NATION

PASSWORD

Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament (RP/Results)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Star United States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Schedule

Postby Star United States » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament

Schedule

Monday, June 9 – Opening Ceremony
Tuesday, June 10 – Round One (Match Day 1)
Wednesday, June 11 – Round One (Match Day 2)
Thursday, June 12 – Round One (Match Day 3)
Friday, June 13 – Break Day
Saturday, June 14 – Break Day
Sunday, June 15 – Round Two (Match Day 4)
Monday, June 16 – Round Two (Match Day 5)
Tuesday, June 17 – Round Two (Match Day 6)
Wednesday, June 18 – Quarter-Finals (Match Day 7)
Thursday, June 19 – Semi–Finals (Match Day 8 )
Friday, June 20 – Third Place Match & Final Match (Match Day 9)

Overview
Round One: 34 triathletes competing for 18 slots. 16 are eliminated. (Open Slots: Group A – Top 4, Group B – Top 4, Group C – Top 5, Group D – Top 5)

Round Two: 20 triathletes competing for 8 slots. 12 are eliminated. (Open Slots: Group A – Top 4, Group B – Top 4)

Quarter-Finals: 8 triathletes competing for 4 slots. 4 are eliminated. (Open Slots: Each winner of each match – total of 4)

Semi-Final: 4 triathletes competing for 2 slots. Winners move to the final, losers move to the Third Place Match.

Third Place Match: 2 triathletes competing for the Bronze Slot. Loser gets Copper Slot.

Final: 2 triathetes competing fot 1 the Gold Slot. Loser gets Silver Slot.
Last edited by Star United States on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Western European Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western European Republic » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:05 pm

Tomas de Fariari was preparing figorously for the tournament. He was considered the most skilled swimmer in the Western European Republic. His butterfly was 55.2 seconds per 100 meters, which was barely beaten out by Michael Phelp's speed of 50.77 seconds per 100 meters. He had been preparing for this all his life; his father, although an obscure intellectual, was a passionate swimmer, and his mother was formerly a swimming champion (family friends used to refer to them as the "de Fish family"). He had seen that the other nations were doing little to nothing to prepare their athletes for the competition; he was not worried at all about the triathalon. In a poll of the Western European Republic, 44% of active sports watchers said he would win, and the next highest percentage, for Tyr Gaejac, was 31%. All was coming into place for him in terms of this event. But the one thing that worried him most about it is what would happen if he did worse than his peak. Then, the woman he was dating, Mariana Ritafe, would be unimpressed with him; what would happen then?

Mariana Ritafe was preparing herself, to a level she had not seen before. She was a runner; during the practices in the Western European Republic's national sports preparation center, Tomas gave her a kiss on the cheek before jumping into the pool, which was extremely annoying, given that she had tired herself out to a point unknown by the vast majority of the population. But at least she was almost as prepared as Tomas.

Eddy O'Shawn was practicing the most of all of them. He was naturally skilled; the son of two champion bikers. He was often called the "God of the Wheel" for his incredible speed while biking; he would sometimes complete double lap people who had been practicing for months for a competition. He excelled in the WER's contest for the delegation to the games. President Ditmoshenko is even said to have remark that he was "like a cheetah on the back of a mako". O'Shawn took this in pride.

In all, Coach Matteo Tartiari was extremely proud of his three athletes.
Code: Select all
NEWS: Sec. of Education Tremonti to found International Education Initiative...President Försterling announces plans to "monitor the situation...[and] keep all options on the table" in conflict between Russia and British Crimea

The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 pm

With the brand new government at tge centre. Her Majesty's Ministry of Sports is trying to make a point and prove it's worth. So they participated in this competition.
All six of the Zach athletes are men of the armed forces and are serving in the army, navy and air force.
Jona Lewis is still serving in the military in the highest tension zone of the border. He has been training very hard for this event and hopes to make his nation proud off the battlefield.
Cassedy John has not been in the UKZ since 1999 serving in Her Majesty's Navy in the nation's foreign missions. After the tournament he is going straight away back on that ship. Hope he goes back with some gold.
Harold Weasley is part of Her Majesty's Royal Bodyguards. A special division of the army. Her Majesty has personally encouraged him to represent the nation.
Mark Anthony is a medic in Her Majesty's Royal Air force but his determination and stamina easily frightens the enemy.
Keith Matthias at only 20 is the youngest athlete in the zach squad. He serving in the royal air force.
He has represented his state of Ukhta at the national games and has 5 gold medals to credit.
Robert Malcomb. Serves in the army and has also received the Queens Medal for bravery on the battle field. Hopefully we see him winning the golden arrow, which is the national award for excellence in sports.
Founder of the QUIDDITCH UNITED WORLD CUP
Host of the Aslan Cup I 2013-Cair Paravel (organised by The Council of Narnia)

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Western European Republic » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:41 pm

O'Shawn, Fariari, and Ritafe do their final preparation before the event. The final day has been the toughest for all of them, as that is when Coach Tartiari was the toughest on them. Fariari was in the swimming pool for about half of the day; his fingers seemed more like prunes by the time he got out. Ritafe was running at an extreme pace; Coach Tartiari was amazed that her stamina had improved so quickly. By the 31st lap (there was a brief rest between laps), she was ready to do the Triathlon. She felt incredible; she knew she would do incredible. O'Shawn was practicing in an unusual way. He was cycling around the city of Paris, as amazed onlookers noted how fast he was going. The Western European Republic would surely do extremely well (perhaps even place 2nd or 1st) in the triathlon, sports pundits noted that night.

It all mattered what happened on the 9th.

O'Shawn, Ritafe, and Fariari retired to their rooms that night, although Fariari and Ritafe had chosen the same room. It was 8:30 PM; they needed their sleep for the triathlon tomorrow.

Everything was coming into shape.
NEWS: Sec. of Education Tremonti to found International Education Initiative...President Försterling announces plans to "monitor the situation...[and] keep all options on the table" in conflict between Russia and British Crimea

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:24 am

Group A
Matias Burgisalia
Arnold Erdmann Stumpf
Mariana Costa
Jörg Ulrich Halle
Tome Pio Ferreira
Zach Ivins
Kristfore Churs
One-Arm Willy
Group D
Warren VonHopton
Mark Anthony
Mar Kordar
Battle Axe
Jona Lewis
Keith Matthais
Robert Malcomb
Isaac Bey
Cassedy John
Here we go folks! The Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament is about to get underway and we (HopNation) have three entrants this time around. As no surprise to those loyal Tri fans we have: Arnold Erdmann Stumpf and Jörg Ulrich Halle representing us in Group A and then Warren VonHopton in Group D. With the opening ceremonies just a few hours away we are excited to see what Star United States has in store for us this year. We had an excellent showing in the Fourth edition and have had some other good (not great) successes in other NationStates Triathlon Committee events leading up to this one. So far all three of our athletes have qualified for the big event which will be held near the end of this year. I think, if memory serves, all three are also in the top fifteen of the overall individual rankings. Two of them are in the top five from the looks of my notes. So you could say they are doing well during this year’s triathlon season. Hopefully this tournament is no different and they continue to do well. Lets take a quick look at the three we have participating in this event and what they will be wearing.

Arnold Erdmann Stumpf (currently 2nd in the NTA Rankings)
Arnold is not the greatest triathlete to come out of HopNation, but he certainly has been making a name for himself recently. Arnold excels at the shorter distances and he is always looking for ways to improve on previous event results. When watching him compete he does seem like an alright athlete, but put him in the water and he looks like a drowned cat struggling to keep a float, although this has improved greatly since his very first international competition it continues to be his weak point. If we had to choose a best attribute for Arnold it would have to be his cycling ability, he really knows how to ride so we'll look for him to make up anything lost in the swim on the bike.

Jörg Ulrich Halle (currently 12th in the NTA Rankings)
Halle is an up can comer who has been finishing well in his events. Halle really is an all around Triathlete as he doesn't have an area that we consider his best, though he prefers the shorter distances, he performs well at all distances. If we had to pick a best discipline for him it would be his running, which is where he caught many athletes that were ahead of him after both the swimming and cycling stages in his prior outings. He should excel in any of the stages this time as he has been developing his training to cover longer distances as well as improving his swimming and cycling stages.

Warren VonHopton (currently 5th in the NTA Rankings)
The veteran, the rock to this team. VonHopton is an excellent triathlete and has proven his age is no match for others he competes with. He has graced the top of a podium or two in his day and is expected to do well here. The one thing that gets VonHopton in trouble sometimes is his swimming, something he has been working on but it is still his worst discipline. On the other hand his cycling and running are both top notch. He’s had some of the fastest cycling/running split in past events so look for him to try and repeat that performance here as well.

Tri-Suite
This is a state of the art suite, which is said to reduce overall wind resistance and is the under layer to their wet suites. The wet suite is an exact match to this except that it has long sleeves and covers the entire leg and will be worn over the top of this suite. So in the water and on the land the HopNation triathletes will look the same.

Well I think that about covers it, we’ll get into more group details after the first round. Good luck to all! Brew on, Brew well Hoptonians!
Ringwald Griffinsmith
HopNation Sports Writer

edit: removed the [/box] which was inadvertently not removed the first go 'round
Last edited by HopNation on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Anditia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anditia » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:05 am

Vandry Ready for Fifth Star Tri
Janna Valdis -- Anditon Free Press

James Vandry is considered one of the top Triathletes in the world at the Sprint distance. His performance in the TriHop has shown that, easily placing in the top of his initial group and fairing decently well in the combined competition. Following a bit of time off to deal with life, the 24 year old is looking to prove that he deserves a place amongst the Triathlon elite.

"I needed to focus on what was important. At the time, training had to play second fiddle to the rest of my life. I am fully aware that I won't be able to be an athlete for my entire life, so being able to provide a living wage for myself after I'm done (hopefully not for a number of years) is high up there in my list of priorities. With that said, I may not be able to compete at the highest level -- I've been accepted into a graduate program at Protanic College of the Commonwealth to study quantum neutrino fields. Luckily, my advisor has assured me that most of the work that I will be doing won't directly interfere with most of my competitions - I may have to take one off from time to time, but aside from that, I'll be around." James Vandry was frank during his press conference. "I am more than happy to be representing Anditia in this series. There are a good number of competitors out there, and I hope to be amongst the top."

It should be an exciting competition. Vandry has found himself in the Third Group out of four total groups. As the 19th ranked overall athlete in the NTA rankings, Vandry will most likely see the most competition from 21st ranked Tyr Gaejac and 28th ranked Dimitry Komikova. Even still, the group should be an interesting one, with the winner up in the air. We expect Vandry to place in the top three in the group.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Britannual News

The three 25 year olds are set for Fifth Star Triathlon.

PLACE: Star United States-

Guy Majifi- Ranked 28*

Guy Majifi is a man who has been on the international scene for about a year. His strongest point is Running but his weakest point is running over very long distances. Guy Majifi is looking forward to this saying "I am very excited. I am 25 tomorrow, and I want to start running. I mean, I like these competitions especially Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournaments." He also carried on that he is quite frightened of the epidemic between Britten and The Grand British Kingdom. He stated "I am frightened. Britten is where I live and I come from The Grand British Kingdom. I am in a dangerous position." This made him fly over to Star United States earlier to go and practise in one of the local parks.

Johnson Rogers- Ranked 29*

Johnson Rogers, also 25, hit the Britannual News headlines the first time he entered The Star Triathlon because he was good at everything. He was playing to the best of his ability and was one of the best players in the world, unfortunately, he dropped quite a few places. He is now number 29, one below Guy Majifi, and he is one to look out for as he is stellar in and outdoors. He said the following "I am happy to be here, with two of my good friends. I love them because they help me on the way. They inspire me to do things, even if it is a gold medal between us three, they inspire me to push further. Finally, my little brother, who also took part about a year ago, has undergone so major surgery meaning he will not come this triathlon meeting, though he will be back very soon!"

George Jordan- Ranked 35*

Finally, George Jordan, ranked 35, is a 3rd and last best triathlon in Britonisea. He is an okay person. He looks like Johnson Rogers. He has tanned skin, tall (6"5), brownish hair, white teeth and his foot size is 9. The good thing about George is that he is good a climbing, free climbing actually. How is that going to help? We do not know. We wish him good luck as he may be a dark horse.

* means I do not know if the rank is official or not.
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Western European Republic » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:33 pm

The Western European Republican athletes were in their final day of training. Each was training outside of their specialty; Fariari was practicing some bicycling and some running, and was excelling at both. Ritafe was practicing bicycling (which she was no good at) and swimming, which she was OK at. O'Shawn was outrunning Fariari easily, as well as outswimming Ritafe.

Coach Tartiari was initially very surprised by their excellence in sports outside their specialties, and was extremely proud that they had greatly increased their stamina and speed in each of their non-specialty sports, to the extent that Ritafe was soon a good swimmer and O'Shawn an excellent one (yet not on the scale of Fariari). Fariari and Ritafe were doing very well bicycling, and Fariari and O'Shawn were doing very good running (although O'Shawn was beating out Fariari each time in running).

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Opening Ceremony
Star Stadium
City of Star, Star United States
June 9, 2014

StarSports News - Broadcast

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Star United States
Bienvenidos a los Estrella Estadios Unidos
Bem-vindo a Estrela Estadios Unidos

We are your hosts, Jake and Max!"

"As you all know today is the start of the penta-edition of the Star United States, right Jake?"

"Yes Max, hmm it's been a long history of this tournament, hasn't it been?"

"Yes, four of them done and gone, and todsy we begin the fift-"

"I think they're about to start"

(Announcer in the background) "Ladies and Gentlemen, we begin in 60, 59, 58.."

"Yes indeed Max, they are just starting the countdown"

"Well this time we have 34 triathletes from ten different states joining us today!'

"Yes, anyways Max - we are now gonna turn on the mics im the Stadium"

"Of course"

(Announcer) "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Star United States! ¡Bienvenidos a los Estrella Estadios Unidos! Bem-vindo a Estrela Estadios Unidos!"

Fireworks are heard bursting in the background

(Announcer) "Above the stadium you can see our wonderful flag in fireworks. In the effort of more liberty and unity between our people because With Liberty, We Stand, we present to you the color blue. In the effort of being a pure state, a state of second chances, we present to you the color white."

"Now, may you all rise for the national anthem of Star United States.'

Starian National Anthem plays.

"Star United States, a land of diversity welcomes: Ceni, HopNation, Mattijana, Britonisea, Timbermunich, Anditia, Costa de Ouro, Western European Republic, and The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis"

As each respective flag passes through, announcer states:

"We present to you the flags of the participating states in order to show all the respect that we present them, and to wish them the best in this tournament."

"Now, with no further to do..."

Flags exit the field

"... we present to you the triathletes of Star United States! "

Triathletes appear on the field riding blue and white chariots, each being pulled by two pure white horses. A knight is at front of the line holding the Star United States flag.

"Kristfore C'urz, Ayton Pase, Carson Star, Khan Milo, Gabriel Star, and Isaac Bey will be representing Star United States."

Star United States National Anthem plays as they go around the stadium and park in the field.

"Representing Ceni, Zach Ivins, Tyr Gaejac, and Mar Kordar."

Same things as what the Star United States did, but with respective identifications.

"Arnold Erdmann Stumpf, Jörg Ulrich Halle, and Warren VonHopton, representing HpNation."

The same thing that occurs with previous triathletes occur, with respective identifications.

"Representing Mattijana: Dimitry Komikova, Alexi Trovalyov, and Matias Burgisalia"

The same thing that occurs with previous triathletes occur, with respective identifications.

"Representing Britonisea: Johnson Rogers, Guy Majifi and George Jordan"

"Representing Timbermunich: Great Battle, Great One-Arm Willy, and Great Hatchet Hank"

"James Vandy representing Anditia"

"Isabel Achilles, Mariana Costa, andTomé Pio Ferreira representing Costa de Ouro"

"Representing Western European Republic: Eddy O'Shawn, Mariana Ritafe, and Tomas de Fariari"

"Representing The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis: Jona Lewis, Cassedy John, Harold Weasely, Mark Anthony, Keith Matthais, and Robert Malcomb"

"Please give a round of applause for this honourable triathletes that will be competing in the penta-edition of the Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament! "

Fireworks of many colors go off and the crowd claps as the triathletes exit the field.

"Today we start the fifth anniversary of the Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament, meaning we have gone through four ones previously. Let's review our history"

One firework goes off, bursting into the number one.

"In the first edition, we had a total of 22 triathletes from 22 states. In the penta-edition there is only one state from this tournament, which is Star United States."

"Hostes in Star United States, and the Iaim Nude from Vurted"

One firework goes off, bursting into the number two.

"In the second edition we had 54 triathletes in the Rossyian Union. The victor of this edition is Tobys Great Britain's Alistair Browniee."

One firework goes off, bursting into the number three.

"In the third edition we had a total of 24 triathletes, hosted in Mizuyuki. The victor of this tournament, who is present at this penta-edition, is Zach Ivins from Ceni!"

One firework goes off, bursting into the number four.

"The fourth edition of the tournament was hosted here in Star United States. The victor of this tournament is also present with us tonight, Warren VonHopton of HopNation."

One firework goes off, bursting into the number five.

"Now it's time for the fifth edition, who will join this hall of fame?"

"Once again we welcome you to Star United States for the Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament! The first match is tomorrow, don't miss it!'

Bands comes onto stage and play music as the people exit the stadium.

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:16 am

National heroes prepare for massive contest!

Mattijanans have a love for sport and this is no exception. Many passionate fans are already gathering in star city for the first hugely anticipated race whilst back home, many locals gather in bars and cafés to watch their athletes compete.

Meanwhile, in star city, the triathletes themselves prepare themselves for the opening day. Burgisalia, a big prospect gave an interview for the MCB TV company earlier this morning:

MCB: do you feel nervous ahead of a big event like this?

Burgisalia: not particularly, it's always something any professional athlete tries to block out. You just have to focus on your physical and mental state and keep calm.

MCB: what do you feel your prospects are like?

Burgisalia: I hope I've got good chances! I feel in good condition, so maybe I if I can produce the best I can, I'll have chances of a great opening result!

Can Burgisalia enter the triathlon hall of fame?
Last edited by Mattijana on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Match Day 1 - RP Cut-off

Results are located below!
Last edited by Star United States on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Match Day 1

Postby Star United States » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Round One - Match Day 1

Group A
Track: The Starian Track
Weather: Sunny, 82 F (28 C)

Results
1 Arnold Erdmann Stumpf 1:49:48.80
2 Zach Ivins 1:50:15.39
3 Jorg Ulrich Halle 1:50:40.62
4 Mariana Costa 1:52:22.73
5 Great One-Arm Willy 1:52:59.22
6 Matias Burgisalia 1:54:45.96
7 Tome Pio Ferreira 1:55:48.67
— Kristfore C'urz LAP

Group B
Track: The Klien Track
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 71 F (22 C)

Results
1 Carson Star 1:50:23.20
2 Ayton Pase 1:50:41.20
3 Johnson Rogers 1:50:55.24
4 George Jordan 1:51:10.87
5 Isabel Achilles 1:51:17.74
6 Great Hatchet Hank 1:51:46.41
7 Khan Milo 1:52:27.00
8 Tomas de Fariari 1:54:57.21

Group C
Track: The Zoores Track
Weather: Drizzle, 72 F (22 C)

Results
1 James Vandry 1:50:31.02
2 Guy Majifi 1:50:38.87
3 Tyr Gaejac 1:51:08.13
4 Alexi Trovalyov 1:51:09.97
5 Dimitry Komikova 1:52:16.76
6 Eddy O'Shawn 1:55:00.97
7 Harold Weasely 1:55:59.13
8 Gabriel Star 1:56:03.11
— Mariana Ritafe LAP

Group D
Track: The Mount Track
Weather: Sunny and Windy, 88 F (31 C)

Results
1 Great Battle Axe 1:50:31.52
2 Warren VonHopton 1:51:34.62
3 Jona Lewis 1:52:22.73
4 Isaac Bey 1:53:32.07
5 Mar Kordar 1:54:38.35
6 Cassedy John 1:55:19.80
7 Robert Malcomb 1:55:36.31
8 Mark Anthony 1:55:36.63
— Keith Matthais DNF

HopNation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:23 am

Group A

Arnold Erdmann Stumpf | 1:49:48.80
Zach Ivins | 1:50:15.39
Jörg Ulrich Halle | 1:50:40.62
Mariana Costa | 1:52:22.73
Great One-Arm Willy | 1:52:59.22
Matias Burgisalia | 1:54:45.96
Tome Pio Ferreira | 1:55:48.67
Kristfore Churs | LAP
Group D
Great Battle Axe | 1:50:31.52
Warren VonHopton | 1:51:34.62
Jona Lewis | 1:52:22.73
Isaac Bey | 1:53:32.07
Mar Kordar | 1:54:38.35
Cassedy John | 1:55:19.80
Robert Malcomb | 1:55:36.31
Mark Anthony | 1:55:36.63
Keith Matthais | DNF
And we’re off! The Fifth Star Triathlon is underway and we have some good news to report in terms of our triathletes. Three participants, places 1, 2, 3, and yes I know they are not in the same group but it’s a good start for our three for sure.

In Group A Stumpf got off to a good start and has shown how much improvement he has had in the water with a first place finish. He and Zach Ivins battled for most of this race in the front of the pack along with our other triathlete in group A, Halle. The three of them pulled away early and didn’t look back as they finished a good two minutes ahead of the rest of the field. He were hoping that Halle would overtake Ivins on the run and we would have a one two punch to start Group A, but it wouldn’t be as Halle lost thirty some odd second in the final mile of the run. We are looking for these three to take this group with ease but which order will they be in when the final race of the first round is done? We’ll find out in just a couple short days.

Then in Group D we have VonHopton and he got off to a good start and maintained his lead out of the water all the way through the cycling section. However on the run he seemed to struggle a bit and was over taken by a Great from Timbermunich. Which from the last event they participated this was something very unexpected and it took VonHopton by surprise. Great Battle Axe finished a full minute ahead of VonHopton, who he himself was one minute ahead of the next competitor. The bottom half of this group was where all the action was as the final four finishers were within one minute of each other, not that there was much of a gap from first to last in Group D but VonHopton and Great Battle Axe were five miutes + ahead of the final four.

Hopefully our triathletes can continue to do well and finish at the top of there respective groups, for if they do it will put them in good positions to advance through the knockout runs and hopefully see them atop the podium when all is said and done. See you after the next race.

Brew On! Brew Well Hoptonians!
Ringwald Griffinsmith
HopNation Sports Writer
World Cup
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Star United States » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 am

Star United States
National Triathlon Association

Match Day One - Done.

Group A
Track: The Starian Track
Weather: Sunny, 82 F (28 C)

Results
1 Arnold Erdmann Stumpf 1:49:48.80
2 Zach Ivins 1:50:15.39
3 Jorg Ulrich Halle 1:50:40.62
4 Mariana Costa 1:52:22.73
5 Great One-Arm Willy 1:52:59.22
6 Matias Burgisalia 1:54:45.96
7 Tome Pio Ferreira 1:55:48.67
— Kristfore C'urz LAP

City of Star - Group A competed at the Starian Track under the hot sun! The results of this group were very predictable, as the high rank triathletes take the top three spots, one of them being a former Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament Victor (Zach Ivans). Arnold Erdmann Stumpf won with about six minutes away from the seventh place! Does this foreshadow the future match days left for this group? Maybe so.

Group B
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 71 F (22 C)

Results

Riverside City - Group B completed their first match day on the Klein Track! It was rather warm, but the clouds blocked most of the sun out. Two Starian (from Star United States) triathletes took both top two places in the first match. Most of the times were rather close, so this isn't a very predictable group because anything can happen. Surprises do always happen.

Group C
Weather: Drizzle, 72 F (22 C)

Results
— Mariana Ritafe LAP

Woodbed City - Group C got a wonderful view on their first match day as they raced through the National Reserve and Zoo. James and Guy were seconds apart, but James took first place while Guy trailed behind a couple of seconds. Could the Top 5 of this match be the ones who move on?

Group D
Track: The Mount Track
Weather: Sunny and Windy, 88 F (31 C)

Results
1 Great Battle Axe 1:50:31.52
2 Warren VonHopton 1:51:34.62
3 Jona Lewis 1:52:22.73
4 Isaac Bey 1:53:32.07
5 Mar Kordar 1:54:38.35
6 Cassedy John 1:55:19.80
7 Robert Malcomb 1:55:36.31
8 Mark Anthony 1:55:36.63
— Keith Matthais DNF

Jackson City - Group D battled it out on the Mount Yrack, where it was rather sunny and very windy. Many expected VonHopton to take first placr, right? Well, surprisingly Great Battle Axe took first place with about a minute in difference. This will be an interesting outcome for the next two matches!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:14 am

Britannual News

The Grand British Kingdom is angry, but it doesn't faze Guy!

StarSports News - Broadcast

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Star United States
Bienvenidos a los Estrella Estadios Unidos
Bem-vindo a Estrela Estadios Unidos

We are your hosts, Jake and Max!"

"As you all know today is the start of the penta-edition of the Star United States, right Jake?"

"Yes Max, hmm it's been a long history of this tournament, hasn't it been?"

"Yes, four of them done and gone, and todsy we begin the fift-"

"I think they're about to start"

(Announcer in the background) "Ladies and Gentlemen, we begin in 60, 59, 58.."

"Yes indeed Max, they are just starting the countdown"

"Well this time we have 34 triathletes from ten different states joining us today!'

"Yes, anyways Max - we are now gonna turn on the mics im the Stadium"

"Of course"

(Announcer) "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Star United States! ¡Bienvenidos a los Estrella Estadios Unidos! Bem-vindo a Estrela Estadios Unidos!"

Fireworks are heard bursting in the background

(Announcer) "Above the stadium you can see our wonderful flag in fireworks. In the effort of more liberty and unity between our people because With Liberty, We Stand, we present to you the color blue. In the effort of being a pure state, a state of second chances, we present to you the color white."

"Now, may you all rise for the national anthem of Star United States.'

Starian National Anthem plays.

"Star United States, a land of diversity welcomes: Ceni, HopNation, Mattijana, Britonisea, Timbermunich, Anditia, Costa de Ouro, Western European Republic, and The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis"

As each respective flag passes through, announcer states:

"We present to you the flags of the participating states in order to show all the respect that we present them, and to wish them the best in this tournament."

"Now, with no further to do..."

Flags exit the field

"... we present to you the triathletes of Star United States! "

Triathletes appear on the field riding blue and white chariots, each being pulled by two pure white horses. A knight is at front of the line holding the Star United States flag.

"Kristfore C'urz, Ayton Pase, Carson Star, Khan Milo, Gabriel Star, and Isaac Bey will be representing Star United States."

Star United States National Anthem plays as they go around the stadium and park in the field.

"Representing Ceni, Zach Ivins, Tyr Gaejac, and Mar Kordar."

Same things as what the Star United States did, but with respective identifications.

"Arnold Erdmann Stumpf, Jörg Ulrich Halle, and Warren VonHopton, representing HpNation."

"Representing Mattijana: Dimitry Komikova, Alexi Trovalyov, and Matias Burgisalia"

"Representing Britonisea: Johnson Rogers, Guy Majifi and George Jordan"

"Representing Timbermunich: Great Battle, Great One-Arm Willy, and Great Hatchet Hank"

"James Vandy representing Anditia"

"Isabel Achilles, Mariana Costa, andTomé Pio Ferreira representing Costa de Ouro"

"Representing Western European Republic: Eddy O'Shawn, Mariana Ritafe, and Tomas de Fariari"

"Representing The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis: Jona Lewis, Cassedy John, Harold Weasely, Mark Anthony, Keith Matthais, and Robert Malcomb"

"Please give a round of applause for this honourable triathletes that will be competing in the penta-edition of the Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament! "

Fireworks of many colors go off and the crowd claps as the triathletes exit the field.

"Today we start the fifth anniversary of the Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament, meaning we have gone through four ones previously. Let's review our history"

One firework goes off, bursting into the number one.

"In the first edition, we had a total of 22 triathletes from 22 states. In the penta-edition there is only one state from this tournament, which is Star United States."

"Hostes in Star United States, and the Iaim Nude from Vurted"

One firework goes off, bursting into the number two.

"In the second edition we had 54 triathletes in the Rossyian Union. The victor of this edition is Tobys Great Britain's Alistair Browniee."

One firework goes off, bursting into the number three.

"In the third edition we had a total of 24 triathletes, hosted in Mizuyuki. The victor of this tournament, who is present at this penta-edition, is Zach Ivins from Ceni!"

One firework goes off, bursting into the number four.

"The fourth edition of the tournament was hosted here in Star United States. The victor of this tournament is also present with us tonight, Warren VonHopton of HopNation."

One firework goes off, bursting into the number five.

"Now it's time for the fifth edition, who will join this hall of fame?"

"Once again we welcome you to Star United States for the Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament! The first match is tomorrow, don't miss it!'

Bands comes onto stage and play music as the people exit the stadium.

Guy Majifi, George and Johnson all came in the stadium where they will be in the next week or so. They were announced as Britonisea. When the narrator in the stadium said Britonisea, the audience watching it on a big screen in Telm City all booed. We went to ask a few people why and they said this, in summary "We are not Britonisea, but the Grand British Kingdom." For the ones who doesn't know the difference, The Grand British Kingdom is one of 6 countries in Britonisea. (Like the UK and there is countries in the UK). North Britonisea, also one of the 6 countries, are in war with The Grand British Kingdom. So we are not happy Britonisea as we were last year.
Going back to the topic, Guy Majifi was our star man yesterday as he came second in the group.

Results
— Mariana Ritafe LAP

This puts Guy Majifi in a good position for future triathlons. In the group there are 9 people and he missed out first place by 9 seconds which devastated him. He really wanted to win the first game. As this is his second time in star triathlons. In third place, it was a man called Tyr. He was 30 seconds behind Guy Majifi and he took the well deserved third place. Alexi was one second after Tyr which must have been a fight to the end. Though, unfortunately, Mariana DNFed. Unlucky her!

Secondly, George and Johnson was in the same group.

Results

At a nice 22 degrees. They had a nice rum on The Klien Track. Johnson Rogers took longer than Guy Majifi though he came third in his group, closely followed by George Jordan. George Jordan is the newest Britonish man in this tournament so he may not be as good as Guy Majifi and Johnson Rogers but he trains with Johnson and Guy so this means he will so be as good as them. He is close to be with them. In last place was Tomas de Fariari who was 4 minutes behind Britonish man Johnson Rogers.

Hopefully, the 3 men can come first tomorrow.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Mattijana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Disappointment for burgisalia, but solid result for trovalyov in triathlon opener!

Mattijana'n hope for a Burgisalia win were downed today with the country's favourite athlete a disappointing sixth in the opening star triathlon tournament. After the race however, he said he made some mistakes with his strategy and is still confident of being able to provide a solid performance in the next race this evening.

However, the strong fan base here in star city do have something to cheer with 19 year old Alexei trovalyov coming fourth in his first race and narrowly missing out on a podium position. The young man seemed disappointed with not quite achieving third, but could not deny this was an excellent achievement on his star triathlon debut. He also hopes he can improve for the next race.

The MCB interviewed him this morning:

MCB:How do you feel about the result this morning?

Trovalyov: obviously, I'm disappointed not to have got on the podium, but I'm still really happy with my performance overall. The strategy I used almost worked perfectly and I was o.k with my transitions.

MCB: What are you doing to prepare yourself for the race tonight?

Trovalyov: at the moment I'm just going for a light run. I want to do a few stretches and excersises to make sure I don't get too stiff and then I'll have my normal pre-race meal and get myself in the right frame of mind to compete and reach my full potential.

MCB: do you think you can get on the podium tonight?

Trovalyov: I'd like to think so, but there's a lot of good competition around, so I'll just focus on getting the best out of myself tonight.
Last edited by Mattijana on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament (RP/Results)

Postby Star United States » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:22 pm

A little late but....

Match Day Two - RP Cut off!

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

MD 2

Postby Star United States » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Round One - Match Day 2

Group A
Weather: Sunny, 91 F (33 C)

Results
1 Jorg Ulrich Halle 1:49:45.19
2 Mariana Costa 1:50:06.77
3 Zach Ivins 1:50:19.32
4 Arnold Erdmann Stumpf 1:50:37.80
5 Great One-Arm Willy 1:50:48.05
6 Kristfore C'urz 1:56:10.26
7 Matias Burgisalia 1:56:38.65
— Tome Pio Ferreira LAP

Group B
Track: The Northern Ridge Athletic Complex Triathlon Track
Temperature: (in building) 72 F (22 C)

Results
1 Johnson Rogers 1:49:40.98
2 Carson Star 1:50:49.51
3 Ayton Pase 1:51:20.07
4 George Jordan 1:51:50.96
5 Great Hatchet Hank 1:52:27.24
6 Tomas de Fariari 1:53:12.32
7 Khan Milo 1:55:54.05
8 Isabel Achilles 1:56:49.10

Group C
Weather: Light Rain, 74 F (23 C)

Results
1 James Vandry 1:49:18.26
2 Tyr Gaejac 1:50:38.30
3 Guy Majifi 1:51:02.40
4 Harold Weasely 1:51:24.85
5 Mariana Ritafe 1:54:04.56
6 Gabriel Star 1:54:44.55
7 Alexi Trovalyov 1:55:54.41
8 Eddy O'Shawn 1:56:05.02
— Dimitry Komikova LAP

Group D
Track: The Star Athletic Complex Center Triathlon Track
Temperature: [i](in building) 73 F (23 C)

Results
1 Robert Malcomb 1:51:00.65
2 Great Battle Axe 1:51:00.72
3 Warren VonHopton 1:51:16.07
4 Mark Anthony 1:52:44.28
5 Mar Kordar 1:53:06.45
6 Jona Lewis 1:53:53.71
7 Keith Matthais 1:55:51.49
8 Isaac Bey 1:56:48.99
— Cassedy John LAP

Standings
1st Place = 8 pts.
2nd Place = 7 pts.
3rd Place = 6 pts.
4th Place = 5 pts.
5th Place = 4 pts.
6th Place = 3 pts
7th Place = 2 pts.
8th / 9th Place = 1 pt.
LAP / DNF = 0 pts.

Key:
#. Triathlete (Points)
Qualified(but anything is possible.)
Can Still Qualify
Eliminated (but anything is possible.)
Group A
1. Jörg Ulrich Halle (14)
2. Arnold Erdmann Stumpf (13)
-. Zach Ivins (13)
3. Mariana Costa (12)
4. Great One Arm Willy (8)
5. Matias Burgisalia (5)

6. Kristfore C'urz (3)
7. Tome Pio Ferreira (2)

Group B
1. Carson Star (15)
2. Johnson Rogers (14)

3. Ayton Pase (13)
4. George Jordan (10)
5. Great Hatchet Hank (7)

6. Isabel Achilles (5)
7. Khan Milo (4)
-. Tomas de Feriaria (4)

Group C
1. James Vandry (16)
2. Guy Majifi (13)
-. Tyr Gaejac (13)
3. Alexi Trovalyou (7)
4. Dimitry Komikova (4)
-. Eddy O'Shawn (4)
-. Gabriel Star (4)
-. Mariana Ritafe (4)

Group D
1. Great Battle Axe (15)
2. Warren VonHopton (13)

3. Robert Malcomb (10)
4. Jona Lewis (9)
5. Mar Kordar (8)
6. Isaac Bey (6)
-. Mark Anthony (6)

7. Cassedy John (3)
8. Keith Matthias (2)

Sorry for the delay!

HopNation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:05 am

Group A - day 2
Jörg Ulrich Halle | 1:49:45.19
Mariana Costa | 1:50:06.77
Zach Ivins | 1:50:19.32
Arnold Erdmann Stumpf | 1:50:37.80
Great One-Arm Willy | 1:50:48.05
Kristfore Churs | 1:56:10.26
Matias Burgisalia | 1:56:38.65
Tome Pio Ferreira | LAP
Group D - day 2
Robert Malcomb | 1:51:00.65
Great Battle Axe | 1:50:00.72
Warren VonHopton | 1:51:16.07
Mark Anthony | 1:52:44.28
Mar Kordar | 1:53:06.45
Jona Lewis | 1:53:53.71
Keith Matthais | 1:55:51.49
Isaac Bey | 1:56:48.99
Cassedy John | LAP
Day two has come and gone and we again performed well, but this time we find Halle at the top of group A and Stumpf fell back to fourth after it seemed the heat effected his performance. Both came out of the water sitting near the front of the pack, but then Halle and a great competitor Zach Ivins charged to the front and didn’t look back. Mariana Costa would keep pace with the two of them and eventually would overtake Ivins. Stumpf looked discouraged after the race but he assured me that he is fine and that the heat didn’t effect his overall performance he just didn’t have it in him today. We hope he has it in him tomorrow as the group is fairly close on points and we wouldn’t want him not to make it into the next phase of this tournament. We think he and Halle have excellent chances going forward and should, as long as nothing major happens, both make it out of this initial group stage.

Next we look at Group D and our veteran racer, VonHopton. Warren once again performed well, but he did mention to me that he feels tiered for some reason during this competition. He was at an indoor facility today so the weather was or should have had no effect on the group. VonHopton started well and was at the front though out the swim and cycling sections with only Great Battle Axe challenging him. But out of no where on the run Robert Malcomb came up and passed both of them. Great Battle Axe and VonHopton looked to do their best to keep up but cold not edge Malcomb out. A mere seven hundredths of a seconds separated Great Battle Axe from Malcomb when they crossed and just 15 or so seconds after they crossed came VonHopton. For this group I think VonHopton has a good chance to make it out but remember anything can happen out there. Hopefully nothing does, but the threat is still there.

The final match day of the first round is upon us so good luck to all that are hoping to make it to the second round.

Brew On! Brew Well Hoptonians!
Ringwald Griffinsmith
HopNation Sports Writer
HopNation Triathlete Places (pts)
Group A
Jörg Ulrich Halle 1st (14)
Arnold Erdmann Stumpf 2nd (13)

Group D
Warren VonHopton 2nd (13)
World Cup
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey

Star United States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

MD3

Postby Star United States » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:38 pm

Round One - Match Day 3

Group A
Weather: Overcast, 68 F (20 C)

Results
1 Jorg Ulrich Halle 1:49:45.19
2 Mariana Costa 1:50:06.77
3 Zach Ivins 1:50:19.32
4 Arnold Erdmann Stumpf 1:50:37.80
5 Great One-Arm Willy 1:50:48.05
6 Kristfore C'urz 1:56:10.26
7 Matias Burgisalia 1:56:38.65
— Tome Pio Ferreira LAP

Group B
Track:
The Mount Track
Weather: Sunny, 80 F (27 C)

Results

Group C
Track:
The Northern Ridge Athletic Complex Center Triathlon Track
Temperature: 67 F (19 C)

Results
— Dimitry Komikova LAP

Group D
Track:
The Klien Track
Weather: Sunny, 96 F (36 C)

Results
1 Robert Malcomb 1:51:00.65
2 Great Battle Axe 1:51:00.72
3 Warren VonHopton 1:51:16.07
4 Mark Anthony 1:52:44.28
5 Mar Kordar 1:53:06.45
6 Jona Lewis 1:53:53.71
7 Keith Matthais 1:55:51.49
8 Isaac Bey 1:56:48.99
— Cassedy John LAP

Standings
1st Place = 8 pts.
2nd Place = 7 pts.
3rd Place = 6 pts.
4th Place = 5 pts.
5th Place = 4 pts.
6th Place = 3 pts
7th Place = 2 pts.
8th / 9th Place = 1 pt.
LAP / DNF = 0 pts.

Key:
#. Triathlete (Points)
Qualified - Moves to next round
Eliminated from Tournament
Group A
1. Jörg Ulrich Halle (22)
2. Mariana Costa (19)
3. Arnold Erdmann Stumpf (18)
-. Zach Ivins (18)
4. Great One Arm Willy (12)

5. Matias Burgisalia (7)
6. Kristfore C'urz (6)
7. Tome Pio Ferreira (2)

Group B
1. Carson Star (22)
-. Johnson Rogers (22)
3. Ayton Pase (18)
4. George Jordan (15)
5. Great Hatchet Hank (11)

6. Tomas de Feriaria (7)
7. Isabel Achilles (6)
-. Khan Milo (6)

Group C
1. James Vandry (24)
2. Tyr Gaejac (20)
3. Guy Majifi (18)
4. Harold Weasly (10)
5. Alexi Trovalyou (9)

6. Mariana Ritafe (8)
7. Gabriel Star (7)
8. Dimitry Komikova (5)
-. Eddy O'Shawn (5)

Group D
1. Great Battle Axe (22)
2. Warren VonHopton (18)
-. Robert Malcomb (18)
3. Jona Lewis (12)
-. Mar Kordar (12)

4. Mark Anthony (11)
5. Isaac Bey (7)
6. Cassedy John (4)
-. Keith Matthias (4)

Edits: minor changes for spelling and for qualifying triathletes.
Last edited by Star United States on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anditia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anditia » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:32 am

Vandry continues to squeak by
Greg Dubois - Anditon Free Press

James Vandry has been on a tear on the opening rounds of the Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament winning his grouping by seconds in all of the races that have completed to this point. As we had predicted earlier, Vandry seems to be the cream of his groups crop and has been finding ways to bolt himself to the leading position. Taking advantage of his long and lean stroke in the water has given James a clear advantage over some of the less efficient swimmers. This lead seems to always be shortened up a bit during the bike, one of his weaker sections but it is normally on thrum whee he is able to use his energy reserves to power his way across the line.

With 24 points, Vandry has succeeded in continuing forward in the competition. We hope his excellent success continues.

Timbermunich
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timbermunich » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:05 am

How about that two out of our three competitors have made it to the next round. I would have never thought it possible for them to make it past the initial group stage especially considering this is just the Jacks second Triathlon event ever and they like to stick to more strength based competitions. So a quick recap to catch you up on the happenings at the Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament.

Triathlete		Day	Result	Overall Place
Great One-Arm Willy 1 5th 5th
2 5th 4th*
3 5th 4th*

Great Hatchet Hank 1 6th 6th
2 5th 5th
3 5th 5th

Great Battle Axe 1 1st 1st
2 2nd 1st
3 2nd 1st

*tie for second allows for 4th place on day 2

So as you can see we had two of our triathletes perform rather average, while one of them performed exceptionally well. As mentioned previously we have two individuals moving onto the second round, pending any changes in data. For our nation this is great news as we haven’t had much success in anything so far. The Jacks deserve recognition for their time away from the Grove as they do so much for us when they are here. Looking over all of Timbermunich and not letting anything happen to the Great Timbermunich Forest. I can only hope that the rest of the nation is as proud as I am of these three and what they have done. Hopefully they can continue to perform at their best and make it further in this Fifth Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament.

Congratulations and Good Luck
Peace I’m out!
Great Robert the Ripper
Fellow Jack covering my fellow Jacks events, now where is my axe…

edit: fixed the chart

Last edited by Timbermunich on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hosting: TWT
puppet of HopNation
don't look at me, I have no idea what's going on

Mattijana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:57 am

Trovalyov hanging on

With two of Mattijana's triathlon hopes eliminated today, just one remains.

Alec trovalyov has impressed on his debut event, but is now hanging on to his position of a qualifying chance. The 19 year old has though had his chances opened up by the results in his group going his way and a good result tonight will help him inch closer to qualification.

But he has to watch out from behind. He hovers just one place above the eliminated athletes with a good chance of going out.

Can he hang on, at least for one more day?

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Britannual News

No out because all in!

Country-Star United States

Another day in Star United States saw the fate of the athletes. On this unlucky day, Britonisea's 3 athletes has successfully got through to next round as they all got in the top 4 in their group. One of which, nearly missed out.

Group B
1. Carson Star (22)
-. Johnson Rogers (22)- IN
3. Ayton Pase (18)
4. George Jordan (15)- IN
5. Great Hatchet Hank (11)
6. Tomas de Feriaria (7)
7. Isabel Achilles (6)
-. Khan Milo (6)

Group C
1. James Vandry (24)
2. Tyr Gaejac (20)
3. Guy Majifi (18)- IN
4. Harold Weasly (10)
5. Alexi Trovalyou (9)
6. Mariana Ritafe (8)
7. Gabriel Star (7)
8. Dimitry Komikova (5)
-. Eddy O'Shawn (5)

As you can see, the expected longest Britonish man in the tournament, Guy is gone through along with his mates Johnson Rogers and George Jordan. Johnson Rogers came joint first in his group with a great score of 22 points. Nearly missing out is George Jordan with 15 points and in Group C, Guy Majifi got 18 points. So far Johnson Rogers has changed the tables and this could mean that they he will soon be the favourite to be in the top 3 on the podium at the end of these stages. So far this tournament is very interesting. What would happen if there was more Britonish players?

Results

Yesterday, Johnson Rogers came first with a quick total. He was the fastest on the block by one minute and Carson Star was running behind, tired but strong. Ayton Pase came third with a good, alright score of 1:51 which is about 2 minutes behind Johnson Rogers. George Jordan was in 4th place, 30 seconds behind Ayton. This is very good because it shows the talent between the two men. Britannual News still thinks that George Jordan needs to step it up a level because he will fall as he will not catch up with the rest of the group...

Group C
Track: The Northern Ridge Athletic Complex Center Triathlon Track
Temperature: 67 F (19 C)

Results
— Dimitry Komikova LAP

In this group, the temperature was quite cold. 19C is not too cold (Obviously) but it was cool, which could have went in to Guy Majifi's advantage, but now we know that Guy Majifi works better with temperature tipping 26 Celsius. James Vandry, luckily for him, won this time in this group, one minute and twenty seconds in front of Tyr. Guy Majifi, thromping behind, came 20 seconds behind Tyr. If Guy pushed it, he could have been 2nd. Behind him by 20 seconds a man named Harrold. The man who lost was Dimitry.

We hope that they will win next round.
Last edited by Britonisea on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 11, 2012

Postby The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:17 am

THE KINGDOM IS STILL IN IT!

The UKZ started with a dismal performance at tge Tournament. The UKZ was probably the one team tgat was written off. But Harold Weasley, Jona Lewis and Robert Malcomb keep the Zach team's lifeline moving.
Keith Matthais, Mark Anthony and Cassedy John however have to bid Star United Goodbye as they return to their posts in Her Majesty's Armed Forces. Mark Anthony however misses out on qualification by a small difference.

The nation is currently in Football Fever as the team prepares to participate in the 69th World Cup. But the qualifications of our men in the 5th Star Triathlon Worldwide Tournament has caught a lot of attention.
The Prime Minister's Daughter is to arrive at Star United States to watch and cheer the zach triathletes.
In an interview with Harold Weasley, he said, “I don't deny that we played terribly in the first few rounds but I'm happy that 50% of our team has managed to qualify. We could have had all six of our triathletes but there is no point crying over spilt milk. Our remaining team is eyeing nothing but the GOLD. It's do or die. And we received a congratulations and a best of luck from Her Majesty and now the PM's daughter is on her way to support us and cheer us so that is very encouraging. Usually Triathletes and Triathlons fail to get enough recognition or a fan base back home. So you know we aren't just playing for the UKZ we are also playing for the sport in the hope that it gets recognition back home."

After giving his interview he went back to his training.

We certainly hope that their dedication and determination pays off and that they make the UKZ proud.
Founder of the QUIDDITCH UNITED WORLD CUP
Host of the Aslan Cup I 2013-Cair Paravel (organised by The Council of Narnia)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports