NATION

PASSWORD

When Did You Become Political?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Zeouria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

When Did You Become Political?

Postby Zeouria » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:07 pm

So, NS'ers, when did you guys first become interested in politics?

Me: I was 12 when I first became interested... and I knew nothing. :p
As I became older and learned more, I reject Authoritarianism and Totalitarianism and now I'm an Anarchist Communist.
Anarchist Communist

/*****WARNING*****\
This User Is An Anarchist

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Back in 2012 when my history class was on current events, and the presidential election was going on. Before that, the extent of my political beliefs were "Democrats good, Republicans bad." :p

Zeouria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeouria » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Merizoc wrote:Back in 2012 when my history class was on current events, and the presidential election was going on. Before that, the extent of my political beliefs were "Democrats good, Republicans bad." :p

lol, same here.
Anarchist Communist

/*****WARNING*****\

Yitzchak Winternitz
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yitzchak Winternitz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:25 pm

I was 8 when I was interested, it didn't properly mature until I was 10.
If believing in G-d means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:26 pm

The death of Apartheid.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Furthest I remember is around 7, which is when I began to publicly parrot everything my parents said, though they claim that I was already doing that as young as 3. I didn't really learn the true gist of things till I was around 13, maybe a little later.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sacara » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:28 pm

During the 2012 elections.

I was 'booo Obama, go Mitt!" then I got more and more interested, and I was right. Right-wing for the win!
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Around 2010 I think, was just getting out of high school.

Soselo
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soselo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:29 pm

Prior to the day after yesterday. Go-left wing.
Last edited by Soselo on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things do not change; we change.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:30 pm

I've loved politics since I was about 7, but in terms of actually going in depth into certain ideologies and figuring out where I fit in the political spectrum, probably 11 or 12.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Rabotnikisoyedinennyye
Envoy

Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rabotnikisoyedinennyye » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Age 14, when I started understanding things.
raвoтnιĸιѕoyedιnennyye
The Black Riders - The Janitors of NationStates!

Pro: -Ebola- world domination.
Anti: Terrorism

Krjder
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:31 pm

10 I suppose. But I started to be able to hold a political debate at 13.
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Nation Type: Direct Democratic Federal Monarchy
Capital: Aastejk
Population: 480,670,500
Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
-Realm Chancellor Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:31 pm

It was back in 2008 when I first became a bit interested, so I was 11, I think. I didn't know anything about it, and only really started to know anything when I was 13. It was at that point I first learned a bit about communism (didn't know much about it), a little bit later, I ran into some Marxist-Leninists game-side on NS, and that's when my transformation into the UMN you all know and love began.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:31 pm

I think I was around 5 or 6 and it was merely pulling pro-union propaganda as my father is a UAW retiree. I still believe unions to be a good thing as long as the political contributions are voluntary to the union's PAC.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:32 pm

I have been interested in politics ever since I was thirteen years old. My political views have changed over the years, I went through a Fascist phase and then eventually became centre-right.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:35 pm

The earliest I can remember was the 2000 election. I was six, but was interested in what was going on. It didn't help my dad is a history teacher and my uncle is a Mayor xD
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:46 pm

I don't remember how old I was exactly, likely 12.

It was whenever I decided I was an atheist, and that generated an interest in the politics surrounding religion. Everything else comes from that.
Last edited by Duvniask on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Around early 2012/late 2011, when I started reading more about politics, I was 12, almost 13, at the time. Though I come from a very conservative family, I called myself a "liberal" at the age of 12, but I didn't know a ton about politics then. I was simply socially liberal, anti-corporation, and strongly anti-military. But, in the beginning of eighth grade, my views became more concrete and I labeled myself as a social democrat. Of course, my views have evolved and changed since then, but it'd take a long time to explain all of that. But, I'm no longer the self described "progressive" anti military, anti corporation, naive pre-teen I once was.
Last edited by The Scientific States on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

Zeouria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeouria » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:13 pm

The Scientific States wrote:Around early 2012/late 2011, when I started reading more about politics, I was 12, almost 13, at the time. Though I come from a very conservative family, I called myself a "liberal" at the age of 12, but I didn't know a ton about politics then. I was simply socially liberal, anti-corporation, and strongly anti-military. But, in the beginning of eighth grade, my views became more concrete and I labeled myself as a social democrat. Of course, my views have evolved and changed since then, but it'd take a long time to explain all of that. But, I'm no longer the self described "progressive" anti military, anti corporation, naive pre-teen I once was.

Well, what would you consider yourself now?
Anarchist Communist

/*****WARNING*****\

Couasia
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Couasia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:18 pm

2008, when I was in the fourth grade. We watched Obama's inauguration on TV. If only we knew then how shitty of a president he'd be.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:21 pm

I really began to get an interest in politics when I was 14. Before then, I knew very little about politics.

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Merizoc wrote:Back in 2012 when my history class was on current events, and the presidential election was going on. Before that, the extent of my political beliefs were "Democrats good, Republicans bad." :p

Basically this lol
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Lalaki
Senator

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 pm

I was talking about politics as early as 8, but I started to really become political around May 2011, when I was 11.
Born again free market capitalist.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Alcase wrote:

Basically this lol

Yep, same with me.

Giliberafta
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Giliberafta » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Last year, when I was 12, i got interested in politics. I read the U.S. constitution because i was bore, i was in school, and it was the only book I did not read in my teacher's room. That day changed everything.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General