NATION

PASSWORD

Eradication of Ponyism

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your government's position on ponies and ponyism?

Ponies are delicious! Pass the mashed potatoes please.
20%
Ponies don't exist, they are a symptom of a virulent disease.
6%
Ponies exist, but they are robots.
1%
Ponies exist, but they are simply small horses. Nothing special about them.
25%
Ponies are demons from hell sent here to enslave mankind.
8%
Ponies are sapient beings and some are capable of magic.
36%
Other (please comment and explain your government's position)
4%

Total votes : 168

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Crystalcliff Point wrote:"So, I assume that you now recognize non-human sapient beings? It would be monstrous to call for any of them to be killed now, wouldn't it?"

I'm not sure it would be monstrous but it would be illegal under WA law. Now don't get me wrong, I still consider Ponies a threat, possibly a threat to the very survival of our civilization. Like communists.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador
The People of Aundotutunagir

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Crystalcliff Point
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crystalcliff Point » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:20 pm

"As for my other question, the one in regards to my status as a robot? Are you willing to retract this assertion?"

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Crystalcliff Point wrote:"As for my other question, the one in regards to my status as a robot? Are you willing to retract this assertion?"

But those Kennyite physicians examined you and determined that you are a robot....
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Crystalcliff Point
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crystalcliff Point » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:24 pm

"There seems to have been a mishap during the examination. It happens to the best of us. I can get a blood sample right now, if it'd help move things alone."

Tecknoko
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tecknoko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:24 pm

All of y'all are just plain weird.... :meh:
Last edited by Tecknoko on Fri Mar 05, 1972 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dh'arconian Kaiserreich of Tecknoko
Mindhar on The Lord of the Rings

Hungramy
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungramy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:27 pm

yum, pony meat, i'm all for this.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Crystalcliff Point wrote:"There seems to have been a mishap during the examination. It happens to the best of us. I can get a blood sample right now, if it'd help move things alone."

I'm more concerned with why I see humans when I look at yourself and other non-human sapients, like Ponies. With the Ponies it makes sense, they are using their magic to cause themselves to appear human to me. But why do you look human? I admit that this is very troubling to me.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Crystalcliff Point
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crystalcliff Point » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 pm

"That is odd. Perhaps it's a space anomaly that will sort itself out in time? After all, it isn't perfect and has to deal with certain distortions. Sometimes it over or under compensates...", muttering almost exclusively to himself.

"With that aside, how tall do I appear to you? I'm supposed to be roughly two-and-a-half feet. Humans use imperial still, right?"

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Crystalcliff Point wrote:"That is odd. Perhaps it's a space anomaly that will sort itself out in time? After all, it isn't perfect and has to deal with certain distortions. Sometimes it over or under compensates...", muttering almost exclusively to himself.

"With that aside, how tall do I appear to you? I'm supposed to be roughly two-and-a-half feet. Humans use imperial still, right?"

Well, you're about two-and-a-half feet tall with dark brown hair, brown eyes and a tan complexion. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a little person of Aundotutunagirian descent, but the accent is wrong.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Crystalcliff Point
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crystalcliff Point » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:53 pm

"My height and weight would make it unlikely that I'm human. You see, our bones are light and hollow. Hmmm. Doctor Toroko prescribes a surgical smack to the head."

He saunters over to General Arororugul and attempts a well aimed blow at the back of his head. Hoping this would prompt an auto-correction.
Last edited by Crystalcliff Point on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Crystalcliff Point wrote:"My height and weight would make it unlikely that I'm human. You see, our bones are light and hollow. Hmmm. Doctor Toroko prescribes a surgical smack to the head."

He saunters over to General Arororugul and attempts a well aimed blow at the back of his head. Hoping this would prompt it to auto-correct.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul goes down like a sack of potatoes. He lays on the floor unconscious for several minutes while a crowd of ambassadors stands around him in a circle, wondering if he is dead. He finally begins to stir. Slowly he sits up, rubbing the back of his head.

What.....

He lays back down for a minute, then sits back up.

Whu...how long was I out? What happened? What are all of you looking at? Have I been assaulted? What are those Ponies doing in here? Am I dead? Did I have a stroke?

He sees the ambassador from Crystalcliff Point, a Mimiga, standing in front of him holding a club of some sort.

A Mimiga? Did you hit me? Why am I being assaulted by Mimigas? And why are there Ponies everywhere? Look! There's a pegasus flying around the ceiling!

General Arororugul rubs the back of his head.

Ooooow. My head hurts! I need my opium pipe.

He crawls over to his chair and laboriously climbs up into it, rubs his head some more, then lights his opium pipe.

Ah, maybe this will summon the Dizyntk. Ponies, Mimiga, what will be next, dragons? I need to return to normalcy.

He takes the pipe in his mouth and inhales deeply....
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Crystalcliff Point
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crystalcliff Point » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:36 pm

"Sorry about that," as he puts away the club, "But it seems to have worked. Might I interest you in a ibuprofen? Between us, I was surprised when we first made contact with these 'talking ponies'. There are strange things, indeed, in this world and much of what we take for granted as true simply are not..."

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Crystalcliff Point wrote:"Sorry about that," as he puts away the club, "But it seems to have worked. Might I interest you in a ibuprofen? Between us, I was surprised when we first made contact with these 'talking ponies'. There are strange things, indeed, in this world and much of what we take for granted as true simply are not..."

Yes, thank you. Maybe that will help. And could you ask Building Management to send over an icepack?
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Crystalcliff Point
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crystalcliff Point » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Toroko tosses a bottle of ibuprofen over, "I'll inform them on the way out. Take care."

Before turning toward the door and leaving.
Last edited by Crystalcliff Point on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaklen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaklen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Peter Zyvex, seeing that all true issues of the debate are over, leaves the chamber, exits the World Assembly building, and boards his private jet to fly back to Zaklen.

"I hope that bagpiper and the reverend have stopped fighting", he thought.
- Peter Zyvex
Supreme Ruler of Zaklen

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:59 am

Ugghs, another troll

Ponyism is a philosophy and then theres ponies themselves a "ponyist state" is one that believes on peace and equality, it is not something can be banned from the WA

banning a philosophy or race from the WA is illegal.

So thus this is one proposal that never had a chance, end of story
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

The Assassins
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassins » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 am

i assure you that our nation will back this with all it's might. and our chemical bombs, of course.

Invisible Wabbits
Secretary

Founded: Aug 03, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Invisible Wabbits » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:45 am

"First they came for the Ponies," murmurs a voice in one corner of the room that had previously seemed empty, "and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Pony.

"Then they came for the Bears,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Bear.

"Then they came for the Dizyntk,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Dizyntk.

"Then they..."

*(sobs)*

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Invisible Wabbits wrote:"First they came for the Ponies," murmurs a voice in one corner of the room that had previously seemed empty, "and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Pony.

"Then they came for the Bears,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Bear.

"Then they came for the Dizyntk,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Dizyntk.

"Then they..."

*(sobs)*

"There there Harvey. No reason to sob....if theres nothing worse that seeing a 6' tall rabbit cry, its hearing an ivisible 6'tall rabbit cry."
Murray the Evil Skull for WA Leader!
In your heart, you know He's right!

Warning: the player posts in Character, and will respond in Character.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

New Yugoslavia (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: Nov 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Yugoslavia (Ancient) » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:51 pm

What a wonderful solution to the pony problem. For.
Roleplay Nations

Factbook
Factbook
Factbook

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:49 pm

"I question the fact basis of that agument. It claims Horses live on antartica, and eat meat there. My first question is... How did they get a Horse to live on a giant ice-covered island? My second question, unrelated to that article, is... Shall we consider this proposal discarded? You've recognized ponies as sapient, even if you do still consider them a threat."
password scrambled

Litho
Attaché

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Litho » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 pm

What the? That's one of the most hyperbolic, ridiculous articles I've read in long time.
The starting point is the utmost importance for everything, so trying to outdo oneself is just about right. - Anonymous

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Litho wrote:

What the? That's one of the most hyperbolic, ridiculous articles I've read in long time.

What? It raises a rather terrifying spectre, if you happen to be human. Ponies are not horses, but they are similar to horses. In fact I think it's safe to speculate that Ponies might be descended from horses. If horses can be man-eating carnivores then it stands to reason that Ponies might have a taste for human flesh as well.

So tell us ambassador, have you stopped eating humans?
Last edited by Hiriaurtung Arororugul on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Condunum wrote:"I question the fact basis of that agument. It claims Horses live on antartica, and eat meat there. My first question is... How did they get a Horse to live on a giant ice-covered island? My second question, unrelated to that article, is... Shall we consider this proposal discarded? You've recognized ponies as sapient, even if you do still consider them a threat."

Yes I think we're about done here.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly