NATION

PASSWORD

A Deserted Isle (Medieval Tech, Semiclosed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Fiduses and Diuses
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

A Deserted Isle (Medieval Tech, Semiclosed)

Postby Fiduses and Diuses » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:41 am

The Disuse longboat bobbed through the waves, its sail having been raised a few minutes before due to the increasingly violent gusts, the oars also being stored after one had been snatched out of its owners hands and wiped even further out to the ever darkening sea. They had been straining for the past hour to return to their home port to little avail. As such their captain had ordered them to make ready, they would have to wait out the storm on their little boat and hope a wave didn't send them all into the deep.

A few hours later, the vessel had been pushed ever closer to shore, even now a sharp eyed lockout may have seen the danger, the rocks jutting out just large and sharp enough to gorge several holes into the vessel's soft underbelly. Unfortunately there was no such lookout, every crew member had sheltered themselves as best they could against the rain and the waves, trying to stay dry and warm as they could. As such there was no warning when the vessel suddenly rammed into the rocks, the sudden loss of forward movement hurled several crew members into a pile where they received a few minor wounds. The captain rushed over and peaked over the edge to see what kind of damage they had taken. It wasn't good, a large hole had opened up and was already leaking water, when they were dislodged even more would begin pouring into the breach. The vessel couldn't be saved they didn't have enough wood or other materials to fix the gash in time, the captain scanned the horizon, in between flashes of lightening he saw land a ways off, knowing it was there only chanced the captain ordered all hands to abandon the vessel. They looked at the captain rather slack jaw for a moment and at the pounding waves but the knew that it was their only hope and off they went trying to swim towards the land in the distance, Most promptly drowned weighed down by their water logged clothing and the loot they tried to save but the captain and a few others managed to stay together and reached the shore. The captain and the four others stumbled a little further in, just reaching the treeline where they then collapsed exhausted...

ooc
Posters from here only please
Last edited by Fiduses and Diuses on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New British Shores
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The New British Shores » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:25 am

The Derson flagged warship, the Realm, had watched longboat beach be abandoned, and a lookout swore he saw people swim totwards the isalnd. They had wanted to help but the ship had pushed them some distance away from the isalnd. Now that the storm was over they were heading back. Now however it was mainly for their own benifit, they had damaged a sail and needed to land to repair it. So it was that they laned on the other end of the island. Whilst the ships crew got to work repairing, some of the ships Military detachment set off into the island. Led by Four Cavelry corps riders, were a company of Infantry corps, and archer Corps.
The Republic Of The New British Shores
DEFCON

Fiduses and Diuses
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fiduses and Diuses » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:10 pm

ooc I was kind of hoping for the inhabits of the "deserted" isle to happen upon their bodies but that works too...
As the groggy crew slowly regained conscious, shifting through the rather painful memories of the waves, of their crew mates crying out then silence. They stood up, shaking the sand and plant debris off, trying to determine who had survived from the jumbled mess of still prone bodies. Eventually all had awaken, their captain ordered two to make a fire as the rest of them searched the beach for any useful debris from their wreck.
After a few hours a roaring fire was built, and the members had found a number of things including their sail which they had manged to drag back to the camp along with several yards of rope and a large wooden chest that had held most of their weapons and rum which they careful extracted and cheerfully drunk as they began to tell stories as they tried to take their minds off their situation...

The New British Shores
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The New British Shores » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:52 am

The Detachment made their way slowly through the island. One of the Cavely corps soldiers stayed with the main group, as he was in COmmand. The Other three rode ahead to scout out the area. The Infantry and Archers marched in a organised formation. Keeping their eyes on the lookout for any threats that might exist on this 'Desersted isle'. Leiutenant Rogoz was leading the detachment. He sat on his horse and looked around. His sword was in it's sheath and his shield was on his arm, but currently slung against his chest. He looked back as the corner of his eye caught the flutter of a flag. The Derson banner waved proudly in the wind.
DEFCON

Siloin
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:36 pm

In the underbrush...

*Nikolas, what should we do? What country is that?*
*I don't know, Alek .*
*We should probably get back to the unit. (Cuff), oww!*
*I have an idea, how about you go back to the unit, and wait back there. I'll go talk to them*
*But, Nikolas...*
*Respect Your Elders and Betters (cuff)*
*Ow, alright, alright, I'm going. Gogs blood, I swear...*

Nikolas stood up, hands outstretched to show he was not holding any weapons, and walked slowly towards the military column. He would find out what they were doing in Aleksigrad, or die trying.

OOC: I am from the OOC thread, yes.
Last edited by Siloin on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New British Shores
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The New British Shores » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:57 am

OOC: Are you going towards me or F&D;s forces?
DEFCON

Fiduses and Diuses
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fiduses and Diuses » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:08 am

ooc Since I don't have a military column I'm guessing you.

IC
The next day
The rum was gone, why was the rum always gone? The captain of the vessel, Kora stared at the waves for a few moments before awakening the rest of her crew.
"Get up you lazy dogs. We need to see if theres anyone on this rock to hitch a ride from."
She quickly ordered the men to partner up, ordering one group to search the island for any inhabitants, another to search the beach again for anything of value while the last would look for some food. They would meet back at the campfire at noon...
Last edited by Fiduses and Diuses on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The New British Shores
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The New British Shores » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 am

Rogez looked on interested as the man came out from the underbrush. His horse reared up as he called the column to a halt. The Infantry formed a line formation behind the Riders in case this was some sort of ruse. The Archers also took up a firing postion.
"Hello there" Rogez called out.
DEFCON

Siloin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:21 am

"Hello. May I ask what you are doing in Aleksiburg, sir?"

The New British Shores
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The New British Shores » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Rogez lookd down as he held the reigns of his horse tight.
"Aside from having some damage that needed repairing after the storm last night, we also saw another ship land on these shores, and were were coming to see if they needed any help" He replied.
DEFCON

Siloin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 pm

"I see. And why did you bring so many soldiers with you to rescue one ship?"
Nikolas eyed the soldiers with distrust. Behind him, he could feel the slight clanking on his unit coming up the ridge. He knew they would remain hidden from sight, until he called for them.

The New British Shores
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The New British Shores » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:04 pm

"We're in Unknown territory" Rogez replied "I didn't know what was out here, for all i knew you could have been bloodthirsty barbarians"
DEFCON

Siloin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 pm

"No, I assure you, we are quite civilized. Do you need a guide?"

The New British Shores
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The New British Shores » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:27 pm

Rogez smiled.
"Once we've investigated the lost crew, we would be honoured if we could look around more of your country, for which we would indeed need a guide" He said climbing down of his horse and removing his Helm "My Name is Leiutenant Rogez, of His Magisty King Ellessers Cavelry"
DEFCON

Siloin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Nikolas bowed low, removing his Frontiersman beret.
"Seargent Nikolas Slavyankia, of the Assebmly's own Frontier Cavalry."
As he bowed he discreetly waved off his unit, using the sign language of the frontier.
'Get off. Go back.'
He heard the faint clanking of the unit going back down the hill.

The New British Shores
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The New British Shores » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:56 am

"Sorry for any trouble we've caused" Rogez said holding out a hand "But like i said, we weren't aware that this island was inhabited, and we'd have never made it back to Derson with half the sail missing"
DEFCON

Siloin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siloin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:14 am

The New British Shores wrote:"Sorry for any trouble we've caused" Rogez said holding out a hand "But like i said, we weren't aware that this island was inhabited, and we'd have never made it back to Derson with half the sail missing"

Nikolas shook the hand, which was a tradition in Aleksiburg. "No problem at all. I am sure we can arrange for your sail to be fixed. Now," he put his beret back on, "Lets find some sailors."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents