NATION

PASSWORD

A Space Meeting (Devonta only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Northdeigo
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

A Space Meeting (Devonta only)

Postby Northdeigo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Space, the Final Frontier

Its endless. Its cold. Its filled with amazing things. Its space. The thing that generations have looked up to everynight. Its the thing that kept the sailers from sailing in circles. But extremely little of it has been explored. That is why Northdeigo has spent the last 50 years pouring money into the country's space program DAEA (The Deigan Aerospace Exploration Agency) to traveling to the moon and very soon, Mars and its two moons. Up to now, DAEA has done this alone. Now, it was time to invite another player to the board, Devonta.

To: Federal Government of Devonta

It has come to the attention of my government that your nation wants to join up with another country for some space exploration. I believe my government has a way to give you that. If you are interested in what we can offer, then send a representative on the next flight to Charles Deigo International Airport, right outside of Dante. I will meet he or she there. Trust me, this a deal you will wanna make.

Daniel Quinn,
Chief Administrator of the Deigan Aerospace Exploration Agency
Last edited by Northdeigo on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zephyric and Arsia War: Victory
Simonian Civil War: Victory
Intonisa/Ezmexica War: Victory

Proud Member of the Pacific Economic Defense Coalition
IATA Member

A victory today can become a deadly defeat tomorrow -unknown

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:43 pm

NSAP Office

To: DAEA Administrator Daniel Quinn

Hello, Your letter was forward to me by very respected government figures in my nation and I decided to take a look at it. We would be honored to discuss a joint space mission with your nation, Especially after are disappointing delay to land on the planet Titian. I will land in Dante tomorrow morning via private jet. I hope our two great space programs can have a lasting relationship.

Sincerely,
Michel Dokuh, Director of NSAP
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:31 pm

DAEA Headquarters, Dante, Capital Province, Northdeigo

DAEA's Chief Administer Daniel Quinn just got done reading the reply from Michel Dokuh, the Director of Devonta's NSAP (OOC; which stands for what?). He leaned back in his chair, smiling to himself. Oh, I got a surprise for them. He then replied back to Michel.

That it great that you plan to be in Dante at the earliest time. I will meet you personally in Terminal A. Don't worry about breakfast, I will have that covered.

Next Morning at Charles Deigo International Airport, Terminal A
Daniel Quinn sat in a very unconformably chair with four soldiers. He thought the soldiers were a bit too much, but he didn't complain. As he waited, he made small talk with one of the soldiers, Private Elmore, asking if he saw the game last night. There wasn't much to talk about other than the game while waiting for Michel.

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Charles Deigo International Airport, Terminal A-
Michel walked through Terminal A to see four soldiers in uniform and a man in a nice suit, He new it had to be his guy. He did think it was strange to have soldiers around an airport at a meeting like this. Michel waved to the men and walked towards them eagerly. With his aid following straight from behind. "Hello, Sirs!"
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:06 pm

United States Of Devonta wrote:Charles Deigo International Airport, Terminal A-
Michel walked through Terminal A to see four soldiers in uniform and a man in a nice suit, He new it had to be his guy. He did think it was strange to have soldiers around an airport at a meeting like this. Michel waved to the men and walked towards them eagerly. With his aid following straight from behind. "Hello, Sirs!"

He shook hands with Michel, pleased to finally have met him. When Michel eyed the soldiers, "Every since I returned to Dante two weeks ago, he has had soldiers on my tail. And I am quite surprised you noticed just them, since this place is full of them." Quinn looked around. "Oh well, lets go, I got us breakfast reservations." The men walked the half mile to get outside of the airport. There, waiting, was a car that looked almost like a presidential car and two military humvees. Quinn and Elmore got in the car along with Oliver and Michel, and started towards the city of Dante.
"So while we waiting for the driver to get us to the restaurant, tell me about your space program."

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Northdeigo wrote:
United States Of Devonta wrote:Charles Deigo International Airport, Terminal A-

He shook hands with Michel, pleased to finally have met him. When Michel eyed the soldiers, "Every since I returned to Dante two weeks ago, he has had soldiers on my tail. And I am quite surprised you noticed just them, since this place is full of them." Quinn looked around. "Oh well, lets go, I got us breakfast reservations." The men walked the half mile to get outside of the airport. There, waiting, was a car that looked almost like a presidential car and two military humvees. Quinn and Elmore got in the car along with Oliver and Michel, and started towards the city of Dante.
"So while we waiting for the driver to get us to the restaurant, tell me about your space program."

Michel liked his experience so far, Everyone was very friendly and the soldiers helpful. President Josiah was right when he said Northdeigo was a militarized nation he thought before he was asked a question.

Well... As far as general history goes we where founded in 1948 and landed on the moon in late 1960, By 1980 we established a base on the moon which is still active and is a staging point to and from Mars. In the early 90's we received a massive spike in funding and successfully established two space stations above earth, We also landed on Mars establishing two bases and a space station in its orbit. In conjunction two interstellar bases where made in between mars and Earth. By 2010 we received even more funding and began to make plans and prepare to move to another planet like Earth, So far we have a planned mission to Titian but it has be post ponned due to problems with some other member nations.

We have also launched over 2,000 satellites over the years and have conducted many unmanned missions across the galaxy, On Planets, Moons, and Asteroids. In fact we have two mining bases on two different asteroids. Like most space programs we have a close relationship to our nations military too.
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:04 pm

"Wow thats some space program. Well, here is ours."

The Deigan Aerospace Exploration Agency was founded in the 1920s. Reason being is we were launching balloons in upper atmosphere. Don't ask why. We then begun to experiment with rockets, launching our first in 1958, then landing on the moon in 1970, a little later than the rest. We constructed the space shuttles, three of them, in 1975. We lost one when one of them crashed onto the moon, no astronauts were lost, thank goodness. We managed to construct four space stations between 1985 and now. That is all I will say now because you will learn of our greatest project soon enough.

The skyscrapers of Dante grows larger and larger. "Now, before we reach the restaurant, any more questions you have for me about Northdeigo, as I have learned all I need to know about yours?"

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:52 am

Northdeigo wrote:"Wow thats some space program. Well, here is ours."

The Deigan Aerospace Exploration Agency was founded in the 1920s. Reason being is we were launching balloons in upper atmosphere. Don't ask why. We then begun to experiment with rockets, launching our first in 1958, then landing on the moon in 1970, a little later than the rest. We constructed the space shuttles, three of them, in 1975. We lost one when one of them crashed onto the moon, no astronauts were lost, thank goodness. We managed to construct four space stations between 1985 and now. That is all I will say now because you will learn of our greatest project soon enough.

The skyscrapers of Dante grows larger and larger. "Now, before we reach the restaurant, any more questions you have for me about Northdeigo, as I have learned all I need to know about yours?"

Michel was quit surprised when he herd how old the Deigan space program was, Although he was more interested in figuring out what the surprise was.

"No I have no more, Running on an empty stomach."
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 am

United States Of Devonta wrote:
Northdeigo wrote:"Wow thats some space program. Well, here is ours."

Michel was quit surprised when he herd how old the Deigan space program was, Although he was more interested in figuring out what the surprise was.

"Well then, welcome to Lad's Bulletin." They arrived at a very expensive looking restaurant. They headed inside and a waiter brought them to a table that sat away from most the people. "So what would you like for breakfast?"

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:30 am

Northdeigo wrote:

"Well then, welcome to Lad's Bulletin." They arrived at a very expensive looking restaurant. They headed inside and a waiter brought them to a table that sat away from most the people. "So what would you like for breakfast?"

Michel smiled. I would like an omelet with a side of French Toast, Orange juice sounds good." Oliver ordered next.
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:52 pm

"My normal please." Quinn ordered. Elmore did the same. The waiter took the order into the back and Quinn got down to business. "Now we get to business. First and formore, no one can hear us, we can speak freely here. I will explain later. Second, before I say anything, how quickly can you get a shuttle into space?"

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:57 pm

Northdeigo wrote:"My normal please." Quinn ordered. Elmore did the same. The waiter took the order into the back and Quinn got down to business. "Now we get to business. First and formore, no one can hear us, we can speak freely here. I will explain later. Second, before I say anything, how quickly can you get a shuttle into space?"

"Are fastest time was 1:25 minutes...Why?"
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Northdeigo wrote:"My normal please." Quinn ordered. Elmore did the same. The waiter took the order into the back and Quinn got down to business. "Now we get to business. First and formore, no one can hear us, we can speak freely here. I will explain later. Second, before I say anything, how quickly can you get a shuttle into space?"

"No not the speed, the date. We are prepping the crew of the Space Shuttle Patriot for a launch in three days to the our science space station Inspiration.

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Northdeigo wrote:

"No not the speed, the date. We are prepping the crew of the Space Shuttle Patriot for a launch in three days to the our science space station Inspiration.

"My apologies, Excuse a man in he's 50's." Michel smiled. We could have one up in two to three days if needed"
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:07 pm

Northdeigo wrote:

"My apologies, Excuse a man in he's 50's." Michel smiled. We could have one up in two to three days if needed"

"Good then. Because I am planning that our astronauts meet each other on board the Inspiration. The Patriot will be the last space shuttle to visit the station because the space station is due to decommissioned and de-orbited. I believe that space station needs some last respect and having our two nations meet each other will do just find. What do you think?"
Last edited by Northdeigo on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Northdeigo wrote:

"Good then. Because I am planning that our astronauts meet each other on board the Inspiration. The Patriot will be the last space shuttle to visit the station because the space station is due to decommissioned and de-orbited. I believe that space station needs some last respect and having our two nations meet each other will do just find. What do you think?"

Michel put both his hands on the table and grasped them together as if he was a schoolboy again before he begun speaking. He smiled again. "Sounds marvelous! I will notify our nations leader tonight, He is the only one who can authorize unscheduled launches. May I ask how many Astronauts may attend?"
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Northdeigo wrote:

Michel put both his hands on the table and grasped them together as if he was a schoolboy again before he begun speaking. He smiled again. "Sounds marvelous! I will notify our nations leader tonight, He is the only one who can authorize unscheduled launches. May I ask how many Astronauts may attend?"

"Well there is a three man sucide crew onboard. The sucide crew is the people responsible for de orbiting the craft. The crew of the shuttle is six and the station can fit 16, so seven more. However, most of the sleeping gear has been removed so the only people who can sleep in the station is the sucide crew. The rest sleep on the shuttle."

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Michel was taken a back, Oliver even looked at Michel in shock. He felt his chair move a couple of notches backwards. "Sui... Suic...Suicide team? That sounds unnecessary, Sorry but you mean to tell me your nation did not put a self guidance system in the your space stations? We have an alternative that has worked plenty of times... We can launch a missile or two at the space station, No lives lost?"
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:45 pm

United States Of Devonta wrote:Michel was taken a back, Oliver even looked at Michel in shock. He felt his chair move a couple of notches backwards. "Sui... Suic...Suicide team? That sounds unnecessary, Sorry but you mean to tell me your nation did not put a self guidance system in the your space stations? We have an alternative that has worked plenty of times... We can launch a missile or two at the space station, No lives lost?"

Quinn laughed. "The Inspiration is nearly 40 years old. I really don't why we kept it up there for so long. But the station does have a lack of self guidance system. So we placed a suicide crew that puts the craft into a path that allows it to splash down in the ocean and then escapes in a escape pod that looks like the apollo command ships."

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Northdeigo wrote:
United States Of Devonta wrote:Michel was taken a back, Oliver even looked at Michel in shock. He felt his chair move a couple of notches backwards. "Sui... Suic...Suicide team? That sounds unnecessary, Sorry but you mean to tell me your nation did not put a self guidance system in the your space stations? We have an alternative that has worked plenty of times... We can launch a missile or two at the space station, No lives lost?"

Quinn laughed. "The Inspiration is nearly 40 years old. I really don't why we kept it up there for so long. But the station does have a lack of self guidance system. So we placed a suicide crew that puts the craft into a path that allows it to splash down in the ocean and then escapes in a escape pod that looks like the apollo command ships."

"Michel and Oliver sighed in relief, "He had me they're for a second." Laughed Michel. "Still sounds risky though, But I have faith your men can do it with out getting themselves killed. We can easily have seven astronauts ready in two days. Most are either on mission or practicing at our space centers, All this happens in the summer."
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Northdeigo wrote:

"Michel and Oliver sighed in relief, "He had me they're for a second." Laughed Michel. "Still sounds risky though, But I have faith your men can do it with out getting themselves killed. We can easily have seven astronauts ready in two days. Most are either on mission or practicing at our space centers, All this happens in the summer."

Maybe I should of first said that the Suicide in Suicide Team was meant for the craft not the crew. The waiter brought the food. "Thank you." Quinn took a drink from his coffee. "In other news, we also have a teenager heading up too. The Inspiration was a major source of national pride, remaining the longest inhabited space station that orbits earth, nearly its entire life. Because of that, the youngest person will be sent into space on the Patriot for the 250th mission the station."

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Northdeigo wrote:

Maybe I should of first said that the Suicide in Suicide Team was meant for the craft not the crew. The waiter brought the food. "Thank you." Quinn took a drink from his coffee. "In other news, we also have a teenager heading up too. The Inspiration was a major source of national pride, remaining the longest inhabited space station that orbits earth, nearly its entire life. Because of that, the youngest person will be sent into space on the Patriot for the 250th mission the station."

"Sounds like itd pretty monumental, Are youngest astronaut is on his early twenties, He might volunteer for the mission."
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Northdeigo wrote:

"Sounds like itd (it's) pretty monumental, Are (our) youngest astronaut is on his early twenties, He might volunteer for the mission."

"Very well indeed." Quinn finished eating quickly. They had little time. "After you are finished eating, will you two be ready for an island getaway?"

IATA Member

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:49 pm

Northdeigo wrote:
"Sounds like itd (it's) pretty monumental, Are (our) youngest astronaut is on his early twenties, He might volunteer for the mission."

"Very well indeed." Quinn finished eating quickly. They had little time. "After you are finished eating, will you two be ready for an island getaway?"

"Michel smiled... That would be delightful, Hadn't had one of those in years. Whats this said Isands name? Well I'm stuffed, I say lets get on with our next set of business."
US Air Force E-4

Northdeigo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Northdeigo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Northdeigo wrote:

"Michel smiled... That would be delightful, Hadn't had one of those in years. Whats this said Isands name? Well I'm stuffed, I say lets get on with our next set of business."

"Oh its still business, but this island is place to visit, as very few get to see it, well the interior of it. Tons of people visit the island every year, but few are given the honor of seeing whats underground" Quinn looked down at his watch. "Lets see, with rush hour beginning, it will take 45 minutes to get to Brent's Air Force Base. But there is a small airport fifteen minutes away.." He looked up at the two. "You two will alright if we take a helicopter to Brent's Air Force Base?"
Last edited by Northdeigo on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IATA Member

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates