NATION

PASSWORD

Passed Resolutions (sorted by category)

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:28 pm

The Dark Star Republic wrote:Yes. To look up by category before, I was using NSwiki's timeline, viewing the source and searching by the hex code - not exactly straightforward! Much easier now.

Glad I could help. And, as I always say, I'm fallible, so if you catch any oops's - be they bad links, miscategorization, etc. - definitely let me know! :)
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Just executed a mega-update on the Passed Resolutions thread, including the addition all resolutions passed since the beginning of the year, updating the master list for the first time in four months, and editing and marking as repealed the approximately 8,672 resolutions that have been struck out since November 2013. But I still might have missed a few things here and there, so all interested authors and observers, please report any errors you might come across when looking it over. Thanks.
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:31 pm

"Dignified end of life choices" has been repealed.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:00 pm

Applebania wrote:"Dignified end of life choices" has been repealed.

Yeah, I was a co-author on that one. This list is somewhat out of date, as I'm lacking the free time to make more than the occasional comment on these forums, let alone to do the complete overhaul this thread needs to get updated.

Kenny updated his own list (stickied atop this forum) but the sort of comment he left here doesn't belong in his thread, so he put it here.

At least, that's my best explanation for it.
Proud Member of UNOG

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
Applebania wrote:"Dignified end of life choices" has been repealed.

Yeah, I was a co-author on that one. This list is somewhat out of date, as I'm lacking the free time to make more than the occasional comment on these forums, let alone to do the complete overhaul this thread needs to get updated.

Kenny updated his own list (stickied atop this forum) but the sort of comment he left here doesn't belong in his thread, so he put it here.

At least, that's my best explanation for it.

Indeed. Applebania's comment did scare me a bit, but then I had another look, and I did not miss it after all. I'll add the [past] tag to my first post to reduce any further confusion. Thanks for letting me use this thread for necessary asides and notes, mousey. It is appreciated.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sun May 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Updated!

The Health Category (and the new Environmental subcategories) have also been added. But no one has written anything in this areas yet, so while I appreciate your making my thread updating easier ... it also makes me sad because I'm a fan of variety. (Heck, I'll fully admit that I mostly wrote my Recreational Drug prop purely for the challenge of passing something in that category!)

Anyone up for a challenge of trying to be the first one to pass a resolution in one of those new subcategories? (Heck, the Health category is even wide open at this point!)
Proud Member of UNOG

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sun May 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Mousebumples wrote:Anyone up for a challenge of trying to be the first one to pass a resolution in one of those new subcategories? (Heck, the Health category is even wide open at this point!)

I don't like the idea of passing resolutions for the sake of using categories; that said, I think the vague murmurs of replacing the Reduction of Abortion Act's contraceptive/family planning provisions, should they ever come to pass, would belong in Health.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm

The Dark Star Republic wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:Anyone up for a challenge of trying to be the first one to pass a resolution in one of those new subcategories? (Heck, the Health category is even wide open at this point!)

I don't like the idea of passing resolutions for the sake of using categories; that said, I think the vague murmurs of replacing the Reduction of Abortion Act's contraceptive/family planning provisions, should they ever come to pass, would belong in Health.

Fair enough. However, I also know that I've seen threads around these parts where some authors ask for "ideas" since they don't know what to write about. I guess I was hoping that some of these authors would perhaps consider these categories for possible inspiration ...
Proud Member of UNOG

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sun May 04, 2014 5:35 pm

The list contains some mistakes:
  • Endangered Species Protection links to Biological Weapons Conference
  • Vehicle Emissions Convention was Automotive
  • On Abortion links to Conscientious Objector Act
  • For the Detained and Convicted has been repealed
  • Workplace Safety Standards Act is Significant
  • Animal Protection Act was Significant
  • Freedom to Read and Learn is Human Rights
  • Medical Blockade Restriction is listed twice, correctly in Free Trade, wrongly in Social Justice

The list also made me realize the Environmental resolutions have been reclassified, although hopefully that didn't come with a stats change.

As always, thanks for your work - a very valuable effort in the continuing refusal of the moderators to revive Reference Guide.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sun May 04, 2014 5:53 pm

The Dark Star Republic wrote:The list contains some mistakes:
  • Endangered Species Protection links to Biological Weapons Conference
  • Vehicle Emissions Convention was Automotive
  • On Abortion links to Conscientious Objector Act
  • For the Detained and Convicted has been repealed
  • Workplace Safety Standards Act is Significant
  • Animal Protection Act was Significant
  • Freedom to Read and Learn is Human Rights
  • Medical Blockade Restriction is listed twice, correctly in Free Trade, wrongly in Social Justice

Thanks for those, DSR. When I copy-paste links from Kenny's thread, sometimes the C/P buttons don't work like they should. I'll work on getting these updated in the near future.

EDIT: And I think I've gotten everything fixed. As always, give a shout if I've goofed somewhere else.
Last edited by Mousebumples on Sun May 04, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of UNOG

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun May 04, 2014 6:34 pm

It's been a month a half since I last updated; was sure I'd have to add a bundle of them to the list. How is it that in six weeks we've managed to pass only one resolution? That's astounding. :meh:

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Sun May 04, 2014 6:55 pm

They keep failing. I think it's kinda nice.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Aligned Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Typo edit request :)

Postby Aligned Planets » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Hey Mouse,

As discussed via TG, under the Human Rights category, you list GAR #200 as Forced Marriage Recognition. It is actually Foreign Marriage Recognition.

Hope that helps :)

Love,

AP
What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the United Federation has become the very evil we've been fighting to destroy?
"The 4,427th nation in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced, scoring 266 on the Kurzweil Singularity Index."
Don't question the FT of AP.

Jaresh-Inyo | World Assembly Delegate
Laura Roslin | President, United Federation of Aligned Planets

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:17 pm

It's been a few months since the last update to the main list; I've been seeing to personal business lately and so I let time slip by; the list will be tended to as soon as things settle down…so for those of you resolution authors anxious to see your name in lights on this forum, be patient. :p

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:19 pm

In need of update:
GAR #257 (Reducing Automobile Emissions) and GAR #172 (International Expositions Act) are history.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm

There are many things in this post that require updating; it hasn't been touched in nearly a year. As mousey has been recently promoted to Game Mod it might be awhile. :p

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:There are many things in this post that require updating; it hasn't been touched in nearly a year. As mousey has been recently promoted to Game Mod it might be awhile. :p

Yeah, it's on my to-do list. It just requires a chunk of time to sit down and update things .... :blush:
Proud Member of UNOG

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Just so everyone knows, I will be updating the main list, sooner rather than later. Do not despair. It's just been a crazy couple of months. Distractions will dissipate, I promise.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly