NATION

PASSWORD

Death Penalty For The Poor Who Commit Crimes

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Death Penalty For The Poor Who Commit Crimes

Postby Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:42 am

[region-tag][/region-tag] As the leader of The Kingdom Of Great Britain And commonwealth Nations i propose that we should bring the death penalty for any crime committed by the pour people of nations. My opinion is that these horrible peasants are inflicting crime on the rich people of different cities and this has to stop. We spend to much money on keeping poor people who steal and commit crimes enclosed in prisons. My solution is that we get them out of the way and money can be put to better use.
Last edited by Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:46 am

Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations wrote:[region-tag][/region-tag] As the leader of The Kingdom Of Great Britain And commonwealth Nations i propose that we should bring the death penalty for any crime committed by the pour people of nations. My opinion is that these horrible peasants are inflicting crime on the rich people of different cities and this has to stop. We spend to much money on keeping poor people who steal and commit crimes enclosed in prisons. My solution is that we get them out of the way and money can be put to better use.

Dr. Forshaw's jaw dropped to the point where it hit the floor. He collapsed, and his aides quickly rushed him outside.
Last edited by Connopolis on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Quadrimmina
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quadrimmina » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:08 am

...I'm going to say that's illegal due to offensiveness. Moving on.
Sincerely,
Alexandra Kerrigan, Ambassador to the World Assembly from the Republic of Quadrimmina.
National Profile | Ambassadorial Profile | Quadrimmina Gazette-Post | Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Authored:
GA#111 (Medical Research Ethics Act)
SC#28 (Commend Sionis Prioratus)
GA#197 (Banning Extrajudicial Transfer)

Co-authored:
GA#110 (Identity Theft Prevention Act)
GA#171 (Freedom in Medical Research)
GA#196 (Freedom of Information Act)

Morlago
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morlago » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:10 am

Quadrimmina wrote:...I'm going to say that's illegal due to offensiveness. Moving on.

... And branding, and blogposal, and no operative clause, and bloody stupid, and...
Angelo Gervoski
Minister of WA Affairs of
The United Islands of Morlago
Yë Morre Waidamün i Mórlago

DEFCON: 1 2 (Low) 3 4 5 6

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33
Graph
Center-left social moderate.
Left: 2.2, Libertarian: 0.75
Foreign Policy: -6.11 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture: -6.31 (Cultural liberal)

Dizyntk
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:14 am

Morlago wrote:
Quadrimmina wrote:...I'm going to say that's illegal due to offensiveness. Moving on.

... And branding, and blogposal, and no operative clause, and bloody stupid, and...

...And misspellings and poor grammar and I am sure it has to violate some GA resolution or another and...
Dizyntk WA Ambassador Princess Feyalisa Zerleen Profile
What is a Dizyntk you ask? Dizyntk Info
Cyanka is the Dizyntk year and is equal to 18 earth months. Do your own math.

SNS Timnath Serah
Secretary

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SNS Timnath Serah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:15 am

Don't make me bombard your office.
"Rule of Cool" puppet and WA Embassy of Mount Shavano. IC posts authored by Captain J. Bernard Edwards, unless otherwise noted.

Thirty-five thousand tons of wrath, twelve fourteen-inch guns of thunder, and the speed of lightning, if there is lightning anywhere that does 21 knots.

(with apologies to Stephen Lewis)

May or may not be a thinly veiled pretext to get 14 inch artillery in range of WA headquarters.

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Salvarity » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:19 am

Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations wrote:[region-tag][/region-tag] As the leader of The Kingdom Of Great Britain And commonwealth Nations i propose that we should bring the death penalty for any crime committed by the pour people of nations. My opinion is that these horrible peasants are inflicting crime on the rich people of different cities and this has to stop. We spend to much money on keeping poor people who steal and commit crimes enclosed in prisons. My solution is that we get them out of the way and money can be put to better use.

damn man what you smoking.
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Symphonian
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Symphonian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:23 am

Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations wrote: As the leader of The Kingdom Of Great Britain And commonwealth Nations i propose that we should bring the death penalty for any crime committed by the pour people of nations. My opinion is that these horrible peasants are inflicting crime on the rich people of different cities and this has to stop. We spend to much money on keeping poor people who steal and commit crimes enclosed in prisons. My solution is that we get them out of the way and money can be put to better use.

In a capitalist system there must be poor for there to be rich, who are you rich gonna exploit otherwise?

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Ms. Harper finds this offending in regards to social equality, given the dedication to welfare policy and civil rights in Minoa.

Keronians
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:19 pm

The Ambassador sighs and asks his aide to bring him a coffee... And some aspirin.
Proud Indian. Spanish citizen. European federalist.
Political compass
Awarded the Bronze Medal for General Debating at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards. Awarded Best New Poster at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards.
It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade
· Exchange of goods and services
· Free formation of prices

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

This is a capitalist model.

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Salvarity » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 pm

i'm serious. What are you smoking man.
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 pm

This crap had better be a joke, and even if it is, the proposer had better have a damned good reason for posting it.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Dizyntk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:33 pm

And being a stupid little wank does not count as an excuse.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Dizyntk wrote:
Morlago wrote:... And branding, and blogposal, and no operative clause, and bloody stupid, and...

...And misspellings and poor grammar and I am sure it has to violate some GA resolution or another and...

Probably the Convention on Execution.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:52 pm

To label the poor as virmin, and to simply dish out the most harshest of penalties, for the smallest of crimes is something that Aurora Confederacy does hereby protest. THIS BILL is a gross violation of civil rights and because of this, The Federal Republic of Aurora Confederacy WILL NOT be SUPPORT such a bill.

THIS BILL IS AN INSULT TO HUMANITY AND MUST BE STOPPED BEFORE IT GOES ANY FURTHER, who does the leader of Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations think he is, Adolf Hitler or Josef Stalin?, such tyranical laws do not belong on the debating chamber of the WA.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Embolalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Embolalia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:54 pm

"Oh, what a brilliant idea!" says Ambassador Hywel. "I think I can do one better, though." The ambassador proceeds to recite from a book of recipes for cooking Irish babies.
Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
Bible quote? No, that's just common sense.
/ˌɛmboʊˈlɑːliːʌ/
The United Commonwealth of Embolalia

Gafin Gower, Prime minister
E. Rory Hywel, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Gwaredd LLwyd, Lieutenant Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author: GA#95, GA#107, GA#132, GA#185
Philimbesi wrote:Repeal, resign, or relax.

Embassy Exchange
EBC News
My mostly worthless blog
Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
Liberal atheist bisexual, and proud of it.
@marcmack wrote:I believe we can build a better world! Of course, it'll take a whole lot of rock, water & dirt. Also, not sure where to put it."

Beseitigung
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beseitigung » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:44 pm

We are currently against this proposal because:

1: It violates the Convention on Execution. (can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=3537739#p3537739)

2: It is poorly written with multiple misspellings and grammar issues, as well as branding.

3: The bill has no operative clause.

4: The bill fails to define ''crime'' or ''poor.''

5: The bill would likely result in the death of hundreds of millions of people.
Last edited by Beseitigung on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credit Rating from Duff & Phelps:has a strong capacity to meet its financial commitments but is somewhat more susceptible to adverse effects of changes in circumstances and economic conditions than higher rated obligors.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Beseitigung wrote:We are currently against this proposal because:

1: It violated the Convention on Execution.

2: It is poorly written with multiple misspellings and grammar issues, as well as branding.

3: The bill has no operative clause.

4: The bill fails to define ''crime'' or ''poor.''

5: The bill would likely result in the death of hundreds of millions of people.

here here.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

San Monteriano
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:56 pm

This proposed "legislation" disgusts the Government and general public of the Grand Duchy, both of which swiftly condemned such an appalling attitude towards the lower-working classes. In the sake of social equality - and that this is a disgusting proposal - we will not support this, at all. It is an abomination.
Monarch: Caterina I, HRDM
Prime Minister: Cristina S'Forza (PD)
Capital: San Monteriano (city)
National Language: Italian; English
Demonym: San Monteriani/Monterianese
RP Population: 62.5 million
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:
Tunasai wrote:Why would he make this up though?

Can I interest you in these magic beans I'm selling?

Ceannairceach wrote:If I were optimistic, I'd never be pleasantly surprised.

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every vegetarian and vegan in the world is sitting back and laughing cruelly at you right now. Or at least one is. Eh, close enough.

Tagmatium wrote:Yes - anything else is wishful thinking or wilful ignorance.

Without the EU, the UK is nothing but a backwater with delusions of grandeur and a history of empire.

"RENLY IS NOT RIGHT!" - Galbart Glover

Tweegee
Envoy

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tweegee » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Finally! A proposal worth a damn!

I SUPPORT!

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Tweegee wrote:Finally! A proposal worth a damn!

I SUPPORT!

Splendid for you. Of course, the rest of us have already worked out that your opinion is fair well a barometer for what should be opposed immediately and with extreme prejudice.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:23 pm

I am shocked by the replies i have had to this with only 1 person in support of this idea. I simply think that i would like the wealthy to live in my country and have a lavish life, i simply discuss the matter and wanted other nations opinions. My country is punish the poor more for their crimes than the rich, after all the rich people of society have contributed more than the poor. There is only 1 spelling mistake that i can see in my first post is the word POUR instead of POOR but i later corrected that.

Beseitigung
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beseitigung » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations wrote:I am shocked by the replies i have had to this with only 1 person in support of this idea. I simply think that i would like the wealthy to live in my country and have a lavish life, i simply discuss the matter and wanted other nations opinions. My country is punish the poor more for their crimes than the rich, after all the rich people of society have contributed more than the poor. There is only 1 spelling mistake that i can see in my first post is the word POUR instead of POOR but i later corrected that.

If you want to have your nation execute all poor people who comitt crimes then that is perfectly fine, as it is your nation. However, the problem begins when you attempt to pass a proposal that forces all other WA nations to do so as well. You should take focus of the fact that if your poor did not exist your rich would have no means of being rich. That gives them a lot more importance than you think they have. This proposal received overwhelmingly negative reception because of it's absurd and genocidal nature.

Oh and by the way, I put all your mistakes in bold so you knew what we were talking about.
Credit Rating from Duff & Phelps:has a strong capacity to meet its financial commitments but is somewhat more susceptible to adverse effects of changes in circumstances and economic conditions than higher rated obligors.

SNS Timnath Serah
Secretary

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SNS Timnath Serah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:33 pm

SNS Timnath Serah wrote:Don't make me bombard your office.

Great Britain And Commonwealth Nations wrote:I am shocked by the replies i have had to this with only 1 person in support of this idea. I simply think that i would like the wealthy to live in my country and have a lavish life, i simply discuss the matter and wanted other nations opinions. My country is punish the poor more for their crimes than the rich, after all the rich people of society have contributed more than the poor. There is only 1 spelling mistake that i can see in my first post is the word POUR instead of POOR but i later corrected that.

You want my opinion? Here's my opinion.

"Rule of Cool" puppet and WA Embassy of Mount Shavano. IC posts authored by Captain J. Bernard Edwards, unless otherwise noted.

Thirty-five thousand tons of wrath, twelve fourteen-inch guns of thunder, and the speed of lightning, if there is lightning anywhere that does 21 knots.

(with apologies to Stephen Lewis)

May or may not be a thinly veiled pretext to get 14 inch artillery in range of WA headquarters.

Dizyntk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm

And I delight in telling you that the ONE delegate that supports this barbaric proposal is the one delegate that is, arguably, more insane than you apparently are. I am not too sure I would be happy with his so called support.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly