NATION

PASSWORD

Does True Feminism Exist Anymore?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Does True Feminism Exist Anymore?

Postby Jeckland » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:05 pm

I know what you are probably thinking. Of course feminism exists! It's stronger than ever! However some 'feminists' want more than equal rights for females, and for them to be given an advantage in jobseeking and other areas. The most obvious example of this is quotas, where a company says we need x number of female workers. They may also have racial quotas. What do you think about quotas? I think they are ridiculous, in my opinion Margret Thatcher had it right on this one, that a job should be given to the best person for it, whatever gender, race, sexuality, background etc. they come from. An example of where quotas are used is in the British Police Force, where in each area they have a number of cops representing each gender and race. I believe this is wrong, because they may not make the best policemen. What I think is even worse though is how the BBC, and indeed other companies, use more women and racial minorities. The whole idea of having quotas for women, and indeed ethnic minorities, in my opinion is wrong. I would define true feminism as what Margret Thatcher said. How would you define true feminism and what are your views on quotas?
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Bentrada
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bentrada » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:07 pm

Hopefully, no.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:08 pm

Yes, but the majority of feminists these days are feminazis.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:08 pm

Blah blah blah MRA circle jerk. Warn me fuck you fuck MRA's.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Inventio
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Inventio » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Speaking as a woman (and equal rights supporter), I can't see any reason for quotas. If only white males are fit to be accepted to Yale? That's a problem with the education system, not with racism or sexism.
First recipient of Div's Cynical
Seal of Approval.
If you have claims you want me
to accept, please source them.
NSSports Trigram: INV
Actively looking to join RPs, so
TG me if you're starting one.
Proud Delegate of Mirare
Ambassador Synn, Inventian representative to the World Assembly.
Assume I'm posting IC unless stated otherwise.
Check out my region, Mirare.
Sapin Military District wrote:If god doesn't exist, then why does a tissue pop up every time you take the old one out of the box?
Diviar wrote:Nah, Inventio isn't scared easily.
Divair wrote:Nonchalance is my default attitude.

Juggalo world
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Juggalo world » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:09 pm

I dont believe in quotas personally I think they are bullshit to force jobs to hire people based of race,gender ect if you dont qualify for a job then you obviously dont deserve it.
MMFWCL Juggalo for life step to one and you step to them all don't mess with me and I won't mess with you I like psychopathic records if you don't then keep it to yourself.

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Wind in the Willows wrote:Yes, but the majority of feminists these days are feminazis.

Then are they really feminists?

Aequalitia
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aequalitia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:11 pm

Yes, and there are still some goals to go who need to be done.

However, in this times we did seen also the fake feminists, you know, those who in fact ruins the points of feminism.
This world got so much cliches, so much pretty cliches <3

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Jeckland wrote:
Wind in the Willows wrote:Yes, but the majority of feminists these days are feminazis.

I am saying that some genuine feminists do exist but the majority that claim to be feminist are just feminazis. Feminazis are not feminists.

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:13 pm

^^^
Sadly, it's largely this. But yeah, any kind of diversity quotas is stupid. The goal should be employing the best people period. Regardless of race gender religion or much anything else for that matter. (Yes, we should discriminate against child molesters even if one of them would happen to be the best qualified to teach kindergarten). Discrimination in general is a bad idea whether it's in favor of or opposed to any minority. ;)

Besides, there are plenty of girls who look up to male athletes, and I'm sure there are some boys inspired by great women in some pursuits though not a lot really come to mmind immediately off the top of my head. But regardless we should be inspired by a person greatness not their race or gender. I mean that's why people of all races are inspired by MLK for example because he was a great person who did great things, not because he was a male nor because he was African American. ;)

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Wind in the Willows wrote:
Jeckland wrote:

I am saying that some genuine feminists do exist but the majority that claim to be feminist are just feminazis. Feminazis are not feminists.

"Femanizs" is a pejorative term by insecure men who can't get laid so yeah.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 pm

These "feminists" who want more rights than men are an extreme minority. They are not nearly as widespread or influential as people like you make them out to be.

Tumblr feminism is not in any way representative of real world feminism.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Page wrote:

You're so funny. Not.

Aequalitia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aequalitia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Jeckland wrote:

Well, lets say that such 'feminists' want to ruin the whole concept of feminism self.

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Page wrote:

You're so funny. Not.

Seriously every MRA is just a bitter virgin .

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Aequalitia wrote:

Well, lets say that such 'feminists' want to ruin the whole concept of feminism self.

I doubt that, as most of them are women.

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Page wrote:Blah blah blah MRA circle jerk. Warn me fuck you fuck MRA's.

While I agree to an extent with sentiments about MRA's (theyre largely about as credible as most feminists) do you really find it helpful to insult and attack the OP? I don't really see how that advances youre position in any meaningful way. Perhaps you could offer some elaboration as to why you believe this "an MRA circle jerk" ? :eyebrow:

Spartan Philidelphia
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Spartan Philidelphia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Quit getting so angry over your crazy strawmen strawwomen.

I don't know how it is in Britain, but racial and gender quotas in the USA are illegal.
Last edited by Spartan Philidelphia on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spartan Philidelphia
Region: Sparta
[Defunct] National Corporation:
The Spartan Philidelphia Almost Anything Corporation
Leader: Luigi Mario
National Religion: Pastafarianism
Population: 50,420,000

Thank you all powerful moderators who were sent by Max Barry to protect us from all things spammy and trollish.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Jeckland wrote:
Aequalitia wrote:Well, lets say that such 'feminists' want to ruin the whole concept of feminism self.

Women are not a hive mind.

But seriously this whole thread is ridiculous.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:18 pm

Page wrote:
You're so funny. Not.

Seriously every MRA is just a bitter virgin .

Actually from what I know it's paternity (ie father's) rights kinda a big deal to MRA's ? Seems like it would be unlikely for them all to be virgins and yet still make a big deal about paternity rights wouldn't it? :eyebrow:

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:18 pm

Spartan Philidelphia wrote:Quit getting so angry over your crazy strawmen strawwomen.

I don't know how it is in Britain, but quotas in the USA that are based on race or gender are illegal.

In Britain, the police force uses them. Ludicrous.

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Spartan Philidelphia wrote:Quit getting so angry over your crazy strawmen strawwomen.

I don't know how it is in Britain, but quotas in the USA that are based on race or gender are illegal.

Umm, no no they aren't... ever here of affirmative action. As I recall a few years back the supreme court made it harder to implement quotas but I don't think it outlawed them entirely. ;)

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Jeckland wrote:I doubt that, as most of them are women.

Don't post in it then.

Aequalitia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aequalitia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:20 pm

Jeckland wrote:
Aequalitia wrote:Well, lets say that such 'feminists' want to ruin the whole concept of feminism self.

Feminism isn't like: Woman only on the top, men need to be separated.

Feminism goes about equal rights and anti-sexism, not about discriminate the other gender.

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Jeckland wrote:I doubt that, as most of them are women.

No of course they arent a hive mind. I don't think the post meant that all women are feminists (and of course feminists aren't a hive mind either although they could certainly fool me anymore). That being said, theyre are plenty of tool-like male "feminists" the white knight types defending the more extreme feminist bs on the internet as well.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General