NATION

PASSWORD

Passing of the Torch

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Roania
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Passing of the Torch

Postby Roania » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:19 am

The Imperial Palace today announced that The Lady of Ten Thousand Years has decided to take an indefinite position of retirement from the affairs of the state. In her stead, reigning with her power, the Crown Prince has ascended to the throne as the five hundredth and fifty-fifth Emperor. Long Live the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

OOC: Yes, it's brief, but that's how it would be ICly handled. Obviously, this is huge, but to the Empire, it's business as usual until someone says otherwise.
Last edited by Roania on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 am

To: The Imperial Palace of Roania
Encryption: Diplomatic

The Valaran Empire welcomes Crown Prince's Damalin's accession to throne. We trust he shall rule well. Furthermore, we also our two nations may have increased cooperation and ties under his benevolent authority. Perhaps we should arrange a meeting to encourage this cooperation?

Warm Regards and congratulations,

Emperor Edric Skaran III of the Valaran Empire, Valaran Turntry, the Former Republic of Jazakstan, the autonomous region of St Thomas, & other assorted dominions

This is open right?
Last edited by Valaran on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

The Boundless Legion
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Boundless Legion » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Your Esteemed Highness, Emperor Damalin Eisen,

On behalf of all the Fleets of the Boundless Star Legion, we applaud your ascension to the seat of Roanian power, and we anticipate close cooperation in the Radiant Empire's future endeavors. Should you need our aid, but ask.

Charles Montmartre
Cmdr; Boundless Star Legion

Roania
Ambassador

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Roania » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:21 pm

Grand Secretary to be Replaced

His Lordship Grand Secretary Rimiel announced today that the Lord of Ten Thousand Years has accepted his offered retirement, effective immediately. He retires with all the positions due to an official of the 7th rank. He has announced that he will retire to his estates. With him departs Lady Cheruv Daeri and an era of imperial government.

In his place, the Lord of Ten Thousand Years has recalled General Riziel to form a government. Riziel was for a long period of time in contempt with the previous administration owing to his hard-line conservatism, but was rehabilitated by Grand Duke Selevar and appointed to the 16th Banner's training academy...
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scolopendra » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:47 pm

"Huh."

Supreme Emperor Mballa Ipolla sat rigidly in her chair from a lifetime of habit as she scrolled through the headline-briefings on her desk. It wasn't that it was surprising; she was on site if not immediately present when everything went horribly wrong, had written part of the doctrine on how to deal with the fallout, and had been pen pals with the Crown-Prince-turned-Emperor since then. If anyone in authority outside of the Radiant Empire's immediate sphere of influence had an inside track on what was going on in its highest rank, it was her. It was just... strange to think of the tight-laced and far too forthright teenager she'd met in a Roanian peach orchard months ago as in charge of an interstellar empire.

"Hmm?" The grey-skinned gynoid avatar didn't bother looking up from her habitual place on the couch in Mballa's office. Why exactly a mechanoid goddess had to lie on a couch reading fading paperbacks defied explanation. Mballa knew why, however: it annoyed her. At least, it had. Now it was just part of the topography of her workplace.

"Damalin's in charge now."

"Hm." The mechanoid wet her fingers and turned a page; the abraded cover of this one had a vaguely Hinoiri starship on the cover near an orange planet. A vaguely birdlike ship was firing at it from behind, and what must be some sort of defense field glowed in response.

"I should congratulate the kid."

"Probably." Another page turned.

"I'm sure Kraisee's already written up something nice and inoffensive, though."

"Mmmhmm."

"My mulberry bush has mulberries on it." Mballa nodded. "I'll send him some. You want to throw in anything?"

"Remember those metallic-looking spun-sugar-coated chocolate balls I showed you? I think Alessa would probably like those." Another page.

"Did she ever follow up on that business card?"

"Nope. Just say they're from your aide."

"Because if we say they're from you, they'll set the entire box on fire?"

Emperor:

Please accept my congratulations on officially achieving the title that your duty has set for you. I'm certain that you'll carry it well; I've met quite a few leaders in my day, and few took their responsibilities as seriously and sincerely as I've seen you do. If I may be permitted to say so, I do think that such an attitude of duty will serve you and the Radiant Empire well.

My government has sent the standard, formal, official, public congratulations reserved for such occasions. I put my signature to it, but it struck me as dry and impersonal and thus, this letter. Likewise, the usual state gifts are being sent under my signature, but from me to you I'm sending some mulberries fresh from my garden. I hope you like them. Also included are some chocolates from my aide intended for your mother--hopefully she's well and enjoying settling into semi-retirement--and should you happen to choose to try one I don't think anyone would mind. They're quite good, but maybe a bit sweet for my taste.

As always, if there's any way I can reasonably serve, I would be glad to be made aware of it. I recognize that your ascension does cause a shift in our professional status in terms of realpolitik and will adjust to this, as I should, but under the titles we're still the same people and I would be quite honored if you deigned to maintain our informal association--and, of course, you can trust this old barbarian woman to remain discreet about us being pen pals.

As always, I remain,

~Padishah Mballa Ipolla of the Federated Segments of Scolopendra
(given the current circumstances, the official title seems particularly presumptuous)

Return to NationStates