NATION

PASSWORD

Cis vs the covenant

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Metcalfer
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Cis vs the covenant

Postby Metcalfer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Okay I would like to know who would win the cis vs the covenant , the battle will happen on and obove the planet kashyyyk , they will be aloud all there forces seen in each of there franchises and if you want you can write a story for it.
Even if a weapon is out dated it can still kill
Founding member of the kratos alliance
That awkward moment when you are digging a hole for a person you have killed and you find a body
Pugs pugs pugs pugs pugs pugs pugs

The Seran Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Seran Federation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Separatists win. Sorry, Covenant.
This is an FT puppet for The United Remnants of America.

For the Seran Federation, think Killzone, EVE, and Halo.

Bodazeg
Secretary

Founded: Aug 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodazeg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm

That would depend on a few things.
Our new king has just begun a massive military modernization effort. We are buying A LOT of modern weapons, to replace our mostly Cold War-era military technology.

Orangi
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Kashyyyk is glassed from orbit, Covenant wins.
The Sovereign Republic of Orangi: World Assembly Member

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:15 pm

1. This would be a nifty Poll.
2. Covies, 'cause spacelazors. Also planet-glassing.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Covenant, no contest.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

The Seran Federation
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Seran Federation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Vancon wrote:1. This would be a nifty Poll.

Seppies, because moar spacelazors.

Orangi wrote:Kashyyyk is glassed from orbit, Covenant wins.

Kashyyyk isn't strategically important to the CIS, so why would that matter? The parameters of the battle didn't rely on Kashyyk's defense, it was just a location.
Last edited by The Seran Federation on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:21 pm

The Seran Federation wrote:
Vancon wrote:1. This would be a nifty Poll.

Seppies, because moar spacelazors.

Orangi wrote:Kashyyyk is glassed from orbit, Covenant wins.

Kashyyk isn't strategically important to the CIS, so why would that matter? The parameters of the battle didn't rely on Kashyyk's defense, it was just a location.

The seppies control a diminishing portion of their galaxy. The covies have all of it, larger ships and better spacelazors. More importantly, If the place isn't strategically beneficial, why are they fighting over it then?
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:23 pm

Vancon wrote:
The Seran Federation wrote:Seppies, because moar spacelazors.

Kashyyk isn't strategically important to the CIS, so why would that matter? The parameters of the battle didn't rely on Kashyyk's defense, it was just a location.

The seppies control a diminishing portion of their galaxy. The covies have all of it, larger ships and better spacelazors. More importantly, If the place isn't strategically beneficial, why are they fighting over it then?

The Covenant also has better soldiers, better tactics, better weapons, better leadership...

The Covenant is just better all around. The only chance in hell that they could win is if Count Dooku or something took to the battle, although match him up with the Arbiter (dual-wielding energy swords) and gg CIS.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

The Seran Federation
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Seran Federation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Vancon wrote:
The Seran Federation wrote:Seppies, because moar spacelazors.

The OP just provided it as a location. The CIS initially attacked Kashyyyk because of it's value to the Republic.

The Covenant actually controls little of the galaxy. Just a much larger portion than the humans. CIS at one point controls half the galaxy. The Seppies also have a homefield advantage and troops slightly smarter than grunts and less fearful.

Iron Confederation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Confederation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Depends on what space firepower the CIS is bringing to the battle; the Covenant have some pretty insane supercruisers. I'd say they win unless the CIS pulls out something like the Malevolence, in which case it would be a much more even fight. The Lucrehulk-class cruisers en masse plus the Malevolence are probably a match for the Covenant's space forces.

On the ground, it's much more interesting. B1 droids are a joke of course, but B2s can probably take on Elites and win. The Covenant's strongest weapon on the ground is likely their Hunters, because those can move fast enough to take out CIS vehicles and infantry pretty easily. As for armor, AATs are about equal to Wraiths and STAPs about equal to Ghosts (STAPs move faster iirc), but the Scarab definitely stomps the CIS equivalent, the MTT (although the MTT can move faster). Just based on the Scarabs and Hunters, I'd say the Covenant has an edge in ground battles.

It's a good matchup, to be sure - if the CIS has the Malevolence, I'd tentatively side with them just because of the sheer amount of space firepower they can wield, but otherwise the Covenant wins.
Moderate Libertarian.
Pro: Gun Rights, Gender Equality, States' Rights, Freedoms of Speech and Religion, Civil Rights, Public Transportation, Necessary Corporate Restrictions, Alternate Energy, Drug Legalization, Minimum Wage
Anti: Animal Rights, Environmentalism, Abortion (after brain activity), Welfare (except for the disabled, etc.)
Mixed/Neutral/Moderate: Almost everything else
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

New Bazlantis wrote:Sometimes I swear all the Wilsonian idealists that couldn't cut it in the real world have retreated to NS where they don't have to deal with the harsh, but true, realities of 'grown up' international relations.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:25 pm

With the current canon?

Depending on how you look at things, space could go either way, it depends on how both sides Captains decide to do this, in space I give it to the Covenant due to superior range, I have never seen anything stating CIS ranges, but the Covenant having at least double digit gigaton energy projectors.

Ground side, again with the current canon should go either way, but I'd side with the Covenant.

I was never impressed with either sides ground doctrine, but the Covenant definitely seem to have the edge in air support, and their ground troops seem more competent then the largest amount of the CIS.

The Droidikas and Mgalekgolo respectively be the hardest infantry hitters for their sides.

If we go with the old Lucas era canon, the Covenant get their ass kicked like the UNSC did when they had their war, unless we go with the absolute wankiest version of the Covenant possible, they get their asses kicked.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:25 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Vancon wrote:The seppies control a diminishing portion of their galaxy. The covies have all of it, larger ships and better spacelazors. More importantly, If the place isn't strategically beneficial, why are they fighting over it then?

The Covenant also has better soldiers, better tactics, better weapons, better leadership...

The Covenant is just better all around. The only chance in hell that they could win is if Count Dooku or something took to the battle, although match him up with the Arbiter (dual-wielding energy swords) and gg CIS.

Depends which Arbiter. Against Ripa, Dooku would win. Against Thel, harder fight but he'd win.

Against a legion of Banshees, Wraiths, Revenants, and Spectres? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Last edited by Orangi on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Vancon wrote:The seppies control a diminishing portion of their galaxy. The covies have all of it, larger ships and better spacelazors. More importantly, If the place isn't strategically beneficial, why are they fighting over it then?

Or a chieftain, with their own spacemagiks. Or invincibility. But even then, good luck blocking a spacelazor that's incinerating the planet.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:27 pm

The OP just provided it as a location. The CIS initially attacked Kashyyyk because of it's value to the Republic.

The Covenant actually controls little of the galaxy. Just a much larger portion than the humans. CIS at one point controls half the galaxy. The Seppies also have a homefield advantage and troops slightly smarter than grunts and less fearful.

Are you kidding me? B1 droids are jokes. At least grunts fight decently in groups when commanded by an elite or brute.

Not to mention, the Covenant doesn't fight in colonial-style formations. A well placed wraith cannon shot and an entire B1 battalion goes kablooey.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Vancon wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:The Covenant also has better soldiers, better tactics, better weapons, better leadership...

Or a chieftain, with their own spacemagiks. Or invincibility. But even then, good luck blocking a spacelazor that's incinerating the planet.

Tartarus would annihilate Dooku.

Iron Confederation
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Confederation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:28 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:The Droidikas and Mgalekgolo respectively be the hardest infantry hitters for their sides.

How could I forget Droidekas? Whoops.

Even so, the Hunters still dominate Droidekas. They're bulky enough to just walk up and smash them if they have to, unless the CIS masses droideka and uses them to take out Hunters which only work in pairs.
Moderate Libertarian.
Pro: Gun Rights, Gender Equality, States' Rights, Freedoms of Speech and Religion, Civil Rights, Public Transportation, Necessary Corporate Restrictions, Alternate Energy, Drug Legalization, Minimum Wage
Anti: Animal Rights, Environmentalism, Abortion (after brain activity), Welfare (except for the disabled, etc.)
Political Compass

New Bazlantis wrote:Sometimes I swear all the Wilsonian idealists that couldn't cut it in the real world have retreated to NS where they don't have to deal with the harsh, but true, realities of 'grown up' international relations.

The Seran Federation
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Seran Federation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:28 pm

Iron Confederation wrote:Depends on what space firepower the CIS is bringing to the battle; the Covenant have some pretty insane supercruisers. I'd say they win unless the CIS pulls out something like the Malevolence, in which case it would be a much more even fight. The Lucrehulk-class cruisers en masse plus the Malevolence are probably a match for the Covenant's space forces.

On the ground, it's much more interesting. B1 droids are a joke of course, but B2s can probably take on Elites and win. The Covenant's strongest weapon on the ground is likely their Hunters, because those can move fast enough to take out CIS vehicles and infantry pretty easily. As for armor, AATs are about equal to Wraiths and STAPs about equal to Ghosts (STAPs move faster iirc), but the Scarab definitely stomps the CIS equivalent, the MTT (although the MTT can move faster). Just based on the Scarabs and Hunters, I'd say the Covenant has an edge in ground battles.

It's a good matchup, to be sure - if the CIS has the Malevolence, I'd tentatively side with them just because of the sheer amount of space firepower they can wield, but otherwise the Covenant wins.

Hunters would be countered by Dwarf Spiders, Crabs, Droidekas, and Commandos.

Scarabs could be combated with Homing Spiders. Though much slower, they pack a more direct and faster punch. Also, Tank Droids exist.

The Republic of Merrimont
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Merrimont » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:29 pm

The covenant is way fucking modern than the CIS they win cis lose.
░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄
░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌
░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▌▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌
░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀
░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀
The Serbian Empire wrote:You wot m8 with Iggy Azalea?

Czechanada wrote:Also, having strong fingers impresses the girls. ;)

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Orangi wrote:
Vancon wrote:

Tartarus would annihilate Dooku.

If he was as tough as he was in the Campaign, Tartarus would eat him for breakfast.
RYM Account
Calimama wrote:You are the tech master now, all hail 'O Wise Technical God.

The Seran Federation
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Seran Federation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Iron Confederation wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:The Droidikas and Mgalekgolo respectively be the hardest infantry hitters for their sides.

How could I forget Droidekas? Whoops.

Even so, the Hunters still dominate Droidekas. They're bulky enough to just walk up and smash them if they have to, unless the CIS masses droideka and uses them to take out Hunters which only work in pairs.

Whereas Droidekas work in squads of 3-5. They're smaller, but can move quicker. I don't think they'd survive a shot from the Hunter's cannon. Maybe one, but not two.

Orangi
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Orangi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Iron Confederation wrote:Depends on what space firepower the CIS is bringing to the battle; the Covenant have some pretty insane supercruisers. I'd say they win unless the CIS pulls out something like the Malevolence, in which case it would be a much more even fight. The Lucrehulk-class cruisers en masse plus the Malevolence are probably a match for the Covenant's space forces.

Hunters would be countered by Dwarf Spiders, Crabs, Droidekas, and Commandos.

Scarabs could be combated with Homing Spiders. Though much slower, they pack a more direct and faster punch. Also, Tank Droids exist.

So do Liches, and again, CCS Battlecruisers. Which are as big as Star Destroyers. And that's their most common warship.

The CIS has no ships bigger and better than the Providence Class Cruiser, and that could never take on a CCS Class. If two jedi could compromise The Invisible Hand, Covenant Strike Teams would annihilate it.

HOWEVER.

Needler-type-weapons are useless, even against B-1 Battle Droids. So that's Needle Rifles, Needlers, and particular blades utterly useless. But Plasma Pistols would be effective against them all.

Even Droideka. Especially Droideka.

Iron Confederation
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Confederation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 pm

The Seran Federation wrote:Hunters would be countered by Dwarf Spiders, Crabs, Droidekas, and Commandos.

The problem that Dward Spiders, Crabs, and Droideka have with Hunters is that they simply can't adjust to terrain and leap around like Hunters can. This is on Kashyyyk, right? Hunters are much more capable of using the terrain to dominate them. Commados, though, you're probably right. If the Hunters can lose to one Spartan, a good group of Commando droid would probably take them down.

Also lol Homing Spiders. One shot to the leg joint and they're toast. Unless you massed them (which the CIS is capable of), the Scarab's just going to one-shot them. I'd respond to Scarabs with Hailfire droids, personally - they took down AT-TEs pretty easily at Geonosis, and those are tankier than Scarabs.
Moderate Libertarian.
Political Compass

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 pm

The Covenant still have a massive space fleet, High Charity itself (While having a hefty defense, possibly numerous energy projectors and plasma torpedoes) had a massive fleet protecting it, the Covenant fleet that attacked reach was 700 ships + iirc.

I question the B2's ability to beat a Sang, your average Minor, and maybe a Major? yeah sure, but an Ultra would kick their silly ass, and a smart Sang leader will be able to organize the Grunts (Who when motivated, and not fighting a fucking Spartan, are pretty dangerous near man sized beast.

I would say an AAT is superior to a Wraith mostly because one is a tank, and the other is mobile artillery, a Sang commander would have to be careful when using his artillery against an AAT.

(Now we don't know if the Covenant have tanks, Bungie and now 343 always keep adding, in Halo 5 we may see a true Covenant tank, but if the Covenant don't have them , its quite possible the Sangs never developed tank warfare, which explains why we see a lot of Wraiths, artillery focus, one can argue Mgalekgolo can make reasonable replacements, after all they can incinerate Spartans easily, they would fuck up any tank assuming it isn't a Pre Disney SW tank, a Bolo, anything Warhammer.)

Anyways technically with Disney canon, the Covenant and CIS can have about many equal fights, win some, loose some.

But unless you equalize the numbers, or unless the Covenant find the CIS manufacturing worlds and play this smart, they will drown in numbers, the CIS is able to fight a Galactic wide Government easily and is a notable political entity, a sign of the more classical era of sci fi.

The Covenant are more modern, it takes more into account for the galaxy it is in and is thus smaller.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

The Seran Federation
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Seran Federation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Orangi wrote:
The Seran Federation wrote:Hunters would be countered by Dwarf Spiders, Crabs, Droidekas, and Commandos.

So do Liches, and again, CCS Battlecruisers. Which are as big as Star Destroyers. And that's their most common warship.

The CIS has no ships bigger and better than the Providence Class Cruiser, and that could never take on a CCS Class. If two jedi could compromise The Invisible Hand, Covenant Strike Teams would annihilate it.

HOWEVER.

Needler-type-weapons are useless, even against B-1 Battle Droids. So that's Needle Rifles, Needlers, and particular blades utterly useless. But Plasma Pistols would be effective against them all.

Even Droideka. Especially Droideka.

Truth. But likewise, the DDT would get rid of those pesky Covie biological lifeforms.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction