NATION

PASSWORD

[IDEA]The Protection of human beings in a state of war

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Afro-Euasia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

[IDEA]The Protection of human beings in a state of war

Postby Afro-Euasia » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:19 pm

You can support this as I cant be endorsed,you can copy it,and feel free to respond.
The Protection of human beings in a state of war
This act will protect civilians and solders from harm,keep them safe to return them to their families,and to stop inhumane experimentation on POWs,Civilians,and human beings in general,This law will.
Stop using POWs or civilians as slaves for the war effort.
Stop mass slaughter of civilians or POWs.
A captured solder does not count a military target and the capturer must provide food,water,and medicine if sick.
No government can deport,capture,or enslave civilians for the war effort.
If there is a shortage of food in the nation,the government or its solders can not kill aid workers or destroy aid packages to the prisoners.

Feel free to respond
(Note.This is a idea formed from the geneva conventions,but as no laws of the WA as I seen have addressed this issue,so I made this idea for other people to build apon)
Last edited by Afro-Euasia on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wars:6 Wins:4 Lost:1
Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
DEFCON 1-Nuclear war,DEFCON 2-War(Close to nukie nukie)DEFCON 3-Military moblized,high alert.DEFCON 2-Miltiary read in 7min.DEFCON 1-Peace

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:30 pm

A nation can't harm a human but can d what they want with another intelligent species?
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:07 pm

OOC: please read through the list of Passed Resolutions at the top of the page. Most of this has been covered already.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Afro-Euasia wrote:You can support this as I cant be endorsed,you can copy it,and feel free to respond.
This act will protect civilians and solders from harm,keep them safe to return them to their families,and to stop inhumane experimentation on POWs,Civilians,and human beings in general,This law will.
A captured solder does not count a military target and the capturer must provide food,water,and medicine if sick.
If there is a shortage of food in the nation,the government or its solders can not kill aid workers or destroy aid packages to the prisoners.

Feel free to respond

Also, don't plagiarize Wikipedia.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Afro-Euasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Afro-Euasia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Afro-Euasia wrote:You can support this as I cant be endorsed,you can copy it,and feel free to respond.

Feel free to respond

How do you know that I actually copy and paste it other then writing it,I took this with the geneva conventions to write this post.
Last edited by Afro-Euasia on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
DEFCON 1-Nuclear war,DEFCON 2-War(Close to nukie nukie)DEFCON 3-Military moblized,high alert.DEFCON 2-Miltiary read in 7min.DEFCON 1-Peace

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Afro-Euasia wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

How do you know that I actually copy and paste it other then writing it,I took this with the geneva conventions to write this post.

OOC: So then you plagiarized the third Geneva Convention? Same shit, different pile.... Just because you change the wording a little bit, does not mean it still is not plagiarism.
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Afro-Euasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Afro-Euasia » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Afro-Euasia wrote:How do you know that I actually copy and paste it other then writing it,I took this with the geneva conventions to write this post.

OOC: So then you plagiarized the third Geneva Convention? Same shit, different pile.... Just because you change the wording a little bit, does not mean it still is not plagiarism.

Well credit just has been given,so go back to your rathole.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Afro-Euasia wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

OOC: you should rethink your hostility. Giving credit doesn't change the fact that you plagiarized. Work copied, with or without credit, is removed as illegal when submitted to the GA. Maybe try listening to those with more experience then you instead of lashing out?

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:Work copied, with or without credit, is removed as illegal when submitted to the GA.

Oh, is it?

Anyway, I would be immensely surprised if this were counted as plagiarism: as far as I can see, it's been completely rewritten, albeit fairly badly.

On the topic of the proposal, I would suggest concentrating on just one war crime (that hasn't already been covered by the WA): taking on too much is going to be very complicated.
Last edited by The Dark Star Republic on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Afro-Euasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Afro-Euasia » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Afro-Euasia wrote:Well credit just has been given,so go back to your rathole.

OOC: you should rethink your hostility. Giving credit doesn't change the fact that you plagiarized. Work copied, with or without credit, is removed as illegal when submitted to the GA. Maybe try listening to those with more experience then you instead of lashing out?

At the best on intentions,I used one idea and put it in the GA,as you viewed it,I plagiarized it,if you look at anything people wrote,some of them have the best on intentions,you just have refused to hear them and call out plagiarism.
Last edited by Afro-Euasia on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Afro-Euasia wrote:At the best on intentions,I used one idea and put it in the GA,as you viewed it,I plagiarized it,if you look at anything people wrote,some of them have the best on intentions,you just have refused to hear them and call out plagiarism.

OOC: intentions are irrelevant. Plagiarism is illegal for proposals, and if it isn't legal, there's no point in debating it, intentions or no. Now, DSR may likely be right, seeing at how badly it's been rewritten, but since you openly admitted it, and the mods can be somewhat zealous as of late, I don't feel it makes much difference.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Afro-Euasia wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Knock off the flaming.

Also, word to the wise, while looking to real world international law for ideas is acceptable, plagiarism where it becomes obvious you C&P'd something usually results in your nation being removed from the WA, not just the proposal.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Afro-Euasia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Afro-Euasia » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:16 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Afro-Euasia wrote:Well credit just has been given,so go back to your rathole.

Knock off the flaming.

Also, word to the wise, while looking to real world international law for ideas is acceptable, plagiarism where it becomes obvious you C&P'd something usually results in your nation being removed from the WA, not just the proposal.

Ok,and this was not a proposal,just an idea for people to copy and paste.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly