NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic Republic Of Mosrael's proposal to Global Disarmament

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Devons Island
Envoy

Founded: Apr 16, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Devons Island » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:31 am

Islamic Republic of Mosrael wrote:Mate, its been submitted less than an hour ago, and I already have 3 approvals.

Which means precisely nothing. There are a goodly number of delegates who approve everything submitted. The number of approvals has absolutely nothing to do with legality. If a proposal is illegal, it doesn't matter whether it has 1 or 1000 approvals, it gets removed from the list by mods whose job it is to moniter such things.

Zwitterjiund
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zwitterjiund » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 am

no, military hardware is too cool to scrap ^_^

Hungramy
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungramy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:51 am

I think i'm just going to delcear war on Mosreal and turn him into to a Vassal-State, anyone with me?

Dizyntk
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 am

Hungramy wrote:I think i'm just going to delcear war on Mosreal and turn him into to a Vassal-State, anyone with me?

"While his attitude towards weaponry is inviting attacks from all sorts of nations, I do believe that such pronouncements are in poor taste in these chambers, Ambassador."
Dizyntk WA Ambassador Princess Feyalisa Zerleen Profile
What is a Dizyntk you ask? Dizyntk Info
Cyanka is the Dizyntk year and is equal to 18 earth months. Do your own math.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am

While my name has been tagged onto this after giving the honorable ambassador from the Islamic Republic Of Mosrael a very basic outline for a proposal (which he promptly copied and submitted), I do not support this bill in the least.

Hungramy
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungramy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 am

Dizyntk wrote:
Hungramy wrote:I think i'm just going to delcear war on Mosreal and turn him into to a Vassal-State, anyone with me?

"While his attitude towards weaponry is inviting attacks from all sorts of nations, I do believe that such pronouncements are in poor taste in these chambers, Ambassador."

very well...but the empire can't cut it's military budget and if this passes the empire will leave the WA and declear war on the nation of Mosrael

NFA Rulz
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby NFA Rulz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:25 am

Ah, yes...Entitlements to people are causing the governments of Portugal, Ireland and Greece, the PIGS, to grow bankrupt. The riots in Greece are about the Greek Government trying to get its fiscal house in order, and lazy people suddenly finding out they have to work for a living.

Government spending on Arms don't cover anywhere near what is spent on Entitlement Spending.

How The Welfare States Began:

The welfare state starts with small programs targeted at a handful of genuinely needy people.:
http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/wagon-beginning.jpg

But as politicians figure out the electoral benefits of expanding programs and people figure out the that they can let others work on their behalf, the ratio of producers to consumers begins to worsen.
http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/wagon-ending.jpg

And now the PIGS are finding out the trough has only so much food in it. From them came the Occupy Wall Street moochers.

By the way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiPft9Da9c0
No more pies for him! That's why he started crying!
Hint: He doesn't have a job, he lives Completely on Entitlement Programs funded by Tax Payers
Get off my lawn!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Segland wrote:
Islamic Republic of Mosrael wrote:This is the actual thing I submitted, with help from skyrim:

Realizing that the vast armaments of the world are destructive tools of murder and genocide.

A)Noting that:

1)Arms are killing many innocent people in different countries.
2)They encourage violence.
3)Millions of lives have been wasted due to this pervasive armament.

B)Understanding that even partial global disarmament could save lives.

C)Hereby Mandates that:
1)Nations do not seek further weaponization
2)Nations reduce current armament stocks, including 3)conventional and unconventional weaponry (projectile arms, nuclear, biological, chemical and all other forms of weaponry), by 50%

This would therefore establish a safer world for people to live in.

No. This will never get past the mods. Sorry.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything about it that's actually illegal. Is it a dumb idea, yes, but dumb ideas aren't automatically illegal.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:35 pm

NFA Rulz wrote:Ah, yes...Entitlements to people are causing the governments of Portugal, Ireland and Greece, the PIGS, to grow bankrupt. The riots in Greece are about the Greek Government trying to get its fiscal house in order, and lazy people suddenly finding out they have to work for a living.

Government spending on Arms don't cover anywhere near what is spent on Entitlement Spending.

How The Welfare States Began:

The welfare state starts with small programs targeted at a handful of genuinely needy people.:
http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/wagon-beginning.jpg

But as politicians figure out the electoral benefits of expanding programs and people figure out the that they can let others work on their behalf, the ratio of producers to consumers begins to worsen.
http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/wagon-ending.jpg

And now the PIGS are finding out the trough has only so much food in it. From them came the Occupy Wall Street moochers.

By the way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiPft9Da9c0
No more pies for him! That's why he started crying!
Hint: He doesn't have a job, he lives Completely on Entitlement Programs funded by Tax Payers

And what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:45 pm

I do hope that Skyrim Diplomacy, listed as co-author, will distance itself from this piece of trash and insist that it be removed from the queue. I find it absolutely appalling that a delegate with 87 votes should be seen to co-author such a uniquely bad piece of legislation.

Ambassador Aram Koopman
World Assembly representative for the Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Knootoss wrote:I do hope that Skyrim Diplomacy, listed as co-author, will distance itself from this piece of trash and insist that it be removed from the queue. I find it absolutely appalling that a delegate with 87 votes should be seen to co-author such a uniquely bad piece of legislation.

(Image)
Ambassador Aram Koopman
World Assembly representative for the Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss

Like I said.
While my name has been tagged onto this after giving the honorable ambassador from the Islamic Republic Of Mosrael a very basic outline for a proposal (which he promptly copied and submitted), I do not support this bill in the least.

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:55 pm

OOC: Hokai. What I meant to say, admittedly with a bit of a flourish, is that you should file a Getting Help Request to get it removed. :P

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Islamic Republic of Mosrael
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic of Mosrael » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:13 pm

OMG, WOULD YOU GUYS JUST CHILL. I'M SO SORRY IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS, BUT SIMPLY DONT APPROVE OF IT THEN. and skyrim diplomacy i did actually add on to what you did and really help me

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Islamic Republic of Mosrael wrote:Guys, this is my proposal at the General assembly. Add to it if you wish and telegram me. Remember, to approve, just go to the General Assembly, Proposals, and mine will be there.

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PROPOSAL
ID: islamic_republic_of_mosrael_1318788896

Global Disarmament
A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament

Strength: Strong

Proposed by: Islamic Republic of Mosrael

Description: Nowadays, countries spend so much on Military spending, that it has simply gone out of control. For excuses such as terrorism, you can simply defeat terrorists with a simple AK, not high tech drone planes. Also, if countries cut down on military spending by even 50%, that could take famine and civil war stricken countries, like Somalia and Sierra Lione (for example), out of their critical conditions, and perhaps be a chance to start pleasant life there.

Thank you very much.

too broad, every country needs to defend itself
devon
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Islamic Republic of Mosrael wrote:A)Noting that: ...

Isn't millions of lives a real life reference?
Correcting (C) to:

C)Hereby Mandates that:
2)Nations reduce current armament stocks, including
3)Conventional and unconventional weaponry (projectile arms, nuclear, biological, chemical and all other forms of weaponry), [to be reduced] by 50%

so that I can understand it and comment: Why 50%? Some people may have a million nuclear weapons per person and others may have two, and so the former nation may have a million nuclear weapons and the latter a few billion. And nothing says you can't get more weapons. Furthermore, what armament stocks do not include weaponry? I get the feeling C) 2) is dealt with in C) 3), which suggests duplication.

Therefore, we (the Librarian and Ausitorian government) are opposed.

Also, why are we discussing Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Spain, and the price of tea?
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Devons Island
Envoy

Founded: Apr 16, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Devons Island » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Islamic Republic of Mosrael wrote:OMG, WOULD YOU GUYS JUST CHILL. I'M SO SORRY IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS, BUT SIMPLY DONT APPROVE OF IT THEN. and skyrim diplomacy i did actually add on to what you did and really help me

One thing you will learn very quickly here is that the denizens of the GA, when they see something they disapprove of, will let that opinion be known. If an auhor of a proposal believes that they will get nothing but "oohs & aahs", and 100% agreement, they are sorely mistaken. This goes with the territory. Suggestions, dissent, and downright disapproval are all part and parcel of what happens here.
Last edited by Devons Island on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tzo
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 06, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tzo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Islamic Republic of Mosrael wrote:OMG, WOULD YOU GUYS JUST CHILL. I'M SO SORRY IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS, BUT SIMPLY DONT APPROVE OF IT THEN. and skyrim diplomacy i did actually add on to what you did and really help me

Twas a noble effort Mosrael, your heart may be in the right place, but your pen, unfortunately was not.

It requires much practice, and even more scrutiny, in order to craft a WA proposal worthy of vote.

I would humbly suggest a few things before putting a proposal up for consideration:
    -Request the assistance of the General Assembly when crafting a proposal; They may or may not favor a particular proposal, but they are masters at knowing what should, and should not be contained in it.
    -Perform Due Diligence; There are a myriad of WA Laws on the books that cover a myriad of issues, ensure that the proposal is not in conflict with enacted laws.
    -Consider the World; WA members and officers cover the entire spectrum of WA categories. However, non-WA nations are not required to abide by WA law.

Let this not discourage you from submitting another proposal. This is a process that has been refined an honed for many years.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Mandated global disarmament at 50% is likely to put WA members at a serious disadvantage to non-members. As such we have to oppose the proposal.

New Donkholme
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Donkholme » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:43 am

Thread Starter,

Please don't submit proposals before they've been revised.
Also, (which wouldn't happen if you followed the above) don't submit proposal edits.

Laurocantia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Laurocantia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Islamic Republic of Mosrael wrote:This is the actual thing I submitted, with help from skyrim:

Realizing that the vast armaments of the world are destructive tools of murder and genocide.

A)Noting that:

C)Hereby Mandates that:
2)Nations reduce current armament stocks, including 3)conventional and unconventional weaponry (projectile arms, nuclear, biological, chemical and all other forms of weaponry), by 50%

The nation of Laurocantia much state that it is against this proposal. Global disarmament will not save lives, it will merely put WA member nations at risk at allow non WA member nations to have armies that are twice as a=effective as they once were.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Against!

This is worse than "Legalizing Prostitution." I might as well invade you than submit to this.
Last edited by The Republic of Lanos on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

East Korea
Attaché

Founded: Oct 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby East Korea » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Although East Korea is not a member of the WA, we still wish to express our disapproval regardless. We feel that this is overextending the power of the WA because it tells countries how much money they should spend in certain areas. It also lacks an operative clause, and is very poorly written. We're also not sure what an ''Ack'' is as well.

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:15 pm

A)Noting that:

C)Hereby Mandates that:

Gonna not the problems by each part of the draft.

A1) Thats called murder which is a crime.....how would global disarmament help stop murder and gun violence? It would lower the weapons of police but criminals could easily import from other countries. Bad idea.

A2) Strawman. Its people who misuse guns that encourage violence. Most people use them for protection and sometimes peace.

A3) What?

B) Or kill more due to the war-mongering non-WA nations.

C1) Ok, this is absolutely stupid. What if weapons break? What if we run out of ammo? Great you've created a way to get WA nations killed.

C2) 50%! 50%! That is not partial disarmament. PArtial means like 3%-10% not half. You have good ideas but you are doing them in the wrong ways.

AGAINST.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Why are we still discussing this? It was submitted, it failed to make quorum and the author hasn't been seen since, it looks like a dead proposal to me.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Flibbleites wrote:Why are we still discussing this? It was submitted, it failed to make quorum and the author hasn't been seen since, it looks like a dead proposal to me.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Oh ok. Didnt know.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly