ustase along with the 13th Waffen SS "Handzar"

Many had joined their ranks by 1944 with their numbers at 435,000 with an Operating Navy and Army. Ranging from different ethnics such as Serbians,Croatians and even Muslims all united by the Charismatic Tito. They had liberated Crvenagrad with limited support from the Soviets and when the Germans were on the run by 1945 the Rag-Tag band of rebels became a Conventional Army chasing out the last remnants of the reich in the last major battle of WW2 in Europe (Battle of Poljana) and fully liberating their nation with barely any foreign help. When the War was over they became the Krajstalian People's Army

Historical Battles/Significance, Lifestyle: Underground Partisan Movement (Soon became Conventional Army by 1945)
Famous Battles:Battle of the Neretva, Battle of the Sutjeska, Raid on Drvar, Battle of Belgrade,Battle of Poljana

How many members of the squad: 13 (Please no more than 15 members max.)
Loadout/Makeup of the Squad:6 with Kar and Vz. Rifles with Mosin Revolvers and German Lugers as secondary pistols,4 With an MP40 and Italian Modello 38 both with Mauser c98s,2 HMG Crew Gunners using a Captured German MG-42, 1 Officer with a Russian PPS-43 and Walter p38 (Complete with weapons, descriptions and links preferred)
Vehicular Support:Captured Carro Veloce CV-33 (Note- 1 Vehicle and it must make sense for your squad. No super heavy tank destroyers and such.)
Platoon Support: Motar (Note- Must be a support of some sort believable at the platoon level.)
Squad tactics: Guerrilla and Partisan Tactics
Last edited by Krajstali on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Accepted. Please PM your X-factors to me.

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Tag, I'll be posting tomorrow since I'm a little busy right now.
PRO: European Union, Russia, Putin, Pan-Slavism, Vince McMahon
ANTI: Ukraine, Poroshenko, Gay Marriage, BLM
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:43 pm

Warrior name: 12th Airborne Ranger Regiment
Height: 5'11-6'1
Weight: 134-45 lb
Gear:
M1 Garand
Springfield M1903
M1911
BAR
Thompson Submachine Gun
"Bazooka"
Helmet
KBAR Knife
Years Active: 1942-1949
Loyalties: Organized States Army
Nation of origin: Organized States
Expert one:
James Harrison, is an OS Army Historian with a PhD in Military History from the OS Military Academy and a premier expert on the OS Army in the 20th century

Staff Sargent West is a Jump Instructor for the OS Army Airborne and is a Ranger School Graduate

Part 2- Warrior
Appearance of warrior: Image
Warrior Bio:
12th Airborne Ranger Regiment, was one of the first Special Forces Units. A contemporary of the Marine Raiders and the Commandos, the Airborne Rangers were involved in some of the heaviest fighting during the Second Hydrois War. Trained with the help of the Asuman Commandoes, the Airborne Rangers, become the first multi purpose go-team for the OS Military, starting a long line of Special Forces Organizations that continue to this day.

The Airborne Rangers' baptism of fire, was the Battle of Clairzeonét Ridge (1943) in North Maxtopia. While taking heavy fire from Maxtopian Forces, Airborne Rangers scaled the side of the ridge from their drop-sites, and took out the massive artillery guns threatening the landing of OS Army troops in Chardoney. The Rangers, in what was heralded as a miracle by Commanders, only took 38 causalities, to a loss of 256 Maxtopian troops. This proved the usefulness of Airpower on the ground and the practicality of Airborne Landings.

The 12th Airborne Ranger Regiment, is heralded in the OS, especially following the hugely popular TV series, Rangers Once, which made legendary the exploits of Charlie Company, one of the Original Companies in the Regiment.
Historical Battles/Significance, Lifestyle: Battle of Clairzeonét Ridge (1943), Battle of Zardiffa (1943), Operation Market Drop (1944), Battle of Gronezek (1944), Battle of Wallyson (1945), Battle of Wichmont (1946)

Part 3- The Squad
How many members of the squad: 13
Loadout/Makeup of the Squad:
Radio Operator (x1)
Platoon Commander (x1, is technically a rifleman)
Riflemen (x8)
Demolitions (x1)
Fire Support (x1)
Marksman (x1)

Vehicular Support: 1944 Jeep
Platoon Support: Fighter Bombers Strikes (primarily P-51D or P-47D rocket, strafing, or bomb runs)
Squad tactics: Direct Assault, combined with fire support and flanking maneuvers

X-Factors: (Out of 100. Unbelievably high or unsupported X-factors can and will be changed by test runners.)
Last edited by Organized States on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Krajstali
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krajstali » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Organized States wrote:Sign up-

Gear:
M1 Garand
Springfield M1903
M1911
BAR
Thompson Submachine Gun
"Bazooka"
Helmet
KBAR Knife
Expert one:
(Image)
James Harrison, is an OS Army Historian with a PhD in Military History from the OS Military Academy and a premier expert on the OS Army in the 20th century

(Image)
Staff Sargent West is a Jump Instructor for the OS Army Airborne and is a Ranger School Graduate

Part 2- Warrior
Appearance of warrior: (Image)
Warrior Bio:
12th Airborne Ranger Regiment, was one of the first Special Forces Units. A contemporary of the Marine Raiders and the Commandos, the Airborne Rangers were involved in some of the heaviest fighting during the Second Hydrois War. Trained with the help of the Asuman Commandoes, the Airborne Rangers, become the first multi purpose go-team for the OS Military, starting a long line of Special Forces Organizations that continue to this day.

The Airborne Rangers' baptism of fire, was the Battle of Clairzeonét Ridge (1943) in North Maxtopia. While taking heavy fire from Maxtopian Forces, Airborne Rangers scaled the side of the ridge from their drop-sites, and took out the massive artillery guns threatening the landing of OS Army troops in Chardoney. The Rangers, in what was heralded as a miracle by Commanders, only took 38 causalities, to a loss of 256 Maxtopian troops. This proved the usefulness of Airpower on the ground and the practicality of Airborne Landings.

The 12th Airborne Ranger Regiment, is heralded in the OS, especially following the hugely popular TV series, Rangers Once, which made legendary the exploits of Charlie Company, one of the Original Companies in the Regiment.
Historical Battles/Significance, Lifestyle: Battle of Clairzeonét Ridge (1943), Battle of Zardiffa (1943), Operation Market Drop (1944), Battle of Gronezek (1944), Battle of Wallyson (1945), Battle of Wichmont (1946)

Part 3- The Squad
Radio Operator
Platoon Commander
Riflemen
Demolitions
Fire Support
Marksman

Platoon Support: Fighter Bombers Strikes (primarily P-51D or P-47D rocket, strafing, or bomb runs)
Squad tactics: Direct Assault, combined with fire support and flanking maneuvers

X-Factors: (Out of 100. Unbelievably high or unsupported X-factors can and will be changed by test runners.)

Audacity- 86
Discipline- 68
Experience- 78
Extremism- 59
Fatigue- 58
Initiative- 89
Intelligence- 78
Psychological Warfare- 74
Physicality- 91
Logistics- 90
Tactics- 71
Terrain Familiarity- 67
Training- 92

Oh boy..My first opponent :twisted:

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Krajstali wrote:
Organized States wrote:Sign up-

Gear:
M1 Garand
Springfield M1903
M1911
BAR
Thompson Submachine Gun
"Bazooka"
Helmet
KBAR Knife
Expert one:
(Image)

(Image)

Part 2- Warrior
Appearance of warrior: (Image)
Warrior Bio:

Part 3- The Squad
Radio Operator
Platoon Commander
Riflemen
Demolitions
Fire Support
Marksman

Audacity- 86
Discipline- 68
Experience- 78
Extremism- 59
Fatigue- 58
Initiative- 89
Intelligence- 78
Psychological Warfare- 74
Physicality- 91
Logistics- 90
Tactics- 71
Terrain Familiarity- 67
Training- 92

Oh boy..My first opponent :twisted:

Fear my Napalm! 8)
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Accepted. Is that matchup fine? Please detail in greater quality the exact makeup of your squad, Organized States. I need to know the exact numbers of what makes up your squadron. Also, please PM the X-factors to myself so no one else may see them. Thanks.:)

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:48 pm

I want to be part of this.....tomorrow.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:48 pm

Holy Marsh wrote:Accepted. Is that matchup fine? Please detail in greater quality the exact makeup of your squad, Organized States. I need to know the exact numbers of what makes up your squadron. Also, please PM the X-factors to myself so no one else may see them. Thanks.:)

Alright!
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Krajstali
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Krajstali » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Better get the Partisans ready for the big Day
*Puts Workout Music On*

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:54 pm

Vancon wrote:I want to be part of this.....tomorrow.

Do World War 2. It's more fun.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Postby Holy Marsh » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:55 pm

UEG, wanna run this match? I will still help vis a vi background judging, x-factors, and test design so it'll be easy to do so.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates