NATION

PASSWORD

Coupe d'Esquarium III (Signup thread, Esq. only)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Masseau
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Coupe d'Esquarium III (Signup thread, Esq. only)

Postby Masseau » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:15 pm

It is that time of year again! This is the third edition of the famous Coupe d'Esquarium, presented to you by Masseau!

Huzzah, everyone. This is the official signup thread for the wonderful Coupe d'Esquarium, a time when all nations of every country to show patriotism for the game they know and love!
Hosted to you by Masseau, with consent from regional sports czar Unolia. I am planning for 32 signups, but I am open to everyone. The deadline for signing up will be by Saturday, October 25th at 11:59 EST. Some rules below:

BASIC RULES:
-Signing up is simple. Just post a comment telling me that you will sign up for the event!
-New nations joining Esquarium after the moment this thread was posted are ineligible to join.
-Regulars returning from CTE status after the moment this thread may join, and we welcome new nations too!
-Only one puppet will be allowed per OOC user (who must declare it as such when entering it) and their final inclusion into the tournament will be entirely up to the host (me).

*Consider this post a signup post for Masseau as well

Discussion and signup thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=313132&p=21990076

So, without further ado, let the signups begin!

SIGNUP COUNT: (1/??)
1. Masseau
2. Unolia
3. Luziyca
4. Katranjiev (Puppet of Luziyca)
5. Gibberan
6. Qianrong
7. Francillie
8. North Daecon
9. Britanno
10. Koyro
11. Ainin
12. Michillies
13. Odissia (Puppet of Michillies)
14. Vyvland
15. Sassau
16. Lyonsland
17. Namor
18. Iglesiantis
19. Atlantia Creek
20. Republika Vilska
21. Vespia (Vashta Nerada)
23. Crolacia
23. Sjalhaven
24. Nidzeslavia (Puppet of Sjalhaven)
25. Sakatia
Last edited by Masseau on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:48 am, edited 18 times in total.
President: Xavier Vargas
Gov't type: Semi-presidential republic (We call it Democratic Republic here in Masseau)
RP Population: 58,877,723
Capital
: Cahokia
Left:-4.12
Libertarian: -1.38

Masseau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:16 pm

This is the bid from the Masseau Futbol Federation, so you know what to expect (Map included!):

Masseau Futbol Federation

Official Host Bid for the Third Coupe de Esquarium

Introduction
IC: Sports are an important part of Masseau's culture, especially football. As far as sports go, the most popular by far is soccer. Masseans eat, live and breathe soccer (As for as sports go). It is not known where futbol was created, but many citizens joke that it was made in Masseau. Masseau has very passionate fans, maybe in all of Southwestern Esquarium.
OOC: Think USA's basketball and american football combined.

Experience
OOC: I've participated in many Sports RPs as Kintratar, my old nation (have not hosted anything). Here is my Premier League (Domestic NewsWires): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=20944917#p20944917

Scorination
OOC: Will be using Xkoronate 0.3.3, as it gets the job done. I have used it before. Modifiers are from -5 (Extreme Defense, Bad Offense) to +5/5 (Extreme Offense, Bad Defense) Please state what your modifier is
in your signup, or I will put it at zero if you'd like.

Format of Groups
OOC: I'm planning on 8 groups of 4 (32 teams) and then having 2/4 teams reach cup. (32-16-8-2-1. Easy.) This will change if we have less/more. If we have less, then it will be 6 groups of 4, or 5 groups of 4. If more sign up, then it will be 6 groups of 6.

RPs/Schedules
OOC: RP's will be graded from 1 to 3 - (0 is no RP) 1 - Below Average 2 - Average/Good 3 - Very Good.

As far as schedules go, I will scorinate/post results every two days. Cutoff will be at 6-8 PM EST, and results from 8-10 PM EST. RP's will be graded on days where I am not scorinating.

BTW, it is UTC -7 in Masseau.
Accomedations/Map

This is the Tropicana Suites, the largest hotel in Masseau. It houses about 1,900 rooms and will be where your players stay in Masseau if Masseau gets the host bid. It was built in 1986 to be the host of the Artisian Games, where all the athletes and their families would stay during the visit. The hotel is located in Millbourne, Masseau, which is the most populous city in Masseau at 2.8 million residents. Enjoy your stay at the five-star hotel designed for athletes!

Venues

This is the most famous Pitch in Masseau. Located in Millbourne, It is only used for Postseason-Premier League games and other sporting events - such as the Coupe de Esquarium. Designed by top-class architects at BNW Varin in 1975, it has recently been updated - in all aspects - to suit all the fans. It has been home to some outstanding matches, and will hopefully to even more. It will be hosting round of 16, quarter finals, semi finals and finals (as well as the inevitable third-place game) so be prepared to watch and enjoy some top-notch football. It has a capacity of 56,286.

Capacity of 49,852. Built in 1963, Renovated in 2006. Home to Horseshoe BFC, located in Horseshoe Beach.

Capacity of 47,441. Built in 1965, Renovated in 2011. Home to Cahokia Wanderers, located in Cahokia.

Capacity of 45,870. Built in 1979, Renovated in 2001. Home to Millbourne AFC, located in Millbourne.

Capacity of 44,766. Built in 1993. Home to Pawnee City, located in Pawnee City.

Capacity of 42,348. Built in 1956, Renovated in 2008. Home to Oceano Crashers, located in Oceano.

Capacity of 41,289. Built in 2005. Home to Wiley Hotspur, located in Wiley.

Capacity of 40,550. Built in 1977, Renovated in 2003. Home to Kennard AC, located in Kennard.
Last edited by Masseau on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gov't type: Semi-presidential republic (We call it Democratic Republic here in Masseau)
Capital

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:20 pm

In, obviously.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:27 pm

In, and here to win our second title for the Coupe D'Esquarium, or your money back.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm in.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Qianrong
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Qianrong » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Might join. I have no clue what to do, though, so I'm not sure.
Formerly Ruridova - Come join Kylaris!
---"Don't kill, and don't be killed, alright? That's the best you can strive for."---

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 pm

In.
Esquarium's favourite French-speaking federal republic gone far-right once

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 pm

I'm in aswell.

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm in.
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Democratic Koyro
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Democratic Koyro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:50 am

Might as well.
THERMOBARIC THERMITE

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:22 am

Sure, why not?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Michillies
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Michillies » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:34 am

And we're back! :D
Last edited by Michillies on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sereníssima Reppública Hesperiana

Accept no substitutes!

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 am

Why are you banning new people?
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed

Vyvland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vyvland » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:10 am

Luziyca wrote:In, and here to win our second title for the Coupe D'Esquarium, or your money back.

Not if we can stop you.

Vyvland's in.
Esquarium's favourite Germanic island nation - De lubsde germanig iylaan Esgerms
Wiki
Region: Esquarium
Population: 28.2 million
Languages: Vyvlander and Dutch
Capital: Lorence/Lohrec, Largest cities: Vlud and Lyksdal
President: Robert Ujson (Liberal), Prime Minister: Kurt Blymont (Conservative)
Area: 260,000 km2
Demonym: Vyvlander

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:32 am

Vyvland wrote:
Luziyca wrote:In, and here to win our second title for the Coupe D'Esquarium, or your money back.

Not if we can stop you.

Vyvland's in.

Don't worry, it won't be Semrov this year: we're sending some fresh faces from Jerusalem. Hail the Jerusalem Emperors!
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Vyvland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vyvland » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:32 am

Luziyca wrote:
Vyvland wrote:Not if we can stop you.

Vyvland's in.

Don't worry, it won't be Semrov this year: we're sending some fresh faces from Jerusalem. Hail the Jerusalem Emperors!

Eegh, why do you refuse to understand how international football works?
Esquarium's favourite Germanic island nation - De lubsde germanig iylaan Esgerms
Wiki

Masseau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:32 am

Britanno wrote:Why are you banning new people?

People that joined after I made the signup thread...
Capital

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Masseau wrote:People that joined after I made the signup thread...

I know. My point is that until signups close, why are people new to Esquarium being denied entry?

Masseau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Alright, people that joined after Oct. 6 are denied entry, because they are very new to Esquarium, and unless it is a puppet or has been doing extensive research, will not know much about Esquarium. Actually, this was also a rule in the Coupe d'Esquarium II and the first Coupe d'Esquarium. So, I am keeping the rule because it has already been implemented as a rule for every CdE we have had.
Capital

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Vyvland wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Don't worry, it won't be Semrov this year: we're sending some fresh faces from Jerusalem. Hail the Jerusalem Emperors!

Eegh, why do you refuse to understand how international football works?

We're Luzzies. We do things differently. Except unlike how the States uses imperial compared to the rest of the world using the proper metric system, we select the winning Luziycan Premier League team to be our national team for a year.

Britanno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Masseau wrote:Alright, people that joined after Oct. 6 are denied entry, because they are very new to Esquarium, and unless it is a puppet or has been doing extensive research, will not know much about Esquarium. Actually, this was also a rule in the Coupe d'Esquarium II and the first Coupe d'Esquarium. So, I am keeping the rule because it has already been implemented as a rule for every CdE we have had.

Why does not knowing as much about Esquarium stop them from participating in a football RP? I don't really get it. I also don't think that precedent is a justification.

You're the host, so I'm not going to demand this, but I don't really see any reason to stop people wanting to join Esquarium from participating in the CdE.

Vyvland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vyvland » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Vyvland wrote:Eegh, why do you refuse to understand how international football works?

We're Luzzies. We do things differently. Except unlike how the States uses imperial compared to the rest of the world using the proper metric system, we select the winning Luziycan Premier League team to be our national team for a year.

But domestic clubs have international players, who won't be eligible to compete for Luziyca.
Wiki

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Vyvland wrote:
Luziyca wrote:We're Luzzies. We do things differently. Except unlike how the States uses imperial compared to the rest of the world using the proper metric system, we select the winning Luziycan Premier League team to be our national team for a year.

But domestic clubs have international players, who won't be eligible to compete for Luziyca.

Except that the Luziycan Premier League players ban non-Luziycan citizens from competing (if there are any on a team that gets promoted, they are dropped from the shortlist). Besides, only amateur and very minor league football clubs even have international players (i.e. non-Luziycan citizens).

Namor
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Will join.
NMR-free since August 2017!

Masseau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Britanno wrote:
Masseau wrote:Alright, people that joined after Oct. 6 are denied entry, because they are very new to Esquarium, and unless it is a puppet or has been doing extensive research, will not know much about Esquarium. Actually, this was also a rule in the Coupe d'Esquarium II and the first Coupe d'Esquarium. So, I am keeping the rule because it has already been implemented as a rule for every CdE we have had.

Why does not knowing as much about Esquarium stop them from participating in a football RP? I don't really get it. I also don't think that precedent is a justification.

You're the host, so I'm not going to demand this, but I don't really see any reason to stop people wanting to join Esquarium from participating in the CdE.

All I'm really saying is that it is already tradition, so why change when change is not needed? That's why I used the rule. Hope that clears it up for you now.
Capital

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports