NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion of Australia?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Aerodiak
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Your opinion of Australia?

Postby Aerodiak » Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 am

Tell me what you think of Australia whether you've been here or not. What do you presume Australia would be like? Discuss here :D
Last edited by Aerodiak on Tue May 28, 2013 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Aerodiak Zone."

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue May 28, 2013 3:01 am

It's awesome, from Kangaroo Jack to Outback Steakhouse to the guy who got harpooned in the chest!

Cereally, I like Australia. If I ever had to leave the US, it would be my first choice.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue May 28, 2013 3:05 am

I have newer and will newer travel to that place. I don't particularly care for beaches or deserts. And from what I understand that's all it has to offer. Not that you will actually get to enjoy it even if you are into such things because you won't survive 5 steps outside of the airport before being stung, bitten, stung and bitten, scratched, clawed, chewed, kicked, devoured, poisoned or any combination of any number of the above. I mean have you seen the size of the spiders they have there? And snakes? And sea snakes? And sharks? And poisonous fish and water stuff that is not sharks? And the platupy?!!

Seriously. The natives newer got out of the stone age for a bloody reason. Every time they tried nature must have kicked them back.
Last edited by Purpelia on Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

ThemSandFolk
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ThemSandFolk » Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 am

It's no New Zealand, but I don't hold it against them.
Pro-Conservative Democrats.
Pro-Health Care.
Pro-Gun Rights.
Pro-Federal Government.
Pro-Legal Immigration.
Pro-Religion.
Pro-Regulated Economy.
Pro-Death Penalty.
Pro-Military...
Anti-Gay Marriage.
Anti-Racial/Handicap/Religious/Class Descrimination.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue May 28, 2013 3:07 am

Purpelia wrote:I have newer and will newer travel to that place. I don't particularly care for beaches or deserts. And from what I understand that's all it has to offer. Not that you will actually get to enjoy it even if you are into such things because you won't survive 5 steps outside of the airport before being stung, bitten, stung and bitten, scratched, clawed, chewed, kicked, devoured, poisoned or any combination of any number of the above. I mean have you seen the size of the spiders they have there? And snakes? And sea snakes? And sharks? And poisonous fish and water stuff that is not sharks? And the platupy?!!

Seriously. The natives newer got out of the stone age for a bloody reason. Every time they tried nature must have kicked them back.

Newer?

Aerodiak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aerodiak » Tue May 28, 2013 3:07 am

Purpelia wrote:I have newer and will newer travel to that place. I don't particularly care for beaches or deserts. And from what I understand that's all it has to offer. Not that you will actually get to enjoy it even if you are into such things because you won't survive 5 steps outside of the airport before being stung, bitten, stung and bitten, scratched, clawed, chewed, kicked, devoured, poisoned or any combination of any number of the above. I mean have you seen the size of the spiders they have there? And snakes? And sea snakes? And sharks? And poisonous fish and water stuff that is not sharks? And the platupy?!!

Haha, that made me laugh so hard.
"You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Aerodiak Zone."

Madda
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Madda » Tue May 28, 2013 3:09 am

It should still be a British colony.
The Madda Empire is a monarchy. We have a strong social safety net and all of our businesses are government owned in a form of state-capitalism.

Rumostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Tue May 28, 2013 3:10 am

I love Australia and my aunt, uncle and sister live there. I am tempted to move there one day.
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a non practising Sunni Muslim
Lelouch is amazing and should be a god
I am a Conservative (UK)

Beta Test
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Beta Test » Tue May 28, 2013 3:10 am

Australia!! My home country!! A beautiful country that has many untouched parts.
Member of the Coalition of Workers and Farmers
Michael Ferreira: President of the Senate
Philip Awad: Former Secretary of Rural Development

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Tue May 28, 2013 3:12 am

Mike the Progressive wrote:

Newer?

Purp has a thing against the V in "never". Just look at his signature.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Aerodiak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aerodiak » Tue May 28, 2013 3:12 am

Mike the Progressive wrote:It's awesome, from Kangaroo Jack to Outback Steakhouse to the guy who got harpooned in the chest!

Cereally, I like Australia. If I ever had to leave the US, it would be my first choice.

"The guy who got harpooned in the chest".

Are you maybe thinking of the man that got stabbed by a stingray in the chest?

If so then his name is Steve Irwin. Australian legend and treasure :)

Churchilland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchilland » Tue May 28, 2013 3:14 am

You may have beaten us a few times in Cricket and Tennis and Swimming and Rugby and Football and etc ... But at least you still have our Queen! :twisted:
Churchilland Embassy Project
Personification, as done by The Merchant Republics
The National anthem "Ode to the Nation"
Morgan Jones Tea Shops
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graph ... 66_eng.jpg
Ceannairceach wrote:
Because Britain is the other, better America. Its like America 1.0, when America 2.0 failed miserably.

Zuri Nyuni wrote:
There are things men speak only in hushed voices, afraid that if the wind caught their words, great evil would befall them. One of these things is Birmingham. The other is Peirs Morgan.

Ifreann wrote:
Maybe thinking the Illuminati exist is what the Illuminati want us to think.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 am

Australia's a place. There are people there.

And big spiders. :(
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Tue May 28, 2013 3:16 am

Mike the Progressive wrote:It's awesome, from Kangaroo Jack to Outback Steakhouse to the guy who got harpooned in the chest!

With only one of those three being Australian
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Aerodiak
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aerodiak » Tue May 28, 2013 3:16 am

Madda wrote:It should still be a British colony.

I beg to differ.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue May 28, 2013 3:18 am

Blouman Empire wrote:

With only one of those three being Australian

Don't hate.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 am

Aerodiak wrote:
Madda wrote:It should still be a British colony.

I beg to differ.

So do I Australia was never a British colony
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Neu Preussische Republik
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Preussische Republik » Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 am

Well, my girlfriend lives in Tasmania, so. :P

I would like to visit one day, but I'm not sure I'd want to move there.
I am a registered Independent, an enthusiast of Political and Economic history and an American Citizen.
[5]
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46
Map | Current flag

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 am

Australia is just south of the Philippines and honestly I love Australian accents. When they prononce Blimey, crickey, mate and Bondai. It's full of character.
Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

ThemSandFolk
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ThemSandFolk » Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 am

Blouman Empire wrote:
Aerodiak wrote:I beg to differ.

Penal colony?
Pro-Conservative Democrats.
Pro-Health Care.
Pro-Gun Rights.
Pro-Federal Government.
Pro-Legal Immigration.
Pro-Religion.
Pro-Regulated Economy.
Pro-Death Penalty.
Pro-Military...
Anti-Gay Marriage.
Anti-Racial/Handicap/Religious/Class Descrimination.

Madda
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Madda » Tue May 28, 2013 3:21 am

Blouman Empire wrote:
Aerodiak wrote:I beg to differ.

Really? Care to elaborate?
The Madda Empire is a monarchy. We have a strong social safety net and all of our businesses are government owned in a form of state-capitalism.

The Islands of Metanoia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Metanoia » Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 am

ThemSandFolk wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Penal colony?

Lol. But that's a long while back. Most Australians today are not indentured criminals.
Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Tue May 28, 2013 3:23 am

It's a shame it's not real.
A leopard in every home, you know it makes sense.

Alexander Sothis
Attaché

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alexander Sothis » Tue May 28, 2013 3:23 am

Frankly, I feel like the only American who has never had the desire to travel to Australia. Having traveled to other countries, let me explain my very biased reasoning. Since you did ask the question, I will answer honestly here, No offense, but these are my initial, biased, and offensive perceptions:

1. Ayers Rock does not seem that interesting... Its a large rock in the middle of nowhere. Is anyone impressed besides geologists?
2. I do not think the Sydney Opera House is an example of any sort of Architecture worthy to visit. I would much rather see the classical architecture of Europe or China.
3. Meeting an Australian in America is cool, good stories, nice accent... having everyone with that accent, and the slightly different English would be nausiating. I ran into such a situation in Hong Kong, where all the Australians went to one particular bar. While the people were quite friendly, I had difficulty understanding their 'slang'.
4. Australia is mostly arid. If a person likes Arizona, they may like Australia. I do not care for Arizona. (just my perception).
5. In grade school we learned some Australian Song "Kookoberra sits on the Old Gum Tree" --Enough said.
6. Kangaroos kick you, and Kuala's are actually quite feisty, I've heard. Noone is really interested in the Platypus.
7. One word: Dingos
8. The Rat plagues you all have are a shame.

On the flip side, your reefs would be one site I would want to see, that and Christchurch.... Oh wait, thats New Zealand... oops.

:)
Last edited by Alexander Sothis on Tue May 28, 2013 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Afalia
Senator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Tue May 28, 2013 3:25 am

Massive fan of Australia. I am British but have an Australian passport and numerous family members living there. It's a conflict of loyalties every time the Ashes comes round.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General