NATION

PASSWORD

[draft] religion vs. evolution

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Likia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

[draft] religion vs. evolution

Postby Likia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:40 am

De$cription: after professer @@randomname@@ was arrested for teaching evolution to his students, the public has been clamoring for you to take action

[Option]"THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!" Yells @@randomame@@, head of RID or Religion is dumb "all schools must be required to teach evolution as the only viable course of thought, I mean honestly do these people expect us to believe in some sky fairie!!"
(Effect): kid's are learning how any religous believers are idiots.
(Stats): spirituality decreases, intelligence slightly increases, rudeness increasess

[Option]"What! Some sky fairie!" Shouts religous figure @@randomname@@ "the lord is much more plausibe than a fish giving birth to a dinasour! I mean a watch does not make itself! The theory of evolution must be banned! We must only speak to our children of how he created us, or we shall burn forever!
(Effect): evolution is regarded like the loch ness monster. In fact nessie's more believable
(Stats):spirituality increases, intelligence decreases, taxes decrease

[Option]Woah. Calm down, calm down. There's no need for either extreme" says @@randomname@@
"how about we just have people teach both theories, but not say which one is right, so the student's can decide!
(Effect): no one is sure what they believe anymore
(Stats) taxes increase, openess increases,
Last edited by Likia on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a she, not a he
freedom for all and everyone
there are fights worth fighting, but, let's be nice
I stood right by the tracks
your face in a locket
good girls,hopeful they'll be
and long they will wait
Since you obviously love me!Likia
Gauthier wrote:If Texas got any more backwards, it might warp through the fabric of the universe and end up progressive by accident.

Likia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Likia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 am

So, this is my idea for an issue, I'd appreciate your feedback in this, but be nice . (It's my first issue)

This isn't bump, but it's hard to scroll down.
I am a she, not a he
your face in a locket
and long they will wait
Gauthier wrote:If Texas got any more backwards, it might warp through the fabric of the universe and end up progressive by accident.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 am

A similar issue is already in game.
Issue #146: Evolution: Truth Or Witchcraft?

Lenyo
Powerbroker

Founded: May 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenyo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Luna Amore wrote:A similar issue is already in game.

I love opt1 of that dilemma so much. Kidnapping someone is definitely the most efficient way to convince them of your political views.
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular
representatives of the oppressing class shall represent and repress them in parliament.

Lenin, State and Revolution (1917)

Likia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Likia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Oh good! I created this just because I wanted to anwser something like this.
I am a she, not a he
your face in a locket
and long they will wait

Albrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Albrook » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Likia wrote:

Oh good! I created this just because I wanted to anwser something like this.

Luna was saying that this would be a duplicate issue, a needless repeat of it. We already got one, a bit more well written one out there already.

Can you focus on like a certain type of evolution? Like an issue that applies to nations that believe in Evolution the choice between Gradualism, Natural Selection, and a disbelief or something?

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Likia wrote:
De$cription: after professer @@randomname@@ was arrested for teaching evolution to his students, the public has been clamoring for you to take action

[Option]"THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!" Yells @@randomame@@, head of RID or Religion is dumb "all schools must be required to teach evolution as the only viable course of thought, I mean honestly do these people expect us to believe in some sky fairie!!"
(Effect): kid's are learning how any religous believers are idiots.
(Stats): spirituality decreases, intelligence slightly increases, rudeness increasess

[Option]"What! Some sky fairie!" Shouts religous figure @@randomname@@ "the lord is much more plausibe than a fish giving birth to a dinasour! I mean a watch does not make itself! The theory of evolution must be banned! We must only speak to our children of how he created us, or we shall burn forever!
(Effect): evolution is regarded like the loch ness monster. In fact nessie's more believable
(Stats):spirituality increases, intelligence decreases, taxes decrease

[Option]Woah. Calm down, calm down. There's no need for either extreme" says @@randomname@@
"how about we just have people teach both theories, but not say which one is right, so the student's can decide!
(Effect): no one is sure what they believe anymore
(Stats) taxes increase, openess increases,

Why does Option 1 increase intelligence, and Option 2 decrease intelligence?

I've yet to see a shred of evidence that shows that there's any difference in intelligence between people who believe in creationism and people who believe in evolution.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:31 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:Why does Option 1 increase intelligence, and Option 2 decrease intelligence?

I've yet to see a shred of evidence that shows that there's any difference in intelligence between people who believe in creationism and people who believe in evolution.

It's irrelevant. A similar issue already exists in game. This draft is dead. If you want to debate evolution and creationism, go to General.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?