NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome to Bad Company (CLOSED,DEAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Welcome to Bad Company (CLOSED,DEAD)

Postby Gvozdevsk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Thread music

The year is 2015, and Russia and NATO have been at war for about a year. You may be asking, what set it off? Was it something about the crisis in Ukraine? Probably, but the background as to how the war started and all those boring political ramblings are irrelevant to our story. All that matters for our story is that there's a war and it has both a European and Middle Eastern theater.

Our story focuses on a group of AWOL soldiers, from multiple NATO member states. They've banded together, calling themselves the "Bad Company." What are they after? Gold. Russia and their allies have been hiring mercenaries to help them in the war, and pay the mercenaries in solid gold bars. Instead of shooting at other generic, nameless grunts on the frontlines, you deserted your unit upon hearing of this gold, and joined up with Bad Company. Now, you have to fight the most elite units of the Russian Armed Forces, highly trained mercenaries, generic Middle Eastern irregular forces, and possibly even fellow NATO soldiers throughout Eastern Europe and the Middle East for hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold. Will you survive and be rich? Or will you be killed by the enemies, or arrested and court martialed by your country? That's for you to find out. Welcome to Bad Company, soldier.

If you can't figure it out by now, this is an RP loosely based on the video game Battlefield Bad Company and you're playing as a disorganized band of soldiers from all over NATO, and probably a few from some Western aligned states that aren't NATO members, who go AWOL on an adventure to find gold.

RULES
OP's word is law
Keep things PG-13
Don't get aggressively hostile to others in the OOC thread, but pretty much anything goes in the IC thread
Racism, sexism, homophobia, whatever, is all totally fine in the IC thread but none of this will be tolerated in the OOC thread.
Even though this is based on a pretty unrealistic video game, try to keep your IC actions at least somewhat realistic. Don't shrug off getting shot, RP effects of drugs or alcohol, don't dual wield general purpose machine guns, basic stuff like that.
Most of you are probably going to be basic frontline infantry or possibly even non-combat personnel and very few of you will be special forces, so keep that in mind when making you characters. I'll allow special forces characters, but I'll put a limit on them. And please for the love of god try to make your characters a little bit diverse and unique.
If you're found to be godmodding, your character will be killed off.
You can have as many characters as you want and can handle.
Please use logical weapons. I don't care how badass you think you're being, no katanas or bladed weapons in general other than combat knives/bayonets, no Desert Eagles, no throwing knives, etc.

Code: Select all
Character application

[b]Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Appearance (picture or description)[/b]
[b]Nationality[/b]
[b]Likes[/b]
[b]Dislikes[/b]
[b]Bio[/b]
[b]RP Sample (not necessary if I know you)[/b]

Character application

Name Alyona Sidorova
Age 23
Gender Female
Appearance (picture or description)
Obviously wearing Estonian camo and other appropriate military equipment instead of civilian clothes

Nationality Estonian, but of Russian descent
Likes Russian culture, hard rock and metal, her scoped M14 that she carried through two tours in Afghanistan and the last few months of World War Three (or as she puts it, her "best friend in the whole world), occasional drinking, smoking, and of course, gold.
Dislikes Killing other Russians, people who don't know when to shut up, pop music, rap, know it alls, Vladimir Putin and the entire Russian government, overly gung-ho soldiers
Bio Alyona was born in Estonia shortly after the collapse of the Soviet Union to a military family. Her father was a former Soviet Airborne officer who was stationed in Estonia and decided to relocate their permanently after his retirement shortly before the collapse of the Soviet Union, later becoming an officer in the Estonian army. Being the only child in her family, Alyona's father had no son to pass on his family's military heritage to and became a strong influence towards her decision to join the Estonian army at the age of 18, even after her parents had already been divorced for a few years at that time, with very little contact with her father. Before World War Three broke out, Alyona served two tours in Afghanistan with the Estonian army, fighting alongside British forces in Helmand province, serving as a designated marksman.

When the war broke out, Alyona found herself deployed alongside the border between Estonia and Russia. The Estonian army had little reinforcements from NATO, with most troops being concentrated in Ukraine and Poland, and was completely shattered within the first few weeks of the war. The remnants of the Estonian army was put under British command and redeployed to Ukraine. By this point, with Estonia no longer existing to call her home, Alyona decided all she could now identify as was a Russian, and slowly started to become more and more frustrated at having to fight and kill fellow Russians. She thought about defecting to the Russian army, until the stories of "Bad Company" reached her unit. Feeling that going on a quest for gold was a better choice than defecting to the Russians, Alyona abandoned her post while on sentry duty one night, setting off to find the mythical "Bad Company."
RP Sample (not necessary if I know you) lol nope
Last edited by Gvozdevsk on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Alyona Sidorova - Gvozdevsk
James Stafford - Hornesia
Francois Serrano - Altito Asmoro
Last edited by Gvozdevsk on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Tagged. Also, if we're going to have a theme song it might as well be the original.
Last edited by Hornesia on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Kommeria
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kommeria » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:16 pm

I friggin love Bad Company, so this might be my first Forum RP. Maybe.
Maybe.
“No man is more capable of greater evil than the man who believes himself in the right.”
-Joe Abercrombie, Red Country

Yah- Free speech and press, gun rights, democracy, NATO, NAFO, nuclear power, civil rights as human rights, Ukraine and Taiwan, religion, treating people as humans, bourbon, cats, and I really like German potato salad.

Nah- Fascists and the far right, communists and the far left, Russia, PRC, using religion to justify hatred, corporatized healthcare, celebrity worship, Trump and MAGAts, coal power, Hawaiian Pizza, pickles on cheeseburgers.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:20 pm

A Bad Company RP? Badass. I'm in.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Glad to see there's already some interest in this.

Hornesia wrote:Tagged. Also, if we're going to have a theme song it might as well be the original.

Even better, we can have both versions.
Last edited by Gvozdevsk on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:Glad to see there's already some interest in this.

Hornesia wrote:Tagged. Also, if we're going to have a theme song it might as well be the original.

Even better, we can have both versions.

So, you couldn't deny?
Last edited by Hornesia on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Bump before I go to work. I'll try to get an app up for my character when I get home, or tomorrow.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Put up the app for my character. Feel free to get your own up guys.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:56 am

Character application

Name Francois Serrano
Age 30
Gender Male

Nationality French
Likes French culture, French cuisine, American movies, and dissecting corpses.
Dislikes Russians, not dissecting corpses, and cold drinks.
Bio

Born in France, more specific, in Marseille, from the French father and Spanish mother, he learned both languages and became bilingual, and with a bit of English learned as well. From his childhood, he became developing obsession of dissecting corpses, especially dead insects. His parents, worried of his obsession, sent him into therapist, and then he was sent into foreign school in Spain, where he was there for his whole life until he graduated from senior high school and returned to France again. After that, he enrolled into medical degree in Aix-Marseille University, and graduated at age 24. It was after that, that he went into French Army, and becoming a combat medic.

6 years later he went into the battlefield for the second time (the first being in Afghanistan). When he arrived into the battlefield, the casualties are already high. Instead of went rescuing soldiers, he instead went into the part of the camp where the corpses are and began to dissecting it. Eventually, however, his actions were found out, and he was arrested. During his tenure in the Army, he heard of the "Bad Company", the group of AWOL soldiers looking for golds and treasures, and when his truck was destroyed with an artillery, he escaped from his captive and decided to enlisted himself in the "Bad Company"
RP Sample (not necessary if I know you) You know me, G.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:30 am

Character application

Name Francis Pickett.
Age 41.
Gender Male.
Nationality
Bio
RP Sample (not necessary if I know you)
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 am

I'm down for this. Tagging and bagging.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Character application

Name Francois Serrano
Age 30
Gender Male
Nationality French
Likes TBD
Dislikes TBD
Bio TBD

Cylarn wrote:Character application

Name Francis Pickett.
Age 41.
Gender Male.
Nationality
Bio
RP Sample (not necessary if I know you)

Both of you are already accepted so just get those apps done when you have time.

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Character application

Name: James Stafford
Appearance (picture or description) James
Nationality British (England)
Likes Women, guns, cars, Reddit, Punk Rock, Nu Metal
Dislikes Russians, France, and idiots in general.
Bio James was born in Birmingham to a lower class family, hating school and generally giving no effort whatsoever. After reaching 17, he began to get into a series of stupid escapades, including a bar fight or two, the local police said that if he didn’t get out of town and stop being an idiot they’d send him to jail. So he did the logical thing and signed up for the Royal Marines, somehow passing their recruiting process and basic training. After he joined up, the shit hit the fan over in Russia and he was deployed to Germany as part of a foreign internal defence mission, which gradually became regular defence as the Russians advanced. While this was going on, he started dating a German woman who lived near his base, ending up in her house as a Russian surprise attack wiped out half of his base. Realizing that he was completely and utterly screwed, James decided to desert rather than face trial and possibly execution, eventually coming across Bad Company and joining them on their quest for gold.
RP Sample (not necessary if I know you) U WOT
Last edited by Hornesia on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Hornesia wrote:Character application

Name: James Stafford
Appearance (picture or description) James
Nationality British (England)
Likes Women, guns, cars, Reddit
Dislikes Russians, France, and idiots in general.
Bio James was born in Birmingham to a lower class family, hating school and generally giving no effort whatsoever. After reaching 17, he began to get into a series of stupid escapades, including a bar fight or two, the local police said that if he didn’t get out of town and stop being an idiot they’d send him to jail. So he did the logical thing and signed up for the Royal Marines, somehow passing their recruiting process and basic training. After he joined up, the shit hit the fan over in Russia and he was deployed to Germany as part of a foreign internal defence mission, which gradually became regular defence as the Russians advanced. While this was going on, he started dating a German woman who lived near his base, ending up in her house as a Russian surprise attack wiped out half of his base. Realizing that he was completely and utterly screwed, James decided to desert rather than face trial and possibly execution, eventually coming across Bad Company and joining them on their quest for gold.
RP Sample (not necessary if I know you) U WOT

Welcome aboard

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Character application

Name Francois Serrano
Age 30
Gender Male
Nationality French
Likes French culture, French cuisine, American movies, and dissecting corpses.
Dislikes Russians, not dissecting corpses, and cold drinks.
Bio

Born in France, more specific, in Marseille, from the French father and Spanish mother, he learned both languages and became bilingual, and with a bit of English learned as well. From his childhood, he became developing obsession of dissecting corpses, especially dead insects. His parents, worried of his obsession, sent him into therapist, and then he was sent into foreign school in Spain, where he was there for his whole life until he graduated from senior high school and returned to France again. After that, he enrolled into medical degree in Aix-Marseille University, and graduated at age 24. It was after that, that he went into French Army, and becoming a combat medic.

6 years later he went into the battlefield for the second time (the first being in Afghanistan). When he arrived into the battlefield, the casualties are already high. Instead of went rescuing soldiers, he instead went into the part of the camp where the corpses are and began to dissecting it. Eventually, however, his actions were found out, and he was arrested. During his tenure in the Army, he heard of the "Bad Company", the group of AWOL soldiers looking for golds and treasures, and when his truck was destroyed with an artillery, he escaped from his captive and decided to enlisted himself in the "Bad Company"
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Well, looks like we got a Frenchie. :p

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Hornesia wrote:Well, looks like we got a Frenchie. :p

Hmm-mm. Yes, indeed. I just like being Frenchie :p
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

New Shiresland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Shiresland » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Name Kaine Coleman
Age 31
Gender Male

Nationality Irish
Likes Liquor, Irish Folk Music, Money
Dislikes Pranksters, Whiners, British Hierarchists.
Bio Kaine was born to a middle class Irish family. He was always taught to opposes the British occupancy of Ireland. He never graduated high school on the fact of they where a bunch of pricks in his opinion. At the age of of 18 he joined the IRA in their fight for a free Ireland. He gained combat and guerrilla warfare knowledge. At the age of 21 knowing he couldn't return to normal life, being part of the IRA, decided to whore himself out to a merc group based in America for promises of money and many nights of drinking. He was thrown into the conflict in the middle east in charge of wiping out villages suspected of terrorist activity. In one of his drunken episodes he cam to a revelation of him being no better than the British pricks occupying his home country. He took a napsack, a weeks worth of water and food rations,and with ammunition and weapons he commandeered a humvee drove off into the dessert, searching for an outpost of the fabled "Bad Company" he heard so much about around the campfire and in the pubs.
RP Sample (not necessary if I know you) Sorry I haven't been on for awhile and it seems the rps i was involved with before have been closed down or i can't find them buried :(

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 pm

New Shiresland wrote:Name Kaine Coleman
Age 31
Gender Male
Nationality Irish
Bio Kaine was born to a middle class Irish family. He was always taught to opposes the British occupancy of Ireland. He never graduated high school on the fact of they where a bunch of pricks in his opinion. At the age of of 18 he joined the IRA in their fight for a free Ireland. He gained combat and guerrilla warfare knowledge. At the age of 21 knowing he couldn't return to normal life, being part of the IRA, decided to whore himself out to a merc group based in America for promises of money and many nights of drinking. He was thrown into the conflict in the middle east in charge of wiping out villages suspected of terrorist activity. In one of his drunken episodes he cam to a revelation of him being no better than the British pricks occupying his home country. He took a napsack, a weeks worth of water and food rations,and with ammunition and weapons he commandeered a humvee drove off into the dessert, searching for an outpost of the fabled "Bad Company" he heard so much about around the campfire and in the pubs.
RP Sample (not necessary if I know you) Sorry I haven't been on for awhile and it seems the rps i was involved with before have been closed down or i can't find them buried :(

I'll give you a chance to fix things up so I'll explain what's wrong.

You have to be a soldier from a NATO country. You can be an Irish soldier, but not an IRA fighter. Especially because they kind of gave up and Ireland has been independent for almost 100 years anyway.
The conflict is between Russia and NATO, not terrorists in the Middle East. The Middle East is a theater in the war, but it's more conventional fighting, not counterinsurgency. As it stands the RP is going to start in Europe though, probably in Poland or Ukraine.
If you can't link to an RP sample just write a sample post.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Oh yessss, tag to the max.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

New Shiresland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Shiresland » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:
New Shiresland wrote:Name Kaine Coleman
Age 31
Gender Male
Nationality Irish

You have to be a soldier from a NATO country. You can be an Irish soldier, but not an IRA fighter. Especially because they kind of gave up and Ireland has been independent for almost 100 years anyway.
The conflict is between Russia and NATO, not terrorists in the Middle East. The Middle East is a theater in the war, but it's more conventional fighting, not counterinsurgency. As it stands the RP is going to start in Europe though, probably in Poland or Ukraine.

I thought Nato was Pretty much European,American, and some other nations mixed together. But yeah i'd just call that a screwed pooch. I don't know, tried to come up with something interesting and not just American like I am. Most of this is just random shreds i remember from new stories and it seems like you know a hell of a lot more so I'd say scrap it and il just forget about it.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:52 am

New Shiresland wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:

I thought Nato was Pretty much European,American, and some other nations mixed together. But yeah i'd just call that a screwed pooch. I don't know, tried to come up with something interesting and not just American like I am. Most of this is just random shreds i remember from new stories and it seems like you know a hell of a lot more so I'd say scrap it and il just forget about it.

If you want to change it, scrap all of it is not an option. I recommend you change the nationality to other else., although Ireland itself is a member for Partnership of Peace and fix some of the parts from Irish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO#Parti ... _countries
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:21 am

I think I'll go ahead and put the IC up when we have at least five characters, but I'll leave sign ups open when I do.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm

I'll have my app up soon.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse