NATION

PASSWORD

Halo: ODST Hell's Angels Reboot Interest Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Halo: ODST Hell's Angels Reboot Interest Thread

Postby Kassaran » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:47 am

HALO: ODST

ODST "Hell's Angels" 34th Fire-Team

TAURON Type Forward Unit

(Tactical Assault Unit for Reconaissance Operations and Networking)

Corps Motto: "Feet First Into Hell!"

Unit Motto: "Augete Inferno In Terra"

Unit Mission: To provide a means to find and secure vital assets of importance to the United Nations Space Command Office of Naval Intelligence. To provide a

tactical means to obtaining victories both in space and on the ground. To lead the way into unknown territory and to obtain invaluable information for further

operations.

Year Founded: 2536

Foreward:

The year is 2537.

Humanity is at war with the alien alliance known as "The Covenant."

We are losing

The Covenant have burned our worlds, killing bilions in their genocidal campaign.

Leonis Minoris, it is one of many places of sanctuary within the Inner Colonies - asylum from the war now raging.

But not anymore.

A fleet of Covenant warships have entered the system and have begun their assault upon the defenseless colonies.

Initial reports confirm the total loss of the two outermost colonies.

The third and final colony now rests on the verge of being exterminated as well, but all is not lost...

Now in the Eleventh Hour, a UNSC armada has arrived to fight the Covenant fleet.

Chances of victory are next-to-none.

This is however Humanity's first full chance to fight back against the Covenant onslaught.

And now two Battalions of Marines are being deployed planetside to coax a victory out of near certain defeat.

Team Overview:

Unit Commander - Major Jonah Seamus Mackenzie

Unit Executive Officer - (1 spot reserved)

Unit Riflemen - (2 spots open)

Unit Marksman - (1 spot open)

Unit Sniper/Spotter - (2 spots reserved)

Unit Breacher/Demolitions - (1 spot open)

Unit Corpsman - (1 spot open)

Application:
[img](IMAGE%20GOES%20HERE)[/img]

[Name of Character (Last, First M)]
[Team Position]
[Weapon Certifications][Vehicle Certifications]
[DOB][Blood Type][Eye Color][Hair Color]

[Height (cm)][Weight (Kgs)][Eyesight (XX/20)]

[Personal Biography]
[Personal Markings (Scars/Tattoos etc.)]

[Character Tag (This will go in the OP)]

Application Aid:
[img](IMAGE%20GOES%20HERE)[/img]
Put your image URL where the (IMAGE GOES HERE) tag is. I'd very much like an image regardless of whether

or not your have one in mind. It can even be a placeholder if you want.

[Name of Character (Last, First M)] Self-Explanatory

[Team Position] Choose from the above Roster

[Weapon Certifications] Choose any two specialized weapons to use. Do note these weapons will most likely be rarely made available... the only exception to this

are the snipers whom drop in with one automatically assigned special weapon. If you have an idea for a special weapon, but aren't certain if it would count, TG

me and I'll see about what we can do about making it fit if I agree it would work. A third Specialty weapon can be taken, but one forfeits any special vehicle

certifications they might want. Dual-wielding SMG's or pistols is considered a Special Weapon Certification.

[Vehicle Certifications] Choose a specialized vehicle to have a certification in the usage of unless you went with a third Specialty weapon. The weapon must be

UNSC

[DOB][Blood Type][Eye Color][Hair Color] These are all very much optional, but bonus points if you put them in.

[Height (cm)][Weight (Kgs)][Eyesight (XX/20)] Little less optional, this much I do want in.

[Personality Traits] Simple enough...

[Personal Biography] Need I say more?

[Personal Markings (Scars/Tattoos etc.)] If this needs to be explained, I think you might be in the wrong thread.

[Character Tag (This will go in the OP)] A short sentence or two that summarizes your character idea and archetype...

Campaign:

We will currently be taking part in the Leonis Minoris campaign. While officially no known engagements occurred on the ground during this campaign, for the sake

of starting the RP at a near-feasible point, we are saying there was some planetside action, but not much. The 34th will be engaging planetside maneuvers

alongside a sister-unit deployed ot also assist in mopping up hostile invasion forces trapped on the surface.

Mission Ideas:

This is going to be the section of the RP where I throw out various ideas for different missions we might be seeing on our current campaign. For the first

mission, we likely will be taking part in a Drop-and-Hold Mission, basic firefight with all the strings attached. A couple of waves of enemies gradually getting

stronger until enemy forces in the area no longer can attack and must go on the defensive. At which point we'll finally secure the landing zone and

reinforcements from orbit will begin to move in to cover us and fill in our ranks.

RP Rules:

1) I want this RP to try and last as long as possible, so I only want those RPers who can devote themselves to a potentially long-term relationship to this RP.

Don't lie just to try and join because you're only ruining your own reputation.

2) No Co-Ops this time around. This doesn't mean run rampant in the streets folks, it means I want you all to act mature (or as mature as possible) and self-

moderate among yourselves. Don't make me put my foot down, I hate having to be mean and I hate having to punish the impudent.

3) Since this is no longer a full-on unit RP, I'm going for only eight players at a time. There will be no waiting lists, there will be no mail-in applications

or applications to put on hold (bar the three people whom will always hold a standing invitation: Monfrox, Xing, & Vancon.

4) We're starting further back, and to account for a certain Law of Relativity while in Slipspace, I'll be allowing much older ages, even though physically a

forty-year old soldier will only have truly aged twenty or so (Slipspace does wonders as does Cryo).

5) I prefer primarily RPers whom have had at least some experience with RPing... this means I'll be more likely to accept you based on a higher post count or

not, though I will also be looking closely at your applications.

6) No more crazies! I cannot emphasize this enough! Previous iterations of this idea have lead to people posting rather belligerent or just plain insane

characters. This will no longer be tolerated, I'm going for a less 'Inglorious Basterds' feel and more... well, 'Halo: ODST' feel.

7) Do try to have fun, disputes about canon material and what goes and doesn't will be resolved by me. Not you, not someone more experienced or more senior in

RPing than you, just me. If you want me to take a look at something that seems off, just TG me about it or bring it up when I'm online (though again a TG works

just as fine for that purpose).

Additional Notes:
Last edited by Kassaran on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:06 am

I'll bite.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Steel Talons
Envoy

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Talons » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:56 am

Count me in
Mother- Lady Rebels
Father:Gluggerstut
Aunt:Stattr
Siblings:Sister-Grim Reaperess
Sister-Rebelhood A.K.A Dakky
Wife- N/A
Kids:Daughter-Terintania the 'negligent buzzkill' (Also the person you should blame for anything that goes wrong)

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:24 pm

Why not.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Needs more Comic relief, I am in.
The one and only Senior Constable Geert and local Vladimir Putin at the 389th OPC Chat thread.

One of P2TM's only Kansans!
Proud Putinist

"From space there are no Borders just geographical landmarks" - Le me.
Hall of Failed RP's!
SOLAR a Space character RP
Men of Steel a WW2 Tank Crew RP
Skys of Thunder:Korea a Aircraft Character RP
Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night Character RP DOA

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:01 am

So revision was made to the OP. I scrapped the old idea, but kept some of its main elements with this newer version. Tell me what ya'll think.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:16 am

Kassaran wrote:So revision was made to the OP. I scrapped the old idea, but kept some of its main elements with this newer version. Tell me what ya'll think.

To be brutally honest mate, I feel like this RP has seen the end of it's days. Maybe in a while will this style come back into the light, and then you'll need to create a whole new version of this.

Long story short, you should set this out to pasture and call it back in when the days start getting shorter again.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:26 am

Vancon wrote:
Kassaran wrote:So revision was made to the OP. I scrapped the old idea, but kept some of its main elements with this newer version. Tell me what ya'll think.

To be brutally honest mate, I feel like this RP has seen the end of it's days. Maybe in a while will this style come back into the light, and then you'll need to create a whole new version of this.

Long story short, you should set this out to pasture and call it back in when the days start getting shorter again.

Well, in all honesty, its not for the open public. It's moreover for a smaller group of people that I know will RP with it for a while.

bloody hell, mate.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:27 am

Kassaran wrote:
Vancon wrote:To be brutally honest mate, I feel like this RP has seen the end of it's days. Maybe in a while will this style come back into the light, and then you'll need to create a whole new version of this.

Well, in all honesty, its not for the open public. It's moreover for a smaller group of people that I know will RP with it for a while.

If people wanted to RP in this, there'd be more activity. There's a lack of interest right now man. wait for the right moment and then remake this. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 am

Vancon wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Well, in all honesty, its not for the open public. It's moreover for a smaller group of people that I know will RP with it for a while.

If people wanted to RP in this, there'd be more activity. There's a lack of interest right now man. wait for the right moment and then remake this. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.

Again, its moreover for those who wanted it, I only just put up the edits so maybe in a little while someone will get on and see it and like it. I'm not going for the average passerby but rather familiar faces from previous RPs.

bloody hell, mate.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse