NATION

PASSWORD

She Speaks the Language of Despotism [Sign-Up & Discussion]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

She Speaks the Language of Despotism [Sign-Up & Discussion]

Postby Jenrak » Mon May 17, 2010 11:10 am

This is the OOC Thread for 'She Speaks the Language of Despotism', which is the second ongoing story of the 'She' series in my FT Ikrahk story, which occurs at the same time as the events in 'She Wields a Sword of Penitence', which can be read so far here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46333

The story of She Wields a Sword of Penitence is an Ikrahk Arkas finding a woman who is immune to their natural degradation, and they thereby seek her company, eventually working together with the survivors of an Earth-esque human society.

The story of 'She Speaks the Language of Despotism', comparatively, it about the death of a Cyst-Prince, one of the higher ranking warlords in Ikrahk society, which creates a power vacuum on a planet called 'Scian'. Scian is a general terrestrial futuristic society of multiple countries, and the Cyst-Prince has left it relatively intact by allowing the Ikrahk to live in secret, but his death has caused a huge chaotic power vacuum.

In response, another Cyst-Prince, Agratoth, will move in to stabilise and retake the area, whereas an Arkas, Totalius, will move in to acquire more power. Scian has two moons, both of which are uncolonized. You can join however you want, but I want you to get my okay beforehand. If I don't know you well enough, I will be asking for RP examples.

If you're not sure of your abilities, I'll let you in, but on the condition that you follow my advice. If you don't, you're out. Hopefully that sounds fair.

It's a pretty basic storyline, but I will be discussing details and politics of the Ikrahk. Consider this a 'part two' in a massive factbook-esque project.

Cheers.
Last edited by Jenrak on Mon May 17, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sertian
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Sertian » Mon May 17, 2010 11:36 am

Well, I'd love to join in, although I don't know exactly how. I suppose its always possible that a sertian agent could be on the scene to try and gather information and, if possible, try to subvert whatever government or power controls the planet to make a possible annexation in the near future easier. 'Course I dunno if you'd like a representative of another power trying to encroach on your territory (they obviously won't be successful if you don't want them to be, but it could lead to ships showing up and getting into a pissing match with whatever forces in the area before retreating with their agent, if s/he still lives).

As for RP examples, should be easy enough to find. My most active thread, and one I've put a lot of effort in, is Foot In The Door, but there's a few older/less active ones which may or may not have as much effort or skill put into them.
The Sertian Empire Factbook
Flag generously made by Rommel, A.K.A. North Mack

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon May 17, 2010 11:47 am

Sertian wrote:Well, I'd love to join in, although I don't know exactly how. I suppose its always possible that a sertian agent could be on the scene to try and gather information and, if possible, try to subvert whatever government or power controls the planet to make a possible annexation in the near future easier. 'Course I dunno if you'd like a representative of another power trying to encroach on your territory (they obviously won't be successful if you don't want them to be, but it could lead to ships showing up and getting into a pissing match with whatever forces in the area before retreating with their agent, if s/he still lives).

As for RP examples, should be easy enough to find. My most active thread, and one I've put a lot of effort in, is Foot In The Door, but there's a few older/less active ones which may or may not have as much effort or skill put into them.

That's fine. The planet itself is questionable, so I don't mind losing territory in the Scian system.

Capturing Ikrahk won't be possible, though, but territory is perfectly fine for me. That's the main thing Agratoth will care about. Totalius will care about both.

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Mon May 17, 2010 11:56 am

He sounds alot like the thread that was lost when TFU killed the JSA offsite forum. well anyway mind if i join in? My reasons would be that i'm a group of miners/ explorers. They tend to jump borders first and say sorry and retreat later after they realize they have jumped into someone's territory. Anyway they are looking for something to mine or something interesting. can i join? give rp example if you need one.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon May 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Dbrought wrote:He sounds alot like the thread that was lost when TFU killed the JSA offsite forum. well anyway mind if i join in? My reasons would be that i'm a group of miners/ explorers. They tend to jump borders first and say sorry and retreat later after they realize they have jumped into someone's territory. Anyway they are looking for something to mine or something interesting. can i join? give rp example if you need one.

I would need one, Dbrought.

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Mon May 17, 2010 12:09 pm

here is an rp example. not cannon with my nation but oh well

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50060&start=0

as for the thread expect greasy disorganized miners, with alcohol, and guns (cause everyone in my nation has guns) also expect multiple species and robots.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon May 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Dbrought wrote:here is an rp example. not cannon with my nation but oh well

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50060&start=0

as for the thread expect greasy disorganized miners, with alcohol, and guns (cause everyone in my nation has guns) also expect multiple species and robots.

That's fine, dbrought. Looks good.

Intelligent Neighbors
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 12, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Intelligent Neighbors » Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 am

OOC-only info: Missles my ship fired are conventional, and relatively low-payload. Wouldn't cause any serious damage to the ground/forces upon ground. Feel free to respond as if it was an attack on your forces.
Please refer to me as:
MT: The Imperium of Intelligent Neighbors, The Imperium, IN.
FT: The Amnion, The Amnioni.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue May 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Intelligent Neighbors wrote:OOC-only info: Missles my ship fired are conventional, and relatively low-payload. Wouldn't cause any serious damage to the ground/forces upon ground. Feel free to respond as if it was an attack on your forces.

Sure. I will in my next post.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents