NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Diamond Alliance Treaty (Invite Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Leydenites
Secretary

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Black Diamond Alliance Treaty (Invite Only)

Postby Leydenites » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:57 pm

"It is high time we made this alliance official" Jaberin shouted in the diamonds senate building. "We need to show the world that The Diamond Alliance" Jaberin pauses and quickly rethinks then says "Sorry The Black Diamond Alliance is the real deal and is not just a fairy tale!" Jaberin paused for effect. "If we are to make this work we need to come up with some guid lines for this Alliance to follow or we shall fall apart. I have taken the liberty of creating a crest it is still a working progress but it is a start."
Last edited by Leydenites on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed: Jaberin Lane

Leader of:Leydenites

Founder of: The Black Diamond

Betterthanu Topia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Betterthanu Topia » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Supreme Leader General el Presidente stands up from his leather chair. Fixes his tie and looks down on his gold Rolex watch. Then announces,
"The first part of the Black Diamond Alliance Treaty is that war cannot be declared within the nations of the Black Diamond unless there is a worthy reasoning or declaring war on other nations outside of the region. I think I speak for everyone in this room, as most of us have been on the verge of starting a war with one another."
He then sits down, taking a quick sip of the champagne bottle on his right. Then starts typing on his Apple Laptop, waiting to see what the other Leaders have to say.
Last edited by Betterthanu Topia on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Levitation
Lobbyist

Founded: May 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Levitation » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Vinci Cuotl sips his famous Black Panther Cocktail, putting it down he states "A nation cannot claim sections of territory be it in space, or on a mass without consenting the two main nations of the region or the senate." he stares around the room to see if anyone will contest his rule which he has stated.
Last edited by Levitation on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Levitation
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Levitation » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Getting another rule in his head Vinci states "Due to recent events in a nation, a nation is not allowed to become an psychotic dictatorship." Standing up with eyes burning into the other people in the senate he finishes "If this does happen it should try to improve as quickly as it can, if not there is no improvement, there is a reason for war or/and the removal from the region." sitting down he seems quite pleased with himself in the hope he scared the other leaders into not becoming pyschotic.
Last edited by Levitation on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Levitation
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Levitation » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:00 am

Betterthanu Topia wrote:War cannot be declared within the nations of the Black Diamond
>more to come< 8)
The rule should state anyone in the treaty not The Black Diamond because either a new nation joins the region that does not sign the treaty or an allied nation might sign the treaty at a later date that is not in the region, like maybe on of our puppet nations

Hail Fire Land
Civil Servant

Founded: May 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hail Fire Land » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:34 am

Levitation wrote:
Betterthanu Topia wrote:War cannot be declared within the nations of the Black Diamond
>more to come< 8)
The rule should state anyone in the treaty not The Black Diamond because either a new nation joins the region that does not sign the treaty or an allied nation might sign the treaty at a later date that is not in the region, like maybe on of our puppet nations

Agreed.

Patenants
Lobbyist

Founded: May 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patenants » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Prime Minister Josh Housing walks into the room. "Forgive me for being so late to the discussion," he said politely, "but I've been quite busy in the affairs of my nation. After hearing some of the rules already established within the treaty I decided it would be best to expand upon Betterthanu Topia's rule of no Psychotic Dictatorships, and mention that all nations within The Black Diamond are forbidden from becoming an Anarchy as well." Josh Housing paused in order to allow the idea to sink in. "I hope this rule is beneficial to you in the construction of the treaty."

Levitation
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Levitation » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Patenants wrote:" all nations within The Black Diamond are forbidden from becoming an Anarchy as well."
Vinci Stares at confusion towards Josh and asks, "Please explain why a nation cannot become an Anarchy, it is simply a nation with high civil and political rights where the citizens don't like the current government." Vinci sits down in hope he could get a straight answer due to his nation being very close to becoming an Anarchy

Patenants
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Patenants » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Josh Housing bit his lip. "I figured that since we are banning one extreme we might as well ban the other. Each extremes have their own national advantages and disadvantages after all." Josh picked up a glass of water and took a quick sip. "Besides, I think considering the state of both of our governments you would understand the need for this rule."

Levitation
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Levitation » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:53 am

Vinci chuckles slightly as he stood and he spoke, "In this galaxy of Nationstates anarchy does not live up to its name most of the categories don't it is merely to show how much each of our nations have given our citizens with civil and political rights, which means there will be no major rights and killing of government officials but just to show you care about your citizens by giving them rights in their lives. so I hope to have your rule provoked Josh but to keep mine on psychotic dictatorships because it shows a nation has no care for its citizens." Vinic tried to slow his heart rate by taking another sip of his cocktail after he had sat down, in the hope that the other officials would agree.

Hail Fire Land
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hail Fire Land » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:38 am

Levitation wrote:Vinci chuckles slightly as he stood and he spoke, "In this galaxy of Nationstates anarchy does not live up to its name most of the categories don't it is merely to show how much each of our nations have given our citizens with civil and political rights, which means there will be no major rights and killing of government officials but just to show you care about your citizens by giving them rights in their lives. so I hope to have your rule provoked Josh but to keep mine on psychotic dictatorships because it shows a nation has no care for its citizens." Vinic tried to slow his heart rate by taking another sip of his cocktail after he had sat down, in the hope that the other officials would agree.

Anivia walks in and addresses the congress:
"I must concur with the Mr. Vinci; it would seem the term 'anarchy' would be a misleading due to the labeling structure of the rights system. Although it would seem law enforcement is lacking due to the given term 'anarchy', the label actually indicates the presence of high personal, political, and economic freedoms. When catergorising a nation's type it would seem that law enforcement, of major criminal offenses, is not taken into account; only the three freedoms formerly discussed are. Perhaps you would endeavor to further your arguement Mr. Housing."

Leydenites
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Leydenites » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Supreme Leader General el Presidente stands up from his leather chair. Fixes his tie and looks down on his gold Rolex watch. Then announces,
"The first part of the Black Diamond Alliance Treaty is that war cannot be declared within the nations of the Black Diamond unless there is a worthy reasoning or declaring war on other nations outside of the region. I think I speak for everyone in this room, as most of us have been on the verge of starting a war with one another."
He then sits down, taking a quick sip of the champagne bottle on his right. Then starts typing on his Apple Laptop, waiting to see what the other Leaders have to say.

Jaberin stands up to comment on what has recently been discused in the senate building. "I am Happy we all are happy with creating a treaty to state our allience and I fully back the Supreme Leader General el Presidente and fully except Vinci stated erlier that we should not attack anyone in this treaty. Anyone who is not in the treaty may be attacked under good reasions."

Hail Fire Land
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hail Fire Land » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Leydenites wrote:Jaberin stands up to comment on what has recently been discused in the senate building. "I am Happy we all are happy with creating a treaty to state our allience and I fully back the Supreme Leader General el Presidente and fully except Vinci stated erlier that we should not attack anyone in this treaty. Anyone who is not in the treaty may be attacked under good reasions."

Anivia rises from her seating to question the senate:
"I agree with the previous statements, although I must ask: Who determines whether it is right to wage war or not?
I propose that we create a council of 3 nations that are decided either by:

being voted in through a preferential democratic system where 4 preferences are voted for
OR
being classified as according to the average of the combined: political rights, civil rights and economy."
Last edited by Hail Fire Land on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Levitation
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Levitation » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Hail Fire Land wrote:Anivia rises from her seating to question the senate:
"I agree with the previous statements, although I must ask: Who determines whether it is right to wage war or not?
being voted in through a preferential democratic system where 4 preferences are voted for or
being classified as according to the average of the combined: political rights, civil rights and economy."
"I disagree, that there should be a council at all."
Last edited by Levitation on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Tutonia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 19, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Tutonia » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Hail Fire Land wrote:
Leydenites wrote:Jaberin stands up to comment on what has recently been discused in the senate building. "I am Happy we all are happy with creating a treaty to state our alliance and I fully back the Supreme Leader General el Presidente and fully except Vinci stated erlier that we should not attack anyone in this treaty. Anyone who is not in the treaty may be attacked under good reasons."

Anivia rises from her seating to question the senate:
being voted in through a preferential democratic system where 4 preferences are voted for or

After being silent for most of the meeting, Xavier Prejudice of The Tutonia stands "I agree with what Jaberin has to say. I completely disagree with what you said Anivia. There is no need to create a council of three nations because we have the senate for that. In order you answer your question everybody in the Black Diamond alliance together discusses the issue and reasons for declaring war, then we decide as an alliance whether or not to declare war on the nation." Xavier pauses in order to let that sink in. "I hope that is fine with everybody else" he casually sits back down.
Last edited by The Tutonia on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hail Fire Land
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hail Fire Land » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:24 pm

The Tutonia wrote:After being silent for most of the meeting, Xavier Prejudice of The Tutonia stands "I agree with what Jaberin has to say. I completely disagree with what you said Anivia. There is no need to create a council of three nations because we have the senate for that. In order you answer your question everybody in the Black Diamond alliance together discusses the issue and reasons for declaring war, then we decide as an alliance whether or not to declare war on the nation." Xavier pauses in order to let that sink in. "I hope that is fine with everybody else" he casually sits back down.

"In what matter shall we create swift, efficient answers to proposals and uprisings. As you may note, many of our fellow leaders are NOT participating within the current DISCUSSIONS at hand and show little indication of doing otherwise.
How can we rely on a majority vote when doing so would impose poor time constraint for the people to answer large issues?
As you may note during the Black Diamond's first voting procedure it took approximately a week for most to vote."

Betterthanu Topia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Betterthanu Topia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:56 pm

el Presidente takes another sip of his champagne of glass and stood up. He then spoke after hearing the irritating voice of Hail Fire.
"After hearing what people have said so far, as well as what the leader of Hail Fire has said, I have come up with a solution.
To make thing more efficient is that the leader of Leydenite has to make it easier for all nations to have access to the forum link.
For me to access it today, I had to scroll up passing all the comments that came up after the link was posted."
El Presidente looked around the room and concluded with a little joke before he sat down, "After hearing the 'wise words' from the leader of Hail Fire, I have come with another solution that to make the voting more efficient, we should kick out Hail Fire because of his ludicrous idea of having 3 leaders taking the voting."

He then sat down with a smile on his face.
Last edited by Betterthanu Topia on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Tutonia
Lobbyist

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Tutonia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:06 pm

Xavier Prejudice stands up to speak once again. "I propose that the Black Diamond Alliance must always remain a True DEMOCRACY." Xavier glaces at Anivia of Hail Fire Land. "In addition to this any leader that does not reply to an issue within 30 days is left out of the decision making to improve efficiency."

The Tutonia
Lobbyist

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Tutonia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:13 pm

As Xavier is about to sit back down he thinks of something to add to the treaty. "I propose that there be a separate island for the members of the Black Diamond alliance to have simulated wars against each other." Xavier grins at Jaberin as he takes his seat.

Leydenites
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Leydenites » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:49 pm

After listening to the talk on the treaty Jaberin stands up in agreament with The Tutonia."I must say this is a grand idea to put aside one island for military training. I do back this proposal." Then when everyone thought he was finished he gave a quick shout."BUT!!! the idea that Hail Fire Land gave on dividing the senate and only having 3 nations to vote is not the best way to handel voting delay. Everyone needs to have a say otherwise we are not a democracy. Everyone needs a vote we just need to put in place a time limit befor it is final or just have majority rules." After this Jaberin retook his seat to listen to what the other leaders had to say.
Last edited by Leydenites on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Patenants
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Patenants » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:58 am

Josh Housing set down both his reading glasses and iPad and stood up. "I agree with the idea for one of the islands being set apart for wars as well as disagree with the council proposal for the reasons stated previously." Turning towards Anivia and Vinci he continued. "After much research I also agree with the reasons you have put against my anarchy rule, and subsequently withdraw the suggestion." Josh briefly smirked to himself at his increasingly sophisticated language as he turned back towards the senate. "I do think however that this discussion is lacking structure. Therefore I believe that we should first decide on specifically what aspects of national and international relations we need to cover in this treaty, so that we can gain a clearer idea of where we should be heading. We've already discussed War, the Senate and the way we should be treating our nations, but we have not thought about aspects such as who should be allowed into the Black Diamond and how we handle them. Does anyone else have any further topics that they believe we need to discuss?" Josh Housing sat back down and continued his research on his iPad.

Hail Fire Land
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hail Fire Land » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:13 am

Betterthanu Topia wrote:el Presidente takes another sip of his champagne of glass and stood up. He then spoke after hearing the irritating voice of Hail Fire.
"After hearing what people have said so far, as well as what the leader of Hail Fire has said, I have come up with a solution.
To make thing more efficient is that the leader of Leydenite has to make it easier for all nations to have access to the forum link.
For me to access it today, I had to scroll up passing all the comments that came up after the link was posted."
El Presidente looked around the room and concluded with a little joke before he sat down, "After hearing the 'wise words' from the leader of Hail Fire, I have come with another solution that to make the voting more efficient, we should kick out Hail Fire because of his ludicrous idea of having 3 leaders taking the voting."

He then sat down with a smile on his face.

Anivia looks sternly upon el Presidante and says:
"I would question of what of one's professional standing within the Black Diamond may be when such a leader as yourself cannot perform in an orderly demeanor; examples of which may be seen when:
using sarcasm in an attempt to rebut a valid proposal and,
regarding another leader as though their name is that of their country...
It would be recommended to refine one's language, and use of it, before engaging in such a conduct as deciding in the future of the Black Diamond and all nations within."
Last edited by Hail Fire Land on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hail Fire Land
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hail Fire Land » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:25 am

The Tutonia wrote:Xavier Prejudice stands up to speak once again. "I propose that the Black Diamond Alliance must always remain a True DEMOCRACY." Xavier glaces at Anivia of Hail Fire Land. "In addition to this any leader that does not reply to an issue within 30 days is left out of the decision making to improve efficiency."

Anivia returns her gaze to regard the senate:
"Considering the time frames it would take to make an efficient decision, and to ensure that those need our assistance are helped as quickly as possible, I propose we shorten this time to 7 days.
With the any posting in any decision resetting a 7-day timer."
Last edited by Hail Fire Land on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hail Fire Land
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hail Fire Land » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:05 am

The Tutonia wrote:As Xavier is about to sit back down he thinks of something to add to the treaty. "I propose that there be a separate island for the members of the Black Diamond alliance to have simulated wars against each other." Xavier grins at Jaberin as he takes his seat.

Brand, the minister of war for Hail Fire Land stands to regard the senate:

"I have been awaiting the decision upon which the Black Diamond may be able to simulate warfare...
For adapting our defensive and offensive strategies of course..."

The Tutonia
Lobbyist

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Tutonia » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Hail Fire Land wrote:
The Tutonia wrote:Xavier Prejudice stands up to speak once again. "I propose that the Black Diamond Alliance must always remain a True DEMOCRACY." Xavier glaces at Anivia of Hail Fire Land. "In addition to this any leader that does not reply to an issue within 30 days is left out of the decision making to improve efficiency."

Anivia returns her gaze to regard the senate:
"Considering the time frames theywould take to make an efficient decision, and to ensure that those need our assistance are helped as quickly as possible, I propose we shorten this time to 7 days.
With the any posting in any decision resetting a 7-day timer."

Xavier thinks about the length of time. He then stands up to speak "That is fairly reasonable" Xavier looks around at each member of the Senate, "but personally I feel that 7 days may be a bit short in case we get really busy. I propose that when issues come up the severity of the issue be looked at and the time frame be shortened if the issue requires swift speed. I also propose that the maximum time for letting a nation respond be 30 days and the minimum time be 7 days." Xavier pauses to let the members of the Senate think. "Let us put the time frame for a response be default 30 days and if a issues arises that need speed we will adjust the time frame as stated before. I also propose that when the time frame is really short like around 7 days then the nation can join the discussion if they have valid reasoning, like they were really busy and were not able to contribute." Xavier calmly sits back down.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates