NATION

PASSWORD

WA bill proposal

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Flomonga
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 22, 2023
Anarchy

WA bill proposal

Postby Flomonga » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:46 pm

This is a rough draft of a proposal that will be submitted to the WA in a few weeks and I would like to receive input on any corrections anyone has on this proposal. I expect to make many edits over the next few weeks as this is a rough draft.This proposal looks to ban animal breeding mills.

World Assembly,

Animal Breading mills are inhumane rapid animal breading facilities that mistreat the well being of animals to sell for commercially for profit. These facilities are both inhumane and unnecessary as they put the vulnerable animals housed in horrible conditions all to make a profit.

These facilities have been operating for years with no restrictions for these owners who proceed with cruel and inhumane practices for innocent animals who are abused daily all for commercial profit. These practices include rapid bredaing of female animals, starvation of animals, lack of basic necessities such as lack of water and a proper shelter that are also overcrowded and rapidly spread disease and lack of medicine.

Due to these both unacceptable and inhumane circumstances and practices this bill will look to create both better practices and a better future for these abused and neglected animals.

This proposal proposes:

1. All World Assembly nations immediately shut down and ban all existing animal breading mills and immediate seizure of all animals currently housed within these facilities.

2. Bans all pet stores and zoos from acquiring animals from acquiring animals that were bread in animal mills and requires them to only acquire animals from shelters and responsible animal breeders.

3. Prohibits any independent breeder from continuing business without proper certifications and proper facilities and confirmed humane practices.

When passing this bill as law we will ensure that all animals that are rapidly bread for commercial use will be banned and can successfully give animals the opportunity to be bread and raised in responsible facilities who prioritize the wellbeing and welfare of animals with the goal of being given the opportunity to be sold to loving people and families.
Last edited by Flomonga on Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

United Bongo States of the New America
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 23, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United Bongo States of the New America » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:47 pm

For.

Flomonga
Political Columnist

Anarchy

Postby Flomonga » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 pm

United Bongo States of the New America wrote:For.

Ban of animal breeding mills.

United Bongo States of the New America
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 23, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United Bongo States of the New America » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:51 pm

Flomonga wrote:

Yes, I support the ban.

Quasi-Stellar Star Civilizations
Minister

Founded: Apr 06, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quasi-Stellar Star Civilizations » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:53 pm

For one, this belongs in the General Assembly forum, not General.

For two, I'd support it if it were legal (correct me if I'm wrong that it's illegal) and better written. Take a couple passed bills such as GA #31 or GA #79 as inspiration for a well-written proposal.
Last edited by Quasi-Stellar Star Civilizations on Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 types of people I hate:
1. Flat-earthers
2. Creationists
3. Anybody else who tries to deny proven scientific facts.
A Class .363 Civilization according to this index.
NS stats are not canon with the exception of the rights thingy.
A major change will come (eventually) to my factbooks.
If you're FT, join my region, The Outer Rim!
A member of the Free World Coalition and the Rigel Pact.
CNN Commerce: Cirrilian Mining Co. stocks plummeted after Orran Urpor's murder | Itzgari POW camps overflowing | Itzgari War: Spearhead at Pyon succeeds; QSN to begin Blitz | Peace negotiations hot topic in the Council | Orran Urpor found dead under mysterious circumstances in his villa on Teo

Empire of Lettuce
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Lettuce » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:54 pm

Flomonga wrote:

I think that animal breeding mills are needed, they're not great, but a ban isn't needed.
Tier 6, Level 0, Type 7 according to this
Centrist
THE CLASS OF ANARCHY IS WRONG.

The Overmind
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2022
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Overmind » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:00 pm

Quasi-Stellar Star Civilizations wrote:For one, this belongs in the General Assembly forum, not General.

For two, I'd support it if it were legal (correct me if I'm wrong that it's illegal) and better written. Take a couple passed bills such as GA #31 or GA #79 as inspiration for a well-written proposal.

I cannot think of, off the top of my head, any resolution that this proposal contradicts. Assuming that there is no resolution that it contradicts, this appears, to my eye, to be legal. It is, however, almost certainly not passable at vote in its current form, correction of its many typographical errors notwithstanding.
Free Palestine

Trans men are men | Trans women are women | Sex is non-binary
Assigned sex isn't biological sex | Trans rights are human rights

Neuroscientist | Formerly Heavens Reach | He/Him/His

Flomonga
Political Columnist

Anarchy

Postby Flomonga » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 pm

The Overmind wrote:
Quasi-Stellar Star Civilizations wrote:For one, this belongs in the General Assembly forum, not General.

I cannot think of, off the top of my head, any resolution that this proposal contradicts. Assuming that there is no resolution that it contradicts, this appears, to my eye, to be legal. It is, however, almost certainly not passable at vote in its current form, correction of its many typographical errors notwithstanding.

Yes I understand and can assure you that this is more of a brainstorm than formal proposal and will go through many grammatical and formatting adjustments over the next few weeks.

Flomonga
Political Columnist

Anarchy

Postby Flomonga » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:07 pm

Empire of Lettuce wrote:
Flomonga wrote:Ban of animal breeding mills.

I think that animal breeding mills are needed, they're not great, but a ban isn't needed.

So the concept I am attempting to ban are the inhumane ones that are operated by people who put animals through terrible conditions and on their own do this for commercial profit. People who have proper registration and have humane standards may continue operating.

Flomonga
Political Columnist

Anarchy

Postby Flomonga » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:08 pm

Thank you for refrencing me to those. This I can assure you is just a rough draft and will be properly formatted when its time for submission.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:08 pm

“All World Assembly nations immediately shut down and ban all existing animal breading mills”

If we shut down breading mills then where will we get country fried chicken, or breaded cutlets, or chicken nuggets?

Spellcheck is essential. As you can see one misspelling repeated throughout can completely change a statement.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:39 pm

“ we will ensure that all animals that are rapidly bread for commercial use will be banned”

It is truly unfortunate that along with your breading/breeding error you also effectively have eliminated all ranching, horse breeding, poultry farms, wool production, dairy farms, and many other animal products by your choosing one size fits all wording.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly