NATION

PASSWORD

Unlimited Free Trade Act proposal

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The Consolidated New World Order
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Unlimited Free Trade Act proposal

Postby The Consolidated New World Order » Mon May 16, 2016 10:39 am

I am not new to Nationstates but I am not completely familiar with the rules for writing proposals. I wrote a cloning research proposal a while ago but if failed to get more than 20 delegate's support. This is my rough draft for a strong free trade resolution:

Free trade is the ideal of trade which is unlimited by any constraints, laws or tariffs. Therefore,
Knowing that free trade will boost outside investment and therefore development of the economies of unindustrialized nations,
Seeing that it would allow greater competition between nations and firms, insuring that the most efficient, cheapest and therefore best companies come out on top,
Considering the archaic, protectionist policies which lead to backwards economies and a lack of healthy competition,
Hoping that although the current WA administration may be against this act they will not limit its consideration before the World Assembly and wishing that they will see in the truth behind it:

If this resolution is passed by the WA its result shall be the complete and total abolition of tariffs on exports and imports between all nations. This will not effect excise taxes within nations.

If there is something wrong with it it would be helpful to know.
Novus Ordo Seclorum
Author of two (failed) general assembly proposals

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon May 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Well, no category for one thing. Also, you appear to be running afoul of other resolutions.
viewtopic.php?p=799613#p799613
viewtopic.php?p=10021560#p10021560
viewtopic.php?p=10556924#p10556924
viewtopic.php?p=11260510#p11260510
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The Consolidated New World Order
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Consolidated New World Order » Mon May 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:Well, no category for one thing. Also, you appear to be running afoul of other resolutions.
viewtopic.php?p=799613#p799613
viewtopic.php?p=10021560#p10021560
viewtopic.php?p=10556924#p10556924
viewtopic.php?p=11260510#p11260510

Heh I geuss I didn't realize there were other resolutions expanding free trade.
Thanks
Novus Ordo Seclorum
Author of two (failed) general assembly proposals

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon May 16, 2016 12:55 pm

This is why we have all resolutions conveniently listed, to see what is in effect before writing duplications or contradictions.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Railana
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Railana » Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:This is why we have all resolutions conveniently listed, to see what is in effect before writing duplications or contradictions.

Of course, it's not entirely realistic to expect every new player to a casual game like NationStates to read all 368 (and counting) past resolutions, so the author's mistake is perfectly understandable.

To the author, thanks for giving proposal writing a shot! You might want to try looking at or participating in some of the other drafting threads before your next attempt, though. That'll allow you to get a feel for how we do things around here.
Dominion of Railana
Also known as Auralia

"Lex naturalis voluntas Dei est."

Return to General Assembly