NATION

PASSWORD

World of Conquest (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Acroticus
Senator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

World of Conquest (IC)

Postby Acroticus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:08 pm

World of Conquest

"Philanthropic colonization is a failure. National colonization will succeed."

- Theodor Herzl

The year is 1850 AD and the world is a very different place. Massive Empires have been created, with huge armies that are capable of war on a scale greater than ever before in the history of mankind. The beginnings of industrialization are taking root in the modern world, and monstrous machines have the capability to break the economic barriers of the past. Fleets travel the world, many towards the New World to make further discoveries. Massive amounts of cheap land, the promise of work, and tales of adventure have caused many to travel overseas to this new world. Similarly, the continent of Africa has peaked many interests, as its valuable resources and the excitement of travel bring people from all nations to bear.

Just as these lands draw in people, nations are drawn towards these areas as well. Many nations have created colonies to enhance their position, and increase their power. This is not an easy process however; the natives have to be subdued, and even after that, other industrial nations have to be fended off. This colonization has the potential to cause something the world has never seen before; a war on a global scale. Your enemies are afoot, watching your moves, trying to take your land: welcome to the World of Conquest!

Rules

1) Obey OP and Co-OP
2) No Meta Gaming
3) No Name Calling
4) If you are inactive for more than three days without telling either myself of the Co-OP, you will be kicked.
5) This one is very important: take your time with expansion. Do not expect to capture all of Canada in a week...it won't happen. :p
6) Every three pages IC is one year
7) You will have some say over your nation (the name may be changed, as can your history, rulers, form of government etc.), but you must conform to the modern descriptions of each nation I have posted on this thread!
8 ) You may NOT make your own nation, you must select from the premade ones!!!
9) One of the biggest changes in history that must remain constant in this RP is that Islam never took hold across the Middle East or North Africa. It existed, but never became widespread.
10) You may change the form of government or name of any of the nations listed below, just put it in your app.

MAP:

http://postimg.org/image/sigji9n37/full/
Last edited by Acroticus on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 pm

I'll write something here.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Paris, France

The French Emperor was a precarious position; beholden on one hand to the Generals of the Military, and on the other, the Senate. Emperor Lucien Duveau was no different from his predecessors in that. While Lucien was popular enough with the people, his influence within the Senate was diminishing. It was his quick wit and his solver tongue that had created his original supporters in the Senate, but there were fewer and fewer now. Desforges had resigned, Maret removed for corruption charges, Puech and Lammorre were both defeated by challengers in the last election. Without these four, the coalition supporting Duveau as Emperor was only a skeleton of what it once was. Still, he was the Emperor and had all the powers entitled to the title.

It was a relatively dark room where Emperor Duveau met his staffers. It was large enough, with seats for 20, but there were rarely so many Duveau felt close enough to plan his moves with. In the room sat five men, including Duveau himself. The first man was Lord Therin Perot. Perot was an older man, with grey hair, and short. He had been a Senator before, for only two years. Perot had helped Duveau rise to power more than 10 years ago, when he first became a Senator. After his resignation from the Senate, he served as Governor of Quebec when the revolution began. He was removed from that position, and sent to St. Croix, where he was an assistant to the governor. While there, the island faced problems with pirates, and in one attack 23 soldiers were killed and Perot himself was captured. Having been ransomed, Perot finally returned to France, only to be hired, near forcibly, by a newly elected Emperor Duveau. Perot himself believed he was cursed; Duveau wanted the cursed man working for him.

The second man was Augustin Villaume. Villaume was the son of nobility; as the definition of a “fat cat,” Villaume was large and fat, with a beard that covered most of his face. Villaume worked for Senators for ten years before finding himself employed by the President of the Senate, Rodolph Bichon. Villaume assisted Duveau in his betrayal of the Senate President when Bichon tried to take the Emperorship, and ever since had been a close and valued member of Duveau’s team.

The third man was Remi Gandon. A tall man, he was young, handsome, and dark in color, his parents were natives of Mali. Remi was born as a slave, working in Jamaica. He was released when slavery was made illegal when he was eight, in 1832. Remi was recruited as a pirate, and continued to be a privateer working for the Fench. With enough cash, he moved to New York in the USA. Seeing the poverty in New York, he found himself a ship back to France, where he began working as a janitor. For three years, he washed the floors of the Senate building in France. That is where Duveau found him, and began paying him to spy on other Senators. When Duveau discovered Remi’s past, he hired the man as a consultant.

The final man was General Sylvestre Travert. General Travert was the oldest man in the room, having been a General for 28 years. His current position as Martial Advisor to the Emperor was only the final step in his career. He began as a soldier fighting against revolutionaries, and then for revolutionaries during the revolutions in the 1700s. He rose to the rank of an officer, and was sent to French Algeria where he fought revolutionaries once again. Working his way through the Ranks, he became a General at the age of 45. He became main General in the expansion of French colonies in Africa, as well as the General who oversaw the Second French Protectorate of India. After this, he returned to France, where he acted as an adviser to Duveau’s predecessor, and now to Duveau himself.

These were the men Duveau had gathered to run the French Empire. Now, as had happened before, Duveau had put them all in a room to discuss matters of great importance.

“Here we are again,” Duveau began, as each of his four advisers eyes darted back to him. “Gentlemen, the Empire is at a crossroads now, as you may know. France will either become the one indispensable nation, or we shall fall into the savagery of mediocrity.” The Emperor took a breath. “Our biggest issue now is the Senate; as you know, we have lost many of our supporters.”

“Yes,” Augustin began. “Without the Senate, our entire domestic agenda is compromised. We must find a way to bring the Senate back to our side. I have an idea, if you’ll permit me,” he turned to the Emperor who nodded. “Senate President Michaud is unlikely to give us any support, but Evrard might.”

“Francois Evrard?” Remi asked. “Why him?”

“Senator Evrard has a coalition of ten to fifteen senators that he could sway; with these, we’d have enough to end any Senatorial attacks on our administration.”

“And how exactly do we get Senator Evrard under our thumb?” Remi responded.

“Campaign donations,” Augustin responded.

“We don’t have that kind of money,” Duveau responded. “I’m using the entirety of our funds to support our next campaign.”

“Well, I’ve got enough… personal wealth. We can offer him a few thousand franks, and hope that can persuade him.”

“Very well, Augustin. Do it… and thank you..”

The Musical States of Mikuland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Musical States of Mikuland » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Palace of the Sun,New Aztlan,The Empire of Azteca

Emperor Montezuma III walked across the large garden in the center of the palace admiring the beauty of both native and exotic flora. This isn't the time to gaze at plants Montezuma reminded himself Atl requested my audience here now where is he? That answer was soon answered as Atl revealed himself behind a few bushes

Atl was Montezuma's adviser along with his father's adviser before his passing. Atl was a thin man with light tan colored skin that has been made wrinkled with age. Soon he opened his mouth and spoke in a grizzly voice.

"My lord I am glad you came as there are a few things I wish to discuss but please walk with me"

As they began to walk out of the garden and into the wide halls Atl spoke again.

"Why I requested your audience is because I wish to speak to you about the situation in Colombia"

Montezuma turned his to Atl "Is it still going smoothly as it was?"

Atl shook his head "Sadly no, the tribes in Lower Colombia are putting up heavy resistance" Atl sighed "So much that it stopped expansion altogether"

Montezuma grind his teeth together in frustration. The Colombian tribes were still primitive so it was expected to be an easy conquest "What of the already annexed provinces?" Montezuma asked "Are they showing any signs of rebellion?"

"No my lord they have been quiet besides a few unorganized rebels"

"Hmmm" Montezuma stroked his chin "Do we need draw forces from the militias there"

"Actually my lord I have a better idea" Atl stated "From reports in France if we could arrange a trade agreement with them and have them sell us their weaponry we may be able to push in with the force we have their right now"

Montezuma thought of this for a moment "Very well I will send a message to the Frankish Emperor asking if they could sell us their arms in exchange for some of our luxury goods" Montezuma began to walk towards his office

"One more thing my lord"

Montezuma turned around "Yes?"

"The Divine Speaker wanted me to tell you he's getting worried of that monotheistic cult that is growing in the Maya lands"

"The Cult of Ahau?"

"Yes"

Montezuma turned back to his office "Tell him they have not done actions against the state and their is nothing to be done about it"

"Yes my lord" Atl said as he began to leave

A few moments later Montezuma had completed his message to the Emperor of France

Peace be with you Emperor. The Empire of Azteca would like to make a trade agreement with you, In exchange for your weaponry we will give you our luxury goods

"Finished" Montezuma spoke softly and then turned towards the man who is to give this letter to The French Emperor "Go take a ship to France and give this to their emperor" and with that the man was off.

(How was that?)
Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind...
But fuck it! We'll be bats!
-BaRen

Bering
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bering » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Frankfurt, Karlsland,
Holy Roman Empire

Kaiser Otto V once more found himself gazing at the city infront of him. The town had grown considerably during the industrialization that he and his father had ushered in. Frankfurt had once been a large town, but now it was truly a city with hundreds of thousands of people calling it home. He moved away from the balcony and nodded to his royal guard. They followed him as he took his usual walk around his home. He usually spent this time reflecting on the state of the Empire and Europe in general. His advisers were pushing for a war in Italy. Some wanted to return the Empire to the height of its power, others wanted a show of force to remind the rest of Europe that the Empire was still the strongest nation on the planet. Perhaps the ones clamoring for war the most were the Italians. many of his Italian holdings retained their orientation toward trade. Genoa and Venice were both tired of all the issues that the Italian states were giving them and wanted to either bring them into the Empire so that they would be on equal footing or crushed to rid themselves of competition. He would look into it later on, but it looked like war would be inevitable, especially if one of them gave into the pressure and his troops be "attacked" by the forces of one of the states. But Italy was a headache he would deal with at a later date.

He continued walking, he would get to work when he reached his study. Next was his other neighbors, a motley bunch. France, eager to become the strongest nation. Scandinavia, still vengeful over the loss of Finland. Russia, large, but without industry, perhaps a deal could be worked out between the two of us? and Romania, the empire's sometimes friend, sometimes foe depending on how the east was at the moment. Other issues could wait at the moment, the first thing that had to be done was to secure the borders of the Empire.

Otto found himself at the door to his study, the guards on duty saluted and one opened the door for him. He nodded a thanks and entered. He sat down at his desk and thought. France should be easy enough, they wanted to become the greatest nation in the world, Otto was fine giving it to them, he did not care for what others thought of his nation, just that it was stable and powerful in its own right. he was sure France knew that a war between them would be disastrous with many dead on both sides. Russia and Scandinavia had a few disputes with the Empire, but nothing truly outstanding that needed to be settled. For now he would trust that Romania was a friend.

To the honorable Lucien Duveau, Emperor of France

Emperor Duveau, I understand that our nations have had disputes in the past, but I propose that we look past that in favor of seeking tomorrow. We are both mighty nations and neighbor one another, thus the risk of war between us is great and the consequences of which could be disastrous. Therefore I propose a non-aggression pact between our nations so that we may both be assured that our massive border will be safe without having to look over our shoulders for fear of an attack. If you would be so interested, I am open to other potential alliances between our nations.

Sincerely,
Otto V Karling, Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire

To the honorable Felix Kjellberg, King of Scandinavia

King Felix, our nations are not exactly foes, so this message might come as a shock to you, but I have found in my long rule that caution and preparation are what win the day. I propose a non-aggression pact between my Empire and your United Kingdom so that both our land and sea borders may be at least somewhat safer. If I may be a tad presumptuous, I would also be willing to extend other alliances between our nations so that we may both benefit from it.

Sincerely,

To the honorable Iakov Stillok, Tsar of Muscovia

Tsar Iakov, we both know our nations have not had the greatest history with one another, nor have we had the worst. We are both already mighty and I would assume that you, like me do not desire more land at great cost. I assume that you wish to improve your internal issues before returning to foreign matters. Therefore I propose a non-aggression pact between our nations so that we may both purse less potentially dangerous matters and a war between us would only set both of us back. I thus propose a non-aggression pact between our nations so that we may both focus on more pressing matters. I would further extend a hand to offer other potential alliances between us so that we may both grow in power.

Sincerely,
Last edited by Bering on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Musical States of Mikuland » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:21 pm

New Aztlan, Empire of Azteca

Montezuma gazed at a large map of the Colombia. As it was now it was divided by the Aztecan Empire and various tribes who have allied themselves in order to fend off the Aztecs. "They know the land better so that gives them a large advantage' Montezuma thought "that and our equipment is less useful in the terrain. I guess we'll just have to wait for France's response." Montezuma decided to put off Colombia for a while "now for the next order of business." Montezuma returned to his office and began to write a message. In the end it was this

Greetings to Kaiser Otto V. The Aztecan Empire wishes to enter a trade agreement with the HRE trading our luxury goods for your finished goods.

Montezuma gave the letter to a frail man who was supposed to deliver it "Remember once you get off the docks go to the capital as fast as you can"

And with that the man was off.
-BaRen

Dires
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:55 pm

大秦帝國 The Great Qin Empire

“To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
-孫武

The Forbidden City, Beijing, The Qin Empire

A stately and tall Chinese noble strode through the great marble corridors of the Forbidden City, built during the Ming Dynasty as a sign of Chinese suzerainty over Asia, once again housing a Dynasty of the Han people. The city around it was beautiful and elegant as the Heavens upon which the Immortals lived, yet no complex matched the sheer majesty of the new emperor's seat of power. The man, clad in simple black silk robes and an elegant black beard entered the great throne room where the Emperor along with the 200 Heavenly Voices representing the people's hearts, made decisions that would shake the world to its core. The noble marched purposefully through the great chamber doors, through the crowd of politicians who parted before him and sat upon the Jade Throne, for he was the Son of Heaven, the Lord of 10,000 Years, The Heilong Emperor!

The Emperor began to speak

"Empires have fallen, Entire Ideologies have risen up and threatened to swallow the world, but the Middle Kingdom continues to exist. My father, expelled and subdued our once hated Manchu overlords, and in their place, rebuilt a truly Chinese society. Yet we have learned much from the northern barbarians- the strength found in plurality, in exploration and expansion, and in the ability to accept change as a powerful tool. I will not fail him by letting our ancient civilization stagnate! Even now, a blade hangs over our heads, for the barbarous and bearded Rus look hungrily towards our Celestial Empire. Therefore, we shall find strength from without, and learn to bring it within."

The applause was as deafening as it was sincere, many courtiers crying "Long Live the Emperor!"

To the United States of America

Imperial Missive
To: The United States of America

In studying the history of your young empire, The Son of Heaven has internalized a lesson: that change is inevitable and only by embracing it is immortality won. America is a young women, in the prime of her youth, with the great strength within her to shape the future of the world. Qin in comparison is the sage elder who has lived and watched allies and enemies alike perish in the great fires of history. Just as the young protects elderly and elderly nurtures the young, should the relationship between America and Qin. Therefore, The Son of Heaven extends two batons of friendship to the American people, one of gold and one of steel.

By The Will and Dictation of the Son of Heaven, Lord of 10,000 Years, The Heilong Emperor
By the Hand of Imperial Minister Kou

To The Holy Roman Empire

Imperial Missive
To: The Holy Roman Empire

The Heilong Emperor welcomes his fellow monarchs with outstretched arms and great warmth in his heart. It touches him to see an equivalent locus of power in the West, analogous to himself. Emperors both East and West. In his youth, he had visited this great Western empire and found himself quite impressed. He also notes that the Western empire is rich in all but resources and fuel to maintain such a glorious blaze. The Son of Heaven also greatly desires to bring western-born ideas and methods back to his empire, ideas economic, productive, and martial. He has also noted that they also share a dangerous threat, the rabid bear on both their borders, one that is in need of close guard. Thus, the people of Qin would be happy and eager to open up trade relations and exchange treaties of alliances with the Double-Headed Eagle.

By The Will and Dictation of the Son of Heaven, Lord of 10,000 Years, The Heilong Emperor
By the Hand of Imperial Minister Zhang
Last edited by Dires on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Role-Plays:

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/400019/

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Paris, France

Slam. The door slammed shut behind Emperor Duveau. In the room sat his four advisers, as usual. The Emperor sighed loudly, before crashing down on a nearby couch. He was tired; he had been up until late the night before speaking with several Senators, trying to gather support for his budget. He had not been successful.

“Well, what have we got?” The Emperor asked. He looked towards Remi, but it was Augustin that spoke first.

“I have made the transaction with Senator Evrard. We shall have his support for the coming year. Maybe he can even save our budget.”

“Wonderful,” Duveau let out a sigh. The room sat in silence for a moment before the Emperor looked back up. “What else?”

General Sylvestre spoke: “We have received a request from the Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire. He asks us for a non-aggression pact.”

“Well of course he does,” Lord Perot responded. “France is becoming the most powerful nation in the world, the Germans’ Empire is fading. In a matter of years, France shall overt-”

“Let us agree to the Kaiser’s terms,” the Emperor cut in.

“But… why?” Perot responded.

“It is in our interest for the time being that Europe remain… at peace. As you say, France is quickly becoming the most powerful nation in the world. Only a war could upset that balance.”

“Very well,” Perot turned around.

“Sir, we have other news,” General Sylvestre continued. “The Aztecs have asked to buy weapons for us, in exchange for their goods. I suggest we take them up on their offer. It would buy us important influence in the region.”

“Yes,” Duveau replied. “But we should do more than that.”

“Like what?” Augustin questioned.

“There are three areas in the world up for control, that the world empires fight over; Southeast Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean. If we can control all three of these markets, France will be the indispensable nation. The Caribbean, as it is now, is not conducive to French trade, and control. But with the help of the Aztecs, the treasures of the New World could be monopolized.” General Sylvestre nodded as the Emperor spoke. “Remi, I need to send you to Azteca; prepare to leave in the morning. I will send a letter ahead. I need you to discuss terms of an alliance, and while you’re there, I have another thing for you to do…”

To Emperor Montezuma III
From Emperor Duveau of France

Gracious Emperor,

We accept your terms for trade between our two nations, and are anxious to enjoy good relations with Azteca. We would like to speak more specifically about bettering Aztecan-Franco relations, and other possible agreements of great importance. I have sent an ambassador to be greeted in New Aztlan; he should arrive shortly. I hope that we will have productive talks, and good relations for another century.

Signed, Emperor Duveau of France

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:02 pm

Anchorage, Russian owned Alaska
A small force of 10,000 Militia and 4,000 men stand in the small town of Anchorage. They were prepared to face the oncoming Russian Slought
"They have Mortars and a few 12 Pounders, Ser."-Colonel of the Army Isaak
"Who cares? We have a force of 40,000 men with a force of 200 Cavalry. And some Frigates are coming in to fire on Anchorage. Everything is alright Colonel"-Marshal Isakovich
"Da, Ser..."-C-o-t-A Isaak
But the Russians misinterpreted the Russian Scouts. There were another 40,000 men in the city of 100,000.
*Bay of Anchorage*
"PREPARE CANNONS! FIRE!"-Commodore
"FIRING!"-Seaman.
3 Frigates fires and it hits the city full force. Many of the Rebel force died. A total of 45,000 Civilians died. And many more Rebels were demoralized.
"SHIT SHIT! THE RUSSIANS ARE FLANKING! TURN THE CANNONS!"-Rebel Commander
The Cannons turned (A total of 21 12 Pounder Howziters, Link to image http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ctment.jpg)
The Cannons fired nearly sinking one ship and injuring others. With the Ships cannon reloaded, only half of the original fire hit the city
"FIRE!"-Commodore.
Soon the whole city was set ablaze. Many of the rebels have tooken shelter in the snow around the City preparing to attack the upcoming Russian Forces. (Alaskan Rebels-Image)
Only 10,000 (7,500 Militia, 2,500 Infntry Rebel Forces that haven't surrendered remained fighting.
"PREPARE MARCH! MARCH 100 PACES!"-Line Officer
As the lines marched, the Rebels popped out of the snow fired. The Russians kept falling and dying. Soon the Lines have reached the 10,000 rebels and fired, killing 3,400 of the Militia and 1,000 Infantry. Most of the Militia surrendered after it and the line infantry retreated being killed soon after by a barrage of bullets. Soon after, the losses were counted and over 75% of anchorage Population died (Approximately 75,000 including rebels and civies) and a total of 25,000 Russian deaths.
Moscow, Russia
"Colonel Isaak, you have been promoted for your commanding and strategic placement of men. You are now General. But due to the still counting deaths of civillians, you must go under trial and possible jail time of 15 years."-Tsar council.
"Understood Ser."-General Isaak
"Good. You are dismissed to a cell until a week for your Jury."-Tsar Ministry
The newly promoted General was hauled off to a cell for his imprisonment until his trial.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Musical States of Mikuland » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:15 pm

New Aztlan, The Empire of Azteca

Emperor Montezuma III continued to reread the reply the Frankish Emperor sent and slowly a smile creeped onto his face. "Well good news Atl it seems the French have accepted our proposal" he said "that and they wish to continue diplomacy so their sending an ambassador here. Soon we will be able to conquer all of Colombia!"

"That is good to hear my lord" Atl said with little emotion "is this why you requested me to be in your office?"

"Not entirely, I also wanted to talk about what happens after Colombia"

Atl was confused "after my lord? The rest of the continent is owned by the great powers"

Montezuma's smile grew wider at this "which is why we need to got beyond it"

"My lord surely you don't mea-"

"I do" Montezuma quickly cut him off and unrolled a map of the world "See this continent?" Montezuma pointed to Africa

"Y..Yes my lord"

"From traveling merchants they all say this land is filled with wealth. Atl I think it's time we particpated in the colonial game"

"My lord this is an idiotic idea how would we be able to get to Africa in the first place? Plus this would damage our relations with the other powers. I advise against it"

"Our ships may be less advance but they can cross the ocean and the other colonial powers will most likely be focused on one another"

After a few moments of intense staring Atl, oddly enough, laughed "You surely are your father's son! Very well it seems I can't convince you so where do you plan to settle a colony?"

Montezuma pointed to a sliver of coastal land in West Africa "they call this the Ivory Coast" Montezuma stated "It would be a good start"

Atl smiled at Montezuma "Very well but first let's deal with Colombia first shall we?"
-BaRen

Dires
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dires » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:44 pm

“To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
-孫武

The Forbidden City, Beijing, The Qin Empire

After his speech the Emperor had retired to his private quarters to discuss matters with his advisers, the Celestial Council

The room in which such meetings of state were usually held in was held in private opinion, ludicrously large, but the previous Emperor had always proclaimed "Big rooms for big decisions!" He had been relatively uncouth and could be brash, having been born a relatively low noble in the province of Shaanxi. But it was this rough edge that often endeared him to those around him, transforming such people into his dearest allies. Two of these old allies still held positions on the Council, Bao Zhengyi, the elderly head of the Imperial Courts, a wise and sagacious man, often found pondering over ancient rulings by long dead emperors; and Jian Yuansu, the highest ranked general in Qin Imperial Military, a man very much like the Bailong Emperor: big, loud, and cunning as a fox. The other two branch chiefs were much younger and in their 20's and 30's and all had been close companions of the current Heilong Emperor in his youth. Bookish, Shu Huizhong, held possibly the most important position on the council; the Chancellor of State, which ran the empire's massive bureaucracy, all the way down to the village level. It was they who implemented the Emperor's Heavenly Law, collected taxes, and collected and distributed necessary education and knowledge to the citizenry. It was, after all, a requirement to be a scholar of some sort to be one of Huizhong's men. The now immensely powerful scholar had been the Emperor's study companion in his youth and eventually his tutor, especially in matters of of right action. Some called Huizhong the Emperor's Heart, which would make the last adviser, Sun Ziyi, head of the secretive Jade Hands, the Emperor's Dagger. It was he after all who on the orders of the Heilong Emperor, exterminated a group of high-ranking officials planning a military coup before the current Son of Heaven's coronation. Besides that, as the Emperor's closest friend and former bodyguard, Ziyi delivered his personal messages as well as those of state and also served as his eyes and ears throughout the empire and the greater world. Ziyi's men could be found in every provincial government, every crime syndicate, and in every major country (though he often joked there was little difference between the second and the third). Had his loyalty been somewhere other than to Heilong his entire life, he would prove to be the greatest danger to the empire.

With his eminent and noble council assembled before him, the Heilong Emperor let a smile appear on his face, he was not loud like his father, but appeared to be of nobler birth and upbringing, as he had been raised a crown prince. His true mettle, however, had been tested in his youthful travels as a mercenary around his future empire as well as his travels to foreign nations.

"Lords! Ziyi's reports have made one thing very clear to me. The Europeans, having bored of the New World of Fusang to the Utter East, will one day not too far from this one, seek total influence and eventually, even land in the great Yazhou continent. We must first obtain their new power, and then secondly, expand our own to all of the civilized nations surrounding ourselves in East, as the Europeans call it, "Asia." But there is no reason to wait to start on these initiatives. Already we have sent word to foreign powers, offering access to our vast markets in exchange for training and technology. While we wait, we shall focus courting our Southern and Eastern brethren, the Kingdoms of Aiyuda (Siam) and Dongying (Japan) to bring them under our sway either through honey or vinegar. Ziyi, prepare my court, I"ll be first visiting Aiyuda, perhaps we can get them to agree to their inevitable vassalage. Meanwhile, I want Yuansu to begin building up our navy and troops along the coast by Dongying. I have a feeling that we will have to conquer them through force. Perhaps we can bring one of their war lords under our control first, perhaps the Shimazu, and gain control of Kyushu as an invasion point. Ah, to think, what if the archipelago had united, now that would have been an actual challenger to our military dominance. In any case, Zhengyi and Huizhong, shall keep the empire on an even course while I am gone, I expect close correspondence."

And with that, his council bowed deeply and hurried to carry out their assigned duties. The Emperor stared out one of the large marble arched windows, his eyes aglow with anticipation of his empire's future glory.
Last edited by Dires on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Role-Plays:

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/400019/

Bering
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bering » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Frankfurt, Karlsland
Holy Roman Empire

Otto once again sat at his desk, he was reading through his mail, more and more badgering from nobles about some issue or another. He personally did not care for it, but in his experience he knew giving them more power would cause the crown more problems in the end. He was happy that France had accepted that non-aggression pact. They could not violate this agreement without completely ruining themselves in the eyes of Europe. So for now his western border was secure. He was not surprised to see that they had not requested any sort of additional alliances. That would have been a boost to the empires, but the other two letters were more than able to make up for it. The Chinese and Aztec letters had come as a pleasant surprise to him. He understood that both nations had many resources, something that his own nation lacked, but they lacked what his nation had in abundance, industry and its byproducts. The Aztecs offer was very enticing and Otto had been quick to accept it. The chinese letter was even better, China was a vast land with a population to match. A market that large would be a massive boon his domain, especially if he could get favorable terms for German trade over other European nations.

His Foreign Affairs Minister sat across from him. Karl zu Schwarzenberg was a veteran diplomat and experienced in the ins and outs of foreign affairs. He was the one who brought the letters to him in the first place and along with the Prime Minister, one of the men Otto relied on the most. He handed the man the letters. Otto prefered to personally write his letters, it helped him relax and ensured that no mistakes would be made. The minister read them over quickly and then nodded to the Kaiser, "I have no problems with them my lord." he said.

"Very well. Send them out." Otto replied. The other man inclined his head before he stood and up left.

Honorable Montezuma III, Emperor of Azteca

We of the Holy Roman Empire would be delighted to accept this agreement. I hope that it will bring our nation's closer together and allow us to form a lasting bond so that we may both prosper.

Sincerely,

To the honorable Emperor of China and his government,

Yes, an agreement between the Roman Eagle and Chinese Dragon would be a grand idea. The first agreement between Rome and China benefited both nations and I am sure that this attempt will be no different. Your offer is very enticing, but somewhat vague. I propose that our best diplomats meet to discuss the specifics of such an agreement and how we should go about to achieve it. I do not particularly care whether this happens in your nation or mine. I am confident that this meeting would allow both of us to get the most out of this deal.

Sincerely,

Halleon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Halleon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Noble Republic of Tuscany
Grand Duke Ferdinando I de' Medici

The smile that appeared on the face of Grand Duke Ferdinando seemed almost fatherly as his gaze turned towards his older uncle to address the repeated comments the man was becoming known to make more commonly in the attention of the public. Every man and woman gathered in the chamber instantly ended their various conversations as their attention were turned towards the Grand Duke, awaiting his response for the recent request of the Council and more importantly the People. Gesturing with his hands towards the map that laid upon the marble walls of the Council Chamber the Grand Duke began to speak.

"Many among the Nobility that form the Noble Council have requested that I, Ferdinando I de' Medici, accept the popular demands of the people by accepting the Crown that they are offering me. Time and time again, I have refused the offers to accept the Crown and rule Tuscany as its rightful King for reasons that shall once more be repeated much to the dismay of my beloved uncle. God has given me the Divine Mandate that Italy shall be united underneath One King and One God. Tirelessly shall this Divine Mandate be pursued, the day that I am crowned is the day that the Italian Kingdom shall be formed."

None disagreed with the views of the Grand Duke and then Cosimo III spoke to his young nephew,"The stress that the Council is gaining from the common people grow daily, the common people lack the means to express their love towards their Grand Duke. The Medici Economic and Social programs have been a great success however these programs are drawing people from nearby Italian States to our lands."

"Such enlightenment that the programs that I have enacted are being more successful then what was originally intended, the Republic of Tuscany shall be the envy of Italy and eventually the envy of the World. We shall care for every Italian both within and without our lands, earning their love and support is worth more then coin." Stopping for a moment to take a sip of wine the Grand Duke continued,"Economic concerns have been brought to my attention it would seem that the City State of San Marino has once again found itself near bankruptcy and has turned their pleas towards our Bank."

Standing as he continued to speak,"Previous agreements with San Marino have had their own fruitful moments however, I believe it would be best if such agreements were avoided for this situation. Some of the nobles in San Marino have lent their voices that they would rather join our Republic then hold their own annual elections for they have failed to appease the mobs that have formed outside their homes."

"With a few days the people of San Marino shall be welcoming me to their City, preparations shall be made for this journey to take place. Appearances shall mean everything and the Church has granted me their blessing to relieve the suffering of the common man,"and with a charming smile the words were spoken as Grand Duke Ferdinando returned his gaze to the map that showed his future Kingdom.
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. -James Joyce

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”-Abraham Lincoln
"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."
―Varys to Tyrion Lannister

Elam-Kurdistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elam-Kurdistan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:33 am

Federal Republic of Britannia

President Edward Russel stood over a map of the world, beside him stood General Edwin Marshal and Admiral Charles Baker, commanders of the army and navy respectively. Britannia had the greatest manufacturing sector in the world and the best railways. It also had the largest and best navy, however Britannia was no longer the worlds superpower, during the revolution of 1820 and the civil war of 1820-24 many colonies had declared independence including Australia and New Zealand and Britannia had lost its to stop to the French of all people, however Edward was determined to get it back. Britannia was still powerful with most of India in its grasp and colonies in Canada, Peru, Africa and the Philippines. These would be a great start in the rebuilding of empire.

Edward pointed at the map "India gentlemen is the key to greatness. India has jewels, silks, spices people, we must have India, and Africa as well, we may not be able to take out the French yet on our own but, Castile is weak and will fall easily, Castile controls Bengal with fertile fields and much trade, if we control Bengal and the Ganges as well as central India, we will be the lords of the east." he paused "This will take time to put in to place but thanks to our nationalized industry we have the edge, we can snap our fingers and have fleet ready in months, not that we need another fleet. We can also create hundreds of cannon and rifles in a day, this gives us a massive advantage over all other powers, if we lose a ship, we can create 3 more in a moment. This will enable us to knock out Castile in a very short time period. However Castile is just the first layer. France is the next, once we have beaten Castile and taken India and Burma we will use our force against France, simultaneously we will strike at French Canada and India, dividing the French colonies, we will also use our navy to put a blockade on France, stopping French troops from entering or leaving. To make this happen, we must do two things, step up industrial production even more and we must create alliances on the continent. I will message our old ally Portugal and I hope a new ally in the Holy Roman Empire. We will isolate France and Castile and leave the world ready for the taking.”

To Most Nobel Otto V

Our to great nations are some of the most powerful in the world and we have long been friends from Tudor times to Louis XIV but together we could do even greater things, together, Britannia and the Holy Roman Empire could control the world.

However one thing stand in our way, France. I understand you have allied yourself with France but I wish you to change your alliance to Britain. France seems powerful and almighty but I assure you at one push it will fall, if Britannia and HRE enter an alliance we will be able to crush France and take their colonies. I offer you a deal. HRE joins Britannia in a complete military alliance and I offer you, British advisers to create a strong Imperial navy and British experts to help you expand your railways and factories. Most importantly, I offer you Africa. Imagine the Holy Roman Empire not only ruling Germany and large areas of France but also all of northern Africa, imagine the imperial banner flying over Timbuktu and Algiers. Imagine the holy Roman Empire and Britannia ruling the world.

If you accept this you will not have to imagine, I guarantee that if you accept this alliance this will all come true. If you do not France will build up its military and mark my words, when you have no other allies capable of beating France they will strike Germany and make part of a second Napoleonic Empire and we all know what happened last time.

President Edward Russel
Last edited by Elam-Kurdistan on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 30/8/2014
The Crimes of America: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 8437,d.d2s

I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.
Che Guevara

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:18 am

Parlement, Eautheron, Australie
1st March 1850

The Parliament House of Australia, home to the most powerful, illustrious, well-known and politically minded men in Australia, or at least home to their workings, had been finally finished. Forever, this date would be engraved on the brass plaque, proudly attached to the right side of the large redgum doors, proclaiming the date that a ribbon was snipped and the building was opened for usage by the leaders of the nation. These doors would no doubt see hundreds of politicians go in and out of them, grasping their handles, pushing their edges, wearing them down slowly. But it was an honourable duty. These politicians were, if the public mind was to be believed, some of the most talented, skilled, popular people to ever exist in the country. These were people voted in to serve and govern the people of Australia, and as talented as the carpenters and joiners who created the door must have been, what they would do would never be as significant to all people in every way as what the legislators, ministers, bureaucrats, even presidents, would do, as they came through this passage, in and out of the centre of Australian government.

The doors were by no means the most important features, nor the most tastefully designed and manufactured, however. The wealth of the Gold Rush had brought the ability for the architects to be extravagant, creative and unreserved in their planning of the building, and they had taken full advantage of it. Like wings, the building stretched out on both sides; reaching with majesty and power on both sides from the central feature, the above mentioned doors featured with a portico, stairs and other embellishments about. On the sides, small flowering hedges stretched out to line the bottoms of creamy projections from the building. At both the top and bottom, the house jutted out, the central section reserved for glass windows; squares set into black-brown lining, forming rectangular receptacles for light all along, all spaced but metres apart. And the roof, sitting on top of the three-storey structure, windows separated from each others' storeys by surreptitious brickwork, looked a treat; a regal bluish-grey, gently sloping slate, formed in an almost metallic-plate style, something that would never have been seen in Europe. The surface gleamed with lustre, crowning the structure's glory, and almost bristling where it met the corbels holding up chimerae, their abstract yet curved shapes defending the building.

The entire thing, from aprons to ashlars, screamed - nay, boomed authority, projecting its presence over the small expanses of gardens that surrounded it and shielded it from the common, vulgar roads that demarcated its own city block. Domes, not immediately notable but eventually recognisable to be the highest, most distinguished points of the entire structure sat atop the front and back, and the courtyard that covered all the distance between the two and no more was well-decorated too; it was hard to make plants seem officious, but the gardeners had managed to do it. The district had watched its namesake, pet project, local landmark and capital building grow for years, and now, as every touch down to the arrangement and symbolism of flowers in obscure alcoves' was carefully managed, it seemed that the opening would be a blaze of glory; a show of the prosperity of the nation, of the artistic capability and authority of the government, but at the same time designed not for the aristocracy, but setting new trends, defining new styles; a grace and simplicity reserved for the triumph of the common man's ability.

And, as it was, such a description was not far off, if at all. The realisation of dreams, in some ways, and the work of thousands culminated as the ribbon was cut in half, silken red folds fluttering to the ground. This beige masterpiece's doors, brass knockers a-pair hanging useless with the wooden masses pushed firmly open, would be seen, marvelled and enjoyed for the first time. Though politics was often not glamorous, today, it would be. This building was Australia, and Australia was in it.

The floodgates opened, and the politicians inspecting their new workplace flooded in amidst a crowd of onlookers and spectators, mixed with journalists, guests and other worthies. But Australians all were, and in that they united. Eyes wandered and the empty rooms filled with life and activity, with the buzz of business and life in Australia, with spirits lifted and tongues chattering and the breaths of thousands, mixing into one air.

Tomorrow, it would be business as usual here, or as close to it as it got when so much moving and adjustment to new surroundings needed to be done. But today, today was a day of fun, magic, fashion, frolick and joy in this house of government.

Eridanus 3
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eridanus 3 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:46 am

It was the dawn of a new era. The world was, for a time, at peace. A Native resurgence popped up in the wilds of South America, threatening to destabilize the formerly Spanish assets held there. It would be wise to seek investment opportunities in that region, but was it the right choice? American supplies were in high demand throughout the world, and Europe had key markets. Asserting themselves with trade partners in the region would also be wise. However, Anne needed to be sure what all was truly going to occur. Should she have her advisers make poor investments, the Spanish would come up with further increased supplies, and the Castilian bastards would secure their holdings in the Pacific. Such a thing could not be allowed. It would be beneficial to create a monopoly of exports in China. Securing a lease to either Hong Kong or Dalian would surely do the trick... Either way America would prosper; it would be prudent for others to exploit her success in the ways of military alliances. However, these alliances could be secured in more... Holy, noble, and lustful ways. The Queen was quite young still, and a royal marriage might be in line for yet another of the German Nobility, unless an unusually suave Frenchman would pull her off her feet...

A few personal notes were filed, along with one the was particularly of interest, a letter to the HRE...
His Royal Majesty, Otto the V
Peace be upon you, and all of your offspring, in all your endeavors, and may the peace of God and his merciful understanding be with you, his child, forever and ever, until the moment he calls you, like all of our human race, to our noble duty in his own Kingdom upon high. Our world is so small, is it not? I do believe you were among those present at the funeral of your gracious in-law, and my mother. It is a pain in my now longing heart that she died as a result of an act of love, bestowed upon her by her lover with great passion and joy. Alas, thus should be plain to you, as I write to you now. I am longing for personal company, and would find it most exciting, and quite pleasurable, if I might come over to your home in Frankfurt. It would also allow us to discuss certain... Events, along with their repercussions, in private.

These events are not all unknown to a man of your regal birth and just, blessed, and lauded standing. Surely you have already made talks with the French, trying to clam their lust for power and Europe's treasures. To think the French persons would be easily catered to, I know to never dare dream! The French swine do, in their own house, beat with lustful heart and unified spirit, threatening to usurp your throne, and thus pose a threat to me, my line, and the Houses of both yours and mine, Stuart and Karling. To unify against them is not only for our own personal benifit, but the benefit of thousands. I so desperatly wish to meet you in person once again...

With all love and affection,
Queen Mary Stuart-Karling the Third

Last edited by John Shepard Tuesday, December 7, 2185, edited 2 times

This message brought to you by Eri.

Elam-Kurdistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Elam-Kurdistan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:18 am

House of Commons, London, Federal Republic of Britannia

President Edward stood to speak "Honourable Gentlemen, at the start of the century Britain was the most powerful country in the world, however we are now behind the French of all people. We cannot let ourselves be left in the dust by the French, if we do not act, someday soon some Frenchman is going to invade our country and put a vile king back in Britannia. We must not let this happen unless you want to see everything with fought 4 years to achieve go to waste. That is why I ask you to vote for the rapid strengthening of Britannia. Three years conscription for all men aged 21, regardless of wealth and race, all men aged 24-38 who have previously been conscripted can be called by order of Parliament in case of national emergency and finally the doubling in size of the Republican Navy. If the bill passes I will also order all arms factorise to double production of rifles, bullets, cannon and bayonets.” After a long discussion and vote the house voted 56% in favour of the bill. Other items passed that day included the building of a railway from Toronto to Calgary.

Later that day a secure telegram was sent to Delhi, ordering the Army of India to prepare for war with Castile and troops to be moved in secret to the border with Spanish Bengal.

A second secure telegram was sent to Portugal

TOP SECRET
To Portugal

We have been close allies since the 1300's and now we are two of the most powerful countries in the world. Soon Britannia will declare war on Castile, I ask you now for assurance that Portugal will join the war on the side Britannia. If you agree Portugal will get control over Spanish Indonesia and large parts of Spanish America.

Edward Russel, President of the Federal Republic of Britannia

I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.
Che Guevara

Acroticus
Senator

Postby Acroticus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:31 am

Paris, France

…. People of the World, I now address you! Emperor Duveau stood at a podium, addressing a crowd of thousands of people. The British have begun conscription, a move that can only be considered an act of Aggression. In response, I call on the nations of the world to come together in condemnation of the British. It is important to maintain peace in Europe and peace in the world! The French people will not stand for British irritation! I hope that the rest of the world can see this as what it is; no less than an act of war! The crowd shouted loudly. Let us stand together with our allies, and ensure that this great peace continues into the future!

With that, the Emperor left the stage, returning to his office room, where his staff awaited. The all sat around the room in their normal spots, with the exception of Remi who had left for Azteca some time ago.

“Well?” Duveau asked his staff.

“The actions of the British are… troubling to say the least. Our alliances are not enough to stop the British from starting a war!” Augsustin responded.

“But, the British would not attack for no reason, right? I mean, if they were to invade without a cause, certainly we would have the support of the European community?” the Emperor asked.

“We are not sure,” General Sylvestre responded. “The rest of Europe may or may not support use over the British, even if the British act… aggressively.”

“Well, we must try…” Emperor Duveau said.

To All Nations of Europe (HRE, Muscovia, Romania, Judaea, Portugal, Spain, and Sweden Norway and Denmark)

I message you all for the sole purpose of preventing a massive war in Europe. I ask that each nation here take actions to deter a war with the British agitators. I ask for condemnation of Britain’s threatening actions, as well as a united front to prevent any further escalation.

Signed, Emperor Duveau

To Muscovia

Dear Leader,
I, Emperor of France, would like to invite and envoy of Muscovia to discuss a possible alliance with your great Empire. It is very important to maintain stability in Europe to allow for economic success. As such, France would be more than willing to provide infrastructure assistance for our allies in Muscovia as part of an agreement.

We hope you are well,
Emperor Duveau

To the Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire

Dear Kaiser,

France has been lucky in the past to call the Holy Roman Empire an ally, and I am writing you to ask that we might hold that title again. An expansion of our previous nonaggression pact would allow for a union that could ensure stability in Europe, and fight against extremism, and war. I ask that you consider terms on an alliance carefully, as the Empire of France could support German businesses with the raw materials necessary. I submit therefore that an economic and military pact be most beneficial for both our nations, and I ask for fair consideration of these terms.

signed,
Emperor Duveau

New Aztlan, Azteca

“Land Ho!” Remi was shaken awake. The long trip across the Atlantic had definitely affected him. He had made the trip before, of course, in worse conditions, but for whatever reason he did not feel well. Remi dressed himself and left his cabin. He looked out over the Convoy he had brought; four large war ships, the pride of the French navy. They pulled into dock nearby New Aztlan, and Remy himself took several steps forward. Refusing a guard to follow him, Remi put a piece of paper with Emperor Duveau’s seal in his pocket and stepped off the boat to great the Aztecans.

Elam-Kurdistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Elam-Kurdistan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:09 am

Edward stood on the balcony of the House of Parliament (notice not a plural as the house of lords was dissolved) "People of Britannia, the French have called us warmongers and aggressors. This is a vile lie by the mighty French tyrants to trick the people of Europe in to thinking we are somehow aggressors, we are merely trying to defend ourselves in the increasingly hostile environment. Why would we seek to harm Europe, when Europe was the foot stool of Louis XIV we did not stand by and let him wipe his boots stained with the blood of thousands on the people of Europe, we rallied to their defense, My grand father fought at Blenheim to free Europe from the French grasp. It is France who a the chief threat to European peace if we, the nations of Europe let down our guard, the lord hid emperor of France will strike. I call the people of Europe to stand guard against France because mark my words, if we do not monsieur Duveau will soon be eating his snails and cheese off tables in HRE, Moscow, London and Stockholm.

To HRE, Musociva, Portugal, Scandinavia

I warn you that the hate speeches given by the overlord, the second Louis XIV Duveau are nothing but vile propaganda, we must not turn our back on France, remember last time Louis XIV, the man who tried to crush us all. Remeber when he tried to creat one french empire encompassing Europe. Rember! This is what Duveau intendeds to recreate, we must stand firm! We all joined the fight against France once before, we must do it again.

Edward Russel

To HRE

To wise Otto V, I have asked you for an alliance and I stand by that but as you consider it I would also ask you to accept a humble trade agreement to enrich our countries, whether or not you accept the alliance I ask you to accept the trade agreement.

Edward Russel
Last edited by Elam-Kurdistan on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Che Guevara

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:13 am

Khan Alexander was intent on his work, slapping away at the canvas with a multitude of reckless paints. As the colors began to form into images upon the formerly blank canvas, Alexander, with great focus, made a few dabs here, a stroke there, and sprinkled a multitude of sparkling dust upon the drying paint. The result was a bizarre mixture of paints that resembled Christ having sex with a goat, and its was galling. Admiring his own distorted masterpiece, Alexander put it to rest on the grass, and pulled up another canvas, suddenly stricken by inspiration. His brown hair, and Asiatic features contrasted sharply with his European garb, and added to his exotic mien.

A finely dressed butler approached, bearing a single paper. Alexander turned towards him, displaying his art.

"Lin!" he beamed, "Isn't it magnificent?" Alexander beamed, proud in his unconventional, "contemporary" art.

"It's absolutely stunning," the butler lied, adjusting his collar. "But sir, there are more important issues at hand, such as-"

"Wait!" Alexander yelled, suddenly, suddenly stricken by another stroke of inspiration! "I shall paint Satan as an apple peddler, and It shall be wonderful!"

"Indeed sir, but I must tell you that-" The Butler was trying to keep his patience.

"What of it, Lin?" Alexander demanded, "Isn't it a magnificent idea?"

"Milord," Lin spoke slowl, losing his patience. "The British-have-implemented-conscription. This is significant. We have no time for your silly art pursuits"

"Oh." Alexander took a seat, slightly offended, and removed his beret from his head. Alexander had long admired the culture and the sophistication of French civilization, and sook to emulate French cultural development within his own autocratic Empire. "So, the Brits are going to train all their boys. So what?"

"Our German foes might use this as an opportunity to agitate against the French, milord," the Butler spoke, softly, "And if this is the case, we might very well find ourselves in another war. I need not remind your majesty that the disastrous conquests of your father have left our army severely crippled in many aspects."

"Oh...then, just get Francois on it," Alexander dismissed, "He was trained in Paris. He'll know the proper thing to do. I pay him for a reason, do I not? Get him to open a line with the French, and forge stronger ties."

The Butler just stood, collected but still very much irritated.

"Of course, milord." he bowed, and stepped away as his patron continued painting images of nude Jesus and other distasteful subjects.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:55 am

Presidential Palace, Lisbon

Prime Minister Jose look at the letters that had flooded his desk, in front of him sat his closest friend and ally, Francisco, minister of foreign affairs "Message from Britannia" said Francisco "Message from France" said Jose. The two read each letter carefully. Jose stamped the seal on a document and said "It seems Europe is taking sides again. We must choose the best route. I say, because the British have always helped us, we stand by them" Francisco rubbed his face "That would seem the wisest choice and I support an attack on Castile but if we agree to this we will probably get drawn in to conflict with France and that could be bad." he paused "However if we disregard our British allies Britannia will be cross and Portugal will seem to other like a country to avoid." Jose nodded while signing a paper "We must choose whats best for our people..." after a few seconds of silence Jose spoke "I say we agree to an anti-Castile alliance with the British but take it no further until we have sent diplomats to both countries to see their offers and threats." Francisco got up and looked at a world map, putting his hand over Castile. "I agree, I will organize it now"

To President Edward

I accept your offer of an anti-Castile alliance and I wish to send a diplomat to London to discuss further relations. Portugal and Britannia have long been friends, long may it last.

Prime Minister Jose

To Emperor Duveau

Portugal has long been friends with Britannia and we will not condemn them, I personally see why they are doing what they are doing. However I will be willing to send a diplomat to Paris to discuss possible changes in relations. I hope Europe stays at peace.

Prime Minister Jose

Later that day 2 Diplomats bordered 2 warships, one setting sail for London the other for Calais
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Volcomia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Volcomia » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:20 pm

King Charles IV sat in his study surveying his newly updated world map wondering what his next goal should be. He had already cleaned up the governments civil sectors and reworked the government model into a very effective governing body. He had crushed native rebellions in the Spanish colonies in South America. Some of his main concerns now involved foreign powers greed. The Portuguese, he knew, have been eyeing up Castilian lands across the world for years now and their Northern ally or should he say big brother, Britain shared their thoughts. Charles realized he needed allies but which ones? Should he stick with the Old World empires or should he maybe try to improve relations with some of the worlds newer, growing powers?

America
To: Queen Mary III of the American Empire
The Spanish Empire has come to acknowledge the fact that America is a growing world power and is therefore a more valuable ally than any in Europe. Due to this realization King Charles IV has decided to extend an offer of friendship and collaboration. If need be we can arrange for a formal meeting to take place where we can further discuss the details in person. America has a very bright future and Spain would be humbled if you were to allow us to help you reach that future.
Yours truly,
King Charles IV of the Spanish Empire

France
To: Emperor Deveau of the French Empire
During uncertain times like these when greed overwhelms peoples desires it is always welcome to have someone watching your back wouldn't you say? King Charles IV would like to purpose a mutual defensive pact with the French Empire in order to better secure both Empires interests in Europe and abroad. If needed we could arrange for more talks on this at later dates.
Yours truly,

Romania
To: Khan Alexander of the Romanian Empire
The Spanish Empire would like to extend a hand of friendship towards your empire in hopes of cultivating a good relationship. We realize your significant influence over land trade with Asia and feel that you have more to offer than other European powers might imagine. It is with this in mind that we the Spanish would like to enter into a alliance with you. Talks on this can be arranged as well and we look forward to working with your great nation.
Yours truly,

Australia
To: President Paul Daniel Dragée of the Australian Empire
The Spanish Empire has come to acknowledge that the Australian Empire will very quickly become the main power in the Pacific region and a notable player on the world stage and it is with this knowledge that King Charles IV has decided it would be in the best interest of the Spanish and of your own country to join together in an alliance that will help both countries grow and prosper and help defend each other's interest. Through this alliance we can also engage in talks over land claims in the Pacific region in order to keep both countries happy. We hope you will accept this offer and if needed we can arrange for more talks on this matter.
Yours truly,

With all that out of the way the King summoned his top military advisors and began working on plans to increase the size of the Spanish navy and also begin work on plans for an African colony.
Last edited by Volcomia on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Emergency Annoucment

Postby Elepis » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:16 pm

With tension in Europe rising and a second seven years war seemingly about to break out, the Parliament of Portugal, along with the military have forced the Prime Minister to declare allegiance for Britannia. The diplomat to France has been recalled and all telegrams to France suspended, parliament have also passed a bill increasing the size of the navy by two fold and introducing national conscription. This is in the light of rising tension with France and Castile and is purely defensive.

Prime Minister Jose made a short speech today "Portugal has long been allies with the British, the British have come to the aid of Portugal and this time Portugal will do the same for Britannia, where ever it goes, we go. Long live Portugal, Long live Britannia"
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Bering
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bering » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Otto was sitting in a private room with his most senior Ministry officials. Prime Minister Arnold von Duisburg, Foreign Minister Karl zu Schwarzenberg, War Minister Josef von Baden-Baden, and Treasury Minister Enrico Gritti. The five men sat discussing the various letters that had arrived over the past few days.

"An alliance with France would mean our entire western border is secure." zu Schwarzenberg said.

"But for how long? Can we trust that the French will not betray us?" von Baden-Baden asked.

"What makes you think the British won't betray us?" von Duisburg questioned.

"They might, but their betrayal would not be as bad as France's. If they were to betray us we risk having the entire western border overrun." von Baden-Baden responded.

"France's offer is tempting, but what of the Italian states?" Gritti asked, Otto almost sighed. The Italians in the the Holy Roman Empire did not greatly care for their cousins in the south. They had been under the Empire for centuries and so rather than owing loyalty to a pan-Italian state or the Holy Roman Empire, they took a fierce pride in their own states. Genoa, Lombardy, and Venice, all three were heavily trade based and fiercely loyal to the Empire, if because they were a dependable customer. Otto's reforms had made them more loyal, especially the common Italians, but the nobles and oligarchs still focused on their coffers.

"Why not ally with both?" von Duisburg asked. The other men in the room all looked at the man. "I simply mean, why not offer them both defensive pacts and have them compete. The one who proves the better ally will be the one that we seek more alliances with while the other will lose. The Empire does not risk much, but we can gain a great deal."

Otto nodded, it was definitely something that no one would expect. "Let us begin drafting letters." He said.

Honorable Emperor Duveau of France,

What you offer is very enticing, but several of my advisers are worried that an alliance between us could threaten the integrity of the Empire, especially considering the British have also sent us an offer. However I have been able to convince them that an alliance between us will be beneficial. I therefore offer you a defensive alliance and am open to further trade agreements. I would be happy to seek even more intimate alliances between our nations, but my advisers would have to be convinced. If we could work together in a way that will greatly benefit the empire, then I am sure that they will fully support an alliance between us.

Signed,
Kaiser Otto V Karling of the Holy Roman Empire

President Russell,

I would be happy to accept your offer for a trade agreement and see no issues in getting it through my senate. An alliance is a trickier matter. You see the French have already sent me one and my advisers are divided on which is the best course of the Holy Roman Empire. I have decided to seek defensive alliances with both you and the French. I would be pleased if our long friendship could endure and become something such as a grand alliances, but my advisers would like you to prove that you are the better choice for the Empire. I therefore ask that you accept this alliance between us and encourage you to show my uncertain advisers that Britannia still rules the waves.

Signed,

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Mary III

I hope that you and your future offspring will be blessed by God. I fear neither I nor my descendants will have a great deal of peace, the Empire always has a new task for us. I would welcome a visit from you so that we may discuss the future of our nations and other important matters of the state. I would be happy to entertain you for some time in my home in Frankfurt. A plot to usurp my throne is a serious accusation, we can discuss that and the rest of your offers when you arrive in Frankfurt. May you arrive swiftly and safely.

Your friend and kinsman

Elam-Kurdistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Elam-Kurdistan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Edmund Blackadder chancellor of the exchequer handed the President the letter from HRE. When Edward had finished reading, Edmund said "It seems the Germans are allying with both France and ourselves, we must prove ourselves the better ally. They ask for proof that we still rule the waves" Edward nodded "Yes, well we will accept the alliance and as for proof, I will send 8 of the Republican Navy's best ships to Hamburg to show the Germans our power. We will also bring good from India, Philippines and Peru to show them the extent and power of our country." Edmund smiled Very good my lord"

To HRE

To wise Otto V, we of cause accept your proposal and to show that Britannia rules the waves I offer to send 8 of the most powerful ships in the world to Hamburg for you to observe.

Edward Russel
Last edited by Elam-Kurdistan on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Che Guevara

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse