NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] General Vaccination Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:32 pm

Defwa wrote:
Araraukar wrote:I'd liken vaccine more to the car insurance - if something bad happens (you get exposed to the virus/bacteria), you're insured against the damages (your immune system kills the micro-organism).

Really? Because I'd liken car insurance more to health insurance...

You're the one that started with comparing vaccines to anything car-related. :P Also, not going to answer more on this threadjack, so we don't get bobbed on the noggin by the mods.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Societatis Frigidus wrote:
IC: Vaccination is not about personal choice or personal freedom only - it is also about responsibility to those whose lives depend on herd immunity. It is about responsibility to those who are sick and unable to shield themselves.

"Which is the core of any resistance you get, ambassador. While a professional statesman's position, like ours, will allow us to see a little reason on the matter, too many nations here seem to appoint some bloke off the street to represent them here.

"However, I would like to point out that an outbreak that remains contained within the borders of a nation is not the jurisdiction of the World Assembly. If you are worried about international epidemics, a different approach may be necessary. If you are worried about, say, an outbreak of Levodian flu in three of the provinces of the C.D.S.P., I'd kindly ask you to butt out. National health is a national concern. I'd suggest including language that allows this to focus solely on diseases with significant international threats. The current broad language does no such thing."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Which is the core of any resistance you get, ambassador. While a professional statesman's position, like ours, will allow us to see a little reason on the matter, too many nations here seem to appoint some bloke off the street to represent them here."

"Oh come on Ambassador, you know some nations have a struggling economy, and how else are you willingly going to get someone to enter this snakepit?"
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Normlpeople wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"Which is the core of any resistance you get, ambassador. While a professional statesman's position, like ours, will allow us to see a little reason on the matter, too many nations here seem to appoint some bloke off the street to represent them here."

"Oh come on Ambassador, you know some nations have a struggling economy, and how else are you willingly going to get someone to enter this snakepit?"

"On threat of general court martial, like I was. And then promptly forgotten about."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Normlpeople wrote:"Oh come on Ambassador, you know some nations have a struggling economy, and how else are you willingly going to get someone to enter this snakepit?"

"On threat of general court martial, like I was. And then promptly forgotten about."

"'It will be a great opportunity for you', they said. 'Looks good on your resume', they said," Janis muttered hostilely. "They failed to say I'd be stuck here for years with no alcohol allowed!"
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"On threat of general court martial, like I was. And then promptly forgotten about."

"'It will be a great opportunity for you', they said. 'Looks good on your resume', they said," Janis muttered hostilely. "They failed to say I'd be stuck here for years with no alcohol allowed!"

Digging through his unusually voluminous briefcase, Bell withdraws a half-full and bottle of clear liquid. Cracking the top, he takes a sip, coughs vigorously, peels off a piece of tape with the fading words "PAINT THINNER" on it, and offers Janis the bottle.

"Vaccinate yourself from inanity!"

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:Digging through his unusually voluminous briefcase, Bell withdraws a half-full and bottle of clear liquid. Cracking the top, he takes a sip, coughs vigorously, peels off a piece of tape with the fading words "PAINT THINNER" on it, and offers Janis the bottle.

"Ehh, no thanks. They're doing tests to ensure I don't sneak around their rules, now. Not-that-my-recent-absence-has-anything-to-do-with-that," she added quickly under her breath.

OOC: That's my IC explanation for the RL-dictated absences. Though I'll try to get online in the weekends now.

Societatis Frigidus
Attaché

Founded: Oct 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Societatis Frigidus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:11 am

The entire point of this proposal is not to infringe on national sovereignty, but to guarantee individual rights. Claiming that the matter of mandatory vaccination is of "national sovereignty" is tantamount to saying that civil liberties like the right to free speech, the right to a fair trial or any other piece of legislation is "national sovereignty" as well.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:02 am

Societatis Frigidus wrote:The entire point of this proposal is not to infringe on national sovereignty, but to guarantee individual rights. Claiming that the matter of mandatory vaccination is of "national sovereignty" is tantamount to saying that civil liberties like the right to free speech, the right to a fair trial or any other piece of legislation is "national sovereignty" as well.

I think you're missing the point of what a GA resolution is meant to do. The WA dictates what nations must do, not what people must do. So at the most you could make nations offer free vaccinations for everyone, but you couldn't force people to take them without overstepping the WA's reach and also infringing your precious individual rights.

And to make nations offer free vaccinations, you'd have to convince them to provide even that much free healthcare to their citizens, something that not all nations want to do, for whatever selfish reasons. Not all nations here truly are rational.

Societatis Frigidus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Societatis Frigidus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:29 am

Araraukar wrote:I think you're missing the point of what a GA resolution is meant to do. The WA dictates what nations must do, not what people must do. So at the most you could make nations offer free vaccinations for everyone, but you couldn't force people to take them without overstepping the WA's reach and also infringing your precious individual rights.

Potayto, Potahtoh.
This resolution os forcing the nation to bless its people with mandatory vaccinations.
Not to mention that many resolutions put a ban on state and non-state entities (e.g. ban on slavery and trafficing, etc.)

And to make nations offer free vaccinations, you'd have to convince them to provide even that much free healthcare to their citizens, something that not all nations want to do, for whatever selfish reasons. Not all nations here truly are rational.

The costs will be covered by the World Health Authority and you don't need extensive healthcare to guarantee the safety of the immunocompromised.

I will soon be submitting this proposal and hope for your support, gentlemen.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 am

Societatis Frigidus wrote:This resolution os forcing the nation to bless its people with mandatory vaccinations.

...I don't think you actually read what you wrote.

Societatis Frigidus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Societatis Frigidus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:16 am

Araraukar wrote:
Societatis Frigidus wrote:This resolution os forcing the nation to bless its people with mandatory vaccinations.

...I don't think you actually read what you wrote.

Only someone who wants to see AIDS sufferers and cancer patients dead would not consider that a blessing.

Societatis Frigidus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Societatis Frigidus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:17 am

The question still remains: what category and what subcategory?

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:22 am

Araraukar wrote:...I don't think you actually read what you wrote.

Only someone who wants to see AIDS sufferers and cancer patients dead would not consider that a blessing.

You really can't see a problem with anything MANDATORY and individuals RIGHT TO CHOOSE whether to be vaccinated?

And wtf have HIV and cancer got to do with vaccinations? Hell, you can't give some vaccinations to immunocompromised people without endangering their health.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:34 am

Araraukar wrote:
Societatis Frigidus wrote:Only someone who wants to see AIDS sufferers and cancer patients dead would not consider that a blessing.

You really can't see a problem with anything MANDATORY and individuals RIGHT TO CHOOSE whether to be vaccinated?

And wtf have HIV and cancer got to do with vaccinations? Hell, you can't give some vaccinations to immunocompromised people without endangering their health.

"It seems the author has reached the end of his familiarity with medical science. You cannot vaccinate against cancer or AIDS, as neither are viral infections."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:07 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"It seems the author has reached the end of his familiarity with medical science. You cannot vaccinate against cancer or AIDS, as neither are viral infections."

I think he meant giving vaccinations to immunocompromised people, and threw up AIDS and cancer to make an emotional appeal.

Societatis Frigidus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Societatis Frigidus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:13 am

Araraukar wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"It seems the author has reached the end of his familiarity with medical science. You cannot vaccinate against cancer or AIDS, as neither are viral infections."

I think he meant giving vaccinations to immunocompromised people, and threw up AIDS and cancer to make an emotional appeal.

Exactly.
It seems to me that the libertarians don't care much for humanity, all they care about is their own personal convenience. This sickens me.

I will be submitting this request in hopes that the rest of the World Assembly values human life as much as our nation does!

OOC: What category would I place this in? Health Care?

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:17 am

Reposting this as you seem to have missed it.
Araraukar wrote:You really can't see a problem with anything MANDATORY and individuals RIGHT TO CHOOSE whether to be vaccinated?

Do you honestly not know what "mandatory" means? It means that if vaccines are made mandatory, the individual cannot decide NOT to have them. You keep saying this is about individual rights, but mandatory takes those rights away!

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:22 am

Societatis Frigidus wrote:OOC: What category would I place this in? Health Care?

Gambling
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:32 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Societatis Frigidus wrote:OOC: What category would I place this in? Health Care?

Gambling

Or International Security. :roll:

Societatis Frigidus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Societatis Frigidus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:39 am

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:13 am

OOC: You do realize that image spam is frowned at on the forums, right?

Societatis Frigidus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Societatis Frigidus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:15 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: You do realize that image spam is frowned at on the forums, right?

OOC: No, to be honest, I didn't know that. :blink: After all, you two made mocking one-word posts?

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:22 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: You do realize that image spam is frowned at on the forums, right?

OOC: No, to be honest, I didn't know that.

May I direct you to One Stop Rules Shop? It's all there.

And our replies were ones mentioning proposal categories, since you'd asked for them. :P
Last edited by Araraukar on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cardoness
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cardoness » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:51 am

We must oppose this at this time.

OCC:It may have been image spam, but that was the funniest fracking picture I have seen in a while.
Speaker Andreas, Ambassador to the World Assembly, Founder of the United League of Nations.
Frustrated Franciscans wrote:We are firmly against the godless, utopian, progressive overreach that a small number of nations in the World Assembly want to impose upon the multiverse...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly