NATION

PASSWORD

[Open]2050: Humanity at a Crossroads REBOOT(OOC/SIGNUPS)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:17 pm

2050 World RP

IC

World Map

The year is 2050 and humanity finds itself at the defining point in its existence. Technology continues to advance at an exponential rate. New developments in nanotechnology, biotechnology and electronics has transformed the global landscape. Across the developed world, quality of life and life expectancy has risen considerably as a result of these new innovations.

And yet global leaders look towards the future with uncertainty. The planet's dwindling resources has caused concern among many. When peak oil was reached two decades ago, many nations had yet to make the conversion to alternative sources of energy. The desperation for this precious commodity sparked a massive conflict that ravaged the Middle East and resulted in the deaths of millions. Twenty years later, conflicts still arise over the Earth's few remaining oil reserves. Nations now turn to the stars, and it seems a Second Space Race is upon the world.

Tensions are also rising again in the Middle East, and worldwide, nations are preparing themselves for the inevitable conflict that will spark sometime very soon.

Meanwhile, the planet's ecological crisis continues to worsen. The powerful effects of Global Warming could be felt across the world. Soaring temperatures have made some regions of the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa uninhabitable.

Once great powers such as the United States find themselves in a state of decline. The United States continues to struggle with crippling debt, which is now four times the size of its GDP. Even China and India, two nations that experienced an economic boom in the early 21st century, have been affected by the global economic downturn. These nations seek a new way to provide a stimulus for their economy, and though it is an unspoken and blasphemous way to do so, war has certainly been a successful stimulant in the past.

Rules

1. No godmodding.
2. No one liners (All posts should be at least one paragraph)
3. Be respectful of other RPers.
4. OP has final say in all matters.
5. Entry-point unions-of-nations have a limit of 5 countries, however are permitted to grow as the roleplay progresses.
6. If starting out as an individual country, one may conquer/invade as many countries as one wishes. However, if other roleplayers or OP finds you to be unreasonable in your conquests, they may take control of the nation you are showing aggression to and defend it as a PC nation.

Application

Nation Name:
Population (Estimated 2050):
Head of State:
Government Type:
Military:
History (2013-2050):

Accepted Apps

(wouldn't let me add People's to the spoiler)

Same issue is Korea, wouldn't let me add People's into the spoiler

Last edited by Cerrania on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 13 times in total.
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:19 pm

-Faction gone -
Last edited by Imperial City-States on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Imperial+City-States
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

Unapologetically American
U.S Army

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Note: I will be posting a seperate App for the New United Soviet States of Russia tomorrow

Nation Name: Russian Federation
Population (Estimated 2050): Last Census reports approximately 200 million
Head of State: President Anatoly Kolosov and Prime Minister Nikolay Soldatov
Government Type: Semi-Presidential Republic
Military:
Infantry
Russian Infantry forces' standard BDU, dubbed the Vital Suit. It incorporates advanced communications and satellite uplink systems as well as enhanced bio-medical technology within the suit to field-medicate and heal injuries(within reasonable limits).
Russian Infantry Forces' main armaments are the ARK-48 Assault System, the Mk-661 Kenaz Handgun, the PN-25 Battle Rifle, and the Komodo 65 Shotgun.
In 2050, the Russian Infantry Forces employed 900,000 active personnel and a further 1,500,000 in reserves.

Reserve/Active Count of Ground Vehicles
Main Battle Tank Mark 2's: Approx. 30,000(8,000 Active)
Armoured Infantry Combatant Vehicles(ICVs): Approx. 18,000(7,000 Active)
Armoured Personnel Deployment Vehicles(PDVs): Approx. 12,000(7,500 Active)
Towed Artillery: Approx. 14,000(8,000 Active)
Self-Propelled Artillery: Approx. 8,000(4,500 Active)
Multiple Rocket Launchers(MRLs): Approx. 6,000(1,200 Active)

Reserve/Active Count of Air Vehicles
Mikoyan MiG-49 Air Superiority Fighter: Approx. 3,000(1,500 Active)
Sukohi Su-43 Multirole Fighter: Approx. 1,000(590 Active)
Tupolev Tu-28M Strategic Bomber: Approx. 700(250 Active)
Antonov An-38 Transport: Approx. 950(700 Active)

Airborne Infantry
Russian Airborne Infantry(RUAI) forces' standard BDU. It is a modified version of the Vital Suit, and contains all of the VS's features.
The RUAI employs the ACV-19 Assault Rifle, the FM-91 Handgun, and the Valkyrie-9 Submachine Gun.
In 2050, the Airborne Infantry employed 45,000 active personnel and a further 80,000 reserves.

The Northern Fleet
Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier(1)
Kirov class nuclear-powered cruiser(4)
Slava class cruiser(3)
Udaloy II class destroyed(6)
Udaloy III class destroyer(4)
Udaloy IV class destroyer(3)
Submarines(35)

The Baltic Fleet
Udaloy III class destroyer(6)
Neustrashimny class frigate(4)
Submarines(4)
The Baltic Fleet also contains numerous corvettes, patrol ships, minehunters, light amphibious ships and support vessels.

The Pacific Fleet
Kirov class cruiser(3)
Slava class cruiser(2)
Udaloy II class destroyer(4)
Udaloy III class destroyer(7)
Submarines(9)
The Pacific Fleet also contains amphibious ships and support vessels for troop deployment.

History (2013-2050): In 2016, President Vladimir Putin's term ended, and President Kiril Kolosov is elected as his successor. He immediately issued a heavily anti-Western statement in his induction ceremony, claiming that the Russian Federation was "above such silly nations as the U.S." He immediately began building up nationalist pride within the country.

In 2017, Russia experiences an economic boom due to the creation of millions of new jobs within the fabrication technology business.

In 2020, Russia re-elects President Kolosov, who immediately begins to assert Russia's power over Kazakhstan and Finland. He negotiates(read: forces) an agreement which results in both Kazakhstanian(sp?) and Finnish markets being flooded with Russian product.

In 2022, after the Federation of the Americas is joined by Argentina and Colombia, Russia begins internal talks of forming a new Soviet Union.

In 2024, President Yuri Nikita is elected to office.

In 2026, Russia successfully hosts the Olympics in St. Petersburg. In the same year, it ups its military spending by a sizeable margin and funds the creation of a new generation of aircraft carriers.

In 2035, Russia opens up negotiations with Belarus, Ukraine, and Poland to form the beginnings of the New United Soviet States of Russia.

In Mid-2035, the New United Soviet States of Russia is officially formed.

In 2040, under the new President Anatoly Kolosov, son of Kiril Kolosov, Russia re-arms its military and once again displays a significant show of power, massing their southern border with troops despite the threat of economic sanction by the now-decripit U.N.

In 2043, Russia releases a statement denouncing Germany for invasion threats, stating that it will "respond with extreme force" should Germany invade Poland.

In 2046, arms dealers in contract with Russia unveil their new product, the Vital Suit, to the Russian military. It begins mass-production and after incredibly heavy testing is standard issued as the new BDU of the most Russian Armed Forces. Reports flood in that survivability(sp?) rates among Russian soldiers shot up exponentially. Vital Suits are slowly issued to international NUSSR troops.

At the end of his two terms, in 2048, President Anatoly(with the popular vote of the people) instates a new legislation increasing the maximum number of terms for a President from two to four.

In 2049, Russia reveals and launches its expedition to find oil on Mars.

In 2050, Russia, and by extension the NUSSR, looks out to the rest of the world with a certain sort of hunger...
Last edited by Cerrania on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Imperial City-States wrote:Nation Name: Highborn Empire

Population (Estimated 2050): 20 Million

Head of State: General Augustus Chase

Government Type: Military dictatorship

Military : Entirety - all members are trained but hold civilian specialty's
Combat Personnel : 85,000

History (2013-2050):

2020 - Large amounts of soldiers are abandon in Africa after a large scale war combine with the drastically changing temperatures that would soon render the area unihabitable
2025 -Over time commanders of the military units in the area built large Bunker complex's that would be able to house the population of the Former military units
2027- After the complete construction of the bunkers and the temperatures quickly becoming extreme the military population numbering at 20,000 inhabits them and begins accepting former military veterans from across the world into their selective communities
2031 - Temperatures have become unbearable to unsheilded life leaving africa a dead wasteland , deep within the bunkers a new nation is born , The Highborn Empire which as a whole acts as a military unit , however the civilian aspects of their society concentrate on maintaining the bunkers and producing Technology and equipment for the inhabitants
2035- As the Situation escalates the Highborn no longer accept new comers into their society unless they have extremely valuable skills in technology , Science and more importantly bio-science
2044- After many years of remaining under the scorched sands , Several small outpost are established that are partly underground and are partly on the surface
2046- While cut-off from the rest of the world Technologically the Highborn begin developing their own string of technology , by the end of the year the entirety of the standing armed forces is Equip with Cybernetic alternations as well as Genetic Engineering to very well make the perfect soldiers , this increases base height to over Seven Feet Tall and an average weight of Two Hundred and Thirty Five pounds
2048- Shocking technological breakthoughs in energy packs have allowed power supplys small enough to power high Energy demand weapons and powered Armor for extended periods of time , following this most Highborn Troops are equip with Powered armor and are undergoing trials for Particle weapons
2050- The Newly Promoted General Augustus Chase sets his sights on expanding across Africa and eventually moving to take parts of the World , Though the advances made in technology the Highborn are highly adapt at surviving in the Extreme climate , As of current only military Units are allowed to preform Surface Expeditions protected by their Power armor as well as the vehicles in which they ride in , the Future is full of opportunity and what Is made of it is yet to be known ( Que Dramatic Epic music )

Notes -- So I know its a little far fetched with my whole app but i would suffer due to a gross lack of manpower in comparison to other nations as well as being geographically isolated from the rest of the world by harsh climate and my location , any Travel across the surface in my Area would require me to preform constant maintenance on Equipment making my Supply lines a huge problem if i am ever going to wage an over seas war , while the Actually Population is underground in the series of bunkers that are connected by Super highways that run underground i would have a few ( like four or five in all of southern Africa ) Military Base's that were partly on the surface and sent armed military patrols out .

If you want me to change anything let me know !

I like the idea of an isolated, technologically advanced nation. However, I'm not sure if it would be logistically possible. Most of the time, if a group of individuals is isolated from the rest of the world technological develop actually slows. Also, much of Africa would probably still be inhabitable in the event of a massive climate change(e.g. the Congo). What if a very few portions of Africa are inhabitable above ground, and your people are densely populated in those areas? This way you could keep a regular population and standard military, and still be [mostly] connected to the rest of the world?

If you fix that, you're accepted! 8)
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:40 pm

viewtopic.php?p=17564270#p17564270

Here's my app from ye olde thread
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Well the Turks were technogically isolate from Europe and they built Cannons several hundred years before the first Europeans if I recall correctly , if a society makes themselves self contained as a society (as in producing everything they need ) they could very well develop differently when no inhibited by some political aspects .

As for inhabited I would want to avoid being densely clustered because that makes me an easy target , maybe just one major City in a habitable area (barely) where I conduct limited trade ?

Oh and the only groups of people that were accepted into the Highborn society were scientist , engineers , soldiers ect. So it's possible they could make a way to be self sufficient (hydroponics , water recycling , Solar and nuclear power , Southern Africa is very rich in minerals so mining wouldn't be that hard )
Last edited by Imperial City-States on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

U.S Army

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Imperial City-States wrote:Well the Turks were technogically isolate from Europe and they built Cannons several hundred years before the first Europeans if I recall correctly , if a society makes themselves self contained as a society (as in producing everything they need ) they could very well develop differently when no inhibited by some political aspects .

As for inhabited I would want to avoid being densely clustered because that makes me an easy target , maybe just one major City in a habitable area (barely) where I conduct limited trade ?

Oh and the only groups of people that were accepted into the Highborn society were scientist , engineers , soldiers ect. So it's possible they could make a way to be self sufficient (hydroponics , water recycling , Solar and nuclear power , Southern Africa is very rich in minerals so mining wouldn't be that hard )

Okay. Then my only quarrel would be military tech. Despite being isolated with scientists and the like, energy and particle weapons, powered armor, etc., are a little bit far fetched for 2050. I would just suggest scaling the tech down in favour of numbers.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Cerrania wrote:
Imperial City-States wrote:Well the Turks were technogically isolate from Europe and they built Cannons several hundred years before the first Europeans if I recall correctly , if a society makes themselves self contained as a society (as in producing everything they need ) they could very well develop differently when no inhibited by some political aspects .

Okay. Then my only quarrel would be military tech. Despite being isolated with scientists and the like, energy and particle weapons, powered armor, etc., are a little bit far fetched for 2050. I would just suggest scaling the tech down in favour of numbers.

I added in an outpost under 2048 , what numbers would be fesable for me to lower to in order for it to be acceptable ?

Currently the US Army is running (effective ) test on power armor
- TALOS Armor, first Advanced models due in 2016

Again US Army - has built both Railguns and Laser weaponry that capable of cutting the front half of a T-72 off (laser ) and a 8 pound Railgun slug hits with teh force of a 2,000 pound bomb , the technology exist its just a matter of minimizing it

My argument for making plausible is look at the tech jump between the first jet fighters (1944 Me262 ) and the current F-35 (2013 ) 68 years , while there is 40 something in the RP
Between 1945 and 2005 (50 years if my Maths right ) compare the F-22 to the Me262 .

So the technology is totally fesable if you allow it ....
George Orwell
George Orwell

U.S Army

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Let's give this a shot.

Nation Name: Western European Federation
Population (Estimated 2050): 179,728,000
Head of State: Anna Duplessis
Government Type: Democratic Federation
Military: Active: 800,000 Reserve: 70,000 Auxiliary: 5,000 Foreign Legion: 10,000.
History (2013-2050): IN 2013, the situation looked rather dire for the European Union. A slow recovery, low business confidence, and anti-EU sentiment in most of it's key member states combined to pose a dire threat to the international coalition.
2015 didn't look much better. Although France's economy had rapidly expanded, Spain had been broken by the independence of Catalonia, Italy was divided by mafia gangs, and the Ukraine had been lost to the Kremlin. By 2016, the EU had been largely abandoned by all but Italy, France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, and Portugal.
But 2017 saw the ascension to the position of MEP a visionary legend; Boris Johnson. The ex-mayor of London, after publishing his most famed book, the Dream of Rome, had grown fascinated with the decline of the Union saw the opportunity to pursue even greater heights, and took it. Within two years, he had reversed the trend of the EU's reputation by restoring economic strength to Spain, France, and Portugal, and bringing Catalonia into the Union. This newfound economic capacity allowed Boris to encourage investment into GM and nuclear power; demographic explosions in Italy and Spain baffled geographers as Mr. Johnson, now President of the European Union, defied all predictions and rode a referendum victory in 2018 to become the first President of the European Federation. Croatia, Slovenia, and Austria soon rejoined the Union, becoming full Federation members in 2019, just as Germany invaded Denmark.
Outraged followed at the W.E.F. that it had failed to protect one of the Union's member states, and the European Union was disbanded as the remaining members moved on to their own affairs. The Federation, however, struggled on; by 2027, ESA had sent a manned mission to the Red Planet of Mars, and the Federation had become a beacon of hope in an otherwise darkening world. This era of glory ended with the unfortunate assassination of President Johnson by a Catalonian Anarchist; he was followed by President Yohannes Rikter, a Belgian, who instituted strict anti-nationalist laws throughout the Federation. Despite his unpopularity, Rikter was a capable administrator, and foresaw the looming demographic time bomb that loomed in the heavily-populated south when global warming began to rear his head. He ordered the rapid expansion of desalination and nuclear energy plants in Spain and Italy while continuing to encourage ever more extravagant geo-engineering in order to counteract the effects of human activity; Venice was drowned and turned into an enormous harbour, Rome was bulldozed and rebuilt on higher ground, and Madrid had to be all but abandoned, bowled over to make way for an artificial lake in order to prevent the region from drying out. Rikter's short term ended with his own assassination at the hands of his guards- this was, of course kept quiet.
This did not bode well for the third President of the Federaton, who ascended to his illustrious office in 2034. President Gonzalez's term was a long and calm one; the most he is remembered for is bring Luxembourg into the Federation. Nonetheless, Gonzalez's quiet, bureaucratic style held a conniving genius; under his administration, the Federation developed an independent sixth-generation fighter project using both their own research and technology hacked from various other powers by the newly-established Cyberwarfare Corps, the entirety of the military's 5,000-man 'Auxiliary.' Gonzalez also established the 10,000-strong European Foreign Legion, consisting of the former French and Spanish Foreign Legions combined, and finally standardised Federation military equipment. This was all done, of course, in preparation for a war with Germany.
By 2046, his rule had proven less popular than that of the incumbent Anna Duplessis, a Frenchwoman who had almost entirely grown up in Federal times. She replaced him as President and brought the Federation's economic affairs fully into order once more, expanding the agricultural sector (whose importance had grown to feed hungry masses abroad) as well as the tertiary sectors of the economy. Duplessis also insisted on the renovation of the Federal Navy and has made overtures to the British and German authorities for unification by some means. Whether she will succeed is, of course, unclear.
Last edited by The New Lowlands on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Lowlands, Germany didn't invade Denmark in 2019, but simply tried to induct them into the Deutschland Republic
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Miracum-Izmir
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Miracum-Izmir » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Miracum-Izmir wrote:
Nation Name: Turkic Conferdation
Population (Estimated 2050): 100,266,000
Head of State: Premier Ibrahim
Government Type: Socialist Conferdation
Military: 1,441,532 active, 8,424,423 reserve,14,324,342 max conspriction
History (2013-2050):

2013: Present
2014: The corrupt goverment of turkey is Overthrown,,an socialist state is established
2025,Azerbjian and Turkey merge to create The Turkic Conferdation.
2030: The Turks and Greeks go to war, Turkey wins and captures many greek islands and thrace
2040: Turkey invades cyrpus,and the turks are libreated
2050: now,Turkey is afraid of an invasion + annexation by the Islamic Calpihate

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/i/ ... 5xdof0.png

le repost

Was Ottozum, add 786 posts. These eyes see captalism clearly.
http://atwar-game.com/user/193587/signature.png

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Parhe » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Are all the applications from the old thread on hold? Not to antagonize but honestly China's app was sort of a way to control the history of the rest of Asia and make it is it's playground.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Well I guess I will make either India or Korea.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:41 am

from the old thread:
Nation Name: Australia ('Straya)
Population (Estimated 2050): 40 million
Head of State: President Kennedy
Government Type: Confederation
Military: Total manpower: 190 000
60 000 Army
40 000 Navy
40 000 Air Force

(Not including Reserve of about 50 000)
History (2013-2050):

2014: Referendum on local government succeeds and local government is recongnised by the government
2020: Referndum on Australia becoming a republic passes and Australia becomes a republic
2025: With dwindling fuel supplies, the Australian government starts building a space program to secure Titan as it is abundant with oil.
2030: The first mission to the moon begins and the mission is a success.
2034: The military budget is increased and the personnel increased
2033: The Northern Territory and ACT finally become states
2040: Unhappy with the current state of government and unaccountability to the people, the president declares new elections and a new constitution to be made.
2041: After a year, Australia becomes a confederation with a council of a member of each major party represented in it. Every bill must be passed by a referendum
2047: Australia absorbs New Zealand and Papua New Guinea into it.
2048: Riots break out in New Zealand and Papua New Guinea, but the riots are stopped by an announcement by President Kennedy that they will become states, rather than territories of Australia
2050: After 25 years in the making, Australia is about to send astronauts to Titan and build a space station at which oil is drained from Titan and every year transports send fuel back to Earth.
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Parhe » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:05 am

I would like Korea if Epraria chooses another nation. Though since he might be leaning there, can I be like a Manchuria nation, or breakoff of China, or maybe Philippines or Vietnam.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

La Republica De Filipinas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby La Republica De Filipinas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:57 am

Nation Name: The Philippine Union
Population: 120,000,000 est.
Head of State: President Alfred Ispado Hinampas
Government Type: Federal Constitutional Republic
Military: The Philippine Defense Forces - Total 900,000
  • Philippine Army/Ground Division - 650,000
  • Philippine Navy/Naval Division - 180,000
  • Philippine Air Force/Air Division - 70,000
History (2013-2050):

2016 - The disastrous term of President Aquino had resulted in increased corruption, instability and many Filipino deaths in natural disasters. Fearing this would happen in the next presidential term, Filipino intellectuals decided to push the local populace to choose a better leader and pressure the government to "not let idiots run in the elections." through writing and protests in the street. The 2016 presidential elections resulted in Mar Roxas' victory and general elections to political dynasties which have plagued the country for decades.

2018 - The bubble for Overseas Filipino Workers bursts, causing a massive economic disaster for the country. Poverty and unemployment rate increase. The Philippines' poor performance causes ASEAN to kick the nation out of the organization.

2020 - The political parties Party for the Progress of the Philippines and the Philippine Reformist Party, which would later be the 2 dominant parties in the Philippines, are formed. Massive unrest for political reforms intensifies and government declares martial law.

2021 - Massacre of 40 political opponents enrages Filipinos. Citizens are enraged and protest against the government. Government forces open fire and Philippine Civil War starts.

2022 - Opposition wins civil war.

2024 - Inflation, unemployment and corruption are in decline due to government reforms.

2025 - Disaster of '25 - Magnitude 7.3 earthquake devastates Manila and Supertyphoons Krista and Lopez devastates the country.

2027 - Philippines starts to recover. Manila and many medium-sized cities become massive construction zones.

2035 - Philippines fully recovers and prospects for the country are high. The nation is welcomed into ASEAN once more. Furthermore, Nuclear stations powered by thorium are constructed, solving much of the country's energy problems.

2037 - Rising sea levels and an increasing number of typhoons cause emigrations. Philippine government prepares for the worst and constructs massive projects to prevent flooding. R&D is focused on green technology and military projects.

2039 - Philippine Government unanimously agree that the Filipino defense industry is merely small and can't compete with foreign ones. Thus, the gov't merged all major local defense contractors and forms the ALN (Air Land Naval) Philippine Industries. ALN Phil. Industries will eventually be known for flexible, affordable and practical military equipment.

2045 - The Philippines enters the developed world.

2050 - Modern Philippines. At the center of Asia's major economies, it is a strategic location both militarily and commercially. Throughout the years, it has continued to prosper, rivaling the economies of many Asian nations. The abolition of social welfare (which are only serviced by NGO's) had payed off, freeing up strain on the Filipino gov't budget and forcing Filipinos to either find work or to start their own business. With the government giving up the exploitation of natural resources in land, it has continued to push its policy of sustainable development. Strongly pro-west, an invasion of China is the biggest threat the Philippines can face.
Last edited by La Republica De Filipinas on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
North Korean music is better (and manlier) than South Korea's.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:03 am

Parhe wrote:I would like Korea if Epraria chooses another nation. Though since he might be leaning there, can I be like a Manchuria nation, or breakoff of China, or maybe Philippines or Vietnam.

Eh you can be Korea. Ill be India.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:03 am

Nation Name: Japan
Population (Estimated 2050): 133.5 Million (Japan)
Head of State: Emperor Hosahito (Emperor), Ichisake Tayama (Prime Minister)
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy (Japan),
Military: 1,025,470 (450,000 active) All weapons are manufactured locally after they lost faith in the USA.
JGSDF: 530,743, with around 4,200 tanks and 7,000 IFVs and APCs. The JGSDF operates a large number of obsolete equipment alongside modern ones.
JMSDF: 394,102, with around 620 ships, including four aircraft carriers and ten helicopter carriers.
JASDF: 98,125, with around 740 aircraft.

History (2013-2050):
2015:
Fukushima Daiichi is finally cleaned up through secret and questionable means just as another earthquake strikes Japan, devastating the city of Nagasaki and the surrounding areas. The Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin stealth fighter is unveiled, showing that previous estimates were utterly wrong about its capabilities. Japan now owns one of the most advanced stealth fighters in the world, outclassing the F-22 Raptor in some areas. Not to be outdone by Mitsubishi, Kawasaki announces plans for a new fighter that would be ready by 2019.

2017:
Nationalist elements in the government cooperate with several other political parties in a massive campaign the "reaches out to the hearts and minds" of the Japanese people. This results in the Japanese Communist Party and other minorities being reduced to a small amount of seat in the next general election. This seems normal until Prime Minister Akira proposes an amendment to the constitution, in that Article 9 (the clause preventing Japan from maintaining an offensive military) is to be removed. Eyes across the world widen in shock as the two-thirds majority is easily achieved. Article 9 is officially abolished, presumably as men in suits wrung their hands and laughed evilly. JAXA announces plans to launch a space station. The "Nagasaki Protocol" is launched to literally ban water pollution in Japan. An expensive program is launched to turn Japan into a clean and green paradise.

2018:
The last US Base, Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, is closed permanently. The JSDF moves in "temporarily" but never leaves, bringing in more and more aircraft. A riot in Okinawa results in fifteen members of the JSDF killing themselves with three grenades, bringing worldwide attention to Japan. Prime Minister Akira gives the controversial statement that "they were loony", resulting in his resignation. The new Prime Minister, Sugintou, promises peace with Korea and China but is killed in a car crash just a week after announcing plans to apologise for World War Two. Unpopular nationalistic Prime Minister Kamamura takes office and announces plans to expand the JSDF "tenfold". The JMSDF launches its first aircraft carrier, the JDS Horiuchi. The Yamabushi Type-18 Laser-Based CIWS system is unveiled.

2019:
Japan's economy surpasses that of China's, making them easily one of the most powerful economies in the world. A terrorist attack on Tokyo by a Korean gang with a miniature nuclear weapon causes Kamamura to vow "revenge", almost leading to war with Korea. At the last second, Kamamura backs down and resigns after an embarrassing public press conference where he mistakenly claimed Taipei was the capital of the PRC. Popular politician Odawara replaces him, just as another major earthquake hits Hokkaido without tripping warning sensors, resulting in thousands of deaths. Odawara vows that he will protect the Japanese people. Kawasaki's Type-19 Fighter is unveiled to the world, attracting ridicule and scorn for its odd design and high cost. Nevertheless, its combat capabilities are praised as some of the most advanced in the world. Only 36 of these would be produced over the next 30 years. Kawasaki promises the Type-20 fighter, to be unveiled next year, would be cheaper but less radical.

2020:
Cleaning up of Hokkaido proceeds smoothly. A new seismic detection field is deployed onto the seabed, although it is criticised by other nations as it could seemingly be used to detect foreign submarines and ships in international waters. Japan argues that with satellites these days already allowing easy detection of surface ships, such concerns are utterly ridiculous. Concerns about submarines are ignored and waved off. JAXA launches an unknown satellite into space that blows up spectacularly before it reaches orbit. Investigators claim that the explosion was close to 20 times what a rocket of that size should have gone up with, resulting in suspicions about its nature. JAXA states that it was an experimental type of fuel, coupled with an experimental electronics system, that exploded. Kawasaki's Type-20 and Type-20C variants are released, to be used on the JMSDF's new carriers.

2021:
Odawara is reelected for a second term. JAXA launches the N22ceF33n Type-15 Space-Borne Observations Platform, Horaisan-1, without any incident. Japan announces that it has developed a nuclear weapon on April 1st, then retracts the claim the day after, saying it was merely a joke. The Japanese economy continues growing massively in this time, exporting electronics and collecting foreign debt. Estimates put around 32% of US Debt in Japanese hands alone.

2022:
JAXA puts three more Horaisan platforms into orbit, along with some other satellites. A brief economic downturn sees the Japanese stock market as the site of over 34 suicides in a week, although the downturn barely dents the massive juggernaut. Japan recovers less than a month later. The JMSDF announces it is building two supercarriers, in addition to three more carriers already in production.

2024:
The legendary Type-24 Ni-Yon MBT is unveiled with the 'most advanced technology in land-based warfare'. It will continue to be upgraded and added to to ensure its relevance in the coming decades.

2026:
The JMSDF Horiuchi-Class Carriers Zuikaku and Shokaku are launched. A third carrier, along with the supercarriers, remain incomplete. A nuclear explosion is detected on an island off Japan's coast, after which a nationalist rebel group is immediately blamed and prosecuted. JAXA puts the first two modules of its space station, KYOTO-1, into orbit. One of the modules is subsequently destroyed in an accident involving a foreign satellite, leaving KYOTO-1 as a single module.

2028:
Japan's economy powers through the second downturn of the decade, suffering sharp drops though recovering quickly. This unstable trend will continue for a long time. Solar energy and pressure-based generators on roads becomes widespread. Japan's government denounces several foreign governments who are engaging in war at this time, earning it no new allies. In the wake of this, Prime Minister Yahada publicly apologises for Japan's war crimes in World War Two, and promises not to visit the Yasukuni shrine, hoping to repair ties.

2030:
Another nuclear accident leads to the end of TEPCO and the supposed end to nuclear power in Japan. The accident is once again cleaned up in a few years without incident or comment. People begin wondering where the waste is going. Nuclear power becomes very limited in Japan. Similar to the whaling situation, nuclear plants are re-labelled as experimental plants.

2032:
The JSDF conducts its first foreign intervention, sending troops to Burma to end a brief rebellion by a warlord. This served to show Japanese military dominance over the region. The Akagi-Class Supercarrier Akagi is finally launched, but her sister the Kaga is delayed indefinitely. JAXA launches a new module for KYOTO-1, along with its first crew. It had been unmanned since 2026. More Horaisan satellites are dumped into space.

2035:
JAXA unveils the SEV54-IIJ "Heisei" Space Exploration Vehicle, acting as an advanced reentry vehicle. JAXA aims to put a man on the moon as soon as possible. Mitsubishi announces that it will not be designing a new fighter for the JASDF. Sony suffers a major loss, falling way behind the rest of the Japanese economy. It is given a multi-billion dollar package by the Japanese government to save it.

2039:
Emperor Naruhito dies of a heart attack. He is replaced by his son, Hosahito. The Type-39 Fighter is unveiled by Nakajima. It is capable of extremely fast speeds and can carry laser weapons. The JSDF accepts new, more stable laser weapons into their arsenal, as fragile, mounted anti-air weapons.

2043:
JAXA completes KYOTO-1. Work on a new reentry vehicle on the same vein as the old Space Shuttle are planned. The Type-43 tank, yet another vehicle with the 'most advanced technology in land-based warfare' is revealed. The Type-43 Samurai Soldier-Link System is finally introduced to the JGSDF, providing infantry with real-time coordination and battlefield information. Critics say that Japan is too late in developing this system, though JGSDF leaders argue that not many nations have adopted such expensive equipment even now. In a controversial statement, JGSDF General Hatoyama claims that "Foreign dogs still use AK-74s while we are using Type-38 Rifles. There is no contest." Hatoyama is forced to resign the day after.

2048:
The JSDF undergoes a massive leadership change, with Admiral Mitanabe, General Toyama and Air Marshal Tenzai taking command of the JMSDF, the JGSDF and the JASDF, respectively. JAXA shelves plans to put a man on the moon for now.

2050:
Economically and environmentally, Japan can only be described as a booby-trapped oasis. As one of the cleanest and most advanced- if not the most advanced- nations on the planet, Japan has remained as one of the richest and most economically powerful nations for the last decades. Environmentally stunning and technologically advanced, Japan has rode out the environmental and economic issues caused by others by performing dangerous surfing on the edge of isolationism. Whenever bad times came, the government just shut its doors. When the good times came rolling in, the doors flew open and billions rolled in. The Japanese people enjoy some of the highest standards of living in the world, with many spending more money in a week than people in some other nations do in a year.

Yet, every rose has a thorn. The word here is nationalism. Despite their great power and enormous wealth, or perhaps because of it, Japan has become increasingly nationalistic and self-righteous. Foreigners are discriminated against as ever, and immigration rates dropped to an all-time-low of only 2,000 in 2049. The business climate has gotten to the point where small businesses, especially- particularly- foreign ones, are choked out by the massive super-corporations such as Mitsubishi, Sumitomo, Kawasaki, Japan Industries, Takaoka and the like. Japan's warped class system is now one where your geographical position is considered as well. While Tokyoites could spend thousands of dollars a day shopping, Okinawans would be hard-pressed to even get a job. Not the entire country is a technological paradise either. Farms in the countrysides, extremely important for the Japanese people's survival, are disturbingly rural, with water buffaloes being used.

As 2050 rises, will Japan contribute to the world with her enormous capital and immense technological prowess? Or will she destroy it completely with the secret technologies on the Horaisan platforms and her massive military forces? Only time will tell...
Last edited by Toishima on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:18 am

Miracum that reserve number is ridicioulus.
Myansaland wrote:

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:17 am

Parhe wrote:Are all the applications from the old thread on hold? Not to antagonize but honestly China's app was sort of a way to control the history of the rest of Asia and make it is it's playground.

I put some rules about unions of nations in the app. China will have to re-post his/her app so that I can approve it. I will approve all current apps by 8:30 AM EST!
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:21 am

Cerrania wrote:
Parhe wrote:Are all the applications from the old thread on hold? Not to antagonize but honestly China's app was sort of a way to control the history of the rest of Asia and make it is it's playground.

I put some rules about unions of nations in the app. China will have to re-post his/her app so that I can approve it. I will approve all current apps by 8:30 AM EST!

Isn't Miracums reserves a little much?
Myansaland wrote:

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:32 am

I hope my application for Japan is acceptable. I love these future RPs.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:37 am

[quote="The New Lowlands";p="17586977"]Let's give this a shot.

Nation Name: Western European Federation
Population (Estimated 2050): 179,728,000
Head of State: Anna Duplessis
Government Type: Democratic Federation
Military: Active: 800,000 Reserve: 70,000 Auxiliary: 5,000 Foreign Legion: 10,000.
History (2013-2050): IN 2013, the situation looked rather dire for the European Union. A slow recovery, low business confidence, and anti-EU sentiment in most of it's key member states combined to pose a dire threat to the international coalition.
2015 didn't look much better. Although France's economy had rapidly expanded, Spain had been broken by the independence of Catalonia, Italy was divided by mafia gangs, and the Ukraine had been lost to the Kremlin. By 2016, the EU had been largely abandoned by all but Italy, France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, and Portugal.
But 2017 saw the ascension to the position of MEP a visionary legend; Boris Johnson. The ex-mayor of London, after publishing his most famed book, the [i]Dream of Rome,[/i] had grown fascinated with the decline of the Union saw the opportunity to pursue even greater heights, and took it. Within two years, he had reversed the trend of the EU's reputation by restoring economic strength to Spain, France, and Portugal, and bringing Catalonia into the Union. This newfound economic capacity allowed Boris to encourage investment into GM and nuclear power; demographic explosions in Italy and Spain baffled geographers as Mr. Johnson, now President of the European Union, defied all predictions and rode a referendum victory in 2018 to become the first President of the European Federation. Croatia, Slovenia, and Austria soon rejoined the Union, becoming full Federation members in 2019, just as Germany invaded Denmark.
Outraged followed at the W.E.F. that it had failed to protect one of the Union's member states, and the European Union was disbanded as the remaining members moved on to their own affairs. The Federation, however, struggled on; by 2027, ESA had sent a manned mission to the Red Planet of Mars, and the Federation had become a beacon of hope in an otherwise darkening world. This era of glory ended with the unfortunate assassination of President Johnson by a Catalonian Anarchist; he was followed by President Yohannes Rikter, a Belgian, who instituted strict anti-nationalist laws throughout the Federation. Despite his unpopularity, Rikter was a capable administrator, and foresaw the looming demographic time bomb that loomed in the heavily-populated south when global warming began to rear his head. He ordered the rapid expansion of desalination and nuclear energy plants in Spain and Italy while continuing to encourage ever more extravagant geo-engineering in order to counteract the effects of human activity; Venice was drowned and turned into an enormous harbour, Rome was bulldozed and rebuilt on higher ground, and Madrid had to be all but abandoned, bowled over to make way for an artificial lake in order to prevent the region from drying out. Rikter's short term ended with his own assassination at the hands of his guards- this was, of course kept quiet.
This did not bode well for the third President of the Federaton, who ascended to his illustrious office in 2034. President Gonzalez's term was a long and calm one; the most he is remembered for is bring Luxembourg into the Federation. Nonetheless, Gonzalez's quiet, bureaucratic style held a conniving genius; under his administration, the Federation developed an independent sixth-generation fighter project using both their own research and technology hacked from various other powers by the newly-established Cyberwarfare Corps, the entirety of the military's 5,000-man 'Auxiliary.' Gonzalez also established the 10,000-strong European Foreign Legion, consisting of the former French and Spanish Foreign Legions combined, and finally standardised Federation military equipment. This was all done, of course, in preparation for a war with Germany.
By 2046, his rule had proven less popular than that of the incumbent Anna Duplessis, a Frenchwoman who had almost entirely grown up in Federal times. She replaced him as President and brought the Federation's economic affairs fully into order once more, expanding the agricultural sector (whose importance had grown to feed hungry masses abroad) as well as the tertiary sectors of the economy. Duplessis also insisted on the renovation of the Federal Navy and has made overtures to the British and German authorities for unification by some means. Whether she will succeed is, of course, unclear.[/quote]
As long as the WEF only has 5 member nations at the start of the Roleplay, you're accepted.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:39 am

Epraria wrote:
Cerrania wrote:I put some rules about unions of nations in the app. China will have to re-post his/her app so that I can approve it. I will approve all current apps by 8:30 AM EST!

Isn't Miracums reserves a little much?

I will get to it. For now, you needn't worry about anybody's app other than yours.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:22 am

Nation Name: Federation of the Americas
Population (Estimated 2050): 488,000,000
Head of State: President Diego Almagro
Government Type: Federal constitutional republic
Military: 2 million active with 7 million in reserve, (mixed with all forces)
History (2013-2050)
2015- After nuclear war ravaged the middle east the oil rich nations of Venezuela, Brazil and Chile united to consolidate their economic. political and military power.
2020- The rest of South America had joined the Federation
2022- The Federation becomes increasingly 1st world, with a massive middle class and a skyrocketing GDP per capita
2025- The Federation sets its sights on becoming the worlds number one energy producer
2030- The Federation sets up numerous puppet states across the remaining Caribbean and central american nations
2034- The Federation because incredibly more militant, asserting its influence across weak nations of western Africa
2040- The Federation keeps growing its influence across Africa
2045- The Federations military spending now accounts for 15% of its budget
2050- The Federation makes plans to annex its puppet nations in the Caribbean and Central America
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse