NATION

PASSWORD

2139: A literal "Cold" war (FT/RP/IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kargintina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

2139: A literal "Cold" war (FT/RP/IC/Open)

Postby Kargintina » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:42 pm

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Febuary 15th 2139; London, England, United Kingdom;
City of Westminster, 10 Downing Street, Office of the British Prime Minister, 1:00 AM

These are the times that try mens souls.. a particularly bitter sentiment that appealed to his Lordship's already melancholy mood.

And to think that such words, the product of an Englishman as he oversaw his nations downfall in his time, should come back to haunt us all these years later.

Rising from his lounge chair, a tired sigh escaping his lips, he seeked to drown such morbid thoughts in another glass of port. Crossing to the middle of the room, he opened the lower most drawer in his mahogany office desk, withdrew a hefty bottle from its recesses. The crinkling of glass upon glass as the liquor founds its way into his cup was broken by the sound of popping from the fireplace, as a wave of flame engluffed the newly added wood. Both noises were curiously charming to the politician, bringing memories of celebrations, holidays, and happier times. All long lost to the chill that was brought forth by this new year.

Looking admist the printed reports, pen scrawled notes, faxed requests and manila folders strewn about his desk, his reviere was interrupted by the vibration of his personal comm. The thin, paper-light device was one of the many advancements in communication that the 22nd century had to offer. The novelty had long been lost to his Lordship, perhaps due to the fact of the constant calls on the part of one office holder or bureaucrate at all hours of the day. The other half of my job, he liked to joke. With him feeling in the dumps, even such a mundane conversation would prove a welcome distraction.

Viewing the caller I.D., any thought of an amusing pallvar with some mid-level functuary was halted, and replaced with a scowl.

"Damn them!" he whispered, seeing that the call was directly from PAC-COM, the EU's forward operating joint strike force in the Pacific Theater.

Another request for my support in their damnable crusade no doubt...

Glancing toward his wastebasket, overflowing with faxed requests for a declaration of war and demands for the authorization of military force, he returned his attention to his personal comm, still vibrating indignitly.

With a snort of disgust, he flung the horrid little thing on his desk among the files, and emptied his glass. Resolved to find a comfortable place to pass out in, he made a move to return himself to the recylner once more. But before he made it two steps, the muffled vibration was replaced by an urgent, low-pitch klaxon-horn-like warble. Even in such a state, the Minister new what this signified and foreshadowed.

Making an about face, he casually threw aside his now empty glass as he looked frantically around for his comm. Shifting papers and throwing about the folders, he finally came upon it, answering it immeditly.

"Is there something I can do for you tonight, your Majesty." Attemtping not to slur, the Prime Minister hung on to the small device with both hands, praying in earnest that this happened to be an unorthadox social call.

"Yes your Majesty...I have reviewed the reports given to me-...Yes Your Majesty...I highly disagree with the findings and assertions of these-...Yes, Your Majesty...But I feel I must pro-...Yes, Your Majesty...Of course Your Majesty..."

Still holding on to his comm as the line was dead, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, the Presidential Primarch of the European Union, moved to fall in his chair, hands holding his downed head in dispair as he thought,

Damn those asphalt soldiers and armchair generals, they pocketed Him!

Moving his right arm over his comm, he sent a simple message to General Disraeli, commanding officer of PAC-COM.

You have your War.

Dropping his arms to the side of him, comm falling to the floor, one last thought echoed in his mind before unconsciousness took him,

Damn me for what I've done...and damn them for what they will do...
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

United States Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:56 pm

The Federation of Africa faced a large threat, the largest in African history.Europeans.. They had invaded North Africa violating international law and the UN was just a shadow of what it once was, a peacekeeping international force. The President of the Federation decided that neutrality was the best step to make sure that Africa survived. The soldiers that were at a border with the EU made up 5 million while 7 million were in reserves. He observed the city of Kinhasa, looking at how Africa had truly transformed to becoming a major superpower.

We have the technology, we have the money, our only problem is where to execute them he thought.

He ordered the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to come toward him and begin writing letters toward the respective leaders hopefully allowing the FOA to stay intact.His top goal was to gain allies.

TO:Europe
Despite the illegal invasion of North Africa, we see the fact that the FOA and Europe should continue having peaceful relations.

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:27 am

Washington D.C., North America
A plan has been made to make an alliance with the Russians against the Europeans. In the future, Europe will be colonized by the others. Karma will strike them down, hard.

Return to Portal to the Multiverse