NATION

PASSWORD

Grim Reaper Academy: The Tournament (IC/CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Grim Reaper Academy: The Tournament (IC/CLOSED)

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Round 2

The teachers were preparing the gym for the tournament when Death entered, stepping onto his transparent platform that ascended above the fighting area. Soon, students were filing into the room and the bleachers were packed.

The Vice-Principal walked to the centre of the gym and, activating a voice-magnification spell, he said, "Welcome, everyone, to the second round of our school's very own fighting competition. It promises to be a very interesting one too, with all of our Student Council members and other very experienced reapers participating. Thanks go out to our staff and student body for organising the event, as well as to our sponsors, Hell Mobility and Teaven.

"As in the last round, the benevolent and ever-watchful Lord Death will be judging the duels while myself and several other teachers will be refereeing. The rules, in case any of you have forgotten them, are as follows: You may use any physical, magical, or other skills that you possess with the exception of going into your Death Form. This means, of course, that you will be incapable of performing your unique Death spells. However, you may use any other Death magic. You may not, of course, kill your opponent. You win when your opponent is no longer able to continue fighting, either through exhaustion, injury, or otherwise.

"The matches will be posted shortly, at which time you may place bets on who you think will will. However, from now on we will be restricting bets to one hundred amarans, as over a hundred students have recently acquired debts to the Student Council. Please be patient, and have a good time!" He then deactivated the spell and retreated to the side of the arena.
Last edited by Nature-Spirits on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Calvin Fisher sat in the front row, leaning back and resting his head in his hands. It had been shit getting ready for the tournament, and finally it had come. Now he was getting progressively restless, waiting to beat the fucking shit out of anyone of the bitches that stood in his way. Honestly, he hoped he would get paired up with some bitch from the Council, just to prove that the fucked-up, pussy-brained dick-suckers weren't invulnerable and could lose. Of course, he left Maiso out of that hated group, mainly because the lazy ass actually didn't want his position in the first place. But I digress.

So, that morning, Calvin had made sure to dress properly for this shit. He had decided to wear a black hoodie with golden decals with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, black combat jeans with chains, a jet black leather vambrace on his left arm, and a pair of Gothic combat boots. He had even gone to the trouble in getting some tatts for the occasion. First, he had tattooed a small scar over his right eye, and then a large demon skull on his right forearm. Those were the first tattoos he had received while dead, well, in his whole life-death overall. So, it was quite the occasion for him.

Jonathan
Jonathan had gotten up early as usual, readied a pot of coffee for himself and Hotaru (damn, it took him long enough to figure out that she liked coffee better than tea. So unobservant...), and prepared a healthy meal packed full of wonderfully healthy stuff designed to make oneself really healthy (yes, I just said all that). He dressed himself in his typical school attire (which just looked so damn good), since he wasn't going to be fighting that day.

He had done his best to assure Hotaru that she'd beat the shit out of any of the competitors that she'd go up against (which she needed little assurance in the first place), and then promptly headed with her to the arena. When they got there, he kissed her and then headed to the portion of the bleachers prepared for those who weren't engaging in the tourney. He sat down as close to the front as possible, the better to see the fighting. He twisted his forearms in front of him, bowed his head and closed his eyes, and began chanting in Latin to the deities which he stubbornly believed existed in this world of chaos.

"Hail Divine Serpent, thou lord of Heaven's wisdom, hallowed be thy name. I beg thee to keep my beloved from harm, protect her from the desires of her enemies, grant her cunning to undermine their plans.

"Hail Demonic Stallion, thou lord of fire, slayer of the holies, hallowed be thy name. I beg unto thee to grant my beloved the fires of hell to smite her foes, the strength of the gods to grind them to dust, the hell-bent desire to destroy all who stand in her way.

"Hail Divine Dragon, Thou god of gods, lord of lords, king of the universe, hallowed be thy name. I beg unto thee to strengthen the power of my beloved's soul, make her a goddess of war, lift up her name and authority above the peoples of this realm 'til none are above her rule.

"Unto ye Divinities I pray, and upon your goodness and might I fall. Amen."

As he chanted, he felt energy slowly drain from him, leaving hi somewhat tired. Although the effects of his chant probably wouldn't accomplish anything, he still hoped this sacrifice of spirit energy would appease these gods and grant Hotaru their favor.
Last edited by Isle of Lithonia on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A she/her who misses being creative.
I like sticks. Peck pick.
My Fanny Pack is Fanny Packtastic!!!

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Emily prepared herself in a white tank top and black workout shorts that morning. The last fight had been more difficult than she'd expected, and this one was likely to be even more so, so she'd chosen an attire more suitable for fighting. Though she rarely ate breakfast (and, in fact, often forgot to eat at all), she decided that she could use the extra energy, so ate a bowl yoghurt with granola and fruit and drank some coffee (the grounds of which she'd bought a few years ago but had never gotten around to using until now).

She went to the gym and sat down in the front row of the bleachers, listening to the introduction and waiting patiently for the matches to be posted. She didn't have to wait long: soon, the names appeared in the air above the arena, and she searched for her name.
(1) Bhel - Lantern VS (1) Pixie - Masochism
(2) Seiji - Lightning VS (4) Mirna - Illusions
(4) James - Air VS (4) Ivy - Temporal Degradation
(5) Maiso - Metal VS (5) Rachel - Force Field
(5) Jack - Poison VS (6) Jaeger - Healing, Strength, Durability
(7) Hotaru - Objective Marker VS (7) Carter - Kinetic Energy Absorption
(8) Calvin - Deconstruction VS (9) Emily - Math

Calvin, she thought with a tinge of bitterness. The girl had to admit, she didn't really like the rude anarchist. He had no sense of respect for authority, and she suspected that, given the chance, he would even attack Lord Death -- a stupid move, but the boy seemed stupid enough to try. Not that he would even be able to get near enough.

But enough of those thoughts. She forced herself to ignore her distaste for the other student and begin thinking up a strategy.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 pm

When Maiso arrived at school, he looked normal. Normal hoodie, normal jeans, normal expression. Except for one thing: the unmistakable fire in his eyes. Ready to fight whoever needed to be fought to win.

As he arrived in the gym, he saw the matchups. Rachael: someone who he didn't know that well, but at least the matchup gave him her ability. Force fields can be overwhelmed, and his speed ought to serve him well.

Though he was running thoughts in his head, he still tried to make conversation. Approaching Calvin, he waved to him and said "What's up man? How've you been recently?"
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:18 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:When Maiso arrived at school, he looked normal. Normal hoodie, normal jeans, normal expression. Except for one thing: the unmistakable fire in his eyes. Ready to fight whoever needed to be fought to win.

As he arrived in the gym, he saw the matchups. Rachael: someone who he didn't know that well, but at least the matchup gave him her ability. Force fields can be overwhelmed, and his speed ought to serve him well.

Though he was running thoughts in his head, he still tried to make conversation. Approaching Calvin, he waved to him and said "What's up man? How've you been recently?"

Seeing Maiso, Calvin grinned. "Not much. Mainly just cleaning up after other people's shit, and making sure my gang members don't get their entrails ripped out by the Bitch Prez. How about you? I've heard rumors that you and that Mirna girl are playing pool over at her place each night."

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:When Maiso arrived at school, he looked normal. Normal hoodie, normal jeans, normal expression. Except for one thing: the unmistakable fire in his eyes. Ready to fight whoever needed to be fought to win.

Seeing Maiso, Calvin grinned. "Not much. Mainly just cleaning up after other people's shit, and making sure my gang members don't get their entrails ripped out by the Bitch Prez. How about you? I've heard rumors that you and that Mirna girl are playing pool over at her place each night."

"You could say that." Maiso rubbed his head, slightly embarrassed. "I still don't understand it myself." He sat down next to Calvin and leaned back. "Life isn't easy, huh?"
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:16 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Isle of Lithonia wrote:Seeing Maiso, Calvin grinned. "Not much. Mainly just cleaning up after other people's shit, and making sure my gang members don't get their entrails ripped out by the Bitch Prez. How about you? I've heard rumors that you and that Mirna girl are playing pool over at her place each night."

"You could say that." Maiso rubbed his head, slightly embarrassed. "I still don't understand it myself." He sat down next to Calvin and leaned back. "Life isn't easy, huh?"

Calvin prided himself in making innuendo that wasn't always noticeable. So, he was quite proud, knowing that his "playing pool" joke was seemingly not noticed by Maiso. Hell, it just meant he was getting slightly more subtle than before.

"You're right. This afterlife sucks balls." He grinned. "But it's not all too bad. Hell, even today I get the chance to get back at the VP for all the shit she's caused. I'm honestly looking forward to this fight."

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:"You could say that." Maiso rubbed his head, slightly embarrassed. "I still don't understand it myself." He sat down next to Calvin and leaned back. "Life isn't easy, huh?"

Calvin prided himself in making innuendo that wasn't always noticeable. So, he was quite proud, knowing that his "playing pool" joke was seemingly not noticed by Maiso. Hell, it just meant he was getting slightly more subtle than before.

"You're right. This afterlife sucks balls." He grinned. "But it's not all too bad. Hell, even today I get the chance to get back at the VP for all the shit she's caused. I'm honestly looking forward to this fight."

"Oh yeah." Masio looked at the matchups to see Calvin against Emily. "Here's something, throw out random numbers to her without any pattern. It bothers her to no end." Maiso chuckled a bit, knowing that he was giving Calvin a bit of an advantage. He liked him better than the ladies on the council though, even if he could be excessive at times.

"I'm fighting some girl named Rachael. Know anything about her? I have no idea who she is, but apparently she's a 5th year like me."
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Rachel saw her own match up on the board. An eyebrow raised. She had heard of Maiso, in fact he was in her class and she knew him from the Student council.

The SC members were supposed to be the elite of the student body apparently, so it made sense they were in this tournament. It would be hard, but Rachel wanted to win. She needed to win after the embarrassment of having her voice stolen by that little Geist after being bitten by it. Already people were beginning to tease her behind her back and say things like "Rachel, whats the mater, Geist got your tongue?" or "You got hurt by a little girl? I guess you bit off more than you could chew!".

She would have retorted, but talking has been rather painful for her the last few days. It was beginning to annoy her how many times she had to repeat herself to be heard.

She needed to do this, partially to vent pent up rage and partially to repair her wounded pride.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:12 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Isle of Lithonia wrote:Calvin prided himself in making innuendo that wasn't always noticeable. So, he was quite proud, knowing that his "playing pool" joke was seemingly not noticed by Maiso. Hell, it just meant he was getting slightly more subtle than before.

"Oh yeah." Masio looked at the matchups to see Calvin against Emily. "Here's something, throw out random numbers to her without any pattern. It bothers her to no end." Maiso chuckled a bit, knowing that he was giving Calvin a bit of an advantage. He liked him better than the ladies on the council though, even if he could be excessive at times.

"I'm fighting some girl named Rachael. Know anything about her? I have no idea who she is, but apparently she's a 5th year like me."

Calvin laughed. "Now that's some funny shit. I might just try it."

He thought for a moment. "Rachel? I don't really know anything about her. So obviously she's a bitch." He smiled at his own not-so-funny comment.

"So, what have you been up to lately, you bastard? I thought we'd keep in contact more often than we have been."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:36 am

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:"Oh yeah." Masio looked at the matchups to see Calvin against Emily. "Here's something, throw out random numbers to her without any pattern. It bothers her to no end." Maiso chuckled a bit, knowing that he was giving Calvin a bit of an advantage. He liked him better than the ladies on the council though, even if he could be excessive at times.

Calvin laughed. "Now that's some funny shit. I might just try it."

He thought for a moment. "Rachel? I don't really know anything about her. So obviously she's a bitch." He smiled at his own not-so-funny comment.

"So, what have you been up to lately, you bastard? I thought we'd keep in contact more often than we have been."

Rachel just noticed the two of them, knowing one of them was called Calvin and was known for being rebellious. They sat in the row in front of her, and as she listened to them talking, a certain remark caught her ear. A mixture of shame and anger came through, unsure of what to do, she leaned forward.

“Excuse me,” She interjected politely, a courteous smile hiding a boiling rage at this Calvin fellow. She was speaking loud enough to be heard by then two of them, painful for her after her poltergeist wound. Despite the fact that she was speaking politely, even seated she was intimidatingly tall. “I’m not a bitch and just because you don’t know me wouldn’t make me one.”
Last edited by Charmera on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Charmera wrote:Rachel just noticed the two of them, knowing one of them was called Calvin and was known for being rebellious. They sat in the row in front of her, and as she listened to them talking, a certain remark caught her ear. A mixture of shame and anger came through, unsure of what to do, she leaned forward.

“Excuse me,” She interjected politely, a courteous smile hiding a boiling rage at this Calvin fellow. She was speaking loud enough to be heard by then two of them, painful for her after her poltergeist wound. Despite the fact that she was speaking politely, even seated she was intimidatingly tall. “I’m not a bitch and just because you don’t know me wouldn’t make me one.”

Calvin leaned his head backwards until he was staring upside down at the bitch. "Oh, I remember now, Maiso. She's pretty tall, redheaded, and something of a looker. But don't worry, she's one of those arrogant, stuck-up, honor-bound types, so you should be able to use that to your advantage. But don't let appearances fool you, she's almost as intelligent as I am."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
Charmera wrote:Rachel just noticed the two of them, knowing one of them was called Calvin and was known for being rebellious. They sat in the row in front of her, and as she listened to them talking, a certain remark caught her ear. A mixture of shame and anger came through, unsure of what to do, she leaned forward.

Calvin leaned his head backwards until he was staring upside down at the bitch. "Oh, I remember now, Maiso. She's pretty tall, redheaded, and something of a looker. But don't worry, she's one of those arrogant, stuck-up, honor-bound types, so you should be able to use that to your advantage. But don't let appearances fool you, she's almost as intelligent as I am."

The polite grin widened, more of a cocky one now. "Intelligent enough to perform the operations required to remove your head from your anal passage, Calvin was it? And I'm not honor-bound enough to refuse cracking a few skulls." She quipped, then her smile became a little warmer. "I think I met Maiso once, though it was probably in my first year or something." She briefly coughed, talking causing her physical pain, which one could notice. "Well, either way you should prove to be a good opponent."

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:35 am

Charmera wrote:The polite grin widened, more of a cocky one now. "Intelligent enough to perform the operations required to remove your head from your anal passage, Calvin was it? And I'm not honor-bound enough to refuse cracking a few skulls." She quipped, then her smile became a little warmer. "I think I met Maiso once, though it was probably in my first year or something." She briefly coughed, talking causing her physical pain, which one could notice. "Well, either way you should prove to be a good opponent."

Calvin stared intently at the girl for a moment, scratching his chin. His eyes widened in feigned shock as if he had just been enlightened. "Oh my god, you're Rachel!"

He clasped his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. "Just don't be too rough with Maiso. He might actually get serious and then beat the living shit out of you."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:16 am

Isle of Lithonia wrote:
Charmera wrote:The polite grin widened, more of a cocky one now. "Intelligent enough to perform the operations required to remove your head from your anal passage, Calvin was it? And I'm not honor-bound enough to refuse cracking a few skulls." She quipped, then her smile became a little warmer. "I think I met Maiso once, though it was probably in my first year or something." She briefly coughed, talking causing her physical pain, which one could notice. "Well, either way you should prove to be a good opponent."

Calvin stared intently at the girl for a moment, scratching his chin. His eyes widened in feigned shock as if he had just been enlightened. "Oh my god, you're Rachel!"

He clasped his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. "Just don't be too rough with Maiso. He might actually get serious and then beat the living shit out of you."

"Indeed I am. So good of you to finally notice." She replied sarcastically. "Though perhaps you were having trouble recognizing me because you head went up deeper into your body. You should really get that checked by a doctor."

"You don't have to worry about me." she responded in an irritated tone, almost offended, before another coughing fit this one with greater intensity. t "I'm not weak. I am a reaper after all. Besides, I wouldn't have signed up for this if I had no chance of winning."
Last edited by Charmera on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse