NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Sexual Education Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:11 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:As such the Inperial Police have issued an arrest warrant in the name of Alexandra ? of Eireann Fae for attempted murder. As you are a member nation, The Federation is seeking immediate extradition of said person named in the warrant....

Come, come, sir. To make that stick, you'd have to convince a judge or jury that nobody can (or that Ms. ? was too blind or stupid to) see the big fat sign on the chamber entry door saying USE OF WEAPONS PROHIBITED; ENFORCEMENT BY AUTOMATION, and thus actually thought she had a shot at you. This is totally absurd, Mr. Ambassador; I'd suggest you call up your foreign ministry and have them cancel the extradition request before a lot of people start to look very, very foolish.

Uh, stenographer please note for the record weapons nullifier activated against manually-propelled hand-to-hand weapon launched by Fae delegation; United Federation of Canada ambassador's reaction way out of proportion to offense; therefore S.L. delegation sees no reason to even issue standard decorum censure against Eireann Fae. Move to close discussion on this matter and return to comments on resolution at hand.

Can we please calm down now? Everyone?

We never expected extradition. I was only completing our due diligence as required under the Imperial Code of advising the accused that a warrant has been issued in their name. Should said individual enter Federation territory, our border services will be obliged to execute the warrant....

Warmest regards,

Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Come, come, sir. To make that stick, you'd have to convince a judge or jury that nobody can (or that Ms. ? was too blind or stupid to) see the big fat sign on the chamber entry door saying USE OF WEAPONS PROHIBITED; ENFORCEMENT BY AUTOMATION, and thus actually thought she had a shot at you. This is totally absurd, Mr. Ambassador; I'd suggest you call up your foreign ministry and have them cancel the extradition request before a lot of people start to look very, very foolish.

Uh, stenographer please note for the record weapons nullifier activated against manually-propelled hand-to-hand weapon launched by Fae delegation; United Federation of Canada ambassador's reaction way out of proportion to offense; therefore S.L. delegation sees no reason to even issue standard decorum censure against Eireann Fae. Move to close discussion on this matter and return to comments on resolution at hand.

Can we please calm down now? Everyone?

We never expected extradition. I was only completing our due diligence as required under the Imperial Code of advising the accused that a warrant has been issued in their name. Should said individual enter Federation territory, our border services will be obliged to execute the warrant....

Warmest regards,

Given that Alexandra clearly did not commit the crime you claim, we are taking the extraordinary action of barring you from visiting Linux and the X for your filing of a false police report resulting in harm. We are also barring all members of your government from visitation until such time as we receive confirmation that your report and the associated warrant have been discarded without action against Alexandra. (Obviously, visits solely for official purposes will still be permitted.)
Last edited by Linux and the X on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:44 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Eireann Fae wrote:Having expected the Canadian ambassador to chime in, Alexandra launches a throwing knife at Chester Pearson. She and Rowan share a laugh as the weapons nullifier turns it into a deflating balloon, whizzing around for a bit before landing harmlessly on Pearson's head.

You do of course realize that The Federation does not recognize diplomatic immunity for childish stunts committed on WA property correct? As such the Inperial Police have issued an arrest warrant in the name of Alexandra ? of Eireann Fae for attempted murder. As you are a member nation, The Federation is seeking immediate extradition of said person named in the warrant....

Warmest regards,

Joshua sits straight up in his chair.
"Well then! That escalated quickly!"
Claire is slowly sipping from a pint of beer she bought from the stranger's bar. She recommends Ambassador Pearson "Calm the *EXPLETIVE DELETED* down."
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:04 pm

Linux and the X wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Warmest regards,

([url=http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/Unitedfederationofcanada/image_zps3414506d.jpg]Image)[/url]

Given that Alexandra clearly did not commit the crime you claim, we are taking the extraordinary action of barring you from visiting Linux and the X for your filing of a false police report resulting in harm. We are also barring all members of your government from visitation until such time as we receive confirmation that your report and the associated warrant have been discarded without action against Alexandra. (Obviously, visits solely for official purposes will still be permitted.)

Were not going to get into a pissing contest of international sanctions with you here. The Federation has taken no official action against the Eireann Fae government, nor do we expect Ambassador Alexandra to visit Federation territory, with the exception of our embassy which falls under WA jurisdiction. Our government has simply advised a suspect that a warrant has been issued. She has not been convicted of any crime as it stands, and is entitled to a fair and impartial hearing before an Imperial court. We would kindly ask you to revise your position on this matter, before this escalates far beyond where it needs to go....

Warmest regards,

Last edited by Chester Pearson on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:We would kindly ask you to revise your position on this matter

No. And we would kindly ask you to fuck the fuck off.

Thanks,
Her Lordship Dr Winifred Sheppard
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Linux and the X wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:We would kindly ask you to revise your position on this matter

No. And we would kindly ask you to fuck the fuck off.

Thanks,
Her Lordship Dr Winifred Sheppard

It seems we are at an impasse then....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:44 pm

Clover clears her throat "As interesting as this international incident is shaping up to be, can the delegates involved please discuss said incident in the correct chamber? I believe this debate is regarding the draft resolution....."
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:55 am

Epiſkœ addresses Chester Pearson directly; a rare occurrence to be sure, but the accusation made against her staff should, in her opinion, be handled in a direct, official manner. "Fe'rœſ Höſ'|a, œʃ'pilʃinin þüzœſœn-Alekſandraſö œfœ'œöpanilnü. Wepinſ Nülifür fœ'melböʒü iha, kön rüʃin afe'mönlü fœ'melnü. Œfœhawilzœʒü-Arenfœ'|a, kü-afeſö œfœ'þelʃinil, bakœſö 'a' kön 'b' GAR köradſe 147, 'Ekstradiʃin Ratſ', eʃjabü win."

Alex folds her arms across her chest and flashes a cocky smile at the Canadian ambassador. "'That means 'no'."

Rowan also smiles, but offers a more helpful interpretation. "Epiſkœ's species sees spiritual aura like you or I see skin and clothes. Where we generally have to rely on spoken words and body language to ascertain one's intentions, a Spirit Faerie can see your very heart - they often know what you are feeling before you know it yourself. Epiſkœ knows that Alexandra meant you no harm, and is using her position as Emissary of Eireann Fae - a position that ranks third in our government's chain of power, by the way - to deny your nation's request of extradition. She cites GAR#147, wherein it states that extradition may be denied if you cannot prove a crime was committed - again, the charge of 'attempted murder' is fallacious, given Alexandra's intent - and wherein the alleged crime does not exist in the nation from which you are seeking extradition. Playing with weapons nullifiers is not a crime in Eireann Fae. I will also add that the United Federation of Canada and Eireann Fae share no extradition treaty, and so we are not required to comply on those grounds, either."

"But in the interest of protecting everybody named 'Alexandra' that may visit your nation for whatever reason," Alex chimes in, "my family's name was Erastís. I don't use it anymore, but like I said, no reason for your cops to go harassing innocent women."

Rowan cocks her head in bewilderment at the accusations made by the delegate from Lemonacia. She quickly scans the draft, hoping to find the offences of which her own delegation have been accused. She sees nothing in the text of the draft, but nods in understanding as she glances at the header. The girl returns her attention to the ambassador and responds, "You seem to be confused, Ambassador. Here, where it says 'proposed by'," she says, pointing at the header, "is simply to let people know who the proposing nation will be. Some nations use proxies to submit their legislation - this item is merely here to show that Eireann Fae will indeed be the submitting nation. Further, this item," she continues, indicating the 'Area of Effect', "is the 'strength' you speak of. The category of 'Education and Creativity' does not have a 'strength' like most other proposals - only an indication of whether the proposal is regarding the arts, education, cultural heritage, or freedom of the press. Our proposed area of effect is, as indicated, education. The actual text of the proposal starts after the word 'Description'."

"However, we are sorry that you do not deem this topic worthy of international legislation. We disagree, and will continue in our efforts to see as many people educated and informed on this subject as possible. Thank you for at least appreciating the concept." The young teen smiles warmly at Ambassador Clover. "We concur."

Transliteration: As a Spirit Faerie, I could see that there was no malicious intent in Alexandra's actions. She is well aware of the Weapons Nullifier, and knew no harm would come to you. As the Emissary of Eireann Fae, I hereby deny your request of extradition, in compliance with subclauses 'a' and 'b' of GAR#147, Extradition Rights.

Cardoness
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cardoness » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:03 am

We support this proposal. I cannot find anything to nitpick about at this time and feel that it is very reasonable and well put together.

Furthermore, if Ambassador Pearson thinks that such a minor thing as having a knife tossed at him is bad, he clearly hasn't been here long enough.
Speaker Andreas, Ambassador to the World Assembly, Founder of the United League of Nations.
Frustrated Franciscans wrote:We are firmly against the godless, utopian, progressive overreach that a small number of nations in the World Assembly want to impose upon the multiverse...

Friday Freshman
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Friday Freshman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:18 am

"Woh! Are we starting another one of these." Pulls out machine gun from under desk and chuckles.
Signed,

King Arthur Dayne I

King of the Eight Kingdoms of Friday Freshman

Lemonacia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemonacia » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:18 am

Eireann Fae wrote:Rowan cocks her head in bewilderment at the accusations made by the delegate from Lemonacia. She quickly scans the draft, hoping to find the offences of which her own delegation have been accused. She sees nothing in the text of the draft, but nods in understanding as she glances at the header. The girl returns her attention to the ambassador and responds, "You seem to be confused, Ambassador. Here, where it says 'proposed by'," she says, pointing at the header, "is simply to let people know who the proposing nation will be. Some nations use proxies to submit their legislation - this item is merely here to show that Eireann Fae will indeed be the submitting nation. Further, this item," she continues, indicating the 'Area of Effect', "is the 'strength' you speak of. The category of 'Education and Creativity' does not have a 'strength' like most other proposals - only an indication of whether the proposal is regarding the arts, education, cultural heritage, or freedom of the press. Our proposed area of effect is, as indicated, education. The actual text of the proposal starts after the word 'Description'."

"However, we are sorry that you do not deem this topic worthy of international legislation. We disagree, and will continue in our efforts to see as many people educated and informed on this subject as possible. Thank you for at least appreciating the concept." The young teen smiles warmly at Ambassador Clover. "We concur."

His Most Citrusy licks a thumb and begins to flick through the draft and legislature, nodding.

Apologies for my mistakes. It's been a long day. Thank you for the concise and polite explanation. I will retract my objections and take a neutral stance at this time.

If you can convince me that this is of international importance, I may lend myself to your cause, but for now I still do not see this going anywhere fast.
Ambassador Graham Wakefield.
Representitive of the peaceful republic of Lemonacia.

Cardoness
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cardoness » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:38 am

Friday Freshman wrote:"Woh! Are we starting another one of these." Pulls out machine gun from under desk and chuckles.

Lord Andreas cocks a half smile while simultaneously cocking the hammer of a revolver hidden under his desk. Before drawing it his eyes shifted to the Fae delegation.

I would be happy to join you in starting the next great pie war, but out of respect to our host I suggest we do it in the debate chamber of some mind numbingly stupid proposal.
Speaker Andreas, Ambassador to the World Assembly, Founder of the United League of Nations.
Frustrated Franciscans wrote:We are firmly against the godless, utopian, progressive overreach that a small number of nations in the World Assembly want to impose upon the multiverse...

Applebania
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Claire stands up and slams her hands on the desk.
"All of you, calm down or I'll defenestrate the lot of you!"
AKA Karlsefni

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Cardoness wrote:
Friday Freshman wrote:"Woh! Are we starting another one of these." Pulls out machine gun from under desk and chuckles.

Lord Andreas cocks a half smile while simultaneously cocking the hammer of a revolver hidden under his desk. Before drawing it his eyes shifted to the Fae delegation.

I would be happy to join you in starting the next great pie war, but out of respect to our host I suggest we do it in the debate chamber of some mind numbingly stupid proposal.

I would think that you would know that this building is protected by the ACME Weapon Nullifiers.

Zakath rolled his eyes at the Ambassadors brandishing harmless "weapons" and turned his attention to the proposal.

MANDATES that Member Nations shall not prevent local units, such as families and communities, from implementing their own sexual education initiatives, so long as such initiatives comply with international law,

INSTRUCTS Member Nations to implement the curriculum created by GIBE to educate their populace before they sexually mature, OR

ALLOWS Member Nations to create their own curriculum, so long as it meets standards set by GIBE, to educate their populace before they sexually mature.

In what way does that first clause I have quoted interact with the following two? I can't restrict local school systems from implementing education systems which contradict the GIBE standards, yet I must also implement those standards? The local unit would not be a function of the state necessarily and thus isn't bound by international law on the subject. Why not simply replace the international law bit with "GIBE standards"?

OOC: No one is going to take you seriously if you brandish weapons around in here, the RP has developed to exclude the possibility of a gunfight breaking out. Defenestrating is about as close as its going to get.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Cardoness
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cardoness » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:13 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Cardoness wrote:Lord Andreas cocks a half smile while simultaneously cocking the hammer of a revolver hidden under his desk. Before drawing it his eyes shifted to the Fae delegation.

I would think that you would know that this building is protected by the ACME Weapon Nullifiers.

Zakath rolled his eyes at the Ambassadors brandishing harmless "weapons" and turned his attention to the proposal.

OOC: No one is going to take you seriously if you brandish weapons around in here, the RP has developed to exclude the possibility of a gunfight breaking out. Defenestrating is about as close as its going to get.

OCC: I am aware. That is what makes the fights so fun. They get crazy and out of control as bullets and knifes turn into pies and lollipops. These chambers have seen much worse. And I never rule out a good defenestration.

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:30 am

Tung stands up and instead of a hatch he now has a match perched upon his podium. Oh dear, what we he going to do now?

"This forces my Government to be involved in education. Draica's Government stays out of it. Stop trying to force a liberal, secularist agenda on my country. We deserve to run our educational systems how we like, now how GIBE says it. We believes one-hundred percent in choice education, and that parents who chose to home school their children aren't forced to teach them about this stuff handed out by GIBE, and can infact teach them themselves. Now, I want to burn up a copy I got of this proposal to read, but that wouldn't fix anything. Just vote no, people."
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Eireann Fae
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:14 am

(OOC: I was just poking a bit of fun at Chester, in the beginning. I didn't expect things to get so off-track :x )

Rowan tries hard to ignore the irrelevant goings-on in the chamber and gratefully turns her attention to Zakath of Mallorea. "They very idea of that clause, Ambassador, is to allow families or local communities - such as the churches aforementioned - to offer their own advice and instruction on the subject. While our goal is to make everyone aware of the facts of matters of sexual activity, it is not our intention to directly intrude on the values of individual families. If this proposal should pass, Member Nations would be required to educate their populations using the facts as determined by GIBE to ensure that people the world over have full comprehension of what is involved in having sex."

"We will not, however, stop families from offering their young a different point of view; it is simply not our place to tell a Father, for instance, that he is not allowed to tell his Daughter that she ought not copulate before marriage, and that after she marries, the act should only be performed for purposes of procreation. Her nation will give her the facts, but we do wish to allow her family to guide her moral path as they will. That is, of course, so long as such a path is in full compliance of other international law. We do not want that same Father telling his Daughter that it is okay to, say, kidnap people and sexually torture them in the basement."

"Against their will."

Rowan smiles and shakes her head at Alex's contribution, but then sighs in exasperation before addressing Ambassador Tung. "May I remind the ambassador that your nation, as a standing member of this World Assembly, is already required to offer its citizens a basic education? The existence of GAR#80, A Promotion of Basic Education, already demands that your government ensure its citizens' abilities to read and write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and be cognizant of the workings of government and the environment, amongst other things. We simply seek to add another subject to the list of lessons already mandated by this august body."

Applebania
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:30 am

"Claire, back on topic."
"Right then. We're in support. I, personally, strongly believe in educating people about sex. Really liked the old acronym, though!"
"Cl- Yeah, I liked it as well."
AKA Karlsefni

Lemonacia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemonacia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:46 am

Graham stares at the room, now sadly quiet, and mumbles under his breath...

Fight... fight... fight... fight...
Ambassador Graham Wakefield.
Representitive of the peaceful republic of Lemonacia.

Cardoness
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cardoness » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:18 am

Eireann Fae wrote:
INSTRUCTS Member Nations to implement the curriculum created by GIBE to educate their populace before they sexually mature, OR

ALLOWS Member Nations to create their own curriculum, so long as it meets standards set by GIBE, to educate their populace before they sexually mature.

While we are still in support of this proposal, a question did occur to me. What about those few cases in which a child sexually matures before the average of their species? For example, there are some medical conditions which cause a young person to hit puberty well before they should have. Then there are also those cases in which a person matures physically though not mentally, causing the dissemination of such information to be incomprehensible, or worse, disturbing and mentally damaging. Which, as I stand here before you saying this, brings to my mind one other tricky situation, that is cases of sexual abuse of young persons in which information of this nature presented in a way not specifically tailored to their situation may be damaging. I feel that something should be added to prevent mentally or psychologically damaging those who do not fit the cookie cutter mold of "normal" beings. Your thoughts?

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:52 am

Tung scoffs, picking up his match, he really wanted to use it right now.

"And does the idiot who's speaking in favor of this idiot legislation not know that just because the Government doesn't control the Educational system doesn't mean we don't provide education for our people. Only 1% of people drop out in Draican high schools. Shut your nonsense up."
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Wars:

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Ardchoille
Retired Moderator

Founded: Apr 18, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ardchoille » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Ambassador Tung, a more diplomatic choice of epithet, perhaps? Many nations actually choose their ambassadors rigorously. "Idiot" is uncalled for even when you feel "idiotic" applies to their ideas.

-- Dicey Reilly, chairing this session while worrying about the economy after yesterday's excesses.
Ideological Bulwark #35
The more scandalous charges were suppressed; the vicar of Christ was accused only of piracy, rape, sodomy, murder and incest. -- Edward Gibbon on the schismatic Pope John XXIII (1410–1415).

Eireann Fae
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Grateful for the on-topic inquiry, Rowan smiles as she addresses Lord Andreas. "Ambassador, where the text reads '...before they sexually mature...', it is meant to be interpreted on a case-by-case basis. We are not asking that every citizen be so instructed as soon as they reach a certain chronological age, nor mandating the instruction before a certain age. Every body is different, and everyone should receive this information at a time suitable to each particular individual."

"However, we are cognisant of your concerns regarding those who may by physically matured, yet still bear an immature mind. We are open to altering the phrasing of the text to reflect such a conundrum, but are wary of language restricting such instruction to where people are simply 'mentally sexually mature', on the grounds that a loophole may be devised where the government simply decides that no one under a certain age - or, indeed, no one at all - is ever mentally sexually mature." She takes up a pen and jots a quick note in her flowing script and displays the text for all to see:

INSTRUCTS Member Nations to implement the curriculum created by GIBE to educate those members of their populace before they sexually mature so long as they may be deemed cognisant of their species' sexuality, OR

ALLOWS Member Nations to create their own curriculum, so long as it meets standards set by GIBE and is implemented in the same time frame.

"The wording could use some work - particularly in the second phrase - but would something in this vein help to alleviate your concerns? Again, we are concerned about the loophole such wording may invoke, and appreciate suggestions from all delegates towards making sure our proposal remains solid." Ignoring Ambassador Tung's inane rantings, the girl offers her warm smile to Lady Dicey in appreciation for keeping order in the chamber.

Eireann Fae
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 pm

(OOC: *Cough*)

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:20 am

Tung rises to the podium once more

"First, let me start off by saying we're all different. We are all different in this melting pot called the World Assembly. Some of us are liberal, some conservative, some a mix, some authoritarian , some communists some socialists and so forth. Many culture based, conservative countries would not be in favor of this bill because it could:

1. Go against the laws they already have in place.

2. In Draica's case, get the Government involved in Education.

3. Offend their moral values.

What works in Eireann Fae may not work in Draica. What works on a frozen planet may not work on a planet full of Elves and other creatures covered by lush forests. The World Assembly should know and understand this. If the Government of Eireann Fae wishes to enact this system upon their children or adolescents, no one is stopping them. What I do not understand is why they want to enact this on all of us. This has no international precedent neither does it affect anything internationally. This is a national issue. The World Assembly should not be legislating things like Abortion, Healthcare, and Sexual education.

These chambers have authority and power, let's use that authority and power to push forth an agenda on International issues and not petty politics and domestic cases. I rest my case."

Tung sits down.
Wars:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly