NATION

PASSWORD

[Sovereign Charter] Yarbricht Inn (Char-RP, Invite only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

[Sovereign Charter] Yarbricht Inn (Char-RP, Invite only)

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Yarbricht Inn

Somewhere in the midst of the Sovereign Charter, low in a mid mountain range valley, surrounded on all sides by steep cliffs, carniferous forests, rushing rivers and gushing waterfalls is a wooden structure. This structure is situated neatly into a cliffside and is place right at the crux of five paths that split off into five different directions into the wilderness.

This structure, two stories high, made from logs and local rocks is known as the Yarbricht Inn. Far away from civilisation and serving as the only rest stop for over a hundred kilometers in any direction.

Even though the paths around it are fairly narrow, it is still reasonably stocked from the passing trade and frequently offers the weary and foot sore travellers rest for the night and a warm meal for the following day.

It's right here, as the low clouds rush over the mountains that this story begins.

---------------------------------------
OOC Notes:

1. This RP is for Sovereign Charter members and represents and experiment with using the on site forums. If there's
anything notably wrong I would appreciate being informed first and foremost.
2. If you would like to enter this role-play but aren't part of the Sovereign Charter, please ask first, or I'll apply to
have the posts removed and neither of us wants that. (Embassy members can feel free as if they were members)
3. Any other questions, telegrams, IRC, RMB posts are more than acceptable.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Cervidas and Ibex
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cervidas and Ibex » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:15 pm

a lone traveler makes her way along the southern path. heading north, she hum a little tune to pass the time. "...walking...walking... walking on river. walking... walking... walking on the river."

stopping for a moment she pulls off a backpack she had been carrying. opening it she grabbed her water and map. checking her surroundings she flipped open the map. crouching down she rested while checking her location if she kept moving, at her current progress she could arrive at the inn by nightfall. after that it would be another couple of day on foot until she arrived at her destination. taking a sip of water. she refolded the map, put everything away, and started walking again.

"ill just stay for the night"

just for the night...
a resident of Sovereign Charter

be wise, be truthful, strain the wine, and scale back your long hopes
to a short period. While we speak, envious time will have {already} fled:
seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the next day.

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:28 pm

To start a story one must end.
No I will not tell you that story, not now at least.

Lyla Sewq-Forn trudged up the path, shifting the pack on her back into a more comfortable position. Somewhere around here was an Inn, in theory though it was ambiguous and hardly mentioned but apparently there. The words running about her minds was, In Theory. Which would explain the fairly large pack just in case

There it was, up ahead. She paused at the edge of the clearing, caught her breath and moved. Crunching though the few dead leaves on the floor she walked up to the Inn, humming under her breath as she does so.

The door swung open.
Feel free to ask me anything and everything
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter
ALERT LEVEL: PROCRASTINATION

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:30 pm

The white and blue curtains flutter at the wooden open windows, the panes of glass freshly cleaned. The two steps up and the wooden porch way brushed tidily. There's a certain musk in the air, perhaps from the plant life that seemed to adorn the frame of the door. Inside, just ahead in fact a counter, behind which a small bar and a middle aged man sitting, reading a book waiting for the day to pass by. He looks towards the door, a shift in the air and smile tugged on his lips. He glanced around, there were three tables and twelve chairs. All neatly arranged around the open plan downstairs room. Putting down the book he stands up. His thick white moustache contrasting with his black eyebrows and a very much bald head.

He catches sight of the arrival outside of the entrance, approaching slowly. The grand father clock to the left of him ticks loudly as pendulum swings from side to side. It was after all, a beautiful day and otherwise it was only the bird song that kept the place from being deathly silent.
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
4th President and,

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:39 pm

trotts down the path with a sack filled with conumer goods hopping to find a customer
mods are musty

monky :)

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:45 pm

He stumbles upon a small quaint inn nothing like his home land full of skyscrapers the is tired from travelling and enters
mods are musty

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Lyla pushed her way inside the room, it was well light, with a man behind the counter, several tables and well, what you would expect from an Inn, She dismissed several of the more prevailing thoughts flitting about her head, "Hello sir, do you happen to have rooms available? or some form of accommodation?" far too formal, far far too formal, but what else am I supposed to do? She just stood there in the door way awaiting a response
Feel free to ask me anything and everything
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter
ALERT LEVEL: PROCRASTINATION

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:55 pm

walks to the bartender asks for a room on the top floor and give him 50 euros
mods are musty

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:55 pm

asks for some scotch
mods are musty

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:59 pm

walks into the room the room has a window looking out the front and a double bed to the right he puts the sack in the corner and pulls out a laptep and starts to read creepypastas.
mods are musty

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:02 pm

A man and a woman entered, although it didn't seem as though as they were together as they didn't even glance at each other. Yet they both wore rigorous walking equipment and heavy backpacks. You wait all day for one and two come at once it seemed. A grin spread out over his face, his blue eyes lighting up quite spectacularly.

"We have several available, travellers heading out the Qarthi refugee camps headed out yesterday, so we have plenty." He quickly stood up and approached the woman, he wore himself a soft white top with what appeared to be a light blue grid. Brown yet thick trousers and a beige half apron. He gestured for her to come in, "Would you like a bath with that? Please, take any seat you wish. I recommend the table around the corner." He gestured from the door, to the immediate right where a round table slotted into what appeared to be a bay window of sorts, giving a crystal view of the steep valley ahead.

He noted that another customer was also coming through the door, a man, a trader from the looks of things and other young woman heading up the path. This happened from time to time, it was always a nice experience but it always meant a hard days work, "Is there anything I can get you as well sir?" His voice was a little scratchy as he watched the man head towards the counter and ask for scotch as he did so, "Right away sir would you like that..." The man headed up stairs without even asking for a room. Though he noted the money on the table. An unfamiliar note it was, he turned back to the young lady and smiled, "Sorry about some are so tired that they forget their manners... now, about that bath?"
Game Master
4th President and,

Yolkia
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yolkia » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Out-side by the narrow road, comes a man and a Wolf, with a batch o’ meat ready to unload, he comes and speaks;
"Hi, m' name is Molf, I come selling dried meat's... some salty, some sourly, even some sweet". He talks to the owner and waiting for a reply lights a cigar for himself.
"Pardon me sir but the meat's close to rot; you have some salt for a boy's cot?"

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:28 pm

he emails Haja Mishu government officials that he has arrived at an inn and that the trade plan is successful so far. He looks out the window thinking about how he will expand Haja Mishuan trade to this remote location. he opens the door and briskly walks down the stairs to see a person with a wolf next to them but he payed them no mind. he walked up to the bartender and asked for a baked potato with steak and some guiness he pays for it and eats it like a hound for it wwas the first meal he had in hours and drank the guiness as it was his last.
mods are musty

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Again the man was interupted, it was quite intriguing that all of these people were arriving all of a sudden, "Ah, meat... yes, we do have interest in buying such wares." He noted the wolf. Wild wolves rarely stick close to humans, he briefly wondered how this one came to be in Molf's possession, "Frank, pleasure to meet you Molf, if I were you I'd take it down to the cellar." He gestures around the corner, "Dux will happily take some off your hands in return perhaps for some salt?" In fact, they had trade with a Salt merchant three days ago, they were rich in sea salt right about now, it had happened to be a rather good deal considering how far up in the mountains they were. Usually it would be a matter of preserving meat in snow and such like but when salt was cheap enough, that could provide better storage for a longer term. The man smiled gently, "Is there anything else I can get you?"

Still he had to fetch that man a scotch as well, he doubted they even had any, it was quite a rare commodity up here. What they might have however was fire wine from the grapes last year. He thought for a moment as the man had come back down and asked for a meal. Raising his eyebrows, Frank whistled to have the man seen to by their resident cook. His daughter Margret. Who served him quite quickly.
Game Master
4th President and,

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:47 pm

He pulls out a wooden pipe puts some squid ash in it and lights it the smell is fishy and the smoke is grey black and the wolf stares at him with hungry eyes so he pulls a sardine dog treat and tosses to the wolf the dog laps it up vigorously the owner smelled like a peasant. he smelled of low quality meat he asked what the trader gave the wolf and he said these and gave him a pack of the treats no bigger that a carton of cigaretees and calmly walks upstairs into his room for he does not care about the inn his goal is to get to the nearest city and show his wares the populous there.
Last edited by Haja-Mishu on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mods are musty

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:54 pm

((Careful about using other players. Some players don't tolerate (take offence) their characters being used without their permission))

Frank watched the exchange and noted how abrasive and abrubt the trader was being. He seemed not to be the type of person to say no to, at least perhaps not without a little confrontation. It wasn't long before returned back upstairs again, leaving the man a little perplexed, he turned back to Molf, "Please, don't mind him just one of those days." It was that or there might be a bust up and that usually ended up with his furniture smashed. So far he'd managed a good three years without a single bust up, hopefully this would be a fourth.
Game Master
4th President and,

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:00 pm

he mumbles to himself only one night thinking about his highrise apartment in downtown Haja-Mishu and pulled out a novel about a man who could octopi by scaring them
mods are musty

Yolkia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yolkia » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Molf looks at the man in who ordered the fish and makes a gesture for his wolf (Hyre) to come back, which it does. He looks at the Keeper and asks:
"He can stay inside... right?” a brief pause ensued "I mean, on the biting he's rather light."
He wondered his eyes to the other man, Frank he pondered, however something shot through his mind as he remembered what he had to do...
"Frank... right... well, you see, would you kindly have the Salt ready for tomorrow and..." he continued shifting his gaze to the Keeper "could you perhaps give me a room in this local of yours, preferably a room near the door, ya' know, for Hyre's issues". He notices the attention Hyre has gotten from the Keeper.
"Can I help you?”

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 pm

"Inside, downstairs yes, but we don't allow animals upstairs. There's a room downstairs just inside the cellar infact, it's an extra room for those such as yourselves with their companions. Dux would be able to show you more about that." Frank walked a little back towards the counter to take a look at the log book. The young man upstairs, the young lady and now Molf, that was three tenants to note down, the trade Dux would record no doubt once he received the meat, "In the mean time, he looked back, is there anything else I can get for you sir?"
Game Master
4th President and,

Yolkia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yolkia » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:37 pm

"Nah, he said, that room’s just fine, just one question, do you have a cob for this wolf of mine?" he said egger for a yes... of not Molf would sleep in the floor...
He suddenly remembered something; he was planning on reading the Yolkian Cornicle as soon as he got an answer from the Keeper. The issue was rather old, couple of weeks actually since he got it at Yahmra, a merchant outpost at the far-most zone of the Yolkian soil. the headline wrote: 'Shacka assassinated! Tigrillo and Yolkia enter a war for democracy in Tigrillo, rebels Strong Teolian Weapons."

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:45 pm

he decided to be more charismatic so the walked downstairs and sat at a table hoping someone would sit down so they could exchange stories. He might as well make his stay a littlee more enjoyable.
mods are musty

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:48 pm

A cob? Was he referring to bread or had he mispoken, normally wolves did not eat bread. Furrowing his brow for a moment. He'd heard of bed making style called 'cobbing' but he might have misheard, "If you mean a bed for the dog, something can be arranged, I'm sure. As for food well there is plenty...available, we don't have that much meat however at the moment." At least until they traded a little. Clasping his hands together, he seemed surprised by himself as he looked up, "Why don't we get you both something to eat, surely it has been a long enough journey?"
Game Master
4th President and,

Yolkia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yolkia » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:03 pm

"yeah, a bead for Hyre and as for food, serve him some meat, preferably salmon, and uh... i'll go and sleep, I’m exhausted, by tomorrow I’ll probably leave early unless, of course something where to happen." he looked around for the stairs and found the fish man sitting there, he thought of joining but the thought of a bed drove him downstairs, looking for his room he found the bed and with it his dreams. Hyre would soon follow and so they both zoned of until another day

[OCC: I gotta go (sleep), tomorrow I’ll continue]

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:51 pm

"I'll have a bath ready for you in the morning," Frank called after him shaking his head. It appeared that everyone was in a similar sort of mood, popping his head into the kitchen the man asked Margaret to serve the dog something and called down to the Cellar man known only as Dux to bring the meat that had been left round the front inside the cellar until the morn. It was shocking just what some people would leave outside the front of the inn without a care in the world. With a hand on his hip and holding the bridge of his nose, he thought for a moment, "Miss, if you would like to get seated I'll be right with you, I really do apologise."

Proceeding then, behind the counter and into the kitchen via a rather non-descript wooden nigh on featureless door he made for the alcohol cabinet, washing his hands along the way and grabbed a tumbler out of a glass cabinet.

"Drinking at this hour?" Came a soft, yet somehow lofty sounding voice.

"Not for me, not for me." There was indeed some scotch, the bottle was more than half empty but it was enough for a few servings. Pouring a measure of the rich bronze coloured liquid into the tumbler, he noted an assortment of freshly fried crisps placed in a bowl beside him, "Thanks dear." Then he walked briskly back out of the kitchen into the main room and presented the trader with his scotch and refreshments.

"Can I get you anything else sir?"
Game Master
4th President and,

Cervidas and Ibex
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cervidas and Ibex » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Though the wether had been an enjoyable mix of relaxing heat and a cooling breeze for most of the afternoon, as night approach the sky turned dark and it began to rain. Lightly at first, but soon intensifying into a downpour. The young traveller quickened her pace. Within a few minutes she arrived at the inn, now soaked with rain water. Still outside she knocked on the door twice before opening it herself, entering the main lounge area of the inn.

She walked up to the front desk, addressing the man she assumed was in charge. He was bald with thick black eyebrows and a fuzzy white mustache. Apologizing for the water and mud she had tracked in with her, she continued on, asking about the availability of any room in which she could stay.
a resident of Sovereign Charter

be wise, be truthful, strain the wine, and scale back your long hopes
to a short period. While we speak, envious time will have {already} fled:
seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the next day.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates