NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] World Assembly Charter

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:24 am

Frustrated Franciscans wrote:(a repeal is an anti-resolution which is of lesser strength than a resolution, if I remember correctly).

OOC: half-strength is what I've been lead to believe.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Railana
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Railana » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:35 am

((OOC: Just bumping this for further consideration.))
Last edited by Railana on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominion of Railana
Also known as Auralia

"Lex naturalis voluntas Dei est."

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Railana wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Could we please dispense with the cliché of using the 'We the [x] of [x], in order to [goals]' phrase lifted from the American constitution? It seems everything uses it, because it sounds all officially or something. Can we at least paraphrase something more obscure to avoid this, in my opinion, overused cliché (that's an overused overused trope, if you substitute the definition of cliché).

I'm afraid I can't really think of a better way to put it. Do you have any suggestions?

Ages later:

For the express purpose for the maintenance of international peace and security, the encouragement of cooperation between states, and the promotion of a stable framework for international relations, the nations of the World Assembly hereby promulgate this Charter.

Also, I feel that any charter which is written MUST be written in such a fashion to avoid practically any leeway for interpretation.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Why the hell would you bump this? You could have just let in sink, as it should do.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Previous

Return to General Assembly