NATION

PASSWORD

WA removal

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Those who Worship Lionel Messi
Civilian

Founded: Oct 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

WA removal

Postby Those who Worship Lionel Messi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 am

I was removed from the WA because my brother has a WA member on the same computer, I would like to appeal this as I was not cheating. I lost 7 endorsements by this happening and was wondering whether i could be re-inducted into the WA.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:57 am

Those who Worship Lionel Messi wrote:I was removed from the WA because my brother has a WA member on the same computer, I would like to appeal this as I was not cheating. I lost 7 endorsements by this happening and was wondering whether i could be re-inducted into the WA.

its common sense really not to have two nations with the same email account in the WA, it goes against the rules. I'm sure its there when you apply for the WA...
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:01 am

Last edited by Ainocra on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am

This belongs in /moderation/

and this little tidbit was snatched straight from the FAQ (which I found in mere minutes, it always helps to look at the rules so that you may find ways to appeal them or see if there is no appeal after all)

I only have one WA nation but my brother has one and he sometimes uses this computer.

Unfortunately that's asking for trouble. We try to identify WA cheats accurately, but we have no way of telling exactly whose fingers are touching the keyboard at any given time. So unfortunately if you don't want to run the risk of being ejected from the WA (or worse), you shouldn't let anyone else operate WA nations from your computer, either.

Sharing a network or IP address is usually fine. The game does not rely on any single method of identifying WA cheats, but combines data from four methods to calculate the likelihood that multiple WA nations are operated by the same person.
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

Noahmerica
Envoy

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Noahmerica » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 am

I feel your pain, my friend and I were WA and used our accounts in school and got banned. Presumably because we were on the same network. So we both lost WA and can't get it back.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:42 pm

And that, ambassadors and other dignitaries, is why we don't share. Sharing is not caring.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Return to General Assembly