NATION

PASSWORD

International Tennis Association Tournament Series

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Eastfield Lodge wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:
Thatius wrote:Filip Compagini (0 pts.)--THA

Unfortunately, that tournament's division is full. Would you like to enter that player in a different tournament in men's singles?

Oh, and another side note, I think I have updated everything but please tell me if I made any glaring mistakes. Thanks!

Tyrrin's Women's Doubles list should be 14/16, not 32

Whoops... thanks! :)
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Thatius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Delaclava (Carpet):

Men's Singles-
Filip Compagini (0 pts.)--THA

Thank you.
Last edited by Thatius on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:05 pm

bump...
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Okay... no one has clearly taken the initiative here, so I will now close the entries to the Bergnovinaian clay tournament.

OOC: For all members of the ITA committee, should I create yet another thread for my tournaments scores, RPs, and draws, or should it all just be done here?

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tyrrin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:Okay... no one has clearly taken the initiative here, so I will now close the entries to the Bergnovinaian clay tournament.

OOC: For all members of the ITA committee, should I create yet another thread for my tournaments scores, RPs, and draws, or should it all just be done here?

I'm going to create a thread for my tournament separately.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Ok... then I'll make my thread and have it up shortly.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:36 pm

The Bergnovinaian Open is now in full swing so if you are participating in that tournament, scores, RPing, etc. is in that thread.

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 am

I will get my tournament thread up and running soon. However, as Del's tournament only has a very small number of entries, it might be an idea to drop the carpet tournament. If that is the case, I would like to openly offer the chance of hosting the grass tournament to Delaclava. Then we should contact those who wanted to play on carpet to see if they would like to withdraw or move to a different surface.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:25 am

Schiavonia wrote:I will get my tournament thread up and running soon. However, as Del's tournament only has a very small number of entries, it might be an idea to drop the carpet tournament. If that is the case, I would like to openly offer the chance of hosting the grass tournament to Delaclava. Then we should contact those who wanted to play on carpet to see if they would like to withdraw or move to a different surface.

I think that we should just continue the carpet tournament. Some people have entered sign ups as carpet preference plays many people won't respond when you try to contact them, you know how it is. I don't see a reason to close it off just because it is smaller. But if Delaclava wants to drop it then that's his decision.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 am

The reason would be to keep numbers as equal as possible and therefore have similar weightings in terms of rankings. However, as you say, it would give those who have chosen carpet a disadvantage in that their chosen surface is not included.

The carpet preferences will still be kept for future tournaments.

Let's get carpeted up, then! And grass, too. The Schiavonia Lawn Tennis Championships will have a thread this afternoon UTC.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:29 am

Schiavonia wrote:The reason would be to keep numbers as equal as possible and therefore have similar weightings in terms of rankings. However, as you say, it would give those who have chosen carpet a disadvantage in that their chosen surface is not included.

The carpet preferences will still be kept for future tournaments.

Let's get carpeted up, then! And grass, too. The Schiavonia Lawn Tennis Championships will have a thread this afternoon UTC.

Great. I like soccer and all but I am really excited about the ITA because I am a tennis player in RL.

I see your points about having equal weighting but I still think we should continue the tournament.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:19 am

Just something I've noticed from Bergnovinaia's thread, but I thought the intention of these tournaments was to make sure that everyone had a decent chance to play a few matches. That would be a group stage followed by a knockout stage, so that people who RP actually get some benefit from it, as opposed to it almost being a lottery by starting out with a straight knockout.

As you will see in the Schiavonia Lawn Tennis Championships.
Last edited by Schiavonia on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 am

Schiavonia wrote:Just something I've noticed from Bergnovinaia's thread, but I thought the intention of these tournaments was to make sure that everyone had a decent chance to play a few matches. That would be a group stage followed by a knockout stage, so that people who RP actually get some benefit from it, as opposed to it almost being a lottery by starting out with a straight knockout.

As you will see in the Schiavonia Lawn Tennis Championships.

Oh... that is a good point. I'll see if I can revamp my thread to make it work.

Schiavonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiavonia » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Thatius wrote:Delaclava (Carpet):

Men's Singles-

Thank you.

Found an error in Berg's list for my men's singles, so what was full is now one short of full. So if you want to change your player back, please post your intentions in this thread in the next 24 hours and we will squeeze Filip in.

Thatius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks man, I'll enter him into the Schiavonia Lawn Tournament then.

Schiavonia (Grass):

Men's Singles-

(I'm not sure if Delaclava will have his tournament set up by the time Berg updates the list, but I guess it'll make the situation for your easier, since you can have exactly 32 men.)

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Postby Tyrrin » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Ok, signups for the Tyrrinian Open are cut off except for men's singles.. Thiatus, only your men's singles players were able to make it into my tournament due to numbers issues. I need one more men's singles player, and then I will start.

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 am

Bergnovinaia (Clay Surface)

Women's Singles

Maria Faris - Qualified for single elimination round
Angela Tucci
Tatiana Parker

Delaclava (Carpet Surface):

Women's Doubles

Catherine Wynn & Antonia James (Clay)

Tyrrin (Hard Surface)

Men's Singles

Philip Morris (Clay)

Women's Singles

Alicia Cho
Last edited by The Andromeda Islands on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Andromeda Islands Factbook
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Andromeda_Islands

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 am

The Andromeda Islands wrote:Bergnovinaia (Clay Surface)

Women's Singles

Angela Tucci
Tatiana Parker

Women's Doubles

Tyrrin (Hard Surface)

Men's Singles

Philip Morris (Clay)

Women's Singles

Alicia Cho

The Bergnovinaian Open is already started and Tyrrin has cut-off sign ups for women's singles. However, your men's singles entry to Tyrinn was accepted along with your womens doubles entry to Delaclava.

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Postby Tyrrin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 am

Bergnovinaia wrote:

Women's Singles

Angela Tucci
Tatiana Parker

Women's Doubles

Tyrrin (Hard Surface)

Men's Singles

Philip Morris (Clay)

Women's Singles

Alicia Cho

The Bergnovinaian Open is already started and Tyrrin has cut-off sign ups for women's singles. However, your men's singles entry to Tyrinn was accepted along with your womens doubles entry to Delaclava.

Actually, someone already TG'd me with a final men's singles player, so those are cut off too. I should have the tournament up and running soon.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:23 am

Tyrrin wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:

Women's Singles

Angela Tucci
Tatiana Parker

Women's Doubles

Tyrrin (Hard Surface)

Men's Singles

Philip Morris (Clay)

Women's Singles

Alicia Cho

Actually, someone already TG'd me with a final men's singles player, so those are cut off too. I should have the tournament up and running soon.

Oh... ok then. Andromeda Islands, would you like me to move Morris to Delacalva, the only open tournament now?

The Andromeda Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Islands » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Tyrrin (Hard Surface)

Men's Singles

Philip Morris (Clay)

Women's Singles

Alicia Cho

Oh... ok then. Andromeda Islands, would you like me to move Morris to Delacalva, the only open tournament now?

OOC: I only added Morris so that the Tyrrin Tournament could get up & running. Take him off the list please.

IC: In a freak accident, Philip Morris, the #1 Tennis player in the Andromeda Islands, died while practicing for the Delacalva Open with his girlfriend.
Last edited by The Andromeda Islands on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Andromeda Islands Factbook
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Andromeda_Islands

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Postby Tyrrin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:40 pm

The Tyrrinian Open has begun.

Churchma
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:46 am

Churchma would like to send the following players to Delaclava's tournament (they've already been eliminated from the Bergnovinaian Open).

I'm not sure how Berg is going to figure out points for each player for each tournament. But each of the following players/groups participated in the BO, but have been eliminated.

Men's Singles
Erik Dahm (0 pts.)--(Clay)—CHU
Dahm was eliminated in the round of 16 in the BO

Women's Singles
Jessica Thorton (0 pts.)--(Clay)—CHU
Thorton was eliminated in the pool play state in the BO

Women's Doubles
Jessica Thorton and Riley Williams (0 pts.)--(Clay)—CHU
Thorton and Williams were eliminated in the semifinals in the BO
CHAMPIONS- Baptism of Iron 6, Cup of Harmony 45, Two ITA Titles
RUNNER UPS- World Lacrosse Championships 10, Saugeais Baseball Tournament
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1
SEMIFINALS- World Softball Classic 1, World Baseball Classic 19
QUARTERFINALS- NS Arena Bowl 0, NSAB 1, NSCF 2
FOUNDER- Nation States College Football (NSCF)

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:46 am

Churchma wrote:Churchma would like to send the following players to Delaclava's tournament (they've already been eliminated from the Bergnovinaian Open).

I'm not sure how Berg is going to figure out points for each player for each tournament. But each of the following players/groups participated in the BO, but have been eliminated.

Men's Singles

Women's Singles

Women's Doubles

I'll accept it, but I won't enter it until I discuss how we should asses points with the other ITA committee members.

Churchma
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Churchma wrote:Churchma would like to send the following players to Delaclava's tournament (they've already been eliminated from the Bergnovinaian Open).

Men's Singles

Women's Singles

Women's Doubles

I'll accept it, but I won't enter it until I discuss how we should asses points with the other ITA committee members.

Okay sounds good. And good luck with whatever is going on in RL with you. Hope you're back soon!
CHAMPIONS- Baptism of Iron 6, Cup of Harmony 45, Two ITA Titles
RUNNER UPS- World Lacrosse Championships 10, Saugeais Baseball Tournament
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1
SEMIFINALS- World Softball Classic 1, World Baseball Classic 19
QUARTERFINALS- NS Arena Bowl 0, NSAB 1, NSCF 2
FOUNDER- Nation States College Football (NSCF)

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports