NATION

PASSWORD

12th World Cup of Hockey [RP/Roster/Scores] - finito

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Caleb Admele's Journal Entry Day 1506.

I'm tired as hell. 42 saves, personal best tonight and we held on to beat Delaclava 3-2. 24 shots alone in the 3rd period, and i stopped them all. Ezekiel Faroza did a great job as well. He stopped 45 shots as both our teams just figuratively run up and down the ice every shift. Sean (Briggs) actually knocked in the first goal tonight on a rebound and then Delaclava counted back. It happened so fast i couldn't even tell who scored for them. In the 2nd period, once again Delaclava struck so fast the number of the guy who deflected the shot was a blur. Thankfully Mike (Uwe) managed to score twice in the next 6 minutes or so and we took the lead for good.

The 3rd period was just a blur every shot that came to me I sent away and it seemed like just as soon as I cleared the puck, it came back right at me. I'm glad coach is giving me the next game off. I think that Francine (Hicks) will do a good job vs. Tutlingburg.

I ran into the QCSN reporter, Jeanne Hill. Unfortunately she was stuck outside of Qazox when the quarentine covering lacrosse (i think), and she missed the last flight into Qazox. So like us she's been wandering the world. I found out from her that Qazox didn't send a team to the World Cup due to the quarentine. That sucks. We hadn't missed a Cup in almost 100 years, and they might miss the next one as well. I hope whatever this disease is, it's destroyed soon, 'cause I wanna head home and see my family.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:04 am

"Welcome back to 12th World Cup of Hockey. Team Shofercia draws again, this time against Eizen."
"Well the teams were evenly matched, battling each other throughout the game. However Shofercia was dominant towards the end, we just couldn't score. Let's take a look at some of those moments..."

"Maksimov a stretch pass to Pashkov. Dat is with it, he has the goaltender down, he shoots - blia, broken stick."
"Sergeev to Koper. Back to Sergeev. To Bren. Shot - post."
"Ivanov with the puck. Drops it to Tigrov, goalie down. Pass to Danilov - shot, just above the net!"
"Adamov is on a break away. He winds up. Fires - amazing save by Jigier."

Wow. Those were heartbreaking, especially the broken stick. But it is good to see the Torpedo Line finally get two goals, and the Tiger Line back in the game. Tigers were Team Shofercia's worst line, finishing the first game with a -2, second with -1, third with -1, and now they managed a 0 rating. The line finally got used to this hockey rink."

"I think all of Team Shofercia is getting used to the World Cup of Hockey. And the fans have slowly dropped their expectations, but stayed with the team. There are a lot less flaming posts in the commentary section. A lot more hopeful posts."

"I think the victory over Mantwenic had something to do with that Mike. Let's take a look at the standings:

Pos  Team                       P   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD  Pts
1 Valanora 4 3 1 0 18 9 9 7
2 Sorthern Northland 4 3 1 0 13 6 7 7
3 Shofercia 4 1 2 1 7 9 -2 4
4 Mantwenic 4 1 1 2 6 10 -4 3
5 Eizen 4 0 2 2 9 12 -3 2
6 Antarctistan 4 0 1 3 4 11 -7 1

Well that's not too bad. And as you can see a struggle for the playoffs is developing, even for the last two spots:

1 Toyur 4 2 1 1 16 9 7 5
2 Sibirsky 4 2 1 1 9 7 2 5
3 Tarrentum 4 2 0 2 5 3 2 4
4 Estresso Intenso 4 2 0 2 9 8 1 4
-------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Secristan 4 2 0 2 7 7 0 4
5 The Babbage Islands 4 2 0 2 8 8 0 4
7 Shofercia 4 1 2 1 7 9 -2 4
8 Teinohikira 4 1 2 1 11 13 -2 4

Wow."

"You said it. That is a very close race. And we are one victory short. Had we won the game against Eizen, we would be in. But we have six more games to go. So it is still very doable."

"That's right. Now we are going up against the leaders tonight. Let's bring in Ozerov for the analysis."

"Hey guys. To be honest, I don't know what to say about the game against Eizen. I was hoping for another victory, which would place us in a very good spot in terms of playoff competition. But, ALAS, I was wrong. Then again we played a great game, so I cannot really be mad at the team. A lot of betters are already calling the match up for Valanora. I'm not so sure. On the one hand, we have produced consistent scoring. In each game, since game 1, we managed to score 2 goals. We've also not allowed more than 2 goals. Additionally, Valanora is very cocky. They have a right to be, and we are hoping to take full advantage of that. We can, if we play Basil Catnip."
"But..."
"Yes, I know he missed 4 goals against Southern Northland. But Valanora's scorers cannot go on forever, scoring and scoring and scoring eternally. Catnip is an amazing talent, but he has some nights off. It is what I predict Coach Uriev will do. Plus Stolichnuy needs a night off. He wasn't at his peak against Eizen. I know it's a gamble, but we're desperate to get into the playoffs. It's a gamble we should take. Additionally Eizen has a game against Antarctistan, a game that Eizen might win."

"So what do you think of the 12th World Cup of hockey so far, which is sponsored by the Moo Maid Milk Conglomerate?"
"Got Milk?"

"And to leave you with great emotions after tonight's draw, we will be repeating Team Shofercia's goals:
Bren enters the zone. Pass to Harding. Shot - deflection by Koper, kick-save, Sergeev on the rebound - GGOOOAAAALLLLL!
Puck is dumped in by Turchinsky. Sergeev, the team captain, goes after it. Ohh, a hard check on him, loose puck, picked up by Koper, shot, rebound, Bren - GGOOOAAAALLLLL!"
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Tutlingburg
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tutlingburg » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:18 am

Tutlingburg Attack Is Back

Nash Scores Four, Toiletdonia Beaten 6-1

Dareb-In what was to many a make or break game, Tutlingburg played it's finest match of the tournament. After an early goal put Tutlingburg down early, they rose back on the coattails of Brock Nash, who scored a team record of four goals. Net-minder Sonny Lebalnc also rebounded after a disastrous start, stopping 20 of 21 shots.

In what seemed to be yet another repeat of previous matches, Toiletdonia scored first, Lios Karrmen beating Leblanc high-glove side, at 18:59 of the first. Tutlingburg however, did not lose it's focus and continued with it's game plan. Which focused on hard forecheck and smart backcheck. This seemed to bother the Toiletdonians and they began to up the physicality of the match. Late in the period, during a bench minor penalty accessed to the Toiletdonia bench, Brock Nash scored his first of this World Cup, with a powerful blast from the point. The period ended in a one-all draw.

The second period was a physical affair, as almost every whistle brought a scrum. The game's referees eventually warned the benches that they were not going to tolerate it anymore and that seemed to quiet both teams down, much to the disappointment of the fans in the building. Yet, Tutlingburg kept firm grip on the match, they were always the first on the puck and that prevented Toiletdonia from gaining any momentum. Tutlingburg, however could not buy a goal in the period. Toiletdonia netminder was superb and had the the help of his three best teammates on the ice: Left Post, Right Post, and Crossbar. Tutlingburg players hit the bars on at least four different occasions and as the period began to close, Tutlingburg fans in attendance wondered if the puck was cursed. Those fears proved to be unfounded, as a bad change by Toiletdonia led to a Martin Kunze breakaway. He made no mistake, defeating the goaltender five-hole with nineteen seconds left in the second period to put Tutlingburg up 2-1.

As the third began, many Tutlingburg fans wondered if a repeat of the last game was coming. Tutlingburg led to start the third of that game and gave up the lead to lose a heart-breaker. These fears were promptly forgotten when Nash made a perfect pass to teammate Bradford McCormick and put Tutlingburg up 3-1 at 15:32. That goal seemed to break whatever resolve Toiletdonia had left and they retreated into a more defensive stance, which was easily exploited by Tutlingburg. Nash was the true star of this game and Toiletdonia seemed to have no answer to him. He proved this when he scored his second of the night at 12:30. He wasn't done, scoring his hat trick goal at 10:11, then scoring his team record fourth at 5:44.

After the game Nash played it cool.

" I couldn't have done it with out my teammates. Or Coach Porter. They deserve a ton of credit."

Coach Porter praised his team's effort.

"This is the team I wanted to see. I hope to see this effort continues into the next few games."

Tutlingburg's next game is against group powerhouse Qazox, who are undefeated in group play so far.

The Game's 3 Stars

First: Brock Nash-Tutlingburg
Second: Bradford McCormick-Tutlingburg
Third: Sonny Leblanc-Tutlingburg

Tutlingburg Embassy Program

My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90

Teinohikira
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Teinohikira » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 am

Teinohikira Locker Room 3 HOURS 15 MINUTES TIL GAMETIME

"So, what now?" asked Daylon.
"I guess we should pack up our stuff." replied Coach Bilbo.
"I'll pull the bus around front." said Jimmy, reaching for the keys.
"Well, there goes our chances of going to the play-offs." sighed Connor.
"Yeah, I just won $50 though!" yelled Jorge.
"I get to keep my $1,000 plus another $400!" said Coach Bilbo.
"Hey, we all bet that we wouldn't make the play-offs! Cool!" shouted Jimmy, heading for the door.

Suddenly, the door burst open, there stood Alexei

"ALEXEI!!" yelled Coach Bilbo.
"I'm here to lead us to the play-offs!" said Alexei.
"Alexei, I thought you were hurt!" said Daylon, in suprise.
"I was, but I saw the Newspaper article and saw we tied, again." said Alexei.
"So, I got a cast on my leg, stiches in my head, and came back!"
"But, how did the doctors let you come back?!" asked Jorge.
"Well, I can play with the cast on my leg, and the stiches in my head, I got a reinforced helmet that locks when its straped on."
"Cool!" yelled Jimmy.
"OUR PLAY-OFF DREAM IS STILL ALIVE!!!!" yelled Coach Bilbo
"YESSS!! screamed Connor.
"EVERYONE!!" said Alexei. "Pull your bet!" "We still have a chance!"
"YEAHH!!!" yelled the entirte team.
"Hey! Why don't we practice for Delaclava?" asked Coach Bilbo, in excitment.
"YEAH!!" yelled everyone as they grabbed their hockey sticks and skated onto the ice to practice.
Last edited by Teinohikira on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teinohikira
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Teinohikira » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:34 am

The Teinohikira Chronicle

Borodin returns to Teinohikira

Alexei Borodin, who got injuried in yesterday's match against Mohawk Clans, came back to the Teinohikirian Team. He suffered a broken leg and a busted head. Alexei was given a cast and stiches and was given an reinforced helmet that locks when it is strapped on. Borodin was checked-out of the Dareb Hospital at 2:38am and went back to join the Teinohikirian Team in the stadium. Teinohikira plays Delaclava later today and is the underdog Delaclava lost to Qazox yesterday 3-2. Teinohikira's playoff dream is still alive and is still possible. Teinohikira is expected to win about 3 of their next 6 games. Teinohikira's Coach Bilbo says "I'm glad Alexei's back, now we can still believe in the team and ourselves" "We can beat Delaclava if we 'TBG'-Try our best, Believe in ourselves and the the team, and Give everything we've got. If we do all that, we can believe in it." Teinohikira is gettig prepared for their match today and the game is in 2 hours 40 minutes on TSPN at 6:10 TCT.

For more games, analisys, and TV listings, go to page 3A

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:03 am

Motor Group

Toyur 4-1 Tretskivucia
Western Cuba 2-3 Euroslavia
Sarzonia 3-1 Krytenia
1 Euroslavia 5 4 1 0 15 8 7 9
2 Toyur 5 3 1 1 20 10 10 7
3 Western Cuba 5 3 0 2 8 10 -2 6
4 Sarzonia 5 2 1 2 14 8 6 5
5 Krytenia 5 1 0 4 7 16 -9 2
6 Tretskivucia 5 0 1 4 6 18 -12 1

Cuboid Group

Estresso Intenso 3-8 Newmanistan
Taeshan 5-2 Cosumar
Gordinisia 0-1 Quintessence of Dust
1 Newmanistan 5 4 1 0 19 10 9 9
2 Quintessence of Dust 5 3 1 1 12 5 7 7
3 Taeshan 5 3 0 2 15 14 1 6
4 Estresso Intenso 5 2 0 3 12 16 -4 4
5 Gordinisia 5 1 1 3 9 12 -3 3
6 Cosumar 5 0 1 4 4 14 -10 1

Bracket Group

The Fanboyists 6-1 Canamla
Septentrionia 2-4 Kelssek
Tarrentum 5-2 Virabia
1 Kelssek 5 4 0 1 12 7 5 8
2 Tarrentum 5 3 0 2 10 5 5 6
3 The Fanboyists 5 3 0 2 14 10 4 6
4 Virabia 5 3 0 2 14 13 1 6
5 Septentrionia 5 2 0 3 11 13 -2 4
6 Canamla 5 0 0 5 6 19 -13 0

Fork Group

Sorthern Northland 6-2 Mantwenic
Shofercia 2-2 Valanora
Eizen 2-1 Antarctistan
1 Sorthern Northland 5 4 1 0 19 8 11 9
2 Valanora 5 3 2 0 20 11 9 8
3 Shofercia 5 1 3 1 9 11 -2 5
4 Eizen 5 1 2 2 11 13 -2 4
5 Mantwenic 5 1 1 3 8 16 -8 3
6 Antarctistan 5 0 1 4 5 13 -8 1

Teapot Group

Tyrrin 2-2 Tocrowkia
Albundania 0-1 Churchma
Plutoni 6-2 Sibirsky
1 Plutoni 5 5 0 0 22 5 17 10
2 Tocrowkia 5 3 1 1 18 11 7 7
3 Sibirsky 5 2 1 2 11 13 -2 5
4 Churchma 5 2 0 3 5 10 -5 4
5 Tyrrin 5 0 3 2 5 10 -5 3
6 Albundania 5 0 1 4 2 14 -12 1

Impressionist Group

Cassadaigua 3-1 Ad'ihan
Secristan 1-0 South Norwega
Silver Beach 2-3 The Babbage Islands
1 Cassadaigua 5 5 0 0 21 4 17 10
2 The Babbage Islands 5 3 0 2 11 10 1 6
3 Secristan 5 3 0 2 8 7 1 6
4 Ad'ihan 5 3 0 2 10 9 1 6
5 South Norwega 5 1 0 4 6 11 -5 2
6 Silver Beach 5 0 0 5 8 23 -15 0

Adi'han ahead of The Babbage Islands on H2H (W 2-1). The Babbage Islands ahead of Secristan on H2H (W 4-2). Secristan ahead of Ad'ihan on H2H (W 2-0). Internal goal difference used as tiebreaker (3:0:-1).

Architect Group

Mohawk Clans 2-1 Toiletdonia
Qazox 4-3 Tutlingburg
Delaclava 0-5 Teinohikira
1 Qazox 5 5 0 0 21 10 11 10
2 Delaclava 5 3 0 2 17 13 4 6
3 Teinohikira 5 2 2 1 16 13 3 6
4 Mohawk Clans 5 1 2 2 11 19 -8 4
5 Tutlingburg 5 1 1 3 18 19 -1 3
6 Toiletdonia 5 0 1 4 10 19 -9 1

Best third place records:
1 The Fanboyists 5 3 0 2 14 10 4 6
2 Teinohikira 5 2 2 1 16 13 3 6
4 Taeshan 5 3 0 2 15 14 1 6
-----------------------------------------------------------------
5 Western Cuba 5 3 0 2 8 10 -2 6
6 Sibirsky 5 2 1 2 11 13 -2 5
7 Shofercia 5 1 3 1 9 11 -2 5

Secristan ahead of Taeshan on coin flip. Sibirsky ahead of Shofercia on wins.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Teinohikira
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Teinohikira » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:45 am

The Teinohikira Chronicle

Teinohikira explodes, Borodin owns

After a crazy day yesterday, Teinohikira blows-out Delaclava 5-0! The first time Teinohikira has not allowed a point from it's opponet in the WCoH. With, Borodin, the same guy who got injuried and came back, scored a record of 4 GOALS! The most in Teinohikira's WCoH History! Teinohikira has regained their playoff hopes and qualifiy for the seeded play-in round. Teinohikira has a record of 2-2-1, Won 2, Tied 2, Lost 1, if Teinohikira wins 1 more game and Delaclava loses another, Teinohikira will be ranked #2 in their group! The play-by-play goes a little something like this!:

PERIOD 1:
Teinohikira-Alexei Borodin-RWF 17:46
Teinohikira-Alexei Borodin-RWF 14:21

END OF 1ST Teinohikira: 2 Delaclava: 0

PERIOD 2:
Teinohikira-Alexei Borodin-RWF 19:02
Teinohikira-Alexei Borodin-RWF 10:32

END OF 2ND Teinohikira: 4 Delaclava: 0

PERIOD 3:
Teinohikira-*Daylon Orali, Jorge Gamienville, Giovanni Stripes, Connor Sakillai-RDW, C, LWF, LDW 0:05

END OF 3RD Teinohikira: 5 Delaclava: 0

*All shot the puck in, but Daylon acctually hit it and made the goal.

Teinohikira celebrated the victory by "dousing" Coach Bilbo with the Gatorade. Alexei Borodin was the Player of the Game and MVP. "I played better than ever!" says Alexei Borodin. "I guess I play like a pro when i'm injuried! hehe!" Alexei Borodin suffered a broken leg and a busted head from yesterday's game, early this morning he came back to the Teinohikirian Team to revive Teinohikiria's dreams of going to the playoffs. Coach Bilbo says "We played great! So did Delaclava, they played tough and hard, we wish them luck in the rest of the competition and we're ready to have a rematch on Wednesday!" Teinohikira plays Tolietdonia tomorrow in hopes of winning. "I'd love to have a rematch against Tolietdonia!" says Teinohikira Goalie Jimmy Giles. "There a tough team and are full of suprises!" Teinohikira hopes to win against Tolietdonia in attempt to avenge the tie from Monday. "I hope to win, but Tolietdonia might suprise us." says Coach Bilbo. "They haven't won a game yet, but tomorrow that COULD change, they could start booming out of the starting gate like a full-powered Lokai horse, I was a former horse-rider you know." Teinohikira has rematches with all its past opponnets this weekend and next week.

For more scores, analisys, and highlights, go to page 3A

Adihan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Adihan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:46 am

Ad’ihan hockey team look for playoff berth

New Cleethorpes, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST— Ad’ihan may be facing a political crisis and impending general elections at home triggered by the sudden resignation of its prime minister after 20 days in office, but for a group of Ad’ihani citizens, that's the farthest thing from their minds.

The 30-strong national ice hockey squad of 20 players and 10 staff are in the city of New Cleethorpes in Quintessence of Dust, locked in a fierce battle with Secristan and The Babbage Islands for the right to qualify for the playoffs of the 12th World Cup of Hockey. Having played five games and with a 3–0–2 record — identical to both rivals — Ad’ihan currently place fourth in the tough group, with the worst goal difference based on games involving the three teams.

Considering that only the top two teams will qualify for the playoffs, and only the four best third-placed teams will get a shot at the final two knockout round slots, the 30 could probably be forgiven for not following the politics at home as closely as some of their countrymen are.

Having been drawn into the Group of Death, head coach Jules Zandro and his players knew what awaited. And they began on the right foot, a 2–1 win over The Babbage Islands — a "must-win game", according to Zandro before the game — followed by a 6–3 walloping of Silver Beach before they finally lost, to the world number 16 Secristan. A slim 1–0 win over South Norwega, the lone goal three minutes from time in the second period by Tristan Huot, followed by an expected 3–1 loss to the reigning champions Cassadaigua, sums up Ad’ihan's campaign so far.

Now, the 30 players and staff will face the exact same challenges once more, playing each team a second time. Zandro has picked out the match against Secristan as a must-win this time around, for they, at rank 16, are technically a weaker team than the 13th-ranked Babbage Islands which his team beat last time out. Of course, no one is expecting the 22nd-ranked Ad’ihan to come through, but if they do, it will be only the second time in the team's history they have made the playoffs, and for the 30 and maybe even the politicians at home, maybe this will be the time the team goes all the way.

Tarrentum
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarrentum » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:38 am

Excerpts from last night's Hockey Night in Tarrentum Broadcast

Play-by-Play Announcer: Kellese Dressalla; Color Announcer: Ebereth Sundern

"Good afternoon Tarrentum, I'm Kellese Dressalla and to my right, looking very daper today, is retired PHL defensemen Eberth Sundern."

"Hello Tarrentum. Hello Quintessence of Dust. It's always a pleasure to be on."

"Especially after that 1 - 0 win of Septentrionia yesterday."

"No doubt about it Kellese. The Falcons are pumped up I could see it in their skate-around this morning and as they were getting ready for the game also."

"It'll be a tough one today as the Tarrentum Falcons take on the Virabia National Team."

"No team nickname?"

"Umm," (shuffling papers) "no...just call themselves Virabi in all of their official publications."

"Well, too bad for them, I'd go with Uber-Maples or Super-Leafs."

"Leaves."

"Leave where?"

"Nevermind. After the commerical break we'll be speaking with the General Manager of Tarrentum Hockey, the great Flavius Florio. Also, a special report on the violent hooliganism from the Virabian hockey fans throughout the years."

"...urteen minutes left in the first period. Already two minors against the Virabi. The faceoff is to the right of Virabi goaltender Jerry Harvey. Puck is dropped, scrum for it, shoot out to Salamicchi near the blue line, over to Brossimi, centering pass! One-timer shot GOOOAALLLL!!!!! Josoni Saru with the first goal of the game and his first of the tournament!"

"Ohhh! Bake me a pie and call me home for dinner! What a goal."

"There you go with the pie again!"

"1:50 left on the Tarrentum Powerplay after the penalty against Virabi Defensemen Fred O'Reilly. Sallai holding the puck behind the net, setting up the attack. Moves out, carries it over the blue line, pass up to Brusconi. Brusconi, quickly passes it back to Sallai on the give-n-go. Sallai, brings it over the blue line, Virabi defenders closing. Fake pass by Sallai, sprints to the net, shot...GOOOAALLLL!!!! A beautiful goal from Maximo Sallai!"

"Someone bring that man a whiskey! He just roared into the Virabi defense and the Falcons are up 2 nil near the end of the first period."

"Sallai with the powerplay goal with 4:32 left in the period. Brusconi gets credit for the assist and -- oh! A fight has broken out between Virabi fans and some innocent Tarrentum fans...security is rushing over and it looks like the offenders are being led out."

"The Virabians need to take some vallium or the like."

"Tarrentum on the penalty kill after Robért Gradón's indescretionary use of his hockey stick. Faceoff in the neutral zone near the Tarrentum blue line. The ref drops the puck, skirted out to Jaxon Pike by Dylan Windich. Pike, brings it into the Falcons zone. Back to O'Reilly, O'Reilly over to Young. Young holds it gives it back to O'Reilly...one-timer goal for the Virabian National Team."

"Sama just couldn't pick it up with Jaxon Pike and teammates Raphael Phillipi and Enzo Salamicchi in front."

"The Virabi goal makes the count 2 - 1 in favor of Tarrentum."

"Tarrentum with 50 seconds left on the penalty kill. Virabi attacking down the right side as John Salo brings it over the blue line. Gianetti meets him and pokes the puck away. Gianetti, nifty move to get around Salo and he's taking the puck down the boards. Saru joining him in the center of the ice with one man to beat. Gianetti flips it on net, Harvey can't corral the rebound, back to Saru in front...GOOOAALLL!!!!"

"Oh my what a great shorthanded goal by the Falcons!"

"A terrific way to score points and demoralize the other team. There's 35 seconds left on the Virabian powerplay and now, down two goals, they really need to find some magic."

"Faceoff at center ice. Windich is switched with Toby Nona to take the faceoff. Nona wins the faceoff, 30 seconds left on the powerplay. The puck is back to Dan Cho, Cho up to Pike, 22 left on the powerplay clock. Pike, brings it over and dumps it around the boards to a waiting Nona. Nona, centering pass to Windich who shoots, great block by Sama there...rebound by Collins, goal! A powerplay goal for the Virabi who were able to easily answer back and keep this game close."

"Amazing determination and explosiveness out of the Virabi there. They are going to have to channel more of that as the game goes on."

"Garrison able to keep the puck in the Tarrentum zone. Passes up to Charlie Batt, Batt misplays the puck and it's taken by Erri Dommia, up to a lightning quick Rian Vallena who is on the breakaway! Vallena, over the blue line, dekes to the left...spins to his left! GOOOALLLL!!! Oh what a goal!"

"Scratch my back with a razorblade! A tremendous effort from Rian Vallena!"

"The lead is back to two goals with 45 seconds left in the second."

"Halfway point in the third. Virabi doing all they can to stay in this game. Sama has been near perfect all night. Patrick Chewings bringing the puck up the boards but he is called offsides. And he lays out Giuseppe Callista with an after whistle hit! Brusconi slams Chewings into the boards and the Virabian immediately drops the gloves..."

"3:36 left on the game clock. Tarrentum still up 4 - 2 over the Virabian National Team. Calarone has his checking line out there to keep the Virabi on their toes. Gradón with a great hip check on Harry Allison into the boards. Puck is lose in the neutral zone, picked up by Antili, Antili over to Feretti, Feretti brings it over the blue line and passes it back to Antili. Antili drops it for Gradón, who slaps it and....GOOOALLL!!!!"

"Five times a charm!"

"A heads-up goal by Robért Gradón and a heads-up assist by Marus Antili! The Falcons lead it 5 - 2."

"And there's the final buzzer and the Falcons stun the #24 ranked Virabian National Team 5 - 2. For the Virabian's the bright side is that only three different fights broke out in the stands and only one fight broke out between the teams."

"Definately gives new meaning to 'Going to a fight and a hockey game broke out'."

(Chuckling) "True enough Ebereth. The Falcons win this one and will definately move up in the Bracket Group standings. Tomorrow is another tough game against the Kelssekians who have only lost one game so far in a surprise upset by this very same Virabia team."

"Well if my math is correct if Virabia beat Kelssek, and we beat Virabia, then we should have a good shot at beating the Kelssekians."

"If you say so Ebbie! For Mr. Sundern, I'm Kellese Dressalla. Goodnight Tarrentum!"

Box Score

Scoring Summary
1st Period
6:11 TAR Josoni Saru (1) Wrist Shot - Assist: Michael Brossimi (3)
16:28 TAR PPG - Maximo Sallai III (3) Wrist Shot - Assist: Hielo Brusconi (2)
2nd Period
2:34 VIR PPG - Fred O'Reilly, Slapshot - Assist: Bobbers Young
5:58 TAR SH - Josoni Saru (2) Wrist Shot
6:12 VIR PPG - Mac Collins Wrist Shot
19:15 TAR Rian Vallena (1) Wrist Shot - Assist: Erri Dommia (1)
3rd Period
17:47 TAR Robért Gradón (1) Slap Shot - Assists: Marus Antili (1), Marco Antili (1)

Penalty Summary
1st Period
1:12 VIR Daniel Callahan: Boarding - 2 min.
3:44 VIR Toby Chowne: Tripping - 2 min.
10:04 TAR Marco Feretti: Hooking - 2 min.
15:58 VIR Fred O'Reilly: High-sticking - 2 min.
2nd Period
2:10 TAR Robért Gradón: Slashing - 2 min.
4:32 TAR Nero Udanna: Tripping - 2 min.
12:54 VIR Patrick Chewings: Roughing - 2 min.
3rd Period
10:03 VIR Patrick Chewings: Roughing - 2 min.
10:03 VIR Patrick Chewings: Fighting (major) - 5 min.
10:03 TAR Hielo Brusconi: Fighting (major) - 5 min.
10:03 TAR Giuseppe Callista: Instigation - 2 min.
13:14 VIR Viktor Carlson: Tripping - 2 min.

Shots on Goal
Team
Per 1
Per 2
Per 3
Total
Tarrentum915731
Virabia13121641

Saves
Team - (#) Goalie
EV
PP
SH
Total
TOI
Tarrentum - (39) Treppi Sama32 - 326 - 81 - 139 - 4160:00
Virabia - (27) Jerry Harvey21 - 245 - 60 - 126 - 3160:00
Last edited by Tarrentum on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantian Oceania - Islands for Everyone, even Crazy Carl!

Canamla
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Canamla » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:44 am

"Well Boys, you pretty much screwed it up, our only hope is that we suddenly start to play better, and another team startes to die." Coach said.

Everything is so horrible it's hard to describe. I think we just have to play as hard as we can until the next tournament.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:03 am

Andrew’s Blog

The World Cup of Hockey is halfway complete now, and we are one of three teams that have gone through the first leg with a 5-0-0 record, with the other two being Plutoni and Qazox. More importantly, we are feeling good as a team, playing well and have been able to keep from injuries. I don’t have much to say today, really, so this will be one of my shorter and more boring blogs as we come off a 3-1 victory over Ad’ihan. After a scoreless first period that may have felt more like a chess match then a hockey game, we were able to pull in front a minute into the second period as Megan Sommerville went five-hole on Patrick Freitag. Then later in the period and on the power play, we were able to double our lead as my sister rifled a point shot over the glove of Freitag to make it two-nothing. I got a secondary assist, but my more significant role on this goal was camping out in front of the net and setting up a screen in front of the goalie. I don’t believe that Freitag saw the puck leave Sammi’s stick, and when she unloads a slapper, if you don’t see it right away, and she’s on target, it’s in the net. We tightened up defensively and held the two goal lead until there were about five minutes left in the third period and Sean Buckley broke Melanie’s shutout bid. There were some tense moments after that as Ad’ihan pushed to the game, but we held strong. Expectedly, they pulled Freitag for an extra attacker with a little over a minute to go, and with the empty net, Danielle Castleberry fired it home from center ice with 19 seconds left to seal the victory and perfect first half of qualifying. There is no rest though as we prepare to play Secristan. One of the more difficult parts of playing them is their uniform, which really isn’t a uniform. I’m sure the rich people there are having quite a laugh at their expense. Despite their situation, roster makeup, and what they are forced to play in, they are 3-0-2, so they must be respected as a legitimate opponent.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Mohawk Clans
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mohawk Clans » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:25 am

"Alright, alright, settle down!" Larry shouted over the celebrating in the locker room" Great game everyone, Thomas great goal in the first and the third period. Guys, try and pick it up, we should have mopped the floor with them. Practice at 6, I am not letting you off because of one win. Now, Eagles on three. 1, 2, 3 Eagles!"

Cherry Cup Resurrection Runner-Up
WCOH 16 Runner-Up
Participated in:
WCOH 12,14,16,17, Cherry Cup Resurrection
Ranked 45th for WCOH

Secristan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:34 am

SDOS: TEAM MAY WEAR UNIFORM.... FOR NOW

Following a 3-0-2 start by the group of men being forced to play for the country in just their briefs as a punishment for failing to sign the nation up for the last World Cup of Hockey, the Secristan Department of Sports has announced that the team will now conditionally be able to wear a conventional hockey uniform, complete with proper padding. According to SDOS rep Erica Perrott, “They have earned the right. They have exceeded the expectations we had on them at the beginning of the tournament, and we are happy with the fact that they have actually won their last three games. Since they have been able to do that, we have decided that they may wear a uniform. People in Secristan have had their fun laughing at their expense but they have actually worked hard and tried to represent the nation with pride. As long as they do not have a losing record, they may wear the uniform. If the record drops below .500, then they will have to play in just their briefs again.” It is a rare occurrence that an announcement from the SDOS may have made people happy throughout the world, as there have been reports that the Millionaires (even though the players are anything but millionaires) have been a poor ratings draw for fans in Quintessence of Dust and neutral countries. It will still be the same team. One of the big stories has been the play of 42-year old goalie Darius Bartley, who has not allowed a goal since his identity was made public. In his last three games, he has three shutouts, coming against Ad’ihan, Silver Beach, and South Norwega, stopping a total of 107 shots in those games. Bartley admits that he did play hockey, and was a goalie, in middle school, but other then that hadn’t really played a competitive game. Because of his age, it is doubtful that he will find an international contract, but hopes that he can get endorsement deals out of it, especially now that he will be able to wear a uniform. He is not worried that the padding and new uniform will keep him from being as good as he had been in the last three games. We’ll see if he can keep it going, and if this unlikely team can continue to play well and actually make the playoffs!
WINNER of the 1st International Basketball Championships, 7th Di Bradini Cup, & the 4th World Lacrosse Championships!
RUNNERUP in Baptism of Fire 30 and World Baseball Classic 10.
HOST of World Bowl 6, International Basketball Championships 6, and Baptism of Iron 6. (Hosting a 6th version of something? Call us.) Also, World Baseball Classic 12 and World Lacrosse Championships 3.
Qualified for World Cups 49-52.

All arrogant, stuck-up, conceded or whatever comments I make in roleplay are always in-character and should not be interpreted as also being the out-of-character attitude of the person controlling the nation. My nation is my attempt to mock people I have to deal with often at work.

Toyur
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Toyur » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:44 am

Toyurska Sportnyhet

GOALS APLENTY
Toyur back in thick of it after 4-1 win
by Sven Magnusson

KYNYTHIN, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST (TP) - At the start of matchday 5, Toyur were on top of the 'best of the rest' table with 5 points, behind Euroslavia and Western Cuba in the Motor Group, being played out of the phenomenal Finntasia multi-purpose facility.

'It's a playoff spot, but not where we'd like to be at all,' commented head coach Viktor Brandin ahead of the final game of the first half of the group stage, a showdown with winless Tretskivucia. 'We want to qualify comfortably, and we want to gain some momentum.'

It was good for Brandin, then, that his team managed a 4-1 win over minnows Treskivucia. Two first period goals from Jansson and Axelsson were enough to secure the win, with Niklas Aspelin and Mattias Nylen scoring on either side of Tretskivucia's lone goal, which occured late on in the second period.

'We played much the same as we did against Krytenia,' Brandin said after the match. 'We weren't as urgent as I though we should have been though. We need to put some distance between us and the rest of the group, and I wanted to bring out the urgency that we'll need against Western Cuba next game. They are better than they were on matchday one.'

Toyur now sit second in the Motor Group, with a 3-1-1 record, good for seven points and second place. They do hold the best goal differential in the group, at +10, and have scored 20 goals, the most in the group and tied for second most in the tournament. The return game with Western Cuba can be seen on TSTV1.

Code: Select all
TOYUR vs Tretskivucia
SCORING SUMMARY

First Period

TOY S. Jansson (3) (Hjerstedt, Linderoth; 11:19 PP)
TOY O. Axelsson (1) (Brahe, Stenmark; 14:33)

Shots on Goal: Toyur 10 (10), Trestkivucia 6 (6)

Second Period

TOY N. Aspelin (2) (Holmberg, Silander; 9:52)
TRE Number 11 (Number 7, Number 19; 17:30 PP)

Shots on Goal: Toyur 9 (19), Tretskivucia 8 (14)

Third Period

TOY M. Nylen (1) (Mjallby, Rasmussen; 12:11)

Shots on Goal: Toyur 11 (30), Tretskivucia 8 (21)

Three Stars:
1. Niklas Aspelin (Toyur)
2. Stefan Jansson (Toyur)
3. Patrik Dahlin (Toyur)

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:19 am

Kieran Barker was a surprise starter in goal for the Stars in their 1-0 loss to Western Cuba. Sitting and sulking on the players bench was Matt Peterson.

Mark Browers benched his star goalie for intemperate remarks about Qazox and for what was described as "piss poor" play against Toyur in Sarzonia's 4-4 draw.

As the teams entered the dressing room for the first half intermission, Peterson and Browers got into a heated exchange.

"What the fuck is this about?" Browers shouted. "I'm the coach of this team and I'll decide who plays and who doesn't. You're the goalie, you play when I say."

"How about a little communication you arrogant fuck?" Peterson retorted. "I come in and find out five minutes before I put my fucking sweater on that I'm a healthy scratch? What the fuck is up with that?"

Barker was once again the victim of hard luck as Sarzonia fired 26 shots on goal and had a Sylvan Turcotte goal disallowed because Erik Weinert's skate was in the crease. Barker made 34 saves in the losing cause.

After the post-match speech from Browers and the usual set of interviews that had one notable absence, Browers was sitting in his office when Turcotte knocked on the door.

"Come."

Turcotte walked in.

"Coach?"

"Yes?"

"When did you decide to bench Matty?"

"Last night, why?"

"When did you tell him?"

"Five minutes before he was supposed to get dressed."

"You think that isn't a problem?" Turcotte asked. "Look, coach, we respect the hell out of what you've done with this programme, but in my opinion, that was really disrespectful to Matty."

"It is my decision, Sylvan."

"Hear me out, coach," he said. "We know it's your prerogative to play guys or not play guys, but if you're going to declare someone a healthy scratch for disciplinary reasons, we'd like to know what those reasons are."

"I believe Matt knows exactly where I stand."

"No he doesn't," Turcotte said. "If you'd called him last night and said, 'look, Matt. I'm making you a healthy scratch tomorrow because you shouldn't have said what you did about Qazox,' I'm sure he would have understood. He wouldn't have agreed with you because he's competitive, but he would not have created such a huge scene.

"And, if I may be so bold, you didn't exactly do yourself any favours with your response to him." Turcotte turned around and left Browers's office and the coach was left to think.

A couple of hours later, when he arrived at his hotel room, he picked up his mobile.

"Yes, coach?" a strained Peterson answered.

"Matt, I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I should have told you ahead of time why I made you a healthy scratch. I don't think I was thinking too clearly when I saw your comments about QSPN."

"Coach, I'm always going to be me. That includes saying what's on my mind whenever I see fit."

"I understand that. I still think you should have let sleeping dogs lie, especially in light of QSPN's paying the fines and settling those lawsuits out of court."

A few minutes later, Browers finally said something else.

"You're starting against Krytenia. I hope you're ready for those cyan wankers."

Turned out he was. Peterson made 23 saves and Sarzonia got two goals from Turcotte in their 3-1 victory. And for one day, at least, Sarzonia looked for all the world like a team that was heading in the right direction.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:35 am

Caleb Admele's Journal Entry Day 1507.

I'm still worn out over that game vs. Delaclava, but sitting on the bench and watching Francine (Hicks) in net, reminds me that hockey is a fast and beautiful game. Unless you've been on the ice, it's hard to describe, but someone once said for a goaltender, hockey is 59 minutes and 59 seconds of standing around and one second of terror. Whoever said that never played hockey (or did but not very well :) ). For me it seems like I'm in a tunnel and every time i see a jersey that's not the same color as mine, they shoot hubcaps at me. That's just me but I'm sure that some other goalies feel the same way.

Back to the game, Francine kinda had to deal with a physical crash after the Delaclava game as we just came out flat. Martin Kunze had 2 goals within the first 4 minutes of the game and we were down 2-0. Coach whispered to me to get ready to head in there, but we managed to cut the lead to 2-1 when Issac (Maynerd) scored with 20 seconds left in the 1st. That goal seemed to wake us up as Issac and Roy (Davis) quickly to open the 2nd period and we took the lead 3-2. Charles Worthington tied it up a 3-3 just before the end of the 2nd, but once again in the 3rd period we took the lead for good when Cassidy (Amos) scored about halfway through that period. Francine did settle down after that early blitz, stopping 28 shots overall.

Good news was our game was the last of the first half and we're 5-0, and only Cassadaigua and Plutoni are perfect, like we are, but they both have a better GD. But so far We've done better than 4 years ago when we went 7-3-0. If we win our first 3 games of the 2nd half, we'd all but qualify for the next round, and possibly get a good seed as well.

Still no word from the Qazoxian Embassy here In Quintessence of Dust about anything going in in Qazox. Suprisingly, the Qazoxian Embassies are open supposedly all over the world, but everything is done via video monitors or ChatBingo. So on our day off tommorrow, we're going to try to get into the Qazoxian Embassy and attempt to contact our families. I hope that we can, as we are all very homesick.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

The Fanboyists
Senator

Founded: Sep 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Fanboyists » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:08 am

Roll Tide Roll!

Well then.

Fallen defenseman Artie Weiss's pre-game pep-talk sunk in well. That much was obvious, tonight. The team had all clearly been affected by it. They'd been inspired.

Inspired. That's one thing.

This was just bloody massacre. This didn't even begin to pretend to be fair. It wasn't really Canamla's fault, they just had the misfortune to be on the receiving end when the Tide started rolling again.

And it was the hockey equivalent of a massacre. They played cleanly, but as physically as ever.

And they scored almost at will. Maarkus Stahlburg had accounted for a goal and two assists. Theo Braannur had a goal and an assist. Joe Quinn and Dani Andicek had a goal and an assist and two goals respectively. Kristin Maarks had a goal and an assist of her own to top it off. Honorius Skmyt rounded out the squad with an assist.

And Vaalhulm Aandrikson let in one goal all game. Given that 28 shots were fired his way, it was bound to happen. And that was one early in the second period. They never penetrated his defenses after that.

There was almost one fight, started after a hit that bordered on dirty by Quinn. For his part, Quinn showed great composure and refused to drop his gloves, and the refs quickly separated the two players, assessing a minor against the Canamlan. The ensuing powerplay accounted for Quinn's goal.

The game started with the Tide appearing dominant from the first drop of the puck. They won most of their faceoffs (they only lost three in the entire game), and less than half-way through the first period, Dani Andicek struck with her first goal, after taking a set-up from Stahlburg. The second period began with the score 1-0, Fanboyists.

Stahlburg struck quickly, taking an assist from Joe Quinn and backhanding the puck easily past Jacob Fredrickson. 2-0, Fanboyists.

A few minutes after that, about 8 minutes through the period, Mika Darrio managed Canamla's lone answer, taking a pass from Brian Taylor to thread it past Aandrikson. 2-1, Fanboyists still holding the lead.

Then came the powerplay, ending in Quinn taking an assist from Stahlburg, sweeping it past Fredrickson. 3-1 Fanboyists.

Then shortly before the second period ended (with fifteen seconds left, to be exact), Honorius Skmyt set up a beautiful pass to Dani Andicek, who hit her mark for the second time that night. 4-1, Fanboyists.

The third period was basically more of the same. The second line took over, and Theo Braannur and Kristin Maarks set each other up for third-period goals around mid-period. 5-1, and 6-1, Fanboyists.

The remainder of the game saw Aandrikson pulled to be replaced by Aandrik Stok. The fourth line of Cooper Durk, Thomas McKnight, and Skaade Saen-Vaalhulm kept the puck in their posession for most of the remainder, not giving the Canamlans even the slight hope of rallying.

The win righted the Iron Tide's damaged run for the cup, putting them squarely in third place in the group and in the lead for a wild-card berth. The win also gives them much-needed momentum going into what is sure to be a tough second-half to qualifiers, and it places them above .500 going into it. Not bad, but it could be better.
Last edited by The Fanboyists on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud member of the Ajax role-playing community!
Ottonia, Draakur, and Untsangazar in Ajax
Terefuxe, formerly Allamunnic States (NSSport)

"The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men." -Eric Flint, Belisarius II: In The Heart of Darkness

Tarrentum
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarrentum » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:51 am

There was no one from Tarrentum in the bar tonight, Giuseppe Calarone could see that clearly. He smiled to himself. The boys had a great game and yet they weren't down here celebrating, he knew where he could find them. He walked past the receptionists desk and headed down to one of the conference rooms Calarone had insisted the Tarrentum National Hockey Company rent every night during their WCoH stay.

He opened the door and smiled again. His whole team was there, watching tapes of Kelssek. Not just over their 1-0 loss to Kelssek a few days earlier but he could see other dvd cases which meant they had past World Cup of Hockey games they were going to watch.

Someone cleared their throat nearby. Calarone turned and saw that it was defensemen Giuseppe Callista, who had been sucker-checked in the game earlier against Virabia.

"How's it going Seppe?" Calarone said in hushed tones.

"Ahhh it's going. These Kelssekians are good but I think we have a chance." Callista replied.

"Of course we do, we've practiced enough, all of you are still studying now when you could be having your one drink and you're molding together as a team."

"Always the coach, huh?" Callista replied with a smile.

"Always the coach." Calarone answered.

The coach stood in the back a little while longer and watch the tapes with his men. He had seen the tapes many times preparing for international play. He had watched the same tapes this morning, after lunch, after practice and had finally relinquished them to Gianetti after his Captain told him they needed more time with them. Calarone had extras for all of his coaches so he had no problem giving them to the team.

Warm and fuzzy? Not for Calarone's emotions. He was feeling something completely different.

Assurance. And the realization that his boys were getting it together.

They were going to win.
Atlantian Oceania - Islands for Everyone, even Crazy Carl!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:03 pm

THE ROCKET REPORT

ESTRESSO INTENSO ROUT A CURE FOR ROCKETS?

High Jessieville, Quintessence of Dust- Well, not exactly, but it made for a nice catchy headline given the fact that Estresso Intenso is known more for the Landau Institute which is generally considered the most well-known hospital in the world. It was also a beautiful 8-3 victory for the Rockets, as the team put forth an effort that would make most outsiders think that the team was getting along just perfectly. Still, it is anything but a perfect clubhouse atmosphere despite the results. That is what everyone gets back to as the most important thing, as long as the team is getting wins. Newmanistan is 4-1-0 and in first place in High Jessieville’s Cuboid Group.

Backtracking a little bit, we must report that Jean-Paul Parentaux was indeed sent back to Newmanistan as a punishment for his DUI charge. Many think that the Quodite authorities are letting him off very easily, but that is more a statement of the differences that exist between the criminal justice systems of Newmanistan and in Quintessence of Dust. In the land of SLORC, the focus is much more on the rehabilitation of criminals then it is here where it is about punishing them and making them suffer. Parentaux probably should be happy that he will only have to do community service. Before catching a flight to Pocono City (by the way, one must really credit the sporting world for opening up easy non-stop flights between our two nations), Parentaux made a rather strange and very sarcastic comment making some believe if he was drunk once again. He said that, “I’m going to sue QSPN for millions of dollars over this. After all they seem to just give in and hand out money just with the threat of a lawsuit against them even if the other party never had a case against them.” When told that QSPN has had nothing to do with anything regarding our team, he told reporters that, “I’ll figure something out.” Parentaux did not have much to say about Trevor Anderson’s comparison of his hooking up with Jessica Brasfield, star pitch for the World Baseball Classic 15 champions, and the three women that Anderson referred to as “skanks”. Unfortunately, this has divided up the clubhouse with some players feeling as though Parentaux should still be allowed to part of the team, and some wanting Anderson to also get punished more seriously then he has been. Then there are others who feel Anderson has been punished too much, and yet others who feel that everything is just going right. Maybe all of these divisions make the team united in some weird sort of way. Whatever it is, the team is 4-1-0.

Prior to the romp over Estresse Intenso, Newmanistan defeated Cosumar by the score of 3-1. We spelled that correctly, right? Organizers of the Keisler Cup have told us that Cosumar officials are very serious about spelling the name of their nation properly, all while we’ve put up with Qazox’s frequent misspellings of our nation as Newmansitan. Perhaps we should be suing QSPN for hundreds of millions of dollars over that. In this game, 32-year old Darren Neuvirth of the Olympia Gladiators made his first international start playing in Parentaux’s vacated spot, and he made the most of his opportunity, picking up an assist on the game’s opening goal by Casey Vernace. The two of them seemed to have very good chemistry early on as they connected for Casey’s second goal of the game with just 3:09 remaining in the first to put the Rockets up by two. The checking line remained the best line on the ice during the scoreless second period as well, with Neuvirth’s forechecking ability certainly a great asset to the team. But when Cosumar scored in the third, the Rockets needed to respond, and that they did. The top line got the goal, with the patented wrist shot of Brett Stuart restoring the two-goal advantage, which is where the game would end. Newmanistan outshot Consumar 32-15 for the game and were 0-for 2 on the PP while Consumar was 0-for 1. After allowing seven PP’s to Taeshan (though killing all of them), coach Hennessy had to be happy about those numbers.

Things were without the drama heading into the game against Estresse Intenso, although Jessica Brasfield and Courtney Ratigan, both of the baseball team, were seen prior to the game with Anderson as well as Ryan Spencer. Brasfield blew a kiss for the cameramen the spotted her, but did not comment then, but did after the game, saying simply, “Don’t you all have anything better to do? Does it really have to be one of these tabloid things? I’m friends with Trevor. He’s 22 and single. I’m 23 and single. Get over it.” We would have an easier time doing that, Jessica, if Trevor had generally seemed as though this tournament had his main focus. Anderson did not score against Estresse Intenso, but his three assists certainly were valuable for the team, who scored five goals in the first period. The first came just 13 seconds into the game, and it was one of Anderson’s assists, setting up a one-timer for a goal by Brett Stuart. At 1:48 of the period, Matt Kalinski deflected home from Patrice Lemieux to make it 2-0. It stayed there for a little bit until Casey Vernace and Jacques Carpentier scored with a minute of each midway through the period. Then with two minutes left in the first, Stuart fired home his second of the night to make it 5-0. The Rockets outshot their opponents 16-2 in the period, but in the second, they clearly began to sit on the lead and get sloppy. Estresse Intenso took advantage of this scoring two goals five minutes into the period to make coach Hennessy call his timeout to get the team to regroup. It was great use of the timeout, and after it, the Rockets dominance was restored, and the team even got a goal late in the period from Jamie Gilroy to make sure of that. In the third, the Rockets extended the lead to 8-2 on goals by Slava Kolosov and Ryan Spencer, before Estresse Inenso got one late. The Rockets outshot their opponents 43-20 in the game, and were 2-for-4 on the power play while Estresse Intenso was 0-for-4.

Hopefully this win will serve as the medicine to get the team to begin to look more like a team should instead of bunch of cliques within the locker room. Robert Hennessy thinks that it might, “Eventually, I think the fact that we are winning will take over. I think it already is, the worst part of the storm has passed us by, I think.” He thinks. We hope.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Toiletdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Toiletdonia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 pm

"How did that team pwn us?"

"I don't know."

"Well who do we hire?"

"To do what?"

"Be our new attackman none of them are good."

"We are good."

"no you suck."

"Okay it's true."

"Who do you think we can hire?"

"Jerome Daniels is a good player for the boars."

"Maybe..."

"Or what about Geuys Sporon?"

"Nah he not as good as what were looking at."

"Wait a sec. We need a strong man."

"Yes. And a man who can make good tactics."

"Wait are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Eat a pie go to bed?"

"No we need the god of tactics."

"You do't mean..."

"Yes!"

"HIM!"

"YES!"

"But he isn't exactly the hockey build."

"He's not but he is wise and has the power to freak people out."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes our new captain and attackman is: THE EXILOR!"

*Clunk*

"I HEARD MY NAME!"

"Hooray!"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

"We need you to be our new captain."

"I ACCEPT!"

"Yes!"

"LETS CELEBRATE!"

"Okay lets drink beer and wreck this hotel!"

"NO WE MUST DRINK ONLY TAP WATER!"

"Oh god not another party-pooper."

"I AM NOT!"

"Well okay tap water it is then."

"OK THEN WE PREP FOR HE MATCH AND THEN HAVE AN EARLY NIGHT."

"How early?"

"7:30!"

"Geez."

"Yeah what he said."

"WELL I AM SIX."

"Hey I never noticed that he is young!"

"No matter he is our key to victory so just do what he says."

"Yes boss."

"I'm not the boss he is you y00p."

"CAN I HAVE A WARM MILK AND A BEDTIME STORY PLEASE?!"

"Yes sure you can..."
Trust member in Taltos industry!
10th December 2009-10th December 2010!
I do weddings! And I'm probably official as well!
I'm English and not very proud of it!
Writer Emeritus of F7's most Godawful play. Thanks for the title Nana.
Astronaut
Finance manager
Hallucinater
Trust member in Taltos industry
Priest
Jalanat wrote:Or like that time I misheard something my mom said about the rain and I thought that rain was made of dirty goats for 5 months.

Jalanat wrote:I hope you weren't trying to call me a reindeer, we mooselike are a hundred times better than the reindeerlike. Stupid reindeers. Oh, look at me, I am a reindeer, look at my not so big antlers which look ugly compared to mooses, oooh look at me, I am a reindeer, I am flying in the sky pulling a fat man in red clothes in a sled.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 pm

"Welcome back to yet another post-game discussion and analysis of the 12th Annual World Cup of Hockey!"
"You seem very excited Mike. It's only a draw."
"Yes, but a draw against Valanora, the fourth ranked team, the group leaders! And what a game it was. But first, let's take a look at the charts, midway through the qualification round:

Quintessence of Dust wrote:Fork Group

Sorthern Northland 6-2 Mantwenic
Shofercia 2-2 Valanora
Eizen 2-1 Antarctistan
1 Sorthern Northland 5 4 1 0 19 8 11 9
2 Valanora 5 3 2 0 20 11 9 8
3 Shofercia 5 1 3 1 9 11 -2 5
4 Eizen 5 1 2 2 11 13 -2 4
5 Mantwenic 5 1 1 3 8 16 -8 3
6 Antarctistan 5 0 1 4 5 13 -8 1

Best third place records:
1 The Fanboyists 5 3 0 2 14 10 4 6
2 Teinohikira 5 2 2 1 16 13 3 6
4 Taeshan 5 3 0 2 15 14 1 6
-----------------------------------------------------------------
5 Western Cuba 5 3 0 2 8 10 -2 6
6 Sibirsky 5 2 1 2 11 13 -2 5
7 Shofercia 5 1 3 1 9 11 -2 5

Secristan ahead of Taeshan on coin flip. Sibirsky ahead of Shofercia on wins.

Team Shofercia remains a single victory away from the vaunted playoff spot. But it should be noted, that Team Shofercia was the only other team to draw against Valanora, which was the group leader before the game. And I believe that Shofercia can defeat Southern Northland, that we can get our revenge in the upcoming game."

"Well we need to start winning Mike. Otherwise we might be eliminated. On the other hand, tonight's game, albeit a draw, was the best game that Team Shofercia played, yet. *knock on wood* Let's see how it all unfolded:

Period one was not good for Shofercia, with the exception of goaltender Catnip. Shofercia tried to check and outwork Valanora, but it didn't stop Valanora from scoring twice, and outshooting Shofercia 21-8. Catnip was sensational, stopping shots coming in from unbelievable angles.

Than came period two. Shofercia's counter. Shofercians figured out that by keeping a bit more distance between themselves and the Valanoran players, they could check, and intercept the puck. There was a lot more pressure, and a lot more work ethic. At the end of the second period, the Tiger Line finally broke the deadlock and shot the puck passed the Valanoran goaltender. The audience erupted in cheer, rooting for the underdog. The shots favored Shofercia, at 8-12. Ivanov was the goalscorer, with assists from Ushastik and Milikov.

The third period was the most exciting. For the first ten minutes the teams played a back and forth, a fast paced hockey game that everyone likes to watch. 5-7 in shots, in favor of Shofercia. And then came the Shofercian onslaught. It happened when the Valanorans were caught on a change, Shofercia's Torpedo Line entered the offensive zone, and didn't want to leave. Quick passing, rapid shots, rebounds, passing, more shots, Valanora was under pressure, and for the first time in the game, was at a loss. The Rocket Line was able to replace the Torpedo Line, while keeping the puck in. The pressure continued.

Aleksandrov to Pashkov - shot - post. Puck is picked up by Koper, to Turchinsky, to Harding, shot, just wide of the net, Pashkov throws it on the net, iced by the Valanoran defenseman. Timeout Valanora. The crowd is cheering. Shofercians are drenched with sweat, and playing their game. Faceoff in the offensive zone. Won by Bomb. To Adamov. Blocked shot, and Valanorans are on the attack. Shot - save Catnip. He plays it to Smit. Passes it across the ice to Kashpirsky. Back across towards Adamov, intercepted by Valanora, stolen back by Shen, to Bomb, he enters the zone, passes to Adamov - shot - GGOOOAAAALLLLL!"

"And after that both teams began playing a bit more cautiously. But at the last minute, it was very lively:

Valanorans are on a breakway. Two of them. Fake shot - pass - shot, SAVE CATNIP! Basil just kept Shofercia in the game. He plays it to Bren. Bren a touch pass to Sergeev. He enters the offensive zone, dekes past a Valanoran player, 2 secs left, shot - save Valanora. Ohh, what a heartbreaker."

"That might be one, but if we played all of our games like we played the last period against Valanora, outshooting them 11-6. Total shots, 35-31, in favor of Valanora. We now go to our Rovin' Reporter - Lara, who is most likely drunk at the moment."

"I am not! *hic* Ok maybe a little. The atmosphere is lively at the SSF bar. Towards the last ten minutes of the third, especially after that goal, everyone stood and cheered on Team Shofercia. There may yet be hope. *hic* Excuse me."

"And you're excused. We now take you to Ozerov for the commentary."

"We played a damn good game. Throughout the first round, we gained a ton of experience. We got our second wind as a team, and that is crucial. It's going to be vital to not get excited, but at the same time use that second wind in the game against Southern Northland. I think we can do it and get our REVENGE! Also, I told playing Catnip would be a great gamble" :D
Last edited by Shofercia on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Toiletdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Toiletdonia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:51 pm

"Hello and welcome to Toi Sport AM. The only show which gives you all the coverage from Toiletdonian sport. Today we review Toiletdonia's defeat to Mohawk Clans 2-1. This defeat see's Toiletdonia fall to the bottom of he group in so far what has been a very disappointing run."

"Yes it has been Jeff they're losing to minor, minor teams which has disappointed all the fans they were in floods of tear as we lost and I can't put up with this much more. Then the typical after match riot of course happened. What are your thoughts on it Bob?"

"Well Jim as a retired I can see that all Toiletdonia are lacking is a good tactical attackman. That's what they need. The problem is with most players these days is the fact they don't have the intelligence for tactics. Players need to know every aspect of their position not just how to score goals. The defenders in the Toiletdonian squad seem to be quite intelligent but really that is not enough."

"So are you saying that Toiletdonia should put a defender upfront? I guess that could work with the players they have but still it takes a lot to change positions in Ice hockey."

"Your right really Toiletdonia need a new attackman and that problem is just going to grow until they fix it."

"You see that where I disagree I've seen a couple of the players and they have said they now have a new attackman lined up. They also say that he has no prior experience which worries me."

"Yes for hockey you need someone who knows the sport and well so having a completely new person to the team in the squad is probably the greatest risk they could takes and I don't know if it will pay off. I hope it does but I still think this is a team that needs to get back on it feet and fight for a place in the second round."

"In all fairness I have a feeling that they will struggle for that qualification place even if they won the rest of the games they would still have to have some luck thrown in for good measure."

"Your right but as a team they really should have done better then they have already and should be miles ahead of last in the group. I think we could still be in for an exciting scrap."

"This really reminds me of the football world cup. The Toiletdonian side should have done much better yet they finished quite low down in the group. I think the hockey teams has more of a chance of qualifying though."

"I think your right the Toiletdonian hockey team is still in it to win it as far as I'm concerned but really they should be doing better end of story."

"Well if you have an opinion let it known. phone 453 CATS 089 and tells us what you think you might be put through to us and we will answer your call and you could be on television."

"Well be back after the break until then get calling!"
Trust member in Taltos industry!
10th December 2009-10th December 2010!
I do weddings! And I'm probably official as well!
I'm English and not very proud of it!
Writer Emeritus of F7's most Godawful play. Thanks for the title Nana.
Astronaut
Finance manager
Hallucinater
Trust member in Taltos industry
Priest
Jalanat wrote:Or like that time I misheard something my mom said about the rain and I thought that rain was made of dirty goats for 5 months.

Jalanat wrote:I hope you weren't trying to call me a reindeer, we mooselike are a hundred times better than the reindeerlike. Stupid reindeers. Oh, look at me, I am a reindeer, look at my not so big antlers which look ugly compared to mooses, oooh look at me, I am a reindeer, I am flying in the sky pulling a fat man in red clothes in a sled.

Tutlingburg
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tutlingburg » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 am

Home Local International Business Sports Entertainment

Today's Top Stories-Sports
Updated at 03:15 TEDT

Tutlingburg Falls To Group Leader Qazox

Tutlingburg blew another early lead yesterday and lost 4-3 to Qazox yesterday. After Martin Kunze scored two goals in two minutes in the first, Qazox roared back with goals from Issac Maynerd(2) and Roy Davis to take the lead 3-2. Charles Worthington tied it up late in the second, but Cassidy Amos put Qazox up for good in the middle of the period. Francine Hicks, the Qazox backup, played great this being her first start
in this Cup. Tutlingburg's next opponent is Delaclava, who beat Tutlingburg 6-2 in the Cup opener.

World Cup of Hockey Ratings Better Than Expected

The Tutlingburg Television Network(TTV) released it's ratings from the first few games of the World Cup. Pre-Cup estimates put ratings at 10-15 million viewers for Tutlingburg Cup games and 3-6 million for games involving other Cup participants. TTV, however has been experiencing viewership ranging in the 20-25 million viewers for Tutlingburg Cup games and an astonishing 10-15 million for games involving other participants."We didn't expect this kind of viewership and it comes as a pleasant surprise considering the hour at which these games are presented live." said Daniel Morin, head of Sports Programming at TTV
Tutlingburg Embassy Program

My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90

Teinohikira
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Teinohikira » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:58 am

Teinohikira Practice Session 3 HOURS 45 MINUTES TIL GAMETIME

"Hey Alexei! I'm open!" yelled Jorge with his hand up.
Alexei hit the puck towards Jorge, who did a 360 spin and hit the puck in the net.

"Whew! sighed Alexei wiping his forehead. "We're gettin' better and better!"
"Yeah i'll say!" said Coach Bilbo. "We may beat Tolietdonia this time!"
"What if we don't? asked Jimmy.
"Dude, don't be so negative!" yelled Daylon.
"Sorry." replied Jimmy.
"If we don't, there's always next time!" said Coach Bilbo.
"You mean the 13th World Cup of Hockey?" asked Giovanni.
"Yeah, we're signin' up for that!" replied Coach Bilbo. "Gives us a chance to get to the finals if it don't happen this time!"
"Hey, maybe we can beat Qazox this time!" said Connor.
"Yeah, If we're lucky!" said Alexei.
"Alright guys, go rest up in the locker room and i'll be there to give you a pep talk in 30!" commanded Coach Bilbo.
"Okay!" replied Connor.
"Got it!" said Alexei.
"Pantalones!" said Jorge, following the rest of his teammates.
"What?" asked Giovanni.

Teinohikira Locker Room 3 HOURS 15 MINUTES TIL GAMETIME

"Alright guys, I want you to play tough! said Coach Bilbo. "I know ourlast few games have been great and I believe you can win the one!"
"If you believe enough, and believe in yourself and the team, we can win."
"Tolietdonia may be tough, and haven't won a game yet, but we can beat them!
"But the point is, If you can Believe enough, we can win!" said Coach Bilbo.
"Don't let this game slip, even though Tolietdonia hasn't won a game yet, they could still beat us!"
"We won't!" yelled the entire team.

Teinohikira
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Teinohikira » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:21 am

Teinohikira Locker Room 3 HOURS TIL GAMETIME

"Man, I hope we win today!" said Jimmy.
"It would be cool if we beat everyone this week." sighed Alexei.
"We could, except Qazox." said Daylon.
"Well, that's true." replied Alexei. "They are the best team in our group."
"The only easy wins for us are Tolietdonia, Mohawk Clans, Tutlingburg, and Delaclava." stated Connor.
"Yup, Qazox is a hard win." said Jorge.
"Let's hope we win today." prayed Giovanni.
"Yeah, and lets hope Delaclava loses and we get the #2 spot in the ranks!" yelled Coach Bilbo.
"YEAH!!!" shrieked the whole team.

Suddenly, the whole team's and Coach Bilbo's stomaches were growling

"Damn, when was the last time we ate?" asked Alexei.
"About, 10 hours ago!" said Coach Bilbo.
"What time does the concession stands open?" he asked.
"2 hours before the game." stated Connor.

Then, Coach Bilbo took out his cellphone

"I'll order pizza." he said dialing on his cellphone.
"Yeah! Pizza!!" yelled Giovanni.
"Can't Giovanni make the pizza?" asked Alexei. "I mean, he's Italian."
"YOU RACIST!!" Giovanni yelled pointing his finger at Alexei.
"Dude I'm just kidding!" said Alexei.
"Oh." murmered Giovanni.
"I don't know how to make pizza."
"aww, I love homemade pizza!" cried Jimmy.
"Oh well, Domino's pizza is better!"
"And it'd go great with some Moo Maid Milk and Pepsi!" yelled Coach Bilbo.
"YEAH!!!" screamed everyone.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports