NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Legal Status of WA citizens

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Palaiologos II
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Palaiologos II » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:48 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Are you telling us that this unfortunate person must now be prosecuted by their own government for something which is not even a crime by their laws?

Their government obviously wouldn't have to prosecute them for that. I'll put that into future drafts.
Chancellor Dionysios, diplomatic advisor of Basileus Ionnes XXI, and his secretary, Barbara.

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:18 pm

OOC: A formatting tip for you. Put old drafts behind spoiler tags. This hides them nicely, eliminates confusion, and keeps them available should you or someone else wish to read them.

IC: "This needs some work. As this is currently written, this not only applies WA law in non WA nations (regardless of the fact they are tried at home, which is a WA nation), it also holds individual nations accountable for enforcing the law of other nations on our own soil, laws that we may feel to be totally unacceptable. Our citizens are our own, they are not WA citizens. I am afraid I cannot support any legislation that changes this definition in any way. Loyalty is to the Princess and The Homeland first, not to the WA, and anything that would seek to confuse this is unacceptable to me"
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Previous

Return to General Assembly