NATION

PASSWORD

Lunchy and The Punk<-movies what CToaN made...now w/CYOA

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Lunchy and The Punk<-movies what CToaN made...now w/CYOA

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:08 pm

So, there are art galleries, but I'm not an artist...I'm a filmmaker. Naturally I should pimp my actual films and stuff...but instead, I wanted to share a series of videos I've been doing with my brother's R/C trucks and cars...we're four episodes into the second season (the first season literally just being us playing with the trucks, so...meh...) These are shot in a day and then my brother makes a score for them the next day after editing. Kind of just for fun.

FLASH! New Season! It's 'Choose Your Own Adventure' style with multiple endings and multiple pathways, check it...if you dare!

Here's the Season 2 Playlist

Alternatively:
Episode One, in which a discovery is made, and a menace is revealed.
Episode Two, in which a plan is hatched and a chase afoot.
Episode Three, in which a dogged pursuit is under taken.
Episode Four, in which a trail of deception is made.
Episode Five, in which temptation temps, evil lurks, and tempers flare.
Episode 6, in which the chase is afoot.
episode 7, in which the chase is joined...at an abandoned miniature golf course!
Episode 8, including an epic monster truck training montage complete with original rockin' fight music.
Episode 9, the Historic and Epic Journey of Profound Historical Significance comes to an Epic Conclusion!
Episode 10, bloopers, bails, deleted scenes, behind the scenes. Concerned citizens...

Also, a trailer that it turns out has nothing to do with what we ended up doing.

If you are interested in season one, here are the highlights...First episode, we had just built the track. Episode 7, where we took them on a field trip. Episode 8 where we first started narrative shorts where the story was assembled before shooting instead of afterwards.

BONUS: In my spare time I've been working on some videos with my brother on the electric guitar, starting with The Ultimate Guide to the Electric Guitar, and then there are some old videos I did a while ago, a found footage video and a 'proper' music video.

The band no longer exists. But the videos are still around, so, there's that.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Film is an art.

Also, this is awesome.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Conoga wrote:Film is an art.

Ideally...though after college I mostly ended up doing reality shows...sort of sucks all the arty joy out of doing film/television. Pays the bills though. This is fun to do, though. And it's nice to work on something just to please ourselves. Not that we don't also obsessively look at how many views they have...
Conoga wrote:Also, this is awesome.

Glad you liked it!
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 am

Episode Five has been added with the most amount of 'puppeteering' we've done. The camera work is a little shy on this one, I had an actual gig on the day we normally shoot so there was some 'make do' that happened. Pretty good episode still, I think.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Episode 6, the action is packed.

Only three more episodes left, then I'll leave you all alone...

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 pm

There is an episode 7, which you should watch if you're a fan of urban decay.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

I must admit, I rather liked these. :lol:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 am

These are really good.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu May 31, 2012 1:58 am

Glad ya dig 'em. Surprisingly fun to make. I was dreaming about filming at that last location for a while, so awesome we got to do that.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:18 am

Alright, the last one had a location that I really wanted to film at...but this might be my favorite episode ever. It includes a fantastic parody written by my brother.

Hopefully you'll find this as funny as we do.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:31 am

And it all comes to and an end here.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:38 am

so cute!

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:12 am

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:so cute!

I feel like I should go, "No! They're tough monster trucks!"...

...but you're right. They're kind of adorable. The weird thing is I start talking to them when I'm filming and not the people driving them.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:03 am

Well, it's the end of the season, which for us means releasing a montage of all the times we mess up doing this. It has a bonus section of rally car footage from our new villain at the end, so there's that. Also, Muzak version of the killer rock training montage. Really, what's not to love? Check out ep 10.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 am

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:24 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Bacony science

but i don't like bacon :-(

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 am

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Bacony science

but i don't like bacon :-(

This is how we identify aliens.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:20 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:but i don't like bacon :-(

This is how we identify aliens.

although i like bacon flavoured crisps. :-D

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 am

The fellas have been prepping for season 3.

You can see even more at http://lunchyandthepunk.tumblr.com/ and you can download the rockin' montage theme from season 2 for free here.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 pm

These are fantastic! I knew it had something to do with cars. I wanted to say Veronica. Not quite. But cars are cars, even RC models.

Hoping to get through season 2 tomorrow at work. Hey, it is Friday.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:16 am

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:This is how we identify aliens.

although i like bacon flavoured crisps. :-D

I ran into some British chips (crisps) when in Berlin and have come to the conclusion that the British cannot be trusted with chip seasoning...shrimp? Seriously?
Sibirsky wrote:These are fantastic! I knew it had something to do with cars. I wanted to say Veronica. Not quite. But cars are cars, even RC models.

Hoping to get through season 2 tomorrow at work. Hey, it is Friday.

Thanks for checking it out, glad you've liked it so far.

We're knee deep in preparation for what we're calling our "Season 3 Extravaganza"...actually, I'm the only one calling it that, but I'll get the others to catch on sooner or later...

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:35 am

We're starting to get the ball rolling on Season 3, which should have a spectacular twist. We've cobbled together a bit of a teaser here.

Manahakatouki
Senator

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Manahakatouki » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 am

Reminds me of the films a friend of mine made with shadows and light, a few in which I lend my talents as a hand model for a few shots...

Anyway, these are really good, and I enjoyed myself throughout...
And so it was, that I had never changed.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Manahakatouki wrote:Reminds me of the films a friend of mine made with shadows and light, a few in which I lend my talents as a hand model for a few shots...

Anyway, these are really good, and I enjoyed myself throughout...

Shadow plays are awesome. It's one of the few performances where I get that 'otherworldly' feel going on. Love 'em.

Glad you liked it, man.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Aww hell yeah
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction