NATION

PASSWORD

[UN-ABORTED] Abortion Rights Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

SchutteGod
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SchutteGod » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:31 am

Normlpeople wrote:"In any case, this will not be needed. It would seem the WA prefers the status quo here."

Yes, yes, we know. The wisdom of the voters cannot be denied when they do something we like. When they do something we don't, it's always "they didn't read past the title!" or "lemmings!"

At any rate, we were asked about clarity and precision in the text, and what exactly this would allow or disallow in member states. While I detest getting too specific in WA proposals, so as to avoid the constant scourge of micromanagement, I think it's safe to assume that the prohibition on "unnecessarily impugn[ing]" abortion rights leaves nations only the option of reasonable restrictions to protect patient safety and the public interest, as opposed to arbitrary restrictions that serve no other purpose than to infringe on the individual's rights. Bans on late-term abortion, or required counseling for patients seeking an abortion, would be entirely legal under this act. Banning abortions for redheads or "all women past the age of consent" or "all women past the first ten minutes of pregnancy" would not. If Reasonable Nation Theory is still a thing, that is.
The Autocratic Freak Show of SchutteGod: Fun FAQs | UN Fairness and Equality Act (author) | WA Charter of Civil Rights (co-author)

Frustrated Franciscans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frustrated Franciscans » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:53 am

Stormwind-City wrote:Fun fact, not all abortions lead to the destruction of the fetus. Many abortions are simply medicinally induced births, or Cesarean Sections, especially in later stages.

Really? And what is the color of the sky in your world pray tell. Perhaps you are confusing the details. One of the most common late term procedures is the direct poisoning of the fetus through a drug known as Digoxin, followed by the slow expansion of the woman's cervix along with Misoprostol (which is not supposed to be used in this manner) to allow the woman to deliver the DEAD BABY.

On the final day of the abortion, the woman is given the drug Oxytocin, which induces or augments contractions and the onset of labor. Women then are placed in a room where they endure the final stage of labor process. When it is determined that the labor has progressed to the point where the baby is about to be delivered, each woman is usually taken into a room with a toilet and told to lean on the nurse and push the baby into the toilet.

Ironically woman have actually DIED as a result of this procedure, carried out by hack butchers who care more for profits than the safety of the patients under their care.
Proud Member of the Tzorsland Puppet Federation

Flamels Stone
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Flamels Stone » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:32 am

This is too much of a sensitive matter. I know I've said this before, but we should just let each nation choose its way.
And hope that nations be sensible,mind their own business and don't look at their neighbors laws just to start an argument.
Last edited by Flamels Stone on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador and Prince Kenneth Flamel.
Representing Flamel's Stone in the WA.
[OOC: My nation is not religious, the symbol on the flag is Flamel's Cross representes the presence of alchemy on my contry's history.]
_[' ]_
(-_Q) I'm not a capilatist, I'm just really posh. Tally ho!

Previous

Return to General Assembly