NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu May 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Ah, number twelve!
GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: slevochya_1431047267

Repeal "Responsible Arms Trading"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: GA#325

Proposed by: Slevochya

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #325: Responsible Arms Trading (Category: Global Disarmament; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: Forcing us smaller countries to abide by such regulations is out of the question. We need to be able to protect ourselves, free from military intervention from other nations. The only way we can accomplish this is by spending as much as WE feel we should. Instead of having an outside organization tell us how much we should spend on our military.

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days 2 hours

No "repeals" clause, NatSov.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu May 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Let's just assume that any RAT repeal that winds up here is likely going to be illegal at this point.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu May 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:Let's just assume that any RAT repeal that winds up here is likely going to be illegal at this point.

Let's not. There might be one in the future that's actually written without the same recurring rules violations, no?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu May 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:Let's just assume that any RAT repeal that winds up here is likely going to be illegal at this point.

Let's not. There might be one in the future that's actually written without the same recurring rules violations, no?

You're welcome to be optimistic.
Problem to Report?

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Nurkama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nurkama » Thu May 07, 2015 9:12 pm

ID: whitlarkia_1431057858

Proposed by: Whitlarkia

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #325: Responsible Arms Trading (Category: Global Disarmament; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: This is an affront to national sovereignty and I will not sit idly by while my citizens are being forced by an international industry killing treaty. This is bullying at best and the beginning of Neo-colonialism at worst. What next? You decide that countries that don't line up with your ideas of right and wrong and force a regime change. This is a blatant act by the powers that be to gain more control over the smaller and newer countries. You say we aren't allowed to arm those who might initiate a war, but what if an oppressed ethnic minority needs arms to liberate themselves? Or a tyrant needs to be deposed for the good of the country? It is clear that whoever wrote this is a career bureaucrat out of touch with the harsh reality. Arms trading is a win-win for many countries. The seller makes money and helps make the world a safer place and the buyer is making a region more secure or overthrowing an oppressive government.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 11 hours
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we know why this one isn't going to work.
he/him

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Fri May 08, 2015 3:06 am

Nurkama wrote: This is a blatant act by the powers that be to gain more control over the smaller and newer countries.

I'll give him points for originality.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri May 08, 2015 4:52 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:

That you of all people are willing to be hopeful is rather strong evidence that the contrary is the more likely outcome.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 6:18 am

ID: dengoober_1431086608

Proposed by: Dengoober

Argument: You can't decide how people are going to use fire arms. Also, how can we decide for everyone how their defense budget is going to go. Its just absurd to expect that from people, especially from nations where they have to have defensive measures to protect their country from tyrants. Doing this will throw the world into a state of war and anarchy!

Thirteen...
Pure NatSov, no "repeals" clause.

ID: protestant_england_and_germany_1431086659

Proposed by: Protestant England and Germany

Argument: This is absurd, by limiting the proliferation of arms to developing nations, it is essentially throwing them out in the snow and hanging an invade me sign around their necks. What is stopping some imperialistic heavy weight from invading and occupying a developing nations. With out arms supplied by other nations these countries have no way of fighting back. Also how can you be sure that these prohibitions won't be abused. One country might abuse these by saying that one country is supplying new countries that have "poor civil rights records" or "aggressive and expansionist rouge" nations. Now don't get me wrong, I agree with points 4,5, and 6, but how many members of nationstates are not members of the WA, especially the new ones who have no idea how to join the WA. In short, there needs to be limits on arms trading, but there should be a little more freedom for arms trading.

Fourteen...
Pure NatSov, no "repeals" clause.

ID: the_one_oreo_for_all_1431089743

Guns for safety

A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.

Category: Free Trade

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: THE ONE OREO FOR ALL

Description: I believe that people need the protection there are people out there who wont care to kill you for $20

This will help the economy
Make citizens happier
Will cause crime to drop

Wrong category again, does nothing.
ID: dengoober_1431086534

Proposed by: Dengoober

Argument: You can't decide how people are going to use fire arms. Also, how can we decide for everyone how their defense budget is going to go. Its just absurd to expect that from people, especially from nations where they have to have defensive measures to protect their country from tyrants. Doing this will throw the world into a state of war and anarchy!

Duplicate of the first one, so we won't count this one as part of the count.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 7:27 am

ID: bottle_kids_1431094694

International Drug Trade

A resolution to reduce barriers to free trade and commerce.

Category: Free Trade

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: Bottle Kids

Description: Description: The General Assembly,

NOTING how many nations have strict drug laws;

APPALLED oppression that many nations put upon their people;

FULLY AWARE of every nation's right to have complete sovereign control over their lands and people;

DRAWS ATTENTION capital gain, and happiness that drugs bring;

HAVING CONSIDERED that action must be done;

Hereby,

[1] CALLS UPON a regulation put forth by every country that allows the free trade of controlled substances across borders;

[2] CLARIFIES that nations cannot restrict their citizens' aces to these drugs;

Hereby, therefore, nations may trade controlled substances freely with one another, and their citizens may partake in said substances.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 1 hour

The general structure of this, including the sentence structure of the preamble and the operative clauses, is plagiarized from Manufacturing Waste.
Name: Manufacturing Waste
Category: Environment
Area of Effect: All businesses

The General Assembly,

NOTING how many nations have "inhospitable landscapes;"

APPALLED by the Litter on the world(s)'s environment (If we look at many nations' description and banners of pollution);

FULLY AWARE of every nation's right to have complete sovereign control over their lands;

DRAWS ATTENTION to the environment and the waste put forth by Manufacturing industries impacting it;

HAVING CONSIDERED that action must be done;

Hereby,

[1] CALLS UPON a regulation put forth by every country that specifies that all waste must be destroyed by methods deemed fit by every country, or by reusing the product if deemed safe for reuse, but if not possible to be destroyed nor recycled, it shall be stored in certain areas as specified according to each country.

[2] CLARIFIES that areas specified by each country must be reasonable under common sense or reasonable in the eyes of the international community, and not put in environmentally fragile areas.

Hereby, therefore, Manufacturing Waste from all companies will be mildly regulated to minimize impact on the economy and simultaneously creating a healthier environment for all living things.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 7:28 am

ID: wafflatropolis_1430980183

Disposal of Hazardous Waste

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry.

Category: Environmental

Industry Affected: Agriculture

Proposed by: Wafflatropolis

Description: General Assembly,

Wafflatropolis submits a proposal to further world interests by recognizing and eliminating the extreme nature of the problem, along with the proposal of beneficial solutions,

Hopes to come away with a stronger and cleaner global economy than ever, does propose to:

1. Better define in context what toxic waste is to be considered for future ease of notation and access,

2. Defines proper storage, treatment, and/or disposal of aforementioned toxic waste,

3. Recognizes the necessity for delayed implementation based off of time constraints, regional wealth, population, or other limiting factors,

4. Assures nations that proper waste disposal will be made available to all via international markets,
4a. Will enforce that a minimum of waste plants be built to accommodate the world's demand in those countries that are most able as will be determined by an independent review,

5. Requires all members to cease and desist in the illegal dumping or disposal of waste via means of other countries upon threat of security council review,

6. Mandates that countries work in tandem to incinerate waste and properly store products underground in order to properly dispose of waste on a self-regulating basis, as there is reason to suspect improper disposal contributes to global warming and other monstrous effects.

Synopsis: Wafflatropolis proposes that counterpart facilities for the disposal and storage of toxic waste be build in neighboring countries to both cut down on environmental harm and to promote a sensation of unity and fellowship among nations. Sure agricultural space will need to be repurposed to build the massive solar fields needed for the incineration plants, but won't the extra energy generated while the incinerator isn't in use make up for it?

Approvals: 8 (The Norwegian Lands, Scioto Republic, The Fourth Republic of Yugoslavia, The Midwestern Atlantic Colonies, Sylvuanir, Karakis, The League of Eastern Orthodox Knights, Vikinghastan)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 1 hour

Not from WA's POV. Also, how is this Agriculture?
Co-Author of SC #204

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Fri May 08, 2015 7:30 am

Will be checking for plagiarism with respect to the Manufacturing Waste proposal, which was submitted first.

At this point, I don't need to comment on most of the repeal attempts of RAT. They all fit into the same mould.

"Guns for safety" was removed for the obvious category violation.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Fri May 08, 2015 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Problem to Report?

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri May 08, 2015 7:33 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:Also, how is this Agriculture?

The proposal itself says:
...agricultural space will need to be repurposed to build the massive solar fields needed for the incineration plants...

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 7:34 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Also, how is this Agriculture?

The proposal itself says:
...agricultural space will need to be repurposed to build the massive solar fields needed for the incineration plants...

In that case, it is proposing destroying agricultural land to build solar panels. The agriculture category is stuff like making agriculture more sustainable.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 7:36 am

S&I having a field day today, aren't we? :p
Co-Author of SC #204

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri May 08, 2015 8:23 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
The Dark Star Republic wrote:The proposal itself says:

In that case, it is proposing destroying agricultural land to build solar panels. The agriculture category is stuff like making agriculture more sustainable.

No, the agriculture category is for any proposal that increases the environment and reduces the agriculture industry. There's nothing more complex to it than that. But for an unfortunate bit of branding, the proposal seems fine. And not written well enough to be plagiarised, incidentally.
Last edited by The Dark Star Republic on Fri May 08, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Fri May 08, 2015 9:12 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:In that case, it is proposing destroying agricultural land to build solar panels. The agriculture category is stuff like making agriculture more sustainable.

No, the agriculture category is for any proposal that increases the environment and reduces the agriculture industry. There's nothing more complex to it than that. But for an unfortunate bit of branding, the proposal seems fine. And not written well enough to be plagiarised, incidentally.

Nope but it did stink of branding.

And yet another repeal attempt:
ID: the_new_deutschland_1431098407

Proposed by: The New Deutschland

Argument: The General Assembly,

Repealing its commitment to international peace and goodwill,

Realizing the extreme hazard to national populations posed by the unregulated trade of weapons and armaments is not proven,

Hoping to lift the limit of involvement of member nations and their citizens in responsible trade of arms and armament,

1. Defines the term "armament" as military equipment, specifically weapons and ammunition, which possess a practical application in military conflict, including the parts necessary in their construction or production;

2. Defines the term "transfer" as the movement of an armament from one member nation, political subdivisions thereof, or non-state entities associated with a member nation to any other such entity, including non-member nations and non-state entities not associated with any nation;

3. Defines the term "end-user certificate" as an affidavit completed by the buyer of armaments subject to the provisions of this resolution which verifies that said buyer is the final recipient of the product;

4. Allows internal and external trade of arms and armament to be an internal affair with very regulations only imposed by member nations;

5. Finds all manufacturers, exporters, and brokers only responsible for the first hand-off of weapons to the person they deal with directly, no end-user certificate required;

6. Only prohibits the sale of transfer of weapons, arms, or armaments already banned via the World Assembly in past resolutions.

Approvals: 3 (Tokarskia, Cresenthia, The Golden Horse)

Voting Ends: in 2 days 23 hours

I had hope reading the first three clauses then... nope. Though, to its credit, it's not national sovereignty or branding. But we have amendments. This could have been broken into a two-parter repeal n' replace.
Problem to Report?

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014

Postby Phydios » Fri May 08, 2015 9:43 am

Just for future reference, that's sixteen attempted repeals of RAT so far, unless I miscounted.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri May 08, 2015 9:57 am

Phydios wrote:Just for future reference, that's sixteen attempted repeals of RAT so far, unless I miscounted.

Sciongrad will get a TG sent to his nation every time a repeal is submitted, so he'll be able to keep track.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri May 08, 2015 11:25 am

Alas, his box will soon be overfull and he'll have lost count. :meh:
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Fri May 08, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Alas, his box will soon be overfull and he'll have lost count. :meh:

So far, if you include the duplicate one, there have been sixteen repeal attempts - I've been counting.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 3:28 pm

ID: beelzebub_confederacy_1431123522

Your God Doesn't Love You

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Beelzebub Confederacy

Description: Based on the inequality derived from Conservatism generally found in most religious states, this is a proposal to negate those disadvantages to support human rights despite religion.

Voting Ends: in 3 days 5 hours

:palm:
Co-Author of SC #204

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri May 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:

Description: Based on the inequality derived from Conservatism generally found in most religious states, this is a proposal to negate those disadvantages to support human rights despite religion.

I want this framed.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Lysset
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Lysset » Fri May 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:

Keelah... What IS this?
Lysset's WA Delegate: Ambassador Horus Kha'Shak
Lysset's Embassy Program
Furry and a Brony.
Lysset: A nation of wanderers.
Hey! Remember how I said I had no clue what my sexuality is? Turns out I'm Bi!
Also, Trans Rights.
BLACK LIVES MATTER

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat May 09, 2015 2:24 am

And another one. #17 now?

Proposed by: Kingdom of Eireland

Argument: I believe this violates my nation's right/freedom to sell my arms to who ever I want, that is my right/freedom to and no one should what can and can not do "period!" If I want to supply a nation that has no military will arm then that my right/freedom, or I want to supply a war nation that my right/freedom.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Sat May 09, 2015 5:25 am

And yep! The 17th attempt is as invalid as the first. But, what is this? Appears that there may be a legal attempt! Sadly, I don't see a thread for it.

ID: imperium_anglorum_1431148414

Proposed by: Imperium Anglorum

Argument: Affirming the need for the securitisation of weapons for the peaceful lives of civilians across the world,

Recognising that war is an inevitable part of human nature as well as a conflict which can lead to the creation of new nations and the achievement of radical change, and

Believing that peace and prosperity are best preserved by the protection of civilians and not overregulation of arms used generally for defence,

This august World Assembly;

Objects to the definition of armament, as it includes the “parts necessary in their construction or production”, which includes items such as wood, metal, brass, and saltpetre, since this is an overly broad definition which includes many resources which are and are not used in armament production;

Realises that clause (4) is a piece of boiler-plate filler which does nothing, since it exempts from regulation weapons that are not regulated and only binds future regulations to relax gun control laws for ‘recreational purposes only’ and tighten said laws in the case of posing ‘imminent lawless action’, the first of which is irrespective of the violent nature of non-developed countries and the second of which is irrelevant, as any regulation passed would ipso facto make violations ‘imminent' and ‘lawless';

Objects to the requirement that ‘exporters and brokers of armaments within member nations ... register with the relevant governments of the nations in which they operate’, as this would mean government oversight over all armament production facilities and endanger the freedoms of civilians who may want to overthrow dictatorships;

Decries clause (7), which prohibits the sale of weapons:

if there is a possibility of diversion, which may occur in the chaos of war (e.g. blockades, interception, etc.) and or

if there is a possibility of use in a ‘war of conquest or expropiation', the definition of which is not well defined, and hence, can include cases where nations may wish for payments of war indemnities (thus expropriating wealth), colonies, and or claims of uninhabited territories;

Believes that the mandate for the issuance of ‘end-user certificates’ is irrespective of the chaos of war, which may lead to the capture of war materiel, hence forcing that ‘said buyer’ might not be the ‘final recipient of the product’; and thus; this esteemed World Assembly;

Repeals the resolution on Responsible Arms Trading.

Approvals: 1 (General Hammond)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours
Problem to Report?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives