NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Execution Protocol

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Chinese Peoples
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Execution Protocol

Postby Chinese Peoples » Thu May 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Please see the definition of executions.

The General Assembly,

Recognizing the importance of full, speedy, and regular administration of justice to all parties involved in any action,

deploring the dilatory practices that have obstructed the aforementioned justice,

by and with the assent of all the nations herein represented, enacts as follows:

1. No writ for executionon any property shall issue to any authority whatsoever, until a final judgment by a legally constituted court of law shall have been rendered and after a refusal to deliver under the terms of the said court shall have intervened;

2. Prior to such issue, the demandant shall have served upon the respondant a notice of intent to sue to execution, no less than four days prior to the issue of such writ;

3. In case of the death, illness, or absence beyond the seas of the respondant, the said notice shall be served to his heir or heirs, successor or successors, or heirs and successors, or any one of them, currently holding the real and movable property currently to be distrained of the respondant, as the case may be, or guardian, or appointed representative in this behalf, respectively;

4. Upon issue of any writ for execution, the authority whose duty it is, by virtue of such writ issued, to make of the moneys and goods of the respondant, shall at the earliest possible moment proceed to the residence of the respondant, and there then make of the moneys, goods, or moneys and goods, as the case may be, according to the value which appears on the surface of the writ;

5. In the process of execution, moneys shall firstly be distrained to the satisfaction of the demandant, and, money being insufficient, movable goods, shall of him be distrained, and, moneys and goods being insufficient to satisfy the demandant, then real property, in order of ascending value, be distrained of him;

6. No writ of execution shall issue to the effect of detaining any person for whatsoever cause, except when such person, being the respondant or otherwise, shall resist execution on his property, without showing cause;

7. No moneys or property, real or movable, immediately necessary for the survival of the respondant, shall be distrained of him, as a result of any writ of execution.

8. No amercement shall be imposed on any person whose property shall become subject to execution.

I believe we have heard enough stories when executions result in property immediately necessary for the survival of individuals being deprived from them to satisfy a verdict. The Republic of China believes that, no matter how much the debt as occasioned by a verdict, nobody should be left hungry or thirsty. We also believe that a set procedure is necessary before resorting to force to implement a verdict, such as depriving the respondant of first his money, then his movables, and then real property, which will speed up the process, since money is the most liquid of all commodities.
Last edited by Chinese Peoples on Sat May 14, 2016 10:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
IC Title: the Republic of China | MT | Factbooks | the only democratic China on NS
The duty of the state is to prevent danger, not to punish it after it has happened. Rescind the 2nd Amendment, today.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu May 12, 2016 11:32 pm

ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Thu May 12, 2016 11:35 pm

IC Title: the Republic of China | MT | Factbooks | the only democratic China on NS
The duty of the state is to prevent danger, not to punish it after it has happened. Rescind the 2nd Amendment, today.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu May 12, 2016 11:35 pm

Please use a title that has not already been used.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Thu May 12, 2016 11:38 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Please use a title that has not already been used.

Done.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu May 12, 2016 11:40 pm

Chinese Peoples wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Please use a title that has not already been used.

Done.

It's too long. That's 34 characters. Your limit is 30.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri May 13, 2016 1:06 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Chinese Peoples wrote:Done.

It's too long. That's 34 characters. Your limit is 30.

It's 24 characters now.

Communal Ecotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Communal Ecotopia » Fri May 13, 2016 1:10 pm

This does not imply that, if passed, a state must execute, correct? This is only a procedural matter for those that do?
Political Compass -10, -9.28

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri May 13, 2016 1:16 pm

OOC: If I google certain key parts of this, what RL nation's law text will come up? I honestly don't think you'd write in this style all on your own, because pretty much nobody actually does, except actual RL law-makers. Adding some typos isn't same as not plagiarizing.

Also, have you checked all the extant resolutions for duplication/contradiction? Some of the stuff makes me think "don't we already have a resolution that says this?"
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri May 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Communal Ecotopia wrote:This does not imply that, if passed, a state must execute, correct? This is only a procedural matter for those that do?

This draft attempts to protect winning litigants' right to secure speedy and fair execution as well as the losing litigant's right not to have his livelihood deprived from him by execution.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri May 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Araraukar wrote:OOC: If I google certain key parts of this, what RL nation's law text will come up? I honestly don't think you'd write in this style all on your own, because pretty much nobody actually does, except actual RL law-makers. Adding some typos isn't same as not plagiarizing.

I have been in the staff of a Canadian federal MP, and as such I have exposure to legislative language.
Also, have you checked all the extant resolutions for duplication/contradiction? Some of the stuff makes me think "don't we already have a resolution that says this?"

I did a preliminary one, but this is a judicial procedure that deserves a separate resolution.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri May 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Chinese Peoples wrote:I did a preliminary one, but this is a judicial procedure that deserves a separate resolution.

Why? Do you honestly believe that the member nations' governments are so inept that they need to have the WA hand-hold their execution practices?

I think this is a prime example of "micromanagery that's not an international issue".

Also, it needs a category and strength.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri May 13, 2016 1:31 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Chinese Peoples wrote:I did a preliminary one, but this is a judicial procedure that deserves a separate resolution.

Why? Do you honestly believe that the member nations' governments are so inept that they need to have the WA hand-hold their execution practices?

For example, retirement pensions are not subject to execution in the USA. This protection is absent in many countries.
I think this is a prime example of "micromanagery that's not an international issue".

I think I'll put Human Rights and Mild. What do you say?
Last edited by Chinese Peoples on Fri May 13, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri May 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Chinese Peoples wrote:For example, retirement pensions are not subject to execution in the USA. This protection is absent in many countries.

What the hell is a USA? You'll have a big uphill battle with this, after essentially saying to a lot of ambassadors here that you don't think their nation knows what it's doing when executing criminals.

(OOC: GA is a roleplay forum. If you're talking out of character, use "OOC" to show that. And please understand that NS =/= RL. A lot of the issues that are issues in real life, aren't in NS, and vice versa.)

Personally I think it needs to be in Trash Bin and On Fire.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri May 13, 2016 3:12 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Chinese Peoples wrote:For example, retirement pensions are not subject to execution in the USA. This protection is absent in many countries.

What the hell is a USA? You'll have a big uphill battle with this, after essentially saying to a lot of ambassadors here that you don't think their nation knows what it's doing when executing criminals.

What has this to do with executing criminals? This is execution on property that we're talking about.
Araraukar wrote:(OOC: GA is a roleplay forum. If you're talking out of character, use "OOC" to show that. And please understand that NS =/= RL. A lot of the issues that are issues in real life, aren't in NS, and vice versa.)

OoC: I understand that.
Araraukar wrote:

Personally I think it needs to be in Trash Bin and On Fire.

:P

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri May 13, 2016 3:43 pm

Chinese Peoples wrote:This is execution on property that we're talking about.

OOC: Writing in Legalese is a bad idea, as most voters will see it as gibberish and vote against on the basis of "I don't understand it, so I don't want it".
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri May 13, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri May 13, 2016 3:44 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Chinese Peoples wrote:This is execution on property that we're talking about.

And for us non-lawyers it's execution practices you seem to be talking about. (OOC: Writing in Legalese is a bad idea, as most voters will see it as gibberish and vote against on the basis of "I don't understand it, so I don't want it".)

But... but nowhere is capital punishment is mentioned in the draft!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Chinese Peoples wrote:But... but nowhere is capital punishment is mentioned in the draft!

OOC: See my corrected post. This late at night I'm a prime example for it. :P

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri May 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Chinese Peoples wrote:But... but nowhere is capital punishment is mentioned in the draft!

OOC: See my corrected post. This late at night I'm a prime example for it. :P

:p

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri May 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Araraukar wrote:OOC: If I google certain key parts of this, what RL nation's law text will come up? I honestly don't think you'd write in this style all on your own, because pretty much nobody actually does, except actual RL law-makers. Adding some typos isn't same as not plagiarizing.

I already checked for plagiarism. Didn't find anything... but I did not check very throughly either.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri May 13, 2016 11:23 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:

I already checked for plagiarism. Didn't find anything... but I did not check very throughly either.

On my word of honour, I didn't copy this from any source. Many of these set phrases are common in legislation, though. You may find this phrase in an oath of allegiance: his/her heir and successors. The phrase heirs, successors, assigns, and representatives is common in writs. All of them, or any X or more of them is used in royal proclamations for prorogation of parliament.
Last edited by Chinese Peoples on Sat May 14, 2016 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat May 14, 2016 6:13 am

While I still think the category and strength should be Trash Bin and On Fire, maybe you can explain how you think this will fit in human rights? Or why WA should bother legislating on such a minuscule slice of legal action?

OOC: With the actual execution threads hanging about, you might want to re-think the title, also because some delegates hate things starting with "On". And put a disclaimer at the top of the first post with a link to that Wikipedia article about what you're actually talking about.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat May 14, 2016 6:54 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: With the actual execution threads hanging about, you might want to re-think the title, also because some delegates hate things starting with "On".

And first words with styling (I got converted on this one by Sep)... and exception clauses... and 'clarification clauses' that serve no purpose...

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat May 14, 2016 7:10 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: With the actual execution threads hanging about, you might want to re-think the title, also because some delegates hate things starting with "On".

And first words with styling (I got converted on this one by Sep)... and exception clauses... and 'clarification clauses' that serve no purpose...

OOC: Heh, SP can convert anyone that Mr. Bell can drink under the table. And his feline army will deal with the rest. :P

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat May 14, 2016 10:24 am

Araraukar wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:And first words with styling (I got converted on this one by Sep)... and exception clauses... and 'clarification clauses' that serve no purpose...

OOC: Heh, SP can convert anyone that Mr. Bell can drink under the table. And his feline army will deal with the rest. :P

OOC: Going to stand firm about passive voice though.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly