NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Higher Class Education Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The Scotland Isles
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Higher Class Education Act

Postby The Scotland Isles » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Higher Class Education Act [DRAFT]

This proposal requests the audience of all nations to permit the following tasks and goals to be recognised and considered:

This proposal focuses on the promotion of higher-class schooling through use of tax money. This resolution will in turn:

PROVIDE outstanding primary and secondary education to all students for a fee (depending on type of school).

DONATE money from taxes to support private/public schools as a compulsory part.

IMPROVE the education of students through this programme of promoting higher education.

REALIGN the current standards of education to a higher level.

PROVIDE higher-class courses for each student group, depending on their intellectual capacity and will to learn.

PLACE new standards of learning for the schools and colleges.

INTERTWINE all schools into the same method of teaching, depending on the level.

As an act of education, this proposal may increase the private and public economy sector through fees and taxes. The economy of each nation should receive some income. The youth will become more educated and the intellectual race for the world will gain a higher foothold.

Footnote: Please tell me what you think and hat can I do to improve.

Stateholder of The Scotland Isles

Kramis
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramis » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 pm

i do not think that it is good for the people because some lower class families may not be able to pay for the extra education. Making it such that only the people who can afford become smarter. Not giving everyone a chance to go for the extra education.

Ushiromiya
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ushiromiya » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 am

We do not believe in paying for basic rights such as education, nor furthering the class divide by allowing private schools. I would be a far more productive measure to promote state-wide high quality education, rather than encourage class divides through establishing a private schooled elite.

In addition, the specific content and format of the education should be a matter for member states.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:09 am

PROVIDE outstanding primary and secondary education to all students for a fee (depending on type of school).

This is already done. It's called Taxes in regard to public school and tuition in the case of private schools.

DONATE money from taxes to support private/public schools as a compulsory part.

If you give tax money to private schools you are in effect creating public schools. Further this would cause an issue in my nation as the division of church and state in the USP forbids the use of public funds for a religious eduction programs.

IMPROVE the education of students through this programme of promoting higher education.

We already have High School grades why do we need to promote them?

REALIGN the current standards of education to a higher level.

PROVIDE higher-class courses for each student group, depending on their intellectual capacity and will to learn.

PLACE new standards of learning for the schools and colleges.

INTERTWINE all schools into the same method of teaching, depending on the level.

There really is no way for an international body to set standards for 13,000+ nations. This is much better left to the nation to decide what is best for their children.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:25 am

Oh, look. ANOTHER "Let's do what we're already doing, bt now with the WA's permission!"

No.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 am

Why does the WA need to micromanage and mandate things which are best left to local school boards? That is why there are school boards.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:48 am

Grays Harbor wrote:Why does the WA need to micromanage and mandate things which are best left to local school boards? That is why there are school boards.

Because bloated bureaucracies knows best. Haven't you figured that out yet? I mean, you did pen Bureau of Micromanagement, didn't you? ;)
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:27 am

Ms. Harper feels that A Promotion of Basic Education, currently active as a resolution, should be enough.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:46 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Why does the WA need to micromanage and mandate things which are best left to local school boards? That is why there are school boards.

Because bloated bureaucracies knows best. Haven't you figured that out yet? I mean, you did pen Bureau of Micromanagement, didn't you? ;)

That is going to haunt me until the end of days, I fear. ;)
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Mesogirian WA Mission
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesogirian WA Mission » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:52 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:Because bloated bureaucracies knows best. Haven't you figured that out yet? I mean, you did pen Bureau of Micromanagement, didn't you? ;)

That is going to haunt me until the end of days, I fear. ;)

You could draft a resolution giving the WA control over the End Times, and then, whenever it becomes too annoying...
Kelly Rodriguez

Mesogirian WA Mission Delegate

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:

We agree. We NEED more bureaucracy. Didn't you get the memo that everyone must prove that they have been valuing their oxygen and that the oxygen used is commensurate with their worth to society?

Next week, I plan to *submit* a proposal ordering that each sapient being will be limited to consuming 3 oz of cheese a week, no more, no less. ;-)
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

SKA-tland
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SKA-tland » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Lord Matterhorn XXXVII is severely displeased with how over-reaching this proposal is, and how it does not allow the independent nations the ability to manage their own education system. He will not support such a proposal, as this is obviously another attempt to create a uber-powerful world government which will be followed by the cloning of Hitler. The people of SKA-tland will not stand for it!!
"There is nothing here to be believed, not a call to make, and none received."
http://skaskankredemption.com

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:41 pm

cloning of Hitler

Nigel squinted, and turned to Ginger, "cloning of Hitler? Bobby Hitler, in Accounting and Acquisition? Why the devil would someone want to clone him?”

Ginger shrugged, “I mean he’s kind of cute, but he’s got that mustache thing going on. Really not my cup of tea.”

Nigel shuddered. “Me either”
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Cool Egg Sandwich
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cool Egg Sandwich » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Philimbesi wrote:
cloning of Hitler

Nigel squinted, and turned to Ginger, "cloning of Hitler? Bobby Hitler, in Accounting and Acquisition? Why the devil would someone want to clone him?”

Ginger shrugged, “I mean he’s kind of cute, but he’s got that mustache thing going on. Really not my cup of tea.”

Nigel shuddered. “Me either”

lol, Bobby Hitler. Funny stuff.

In any event, we do not support this proposal, and feel that the current resolution, "Promotion of Basic Education", is more than satisfactory. Good day.

Rgds.,
Mr. Mickey Darke,
Ambassador to the World Assembly from Cool Egg Sandwich

WA Delegate from The Dirty South
Phish phan and Student of History
Member of NatSov 2.0
Author
: GAR #139, GAR #152 (Repeal)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly