NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft]Limiting Sexual Restrictions

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Old Hope
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Draft]Limiting Sexual Restrictions

Postby Old Hope » Tue May 05, 2015 8:13 am

The World Assembly
Recognizing sexual freedom as a civil right
Also recognizing the needs for states to restrict problematic results of sexual acts, such as overpopulation, and transmission of sexual diseases
Defining sexual acts as physical acts between individuals with intended sexual stimulation
Defining reproductive sexual acts as sexual acts leading to possible production of offspring
Defining overpopulation as a population with more cumulative basic needs than the environment can sustain in the long term
Hereby

1.Leaves the decision to restrict private consensual sexual acts for the prevention of the transmission of primarily sexually transmitted diseases to the extent necessary to prevent the spread of those diseases to member nations, or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions.
2.Leaves the decision to restrict private and consensual reproductive sexual acts between close relatives to member nations or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions.
3.Leaves the decision
to restrict private consensual reproductive sexual acts to resolve a problem of overpopulation when other measures have failed or are either too inefficient or illegal under World Assembly resolutions
to member nations, or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions
4.Allows member states to restrict sexual acts as a dangerous distraction threatening the life of others as long as other distractions are equally restricted.
5.Forbids member states to restrict or prosecute consensual private sexual acts in all other cases.

Civil rights proposal, strength significant
This is an early draft, and is intended as a replacement for the Sexual Privacy Act if it gets repealed.

The World Assembly
Also recognizing the needs for states to restrict problematic results of sexual acts, such as overpopulation, and transmission of sexual diseases
Defining sexual acts as physical acts between individuals with intended sexual stimulation
Defining reproductive sexual acts as sexual acts leading to possible production of offspring
Defining overpopulation as a population with more cumulative basic needs than the environment can sustain in the long term
hereby
1.Leaves the decision to restrict private consensual sexual acts for the prevention of the transmission of primarily sexually transmitted diseases to the extent necessary to prevent the spread of those diseases to member nations, or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions.
2.Leaves the decision to restrict private and consensual reproductive sexual acts between close relatives to member nations or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions.
3.Leaves the decision to restrict private consensual reproductive sexual acts to resolve a serious, acute, threatening problem of overpopulation when other measures have failed or are either too inefficient or illegal under World Assembly resolutions to member nations, or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions
4.Forbids member states to restrict or prosecute consensual private sexual acts in all other cases.
Last edited by Old Hope on Tue May 05, 2015 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:The format wars are a waste of time.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue May 05, 2015 10:19 am

"You mentioned that one of the comments in the other thread regarding this draft was unwarranted because there were no comments here. So, let me fix that assumption: this is terrible. The requirements are so incredibly vague that any lawyer worth their salt could manipulate the clauses to avoid giving any sort of legal protection for private sexual intercourse. Its toothless if you intention is to protect civil liberties, and it reads like it was written by my 13 year old niece."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Old Hope
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Tue May 05, 2015 11:00 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"You mentioned that one of the comments in the other thread regarding this draft was unwarranted because there were no comments here. So, let me fix that assumption: this is terrible. The requirements are so incredibly vague that any lawyer worth their salt could manipulate the clauses to avoid giving any sort of legal protection for private sexual intercourse. Its toothless if you intention is to protect civil liberties, and it reads like it was written by my 13 year old niece."

Your criticism is quite vague. Could you point out possible loopholes?

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue May 05, 2015 11:26 am

Old Hope wrote: The World Assembly

“Lack of punctuation after the clauses, your definition of sexual acts could include anything from kissing to outright sex, and your definition of “reproductive sexual acts” includes acts that unintentionally result in reproduction as a result.”
hereby

“No capitalization or punctuation.”

1.Leaves the decision to restrict private consensual sexual acts for the prevention of the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases to the extent necessary to prevent the spread of those diseases to member nations, or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions.

“Your syntax is terrible here. The sentence reads awkwardly and could include the restriction to prevent transmission of the common cold, since your definition of “sexual acts” is so terrible.”

2.Leaves the decision to restrict private reproductive and consensual sexual acts between close relatives to member nations or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions.

“This is, perhaps, the least objectionable of your clauses, because there is a genuine interest for governments to prevent incestuous reproduction. However, all that this particular approach will likely do is potentially ensure that individuals keep their incestuous intercourse a secret, and therefore not get any potential offspring assistance. It has much the same effect as criminalizing prostitution or enforcing the death penalty for rape: it will lead to the silencing of victims before it yields any actual solution.”

3.Leaves the decision to restrict private reproductive and consensual sexual acts to resolve a serious, acute, threatening problem of overpopulation when other measures have failed or are either too inefficient or illegal under World Assembly resolutions to member nations, or, if existing, other World Assembly resolutions

“You use the phrase “reproductive and consensual sexual acts”, which, thanks to you adding extra words in the middle of what is clearly meant to be one of your defined terms, makes it a meaningless phrase with no definition. It guts the entire clause, because now nations can define what a “Reproductive and Consensual Sexual Act” as whatever they please. If your writing wasn’t so muddy, you might be able to make the argument that the wording is clear enough to count, but it really isn’t; it’s clear as mud.”

“Even if you did fix that term, your term “serious” has no technical qualifier, since you just form a run-on sentence with your three descriptions of “problem”. It’s a mistake endemic to authors with poor writing skills, and yours is clearly no exception. Any national representative can determine any population as a serious problem. You fail to note what determines a problem that is threatening, or acute, or even serious. As a result, moralistic and authoritarian nations would take this opportunity to regulate whatever sexual acts they desire. An arbitrary population limit could be easily chosen just to further oppress citizens.

“And why do you bring up the World Assembly separately in two parts at the end of this nightmare of a clause? I take back my comparison to my niece. She’s a very bright young girl; she would likely do better than this tripe.”

4.Forbids member states to restrict or prosecute consensual private sexual acts in all other cases.

“Fortunately for you, extant WA law covers the worst loopholes that this clause misses. A happy accident and not an intentional move, I’m sure. However, I imagine that performing sexual acts in the privacy of, say, a personal vehicle while operating it would be something most states would like the discretion to prosecute.”

"More and more, when you put a proposal up for debate, I find myself chewing a hole in my tongue..."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Old Hope
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Tue May 05, 2015 11:51 am

Second draft up.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue May 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Old Hope wrote:Second draft up.

"I see you've managed to ignore fully more than half my suggestions. I can see you aren't interested in receiving actual feedback. All I have to say is good luck. Should this see submission, expect stiff resistance from my office. Good day."

Lucifugus
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucifugus » Tue May 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Looking over the proposal the ambassador from Lucifugus, a woman in glasses and a smart suit, finds herself frowning.

"My, it would appear to my eyes that this proposal hardly does anything. Leaving things up to member nations excepting for World Assembly resolutions as they're applied... Why, that's the state of things already, isn't it? The token conclusion of forbidding consensual acts save for the above provisions hardly changes the effect. If you were hoping to accomplish more, I fail to see it."
Call me Luc. Male pronouns please!
Bats are precious.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue May 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Civil Rights is NOT a category. I know i have told you at least twice before, in other threads you have started. I have linked the relevant topic showing what the categories are for you to read previously.

Go to the guidelines stickie. It has the categories. You Do Not get to make up your own. Until you get that through your head, I am going to dismiss any draft you put up as irrelevant and illegal.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly