NATION

PASSWORD

What is your nation's worse punishment?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ayla Taksidi
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayla Taksidi » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Avada Kedavra.

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 pm

Death by getting devoured by carnivorous guards, for Humans only
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Sudzhensk
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudzhensk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:40 pm

Life imprisonment is our nations worst punishment.
Sudzhensk Official Factbook
"Human stupidity is, and always shall be, infinite and it's irrevocable to change it." - Alexander Rosovsky, Scientist, 1964.

"War is an illness that can never be cured." - Alexander Rosovsky, Scientist, 1962.

"An amateur practices until he can get it right, a professional practices until he never gets it wrong." - Alexander Rosovsky, Scientist, 1965.

"Barbarians have no culture what-so-ever, we must rid their pestilence." - Colotev Khaeny, Military Leader, 1982.

"To fear something makes you stronger, yet not to fear moves you in the complete opposite direction." - Catherine Lyuit, Queen of Sudzhensk (dead), 1654

Mount Bordeaux
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Bordeaux » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:15 pm

The worst punishment in Mount Bordeaux would be the death penalty for murder and treason. The second worst is life in prison for other capital crimes.
Factbook
President: William Laurent
Vice President: Angelina Besoviwitz
Capital: Rosslyn

Vashta Nerada
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:17 am

Our sentencing policy is split into two parts:

Those convicted of robbery, battery, civil disobedience, and other "minor" offences, are imprisoned for a given period.

Those convicted of rape, murder, and treason, recieve the death penalty.
Last edited by Vashta Nerada on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

Vashta Nerada
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 am

Those convicted of robbery, battery, civil disobedience, and other "minor" offences, are sentenenced to tortured for a given period.

The Inquisitor's Guild is tasked with handling our torture for life policy.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

Vashta Nerada
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:20 am

Those convicted of robbery, battery, civil disobedience, and other "minor" offences, are sentenenced to tortured for a given period.

The Inquisitor's Guild is tasked with handling our torture for life policy.

Herminia
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herminia » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:22 am

Being sent to a concentration camp, where you're never seen again, reserved for Communists, Gypsies, Jews, Anarchists, and any who speak out against the government.
No, in RL, I'm not a Nazi, I'm just an ordinary guy who knows the true politics behind it.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Long live the Empire! A thousand Huzzahs for Herminia, and may our most esteemed Chancellor, the handsome devil, die a most noble and courageous death soon!

Canadai wrote:Seeing that, in a modern setting, scares the @#!*% out of me.

I have to say, you're by far the best at RPing a modern Nazi nation I've seen. Right down to the national motto.

in Herminia, gays are given the honour of executing communists

you truly are an enlightened nation

Zis nation has elements of magic, oppressed Nichtmenschen, and Nazi Super Science, zere is no realism with me

Wanjestay
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanjestay » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:32 am

Wanjestay's strictest punishment depends on the province or city district. In 3 of the 27 provinces and 6 of the 20 city districts a form of sharia law is in place. In all provinces and districts however, multiple murders (multiple meaning two or more at any time of your life, even if unconnected and several years apart.), and treason (treason meaning spying for a foreign state, assassinating or attempting to, a member of government and revealing state secrets without express permission from the First Minister and Head Elector) carries a sentence of death. However due to the Decree on Crime Reparations 2021, a death row inmate cannot be executed until a figure of 20,000 Tiras has been earned in forced labour.

Illithar
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Illithar » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:40 am

For some of our worst crimes: child molestation, treason, espionage, rape, multiple horrific homicide, etc., the punishment is usually decapitation via a sword. The sentence is usually carried out in private, except in treason cases or high profile criminals.
Mentsch tracht, Gott lacht. "Man plans, God laughs"
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
FactBook of Illithar

Aglrinia
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aglrinia » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:15 am

Last edited by Aglrinia on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:32 am

In Charlotte Ryberg, the worst punishment possible is for murder, and that's in practice mandatory life without parole, since victims' families must approve any hope of a minimum tariff.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:41 am

The worst punishment in the Galladian Empire is death by guillotene. This is reserved for those who commit the crime of high treason. Serious crimes, such as murder or rape, are punishable by life imprisonment. This is not a 25 year sentence like many other nations, but a true life sentence, where the convicted is imprisoned until death, then buried in an unmarked grave within the prison walls.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Letat
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Letat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Severe crimes, such as premeditated murder, certain acts of paedophilia (such as the rape of a child), and treason would earn life sentences in a Labor and Detention Center. The Letatian system of criminal justice is founded on a theory of rehabilitation and restoration rather than retribution. Thus, convicted criminals are made to set right the wrongs they have performed. Capital punishment has not been employed since revolutionary times, when Royal officials of sufficiently villainous reputations could expect to be executed as soon as the firing squads could find enough spectators.
:::Sans la liberté de blâmer, il n'est point d'éloge flatteur:::
:::Absent the freedom to criticize, there is no flattering praise:::

DeArshin
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby DeArshin » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Any citizens found to be guilty of murder, treason or conspiracy of any form are immediately shot in the courtroom, as an example to all those observing. The television broadcast is not censored. Assault faces a similar punishment, however, the shot is not aimed to kill on the first offense.
Last edited by DeArshin on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral Alekai Koloskov,

Protectorate of DeArshin,
Under The Commonwealth of Gathus,
Kaitania Region.

Shia Majority
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shia Majority » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:06 pm

The Death Penalty is the one thing criminals pray they recieve.

Nothing like the face on a guy that refused it when a red hot fireplace poker is inserted into his rectum.
Also known as: Ganymede
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

Hydesland wrote:Frankly I don't want gays in my neighbourhood, I'm worried they might sneak through my rear entrance!! And if they ever come to my door, I'll just blow them off, they aren't getting inside my property!

Thurask wrote:My ears are bleeding. I'd rather listen to a vuvuzela connected to a horse's ass.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:Thinking about Shia.

Hyperiox wrote:Oh Zod, now I'm going to hear my little cousin is fapping for Justin Beiber concert tickets. :shock:

Orcoa
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orcoa » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:38 pm

the worse punishment is saved for the worst criminals in Orcoa. We take the criminals that do the worst crimes and tie them up on a post. A Reiksguard (Our knightly order and best army order) knight would take a sword or axe and cut the head off the criminals. The bodies are throw to Orcoan Wolves for them to feed for its a unhonorable thing to be eating by wolves and not kill them with pride and honor. The skulls of the criminals are used for armor symbols in knight orders in Orcoa
Long Live The Wolf Emperor!
This is the song I sing to those who screw with me XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnFhnpEgKY
"this is the Internet: The place where religion goes to die." Crystalcliff Point

Pickled Tinkistan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pickled Tinkistan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Not that there is much crime in Pickled Tinkistan, but the worst crime is covering up for and concealing incompetence (Recognising your faults and limitations is one of the highest virtues in the nation).

For this crime, they are tried and handed over to the intelligence training division for use as a practical test subject until they die. This can take quite a while given their level of skill and the hardiness of the average citizen.

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Death is the most severe penalty our legal codes make provision for.
For civilians this is administered by lethal injection.
For war criminals we can either have long drop hanging or firing squad as the penalty. (Hanging is in the naval code, firing squad is in the army code)

The lethal injection is painless with death being near instantaneous. And the long drop hanging ensures that the neck of the convict is broken and the spinal cord severed resulting in near instant death. The firing squad method uses 5 marksmen with anti-materiel rifles aiming for the head and death is by destruction of brain tissue, one of the marksmen at random is issued with rifle loaded with a blank so that the execution squad members can always tell themselves that they might of been the one that fired the blank if they feel guilty afterward.

The death penalty being carried out however is a unusual event and despite our large population we only carry out one or two executions a year.
Execution is regarded as the ultimate punishment for the most heinous crimes. We also have a three strikes rule for murderers, rapists and slavers. On the third occasion of offense of these crimes the death penalty is applied. Multiple kills, rapes or enslavements in one incident only count as one strike, but the penalty is cumulative for these cases. (all the sentences are added to arrive at the final sentence)

Serious criminals such as murderers, rapists and slavers are mostly given long jail sentences with hard labor if it is their their second offense.
Whilst most criminals are sent to rehabilitation.
Last edited by Novus Niciae on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Quake Strogg
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quake Strogg » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Our worst punishment is exclusively used for Strogg who disobey the Makron. Those Strogg are broken down into Stroyent.
The Tavan Race wrote:

IC: Quake Strogg
As an environmentally bankrupt nation and one built exclusively for war, this species appears to undermine their own purpose for living. As their technology is sufficiently advanced to be a threat to us, and as our most powerful weaponry is biological and would likely not work very well on them, this species scares us to no end. It is likely we would attack this nation on sight, and until they act somewhat drastically to convince us of their good intentions, we are quite paranoid about the Strogg.[/quote]
O.o
/¯/___________________________
| IM'MA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:41 am

Sudzhensk wrote:Life imprisonment is our nations worst punishment.

Same here! You guys upthread are sick!
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:57 am

enslavement to the victims, or families of the victims, of the crime.
even then the perp is sometimes given the option of permanent exile instead.
if they can find another country that won't kill them on sight.

cameroi is more concerned with PREVENTING crime then taking vengeance on those who commit it though.
we recognize the need to avoid sending the message that letting people get away with breaking laws would send,
and for that reason primarily, does punishment exist at all.

most crime can be prevented by preventing the causes and motivations for committing it,
and that is what cameroi is more focused upon.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:14 am

The only crime here is treason. (Note that dissent against the government or the Decepticon Way are forms of treason!)

The official punishment for this is death by meltdown. Usually, this isn't nearly as bad as it seems compared to other methods of execution. The overwhelming heat of the smelting pit will usually cause the subject's mind-boards to shut down within a couple of seconds, rendering him completely oblivious to the rest of the process.

Therefore, the worst official punishment is slow meltdown. In these cases, the condemned are bound and suspended above the pit, then slowly lowered into it feet-first. This way, the heat won't reach the mind-boards for a very long time. This is reserved for high-profile traitors. It was most famously used on our most notorious traitor, Starscream.

Despite the legality of everything non-treasonous, there are certain acts which will surely lead to deadly retribution from the general populace. These forms of retribution are often very terrible...some may even say barbaric. Examples:

Crooked mechanics are typically dismantled alive, piece-by-piece, and their parts used by their furious ex-customers. This is because the only known-good parts in a crooked mechanic's shop are those that the mechanic himself is made of.

Hackers are often forcibly recoded. The end result varies. They can be turned into anything from mine slaves to Atari 2600s, depending on who gets to them first. In any case, their sapience/sentience is left completely intact so that they have full awareness of their new and inglorious position. The only code changes made are those that force them to perform the new function.
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Sartovia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sartovia » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:34 am

Snake pit.
"It's slowly coming this way! DRR DRR DRR"

Sebytania
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebytania » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:40 am

Death penalty, though civilian courts rarely sentence anyone to death.

Which leaves us with exile, labour camps and imprisonment.

Exile is usually preceded by several years of prison time and used against those deemed enemies of the people. A famous example is the self-proclaimed emperor of Sebytania, Boris I, who was sentenced to life in solitary confinement as well as exile. Thus, he serves his sentence on a prison ship anchored at international waters.

Labour camps are generally seen as less harsh than actual imprisonment, and the terms are generally shorter too.

Sebytanian prisons, on the other hand, are usually overcrowded and violence between inmates is frequent. The correctional officers generally ignore it, or beat up prisoners they, for one reason or another, don't happen to like. Solitary confinement is also used for convicts that are seen dangerous to the other prison population. The cells are generally small, roughly cube-shaped rooms that contain a bed, a toilet and a sink.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information