NATION

PASSWORD

Crows and Crescents [2014 Modern MidEast RP] [OOC/Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Should we Postpone the RP until everyone has more time to RP?

Yes, we should.
53%
No, we shouldn't.
27%
Kumquat
20%

Total votes : 15

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Crows and Crescents [2014 Modern MidEast RP] [OOC/Signup]

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Crows and Crescents - Modern RP
Credit to Bujahla for the base of the Format

Links:
General IC|Battle Thread | OOC

OP Board:
OP: Rephesus
Co-OP: G-Tech Corporation

OP Directives
OP Directive: Courtesy of Bujahla

Description of RP

Welcome to Crows and Crescents, a modern world RP based on the current conflicts in Iraq and Syria. With the current geopolitical balance, the various factions in this powder-keg of the world and the conflicting sides of a seemingly endless conflict, we bring ourselves to an impasse, which is where you, the player, comes in. Take the reigns of a nation, faction or movement and send ripples through the world as we know it, with this middle-east centric RP, you are able to combine the power that comes with the Islamic Ideology, the conflict of ethnic groups like the Kurds, Turks, Assyrians, Persians and Arabs, while looking at the sheer strength vested in corporate capital, in this case, Oil.

Application Process

The application process on this RP is quite different from most RPs, unlike others Reservations are not definite, this is to avoid inexperienced or undesirable players from blocking others from creating potentially inspiring nations, you can still make reservations but the OP can overturn them.

Reservations are allowed, however others are allowed to apply for reserved regions, the better application will take precedence. Co-OP's can accept reservations as well as apps.

NOTE: Only certain nations relevant to the RP will be accepted. If your nation/faction is listed below feel free to apply. Otherwise get OP permission first.
-USA
-UK
-France
-Russia
-India
-Pakistan
-Iran
-Saudi Arabia
-Kuwait
-Bahrain
-UAE
-Yemen
-Oman
-Turkey
-Israel
-Palestine
-Egypt
-Assad's Syria
-FSA
-Kurdistan
-Baghdad Gov't
-ISIS
-Jordan
-Lebanon
-Assorted Jihadists
-Libya
-Somalia
-Sudan
-South Sudan
-Ethiopia
-Afghanistan
-China
-Armenia
-Azerbaijan
-Greece
-Djibouti
-Eritrea

Faction/Movement Application
Code: Select all
[box][b][size=150]Nation Info: [/size][/b]
    [b]Faction Name:[/b] (FORMAL NAME ONLY)
    [b]De Facto Leader:[/b]

[b]Administration [How are decisions made]:[/b]
    [b]Ideology:[/b] (Political, not economic)
    [b]Foreign Policy:[/b] (How does your nation see the world? What is its stance or position on issues outside its country?) [Make sure to address relations with The West, Iraq/Syria and factions]

[b]Military Size:[/b] [Be Realistic]
    [b]Military Goals:[/b]
    [b]Primary Equipment:[/b]

[b]Goals for this Faction:[/b]

[b][size=150]RP Experience:[/size][/b]
    [b]RP's you are currently in:[/b]
    [b]Link to best (or good) RP sample:[/b] (is required)
    [b]How active will you be?:[/b]
    [b]Why'd you choose this faction?[/b]
    429  - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.[/box]

Nation Application:
[box][b][size=150]Nation Info: [/size][/b]
    [b]Nation Name:[/b] (FORMAL NAME ONLY)
    [b]Head of State:[/b]
    [b]Head of Government:[/b]

[b]Government Form:[/b]
    [b]Ideology:[/b] (Political, not economic)
    [b]Foreign Policy:[/b] (How does your nation see the world? What is its stance or position on issues outside its country?) [Make sure to address relations with The West, Iraq/Syria and factions]

[b]Military Size:[/b] [Be Realistic]
    [b]Military Goals:[/b]
    [b]Primary Equipment:[/b]

[b]Goals for this Nation:[/b]

[b][size=150]RP Experience:[/size][/b]
    [b]RP's you are currently in:[/b]
    [b]Link to best (or good) RP sample:[/b] (is required)
    [b]How active will you be?:[/b]
    [b]Why'd you choose this nation?[/b]
    429  - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.[/box]

Submissions App:
Simple and easy to fill out, this is to request a 'random event'.
[box][b][size=150]Submissions App:[/size][/b]
    [b]What is the idea?:[/b] NPC War/ crisis / new political party / other major event
    [b]Description of the story:[/b]
    [b]Roots of the idea:[/b]
    [b]Why we should accept it:[/b]
    [/box]

Rules
Most of the rules are quite self-explanatory. Things like no god modding and such are in the spoiler.

Timescale:
In this RP the focus is on the actual conflict. Everything from Espionage, to firefights, to terrorism and intervention will be progressed as seen fit. Date your posts, OP/Co-OP reserve the right to change the date/time of your post.

Historical Accuracy:
Since this is a modern RP, you will be using the RL history/statistics

Waging War:
Any conflict that is started must be waged reasonably and realistically. Also be aware of the terrian you are invading as that is a determining factor in battles. Troop mobilization on a nationwide scale takes time as well, at the very least two weeks for the most advanced nations just in the home region. Most of your conflicts will be with neighbours, and those of opposing ideology.

Technology:
For the purposes of this RP, certain nations will have larger numbers and worse tech at their disposal [for example, Iraqi Government] and others the opposite, small numbers and advanced tech [ie Israel]. Global powers like the US will be able to dispatch troops, but remember that you can't send very many and it will hurt both your morale and your political standing, especially if your nation just withdrew.

Know How to Lose:
If you lose, say good game and go on. Feel free to reapply for something else. Don't be a dick about this, do not try and force victory in the face of defeat. RP Realistically, I have far more respect for those who don't powergame their way through the RP.

Meta-Gaming:
What is meta-gaming? If something is talked about in OOC, for example a invasion plan for Afghanistan. I don't want someone going in there and placing troops in the way of the plan just from what they read in OOC. DO NOT METAGAME.

Bio/Chem/Nuclear Warfare:
Absolutely prohibited unless explicitly allowed by the OP beforehand. Chemical and Biological warfare must be OP Approved beforehand.

UN
The United Nations will have a marginalized role in this RP solely because we wont have a full elect of nations to vote on issues. If all P5 members are taken, then the UNSC will be set up, otherwise its assumed opponents (Russia-West) will veto like RL.

Needing OP help:
If so, use these tags in your posts:
- 429 - Application or App assistance
- 465 - Reservation*
- 411 - Questions or concerns
- 911 - Emergency that needs OP resolution
- 365 - Reporting rule violations (godmodding, metagaming, etc.)

Post Quality:
Please do not post one liners! two liners! or three liners! These posts can be so much better and it degrades the quality of the RP and your reputation when you make such small posts. Please step it up. As well, please don't gigantic (900 pixel) flags as well. Keep them to a modest size.

Basic Forum Etiquette:
Simple forum etiquette applies here as it does everywhere else. This means following the standard rules.

Rule Violations:
From here on out, all violations of the rules need-to-be/should-be reported using the following code. If someone god mods or meta games, report it. Don't just wag a finger, actually say what they did, where it was wrong, and what should be done. Should the person be kicked? Should we restart the RP? What needs to happen?

[b][u]Who did it:[/u][/b]
[b][u]What did they do:[/u][/b] (Godmod, meta game, etc.)
[b][u]Links to the post:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Brief Description of why it is godmoding/metagaming/etc.:[/u][/b]
[b][u]What should be done:[/u][/b]
365 - do not remove tracking purposes

Last edited by Rephesus on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Roster

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Last edited by Rephesus on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Nation Info:
Faction Name: Kurdistan [Iraqi, Syrian, Turkish, Iranian]
De Facto Leader:Massoud Barzani, President of Iraqi Kurdistan

Administration [How are decisions made]: In Iran, Kurdistan remains unrecognized, all Iranian laws remain, however local government does exist. In Syria, the Kurdistani Military controls Syrian Kurdistan and administrates it. In Turkey, the semi-autonomous community is governed under Turkey's laws with a great deal of input from the Kurdistan Worker's Party [PKK]
Ideology: Generally, Libertarian/soft-islamist.
Foreign Policy: Iraqi Kurdistan is very Pro-West, whereas Iranian Kurdistan is more Islamist. Iraqi Kurdistan has good relations with Turkey and Israel along with the West but has poor relations with Iran and Syrian Kurdistan. All Kurdistans have bad relations with Iran and Syria. Turkish Kurdistan is increasingly more pro-west, but still harbours a very Turko-skeptic position, with a strong pro-Armenian sentiment. Iranian Kurdistan is hardly recognized, but has a relationship with both Iraqi Kurdistan, Iraq and Azerbaijan. All Kurdistan is heavily opposes to the ISIS and Al-Quaeda

Military Size: 200,000+ Peshmerga, 50,000+ Popular Protection Units, 10,000 Jabhat al-Akrad, 15,000 PKK, 5,000+ PJAK
Military Goals: Fight off ISIS and other rivals, gain military supremacy, obtain US, French and Israeli arms.
Primary Equipment: AK-47, PKM, RPG-7, Humvee, ZU-23-2 [Mostly Soviet Era surplus, some US/Turkish equipment. Small stores of Israeli equipment]

Goals for this Faction: Unite Kurdistan into one nation, gain international recognition, be able to govern as a sovereign state, push the ISIS out of Kurdistan.

RP Experience: N/A [OP]
RP's you are currently in: N/A [OP]
Link to best (or good) RP sample: N/A [OP]
How active will you be?: I hope to post atleast 3 times weekly.
Why'd you choose this faction? I've always had a fasciation with Kurdistan, it just seemed like the opportune moment.
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
Last edited by Rephesus on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Top of the morning, lads. I'm looking for great things from y'all, and reserving Jordan.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saragrossa
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saragrossa » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Reserve ISIS.
" For Death & Glory "
Factbook of Saragrossa

Political Compass;

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Reserve France
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Would it be possible to be - Bundesrepublik Deutschland? They did deploy troops to Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:22 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Would it be possible to be - Bundesrepublik Deutschland? They did deploy troops to Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.

I'm still wary of opening up the RP to Afghanistan.

Germany would be a good nation to have, my reservation is however that we would already have 3 NATO nations [France, UK, US]. Would you be willing to RP one of those? [France is reserved]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Rephesus wrote:
The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Would it be possible to be - Bundesrepublik Deutschland? They did deploy troops to Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.

I'm still wary of opening up the RP to Afghanistan.

Germany would be a good nation to have, my reservation is however that we would already have 3 NATO nations [France, UK, US]. Would you be willing to RP one of those? [France is reserved]

I suppose I could give the UK a bash.

Kargintina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Reserve Kurdistan, would it go under nation or movement?

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Ill tackle Lebanon
I'm really tired

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:27 pm

I take it we're being completely historical up to this point, right?

Eg - David Cameron is still PM of the UK, etc?

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Kargintina wrote:Reserve Kurdistan, would it go under nation or movement?

Faction, and I'm afraid I'm RPing Kurdistan.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:I take it we're being completely historical up to this point, right?

Eg - David Cameron is still PM of the UK, etc?

That's correct. If an election is coming up, or if you have the power to make one (E.g. Minority gov't, non-confindence vote) then you can.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Shall I be the US? I think I shall. Reserve me it. Will post app in near future.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Nation Info:
Nation Name: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Head of State: Queen Elizabeth II.
Head of Government: David Cameron.

Government Form: Constitutional Monarchy.
Ideology: Socially and economically conservative.
Foreign Policy: The United Kingdom is frequently cited as being 'The United States' lap-dog', blindly following it into various, un-winnable conflicts across the globe, including the Iraq and Afghan conflicts which are still raging on to this day. Initially, the United Kingdom had taken up the role of arms-dealer for the Free Syrian Army, but with the sudden explosion of Islamic extremism in the Syrian conflict, the United Kingdom has made the decision to temporarily cancel it's weapon shipments to the F.S.A. so that it may re-evaluate it's position in the middle east.

Military Size: Active: 205,850. Reserves: 181,720.
Military Goals: Ensure British assets in the middle-east are maintained and ensure stability in the middle east through the use of military strength or political influence. It is hoped that such stability can be achieved through diplomatic channels, entering negotiations with the various parties involved in the destabilization and hoping to come to some form of arrangement to conclude the struggle. The British Army also hopes to see a full with-drawl from it's middle eastern bases in Afghanistan and Oman (GCHQ has a base in Oman).
Primary Equipment: L85A1 IW (SA80) "bullpup", Sharpshooter Rifle L129A1, Next-generation Light Anti-tank Weapon (NLAW), FV 4034 Challenger 2 Battle Tank, FV 510 Warrior (IFV) & Apache AH1 (Attack Helicopter).

Goals for this Nation: See military goals. (As Great Britain is out-with the main combat zone, I can't really see my goals being anything but what I've stated for my military).

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in: The End. & A meeting with the Massanis.
Link to best (or good) RP sample: The RP I've posted the most in.
How active will you be?: As active as possible.
Why'd you choose this nation? It's where I'm from, so I feel that I have a decent knowledge as to how it works. Plus, it was needed.
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:46 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:
Nation Info:

Please expand on goals, also I meant the total military number http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Armed_Forces

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Rephesus wrote:
Nation Info:

Please expand on goals, also I meant the total military number http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Armed_Forces

Troop numbers corrected, I wasn't sure what to add for goals, so I've expanded it a tad.

Saragrossa
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saragrossa » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Nation Info:
Faction Name: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham also known as " ISIS "
De Facto Leader: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi - " Ibrahim "

Administration [How are decisions made]: High level operations and stragety is made by Ibrahim - or Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi however splinter cells and regional commanders take care of the day to day
Ideology: Establish a one world caliphate and ensure all infidels both christian/jew/shi'ite Muslims are killed or converted.
Foreign Policy: ISIS has rocky connections since they are a anti-western and anti-foreign power nation but they received aid from the USA to fight Assad's government so they will take whatever they can get to make sure the end product is the same.

Military Size: 57,000 Men split between Syria/Iraq with 20,000 Fighters while the rest are logistics and other support
Military Goals: Crush Assad and Iraq governments and establish a Muslim caliphate
Primary Equipment:
ISIS members have been seen wearing the standard US Army Combat Uniform along with Interceptor body armor. For night raids, AN/PVS-7 night vision goggles worn with PASGT helmets are used. Some of the weapons used are M16 rifles, M4 carbines, M203 grenade launchers, M60 machine guns, M240 machine guns, RPGs, and surface-to-air Stinger missiles;[114] vehicles used include Humvees, AMZ Dziks, MT-LBs, M1117s,[115] M113 APCs and several T-55 tanks and T-72 tanks.[116] and BREM-1 Recovery Vehicles.[117] During the 2014 Northern Iraq offensive, ISIS raided Iraqi Army bases and captured M198 howitzers,[118] Type 59-1 artillery guns, DShK guns mounted on trucks, ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft guns,[119][120] 2S1 Gvozdika self-propelled guns and at least one Scud missile.[121]

When ISIS captured Mosul Airport in June 2014, it seized a number of UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters and cargo planes that were stationed there

Goals for this Nation:

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in: New Imperialism, A Toss of Power,
Link to best (or good) RP sample:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=277021

How active will you be?: A post a day or two, can be very active
Why'd you choose this nation? Because I like to be devils advocate

RP Experience: You know me ;P
Last edited by Saragrossa on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
" For Death & Glory "
Factbook of Saragrossa

Political Compass;

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Saragrossa wrote:[box]Nation Info:
Faction Name: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham also known as " ISIS "
De Facto Leader: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi - " Ibrahim "

Administration [How are decisions made]: High level operations and stragety is made by Ibrahim - or Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi however splinter cells and regional commanders take care of the day to day
Ideology: Establish a one world caliphate and ensure all infidels both christian/jew/shi'ite Muslims are killed or converted.
Foreign Policy: ISIS has rocky connections since they are a anti-western and anti-foreign power nation but they received aid from the USA to fight Assad's government so they will take whatever they can get to make sure the end product is the same.

Military Size: 57,000 Men split between Syria/Iraq with 20,000 Fighters while the rest are logistics and other support
Military Goals: Crush Assad and Iraq governments and establish a Muslim caliphate
Primary Equipment:
ISIS members have been seen wearing the standard US Army Combat Uniform along with Interceptor body armor. For night raids, AN/PVS-7 night vision goggles worn with PASGT helmets are used. Some of the weapons used are M16 rifles, M4 carbines, M203 grenade launchers, M60 machine guns, M240 machine guns, RPGs, and surface-to-air Stinger missiles;[114] vehicles used include Humvees, AMZ Dziks, MT-LBs, M1117s,[115] M113 APCs and several T-55 tanks and T-72 tanks.[116] and BREM-1 Recovery Vehicles.[117] During the 2014 Northern Iraq offensive, ISIS raided Iraqi Army bases and captured M198 howitzers,[118] Type 59-1 artillery guns, DShK guns mounted on trucks, ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft guns,[119][120] 2S1 Gvozdika self-propelled guns and at least one Scud missile.[121]

When ISIS captured Mosul Airport in June 2014, it seized a number of UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters and cargo planes that were stationed there

Goals for this Faction: Defeat regional powers and establish its solidarity in the middle east.

RP Experience: You know me ;P

For RP experience, I need to know what other RPs you are in. Also I'd like you to fix the format box because eyesore :P

The rest looks decent.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Nation Info:
Head of State: Queen Elizabeth II.
Head of Government: David Cameron.

Government Form: Constitutional Monarchy.
Ideology: Socially and economically conservative.
Foreign Policy: The United Kingdom is frequently cited as being 'The United States' lap-dog', blindly following it into various, un-winnable conflicts across the globe, including the Iraq and Afghan conflicts which are still raging on to this day. Initially, the United Kingdom had taken up the role of arms-dealer for the Free Syrian Army, but with the sudden explosion of Islamic extremism in the Syrian conflict, the United Kingdom has made the decision to temporarily cancel it's weapon shipments to the F.S.A. so that it may re-evaluate it's position in the middle east.

Military Size: Active: 205,850. Reserves: 181,720.
Military Goals: Ensure British assets in the middle-east are maintained and ensure stability in the middle east through the use of military strength or political influence. It is hoped that such stability can be achieved through diplomatic channels, entering negotiations with the various parties involved in the destabilization and hoping to come to some form of arrangement to conclude the struggle. The British Army also hopes to see a full with-drawl from it's middle eastern bases in Afghanistan and Oman (GCHQ has a base in Oman).
Primary Equipment: L85A1 IW (SA80) "bullpup", Sharpshooter Rifle L129A1, Next-generation Light Anti-tank Weapon (NLAW), FV 4034 Challenger 2 Battle Tank, FV 510 Warrior (IFV) & Apache AH1 (Attack Helicopter).

Goals for this Nation: See military goals. (As Great Britain is out-with the main combat zone, I can't really see my goals being anything but what I've stated for my military).

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in: The End. & A meeting with the Massanis.
Link to best (or good) RP sample: The RP I've posted the most in.
How active will you be?: As active as possible.
Why'd you choose this nation? It's where I'm from, so I feel that I have a decent knowledge as to how it works. Plus, it was needed.

Accepted.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Bujahla wrote:Shall I be the US? I think I shall. Reserve me it. Will post app in near future.

I'm looking forward to it Buja :P

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Now, to be China, or the usual Iran, or the Bagdhad Iraqi government?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Now, to be China, or the usual Iran, or the Bagdhad Iraqi government?

If you're China, you wont exactly have much to do other than UN, possible funding of groups, and possibly fighting pirates. Our Iraq player will be dealing with a lot more, because of the actual conflict, and I'd need a trusted player (Such as yourself) in their position. Iran would be either possible intervention, likely funding, and it's very probably that they'll be fighting Kurds. (Because no, I don't intend on letting Iranian Kurdistan go :P )

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Rephesus wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Now, to be China, or the usual Iran, or the Bagdhad Iraqi government?

If you're China, you wont exactly have much to do other than UN, possible funding of groups, and possibly fighting pirates. Our Iraq player will be dealing with a lot more, because of the actual conflict, and I'd need a trusted player (Such as yourself) in their position. Iran would be either possible intervention, likely funding, and it's very probably that they'll be fighting Kurds. (Because no, I don't intend on letting Iranian Kurdistan go :P )

Let me see the state of Iraq's military at the moment. I'll decide after that.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Nation Info:
Faction Name: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS)
De Facto Leader: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

Administration: Mostly Abu's will. But high ranking officers can make decisions too.
Ideology: Jihad! Kill the infidels (pretty much)
Foreign Policy: Extreme anti-Americanist. If you are USA, Russia, Iraq, Syria, etc., we won't like your presence. If the USA keeps trying to "help" Iraqi forces (which obviously surrender to us willingly), then we will kill American executives in Iraq and ISIS controlled Syria.

Military Size: Honestly, I tried, I can't find a number. What do you think is realistic? The do control all of northern Iraq and norh-eastern Syria.
Military Goals: The unify Syria and Iraq under a single Islamic Caliphate!
Primary Equipment: Iraqi/American guns and ammo stolen from cities and abandoned military bases. Or given over in surrenders of Iraqi forces. America left a LOT of equipment in Iraq. And now a large percentage of it is ours!

Goals for this Faction: Military dominance over Middle East.

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in: HoE II
Link to best (or good) RP sample:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=254627&hilit=God
How active will you be?: Likely an IC post every few days.
Why'd you choose this faction? Because I've been intrigued by ISIS and their goals since they began to take large swaths of Iraq.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse