NATION

PASSWORD

Map Maker Available (CLOSED, NEW TUTORIAL!!!)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Gutia wrote:
Hey, could you perhaps do a more detailed map of my nation?
At least one with the red lines removed and one with the red lines if that would be alright with you.
And perhaps a wikipedia kind of map if that would not be too much trouble.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4986/kartagutia.gif

Here is my base map.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3939/kartagutiamedstder1h.gif
Cheer's.

Last edited by Stirling Alloa on Fri Oct 09, 1996 10:07 am, edited 12,349 time in total.

This is the puppeteer of Tippercommon. I have
been a member since 29 December 2009.
My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Guide to Designing a Firearm
Personal Art Gallery

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:10 pm

Ewa beach wrote:
Stirling Alloa wrote:Image

That is awesome, thank you! But is it possible you could do one without the highways?

Last edited by Stirling Alloa on Fri Oct 09, 1996 10:07 am, edited 12,349 time in total.

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Aeyariss wrote:
Well I guess it's true that Rome wasn't built in a single day, and Titanic sink in less than 3 hour.
Tried using the program I downloaded... but.. Hahaha. I give up.

Mind touching up this sketches of my nation map?

I just need to one complex map, with mountain ranges in the middle and rivers flowing.

Amaze me again will you?

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 pm

Mascovia wrote:
Complex map please.

We are United Kingdom of Mascovia.

Country size is kind of size of Brazil size. But we are located in Europe. Russia on west border, Italy on west border. Mediterranean Sea on south border.

Our kingdom is made up of "Principalities".

- the capital city, Mascograd, is in own region, like Washington D.C of America.
- Novobirsk Principality
- Orengrad Principality
- Pechinski Principality
- Surgozni Principality
- Tolonizhniy Principality
- Volgograd Principality
- Mitskigrov Principality

Aktana Mountain Range in north

Large lake called Nianora Lake near center of country

Cities:
Capital City - Mascograd on the mediterranean coast
Tvei
Perm
Razhmakin
Kievybirsk

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Voltronica
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltronica » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:25 am

TY SA
I am a bit of a pervert so get over it...or under it whichever you prefer ;)
[unclaimed space]
Serial RPist since Aug 2009!!
| Music Culture of Voltronica | FanT FB (UC)|
Phishing with worms is fun! I caught a catphish.
Quoets

-The West Coast-
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby -The West Coast- » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:34 am

I'd like a map, please! :]

I want to to resemble the Confederate States of America, but not so that its exactly like the C.S.A. Instead of having the landmass horizontal, I want the landmass to be vertical.

Eastern portion: 5 fairly decent sized territories [1. New Mexico Territory 2. Arizona Territory 3. Northern Territory 4. Pacific Territory 5. Ash Hollow Native Reservation] mountainous and an expansive desert.

Western Portion: Several states, the "agricultural belt" of the West Coast. Green, and expansive; slightly hilly, one or two rivers.

Southern & Central & Northern Portion: The "industrial belt" of the West Coast, urbanized. Slightly hilly, with rivers and a lake [Antietam Lake].

Thank you.
// THE GRAND OLD CONFEDERACY OF THE WEST COAST //

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."
— Edmund Burke; Reflections on the Revolution in France

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:30 am

-The West Coast- wrote:I'd like a map, please! :]

I want to to resemble the Confederate States of America, but not so that its exactly like the C.S.A. Instead of having the landmass horizontal, I want the landmass to be vertical.

Eastern portion: 5 fairly decent sized territories [1. New Mexico Territory 2. Arizona Territory 3. Northern Territory 4. Pacific Territory 5. Ash Hollow Native Reservation] mountainous and an expansive desert.

Western Portion: Several states, the "agricultural belt" of the West Coast. Green, and expansive; slightly hilly, one or two rivers.

Southern & Central & Northern Portion: The "industrial belt" of the West Coast, urbanized. Slightly hilly, with rivers and a lake [Antietam Lake].

Thank you.

Political Map:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3783/t ... itical.png

Physical Map:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3416 ... tcoast.png

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Kiromo
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiromo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:37 am

Hey mate, I wondered if you could make close up of my country (so Korea and Japan are zoomed in and some countries fall away) and make the closup in Wikipedia style:

http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=I ... iromo.jpeg

I would really appriciate it. Thanks
Last edited by Kiromo on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Part of the Imperial Commonwealth of Greater Leepaidamba.
Undergoing various changes since hand-over.
Early PMT Japanese-Korean country
Tech:2025, Culture:2030, Military: 2020, Year: 2020

our national airport

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:52 am

Kiromo wrote:
Hey mate, I wondered if you could make close up of my country (so Korea and Japan are zoomed in and some countries fall away) and make the closup in Wikipedia style:

http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=I ... iromo.jpeg

I would really appriciate it. Thanks

I made two versions.

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Bellganamos
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellganamos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:58 am

Hello good sir! I am making a wikia-style factbook here on NS and I would like to use a Wikipedia-style map for it, similar to the one just above me.

Map

I am in the northern part of the eastern continent. Thank you!
Last edited by Bellganamos on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
00:34 Minn: I suddenly fear Bell now.

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:08 am

Bellganamos wrote:Hello good sir! I am making a wikia-style factbook here on NS and I would like to use a Wikipedia-style map for it, similar to the one just above me.

Map

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Leepaidamba
Minister

Founded: Sep 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Leepaidamba » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 am

I still need a map for my dependency Ermoluland.

What I want is basically the three northern islands of what was the Netherlands Antilles with the inclusion of the French (northern) part of Saint Martin, Saint Barthélemy and Île Tintamarre. However Saba and Saint Eustatius should be a bit larger due to volcanic eruptions. On Saint Eustatius this should be to the southwest, the volcano itself is on the southeastern part of the island, and on Saba this should be to the northeast, basically right through the bay along which you can find the tiny airport. Saba and Sain Eustatius should be about half the size of Sain Martin each.

A couple renamings: Sain Eustatius will be names simply "Statius" and both Saint Barthélemy and Île Tintamarre will lose their prefix. Saint Martin will be renamed "Philipsland". The French Islands will be united with North Philipsland in the province of "North Philipsland and Subordinates" while the Dutch part of Saint Martin will make up the province of "South Philipsland". The other two islands are their own province and carry the same name.

There should also be a border around the islands based on four or five geographical points and straight lines between them. The borders of the provinces should fit within it and encompass all water.

A few things I want labelled: the capital city Philipsburg; the capitals of the other provinces: Marigot for North Philipsland and Subordinates, Oranjestad for Statius and Saba city for Saba. Saba city should be located on the land formed in the volcanic eruptions. I also want the airports indicated. They should be in the real world locations with the exception of Saba's which should also be on the new land.

Also I want somewhere on the map to say "the Protectorate and Kingdom of the United Provinces of Ermoluland.

I know it's a big request and you're probably still busy but I don't mind waiting. I waited a couple months for the map in my sig.

A small tip: edit your first post to include a list of requests and finished maps like Plutonium Blondes did when he was still around. It helps a lot.
Factbook
Official name: the Grand Duchy of Leepaidamba
Short name: Amba
AKA: the Grand Duchy
Demonym: Leepaidamban/Amban
HoS: co-Grand Dukes David I and Anna I
HoG: Premier Jaap de Waal
Region: Nederland
Map by PB
FlagsNational animal: Rabit
National motto: "Paene est non." (Almost is not)
National anthem: " 't Lied der Vrijheid" (the Song of Freedom)
CapitalsCurrency: Amban Florin/Aƒ
Languages
Dependencies
No news

Bellganamos
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellganamos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 am

Stirling Alloa wrote:
Bellganamos wrote:Hello good sir! I am making a wikia-style factbook here on NS and I would like to use a Wikipedia-style map for it, similar to the one just above me.

Map

-snip-

Thank you! As I mentioned in the telegram, I will make sure to put you in the credit section when I eventually release it.
00:34 Minn: I suddenly fear Bell now.

Gutia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gutia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:51 am

Stirling Alloa wrote:
Gutia wrote:
Hey, could you perhaps do a more detailed map of my nation?
At least one with the red lines removed and one with the red lines if that would be alright with you.
And perhaps a wikipedia kind of map if that would not be too much trouble.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4986/kartagutia.gif

Here is my base map.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3939/kartagutiamedstder1h.gif
Cheer's.

Thank you for all the maps. :)
|Factbook|Economy|Map of Gutia|Embassy Program|
Current DEFCON Level: 5 [4] 3 2 1
King/Queen: Gunnar Örsun
Vice King/Queen: Niklas Petterson
Minister of Defense: Björn Glensson
Population: 19 720 611.
Area: 1 111 911km2.

Mascovia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mascovia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 am

Stirling Alloa wrote:
Mascovia wrote:
Complex map please.

We are United Kingdom of Mascovia.

Country size is kind of size of Brazil size. But we are located in Europe. Russia on west border, Italy on west border. Mediterranean Sea on south border.

Our kingdom is made up of "Principalities".

- the capital city, Mascograd, is in own region, like Washington D.C of America.
- Novobirsk Principality
- Orengrad Principality
- Pechinski Principality
- Surgozni Principality
- Tolonizhniy Principality
- Volgograd Principality
- Mitskigrov Principality

Aktana Mountain Range in north

Large lake called Nianora Lake near center of country

Cities:
Capital City - Mascograd on the mediterranean coast
Tvei
Perm
Razhmakin
Kievybirsk

Nice! Thanks!! What program do you use?
Alexei IV
His Imperial Highness
Protectorate of the Baltics
Grand Admiral of the North
Imperial Tsar of Mascovia

The International Soviet Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The International Soviet Union » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 am

I would like one with the globe land in red since I rule Earth.
Sedgistan is dumb

Nationstates is for nerdy no lifes.

Far Squa
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Squa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 am

I would like a map. A wikimedia style map wou8ld be fine, since a lot of my nation is going to be unexplored.
It should have a very small area near the border where most of the towns and cities are grouped, and other than that have very wide-open stretches of wilderness. It should be large. Make the coast rocky jagged, with only a few bays.

Uciedoraju
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Uciedoraju » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 am

I was wondering if you could make me a Wikimedia style map? My country is a group of three large islands, close together, with several smaller islands clustering around it. I have nothing else beyond that, so anything you could come up with in the way of shape and position would be fine by me. Thanks!

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 am

I have a map here of my own nation, but it's lacking greatly in detail. I need a physical geography map.

The sea is located to the south and the coastline should appear bolder than the other borders, the rest of the country has land borders. Use the outline provided above. If you can, try and keep the provincial borders, but you don't need to keep the labels.

Georgraphical features include:
River Ankh - starts up in LC (Lancre), passes south through NS (Nassia). It passes through the very centre of CK (Carrackia), then pretty much heads due south with some meanders, passing straight through the city of Ankh Morpork (AM) in to the sea.
River Syx - enters the country into KN (Kindare), heads through MS (Menissia) and KX (Kixas). You can see the Syx estuary on the map, in southern Kixas
River Fluvi - starts up in southeastern CK (Carrackia) and heads through central KX (Kixas), joining the Syx estaury
River Smarl - enters the country in the north of WC (Whitacre), heads south through BN (Bornia) in HL (Hoelland). It then curves left and goes into the sea.
River Slipnir - passes through WA (West Areland) into the sea
River Skund - starts up in the heart of SK (Skundland) and passes into KG (Kerrighan) where it joins the River Ankh
Lake BIsmouth - in southwestern Skundland
Bismouth Canal - connects Lake Bismouth to the River Smarl (in Bornia)
Caderack Mountains - pretty much occupy the whole of LD (Llamedos)
Carrack Mountains - pretty much occupy the whole of CK (Carrackia), but there's a gap where the River Ankh flows through
Morpork Mountains - occupies CD (Chundermia) and the south of GT (Guttland)
Near Ramtops - up in the northeast, including the states of LC (Lancre), NS (Nassia), GP (Gypusia) and north of CL (Clereland)
Bornia Mountains - on the eastern border of the country
Sto Plains - the grasslands south of the Caderack Mountains
High Plains - the grasslands between the Near Ramptops and the Caderack Mountains
Forest of Skund - occupies northern Skundland, extending into some nearby states
Pulson Bay - this should be a large circular bay on the coast of Hoelland (not marked on the outline map), seperated from the sea by a string of islands.

See here for any help. This map (which my country is based on) holds all the physical features of my own map, but they don't fit within the outline shown above.
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 3chxqo.png
Last edited by ArghNeedAName on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
President: Malcolm Whitacre
Prime Minister: Mark Robinson
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs: Michael Barton
1 (Ignore) - 2 (Grumble) - 3 (Threaten) - 4 (Invade) - 5 (Lose)
United Provinces of ArghNeedAName (Note the change!)
Adjective: ArghNeedANamic; Demonym: ArghNeedANamer
Wiki Page Constitution Glossary Hansard
RP Population: 104 million
Embassy program now still open!
Interested in creating a parliamentary diagram? View my guide here!

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:34 am

Uciedoraju wrote:I was wondering if you could make me a Wikimedia style map? My country is a group of three large islands, close together, with several smaller islands clustering around it. I have nothing else beyond that, so anything you could come up with in the way of shape and position would be fine by me. Thanks!

Green version:

Grey version:
Last edited by Stirling Alloa on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 am

Leepaidamba wrote:

What I want is basically the three northern islands of what was the Netherlands Antilles with the inclusion of the French (northern) part of Saint Martin, Saint Barthélemy and Île Tintamarre. However Saba and Saint Eustatius should be a bit larger due to volcanic eruptions. On Saint Eustatius this should be to the southwest, the volcano itself is on the southeastern part of the island, and on Saba this should be to the northeast, basically right through the bay along which you can find the tiny airport. Saba and Sain Eustatius should be about half the size of Sain Martin each.

A couple renamings: Sain Eustatius will be names simply "Statius" and both Saint Barthélemy and Île Tintamarre will lose their prefix. Saint Martin will be renamed "Philipsland". The French Islands will be united with North Philipsland in the province of "North Philipsland and Subordinates" while the Dutch part of Saint Martin will make up the province of "South Philipsland". The other two islands are their own province and carry the same name.

There should also be a border around the islands based on four or five geographical points and straight lines between them. The borders of the provinces should fit within it and encompass all water.

A few things I want labelled: the capital city Philipsburg; the capitals of the other provinces: Marigot for North Philipsland and Subordinates, Oranjestad for Statius and Saba city for Saba. Saba city should be located on the land formed in the volcanic eruptions. I also want the airports indicated. They should be in the real world locations with the exception of Saba's which should also be on the new land.

Also I want somewhere on the map to say "the Protectorate and Kingdom of the United Provinces of Ermoluland.

I know it's a big request and you're probably still busy but I don't mind waiting. I waited a couple months for the map in my sig.

A small tip: edit your first post to include a list of requests and finished maps like Plutonium Blondes did when he was still around. It helps a lot.

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:17 am

The International Soviet Union wrote:I would like one with the globe land in red since I rule Earth.

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

Riviglieri
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Riviglieri » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 am

Stirling Alloa wrote:
Riviglieri wrote:My nation has a single city. Maping it is easy!

Not necessarily. Do you have any details like buildings, streets and geographical features?

The downtown city is near the sea on south in the eastern shore of a river. The economic zone is in the western zone. There are 7 bridges in the river, one conecting dwontown with a small atoll. The outskirts of the city are hilly and there is a military naval yard in the eastern shore of the river. Can you make a map of it? Also there are a lot of farms in the city outskirts.

Leepaidamba
Minister

Founded: Sep 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Leepaidamba » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 am

Stirling Alloa wrote:
Leepaidamba wrote:

Beautiful map but I have just two remarks: Firstly the the borders of the provinces are indistinguishable from the international border with Anguilla and erm, Anguilla looks like it's integrated into Ermoluland completely. Secondly Barthélemy should have been part of North Philipsland.

To be honest though I think I can RP around that and the extra territory Anguilla provides should also come in handy for my space program.

Don't change a thing, your maps are terrific and your speed is too.
Factbook
Official name: the Grand Duchy of Leepaidamba
Short name: Amba
AKA: the Grand Duchy
Demonym: Leepaidamban/Amban
HoS: co-Grand Dukes David I and Anna I
HoG: Premier Jaap de Waal
Region: Nederland
Map by PB
FlagsNational animal: Rabit
National motto: "Paene est non." (Almost is not)
National anthem: " 't Lied der Vrijheid" (the Song of Freedom)
CapitalsCurrency: Amban Florin/Aƒ
Languages
Dependencies
No news

Stirling Alloa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stirling Alloa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 am

Leepaidamba wrote:
Stirling Alloa wrote:Image

Beautiful map but I have just two remarks: Firstly the the borders of the provinces are indistinguishable from the international border with Anguilla and erm, Anguilla looks like it's integrated into Ermoluland completely. Secondly Barthélemy should have been part of North Philipsland.

To be honest though I think I can RP around that and the extra territory Anguilla provides should also come in handy for my space program.

Don't change a thing, your maps are terrific and your speed is too.

Addresses the Barthélemy problem.

My Relevant Links
Map Maker Thread
GE&T Help Desk
Personal Art Gallery

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information