NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 38- Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:48 am

Game Two of Super-Llamaland/Schiltzberg Rematch Series

Super-Llamaland 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0  3
Schiltzberg 0 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 X 4

Schiltzberg was devastated after losing the very, very dramatic Game One to Super-Llamaland in Super-Llamaland, giving Super-Llamaland a huge advantage in the series, and putting Schiltzberg's back against the wall, as it risked losing the rematch to Super-Llamaland, which would take away from the legitimacy of Schiltzberg's fourth WBC title. The purpose of this rematch was to see which team was truly the best, as Super-Llamaland and Schiltzberg have seemed to emerge as the best teams of the modern era of World Baseball Classic baseball, as one of the two teams have won seven of the last ten WBCs, and they have combined for nine total appearances in the WBC finals over that ten-year stretch, including last year's WBC, where they squared off against one another. They have become huge rivals, and they seem to be fairly evenly matched. They had only previously met twice, and the first time was in the Round of Sixteen of WBC 34, where Super-Llamaland won, and the only other time was in the WBC finals of WBC 37, where Schiltzberg won, but it took the maximum amount of games. The teams needed to settle the score, and that was what this rematch series was all about. Many predicted that one of the two teams would sweep the series, but fittingly, the two teams split the first two games, forcing the third game. It is ironic, because the purpose of this series was to prove which of the two teams is better, but in the end, it is just proving even more so just how evenly matched the two squads are. Both of the games have been extremely close, with Game One going into the fifteenth inning, and Game Two being decided by only one run.

Schiltzberg came in knowing that they had to win or else their reputation would be spited, and if they were going to lose, they especially could not lose at home, which would be embarrassing, and would also be a sweep. It was closer than the Schiltzbergers would have liked, but it was a win, and in the end, that is all that matters. Super-Llamaland had several early scoring chances, and they executed on them, but probably should have scored more than they did. Schiltzberg's pitcher David Toups did well to get out of jams, and he left the game after the top of the seventh inning with the game tied 3-3. Super-Llamaland was the first on the board with a solo home run in the second inning, and then the following batters hit back-to-back singles with two outs, but the first runner was thrown out at third, trying to bite off more than he could chew, so to speak. In the third inning, the Super-Llamaland crew got off to a good start, tripling to start out the inning, and then the runner scored after a sacrifice fly. The next batters then doubled and then walked, respectively, but the inning ended when the Schiltzbergers turned a 6-4-3 double play. The Super-Llamaland squad once again had a scoring chance the next inning, starting off with a walk and then a single, which got the first runner to third. Schiltzberg then allowed a run to score, but doubled the Super-Llamaland players off, getting a 4-6-3 double play. The next runner struck out, and the inning was over, the score being 3-1. Toups stayed in the game for three more innings, and he did not give up any more runs in that time. He was relieved after the seventh inning with the score tied at three runs, but was credited with the win, since the Schiltzbergers scored in the bottom half of that inning. Doug Miller replaced Toups in the eighth inning, and threw a perfect six-out save, clinching the victory for Schiltzberg to tie the series at one game each.

Schiltzberg did not get the early lead, and they seemed to be fighting from behind from the start, until all of a sudden they came back and were in control of the game at the very end. It was a surprising come from behind victory, because the Schiltzbergers seemed to have their backs against the wall in the first half of the game, and they couldn't get anything going, while Super-Llamaland, on the other hand, was hitting like crazy and was just barely being restrained from breaking away and having a big inning. Super-Llamaland took a quick one-run lead, which as quickly became a two-run lead. Manual Villegaus hit a solo home run in the third inning, but Schiltzberg did not get any more hits that inning, and was shut down, despite the home run. Super-Llamaland scored again, making it 3-1, and it seemed like Schiltzberg may be out of it. The Schiltzbergers never give up though, and suddenly and shockingly took the lead without warning, when Mark Daly was hit by a pitch and then Ducky FItzhugh hit an enormous two-run home run to take the lead. The Schiltzbergian crowd of Royal Dome, which had been silent, erupted in screams, and they knew that the Schiltzbergers were going to fight back and get the win at that point. The Schiltzbergers did fight back. They got two hits in the sixth, but were unable to score. In the seventh, they loaded the bases, and then Thomas Saiz hit a one-out sacrifice fly to take the lead. The Schiltzbergers were not able to score any runs after that, but luckily, they did not need to, as Schiltzberg's pitching got back on track and shut out the Super-Llamaland crew for the last five innings of the game.

Schiltzberg came back and tied the series, but it is not over yet. The final game will be in Super-Llamaland, and it will be the deciding game. The momentum is currently in Schiltzberg's favor, but that could all be changed with one pitch, one swing, or one really good play made by the very, very qualified Super-Llamaland team. Which way will the scale tip after Game Three? Find out tomorrow with the next issue of the New Schiltzbierg Times.

This Is Your New Schiltzbierg Times Sports News!
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Frenlinian Factation

Article A
12/17/16

Anacondas Remain Undefeated, Handle Korizland
-Parker Tinwit

After going into their first three games and coming out undefeated, the Anacondas were ready to roll over their next opponent, Korizland, on their way to going a respectable four and oh. And boy did they. After a seven run first in their previous game, the Anacondas traveled home to face off against the Korizland Hydras in a match that thye couldn't lose. Thankfully, the Anacondas decided that scoring runs was something they wanted to make a habit out of, and they came out swinging. Yes, that pun was intentional. I await your letters.

After the first inning numbers the Anaocndas put up, the home town crowd was anxious to see if they could do the feat again. It looked like a good start when Lain cracked off a solid double on the third pitch of the at-bat. However, the Anacondas' engine stalled after that, as Dredge struck out looking, and Haman grounded out to the first baseman on a close play, and Manteis flew out to right field. Greator dominated the Korizland line-up, cutting through all three of the first batters like a knife through butter. The first two found themselves on the business end of a curveball that seemed to have more curves than a graph of x3 and the third couldn't get more than a little inflield blooper, ending the first with an even score, but momentum clearly in the Anacondas' favor. However, neither team could get anything started during the second, as they both went down one-two-three, with three total strike-outs that inning. However, the Anacondas would threaten havily in the bottom of the third.

It started when Hector singled through the gap in between the shortstop and third baseman, just slpping past the shortstop's outstretched glove. Greator flew out, preventing Hector from moving up. Lain then followed that up with his second hit of the match, another double that moved Hector easily to third base, but the throw prevented him from gaining the Anacondas' first run. However, Dredge and Haman both got out, ending the Anacondas' third inning while stranding two on base. WHen the fourth came around, however, the Anacondas found a way to crack through the Korizland pitching and scored four runs. Manteis led off the inning with a walk on just five pitches. This seemed to slightly rattle the pitcher, and his very next pitch was a curveball that curved about as much as a graph of y=1. This lazy pitch hung over the plate in the perfect spot for Trifort, his hands ready to crack the ball into the stadium's upper deck. As the pitch approached, Trifort swung the stick, crushing the ball with a defeaning crack off the bat as both the crowd and the bench waited, on their feet, with bated breath as the ball flew towards the wall. Suddenly, the crowd was hotting and hollering,and the bench had cleared, as the entire stadium witnessed the first runs of the game scored by a massive two run blast that flew well into the upper deck out in left field. The Anacondas had finally managed to put two runs on the board, and they werent done just yet.

Following the blast from the bat of Trifort, Jehosez cracked off his own hit, this one staying inside the park, bouncing off the right field wall for a double. Defelt then followed that up with a hard single that scored another urn for the Anacondas, giving them a 3-0 lead. Hector was then walked, and the Hydras' manager came out to talk to Darnell. After a short meassage, the manager went bakc to the dugout. The talk didn't seem to do much, however, as Greator crushed a ball deep that landed, bringing him to second. Defelt came in from second for the run, but a throw on rails managed to catch Hector out at the plate, giving the Anacondas one out with a 4-0 lead. Greator would, unfortunately, be caught stealing on the next pitch, and Lain would hit a two out single. However, the Anacondas' inning would come to the end in the next three pitches, as, on a 2-0 count, Dredge would fly out to center field.

Korizland would score their only run during the fifth with a one out walk, followed by a double that allowed the runner to come around and score. The Anacondas wouldn't find an answer in the bottom, but they would get the Hydras to do a pitcher change when Manteis singled and Trifort was hit by a pitch. This caused the Korizland manager to bring in Dentley to help quell the rising tide. He would do that when Jehosez hit into a 4-5-3 double play, but the next inning would not go so smoothly. At first, it seemed like it would, as Defelt struck out swinging and Hector was down with two strikes and a ball. However, Hector managed to find a pitch he liked and turn it into a double. Greator would then also strike out, but the Anacondas decided they were not done with the inning yet. Lain stepped up to the plate with a confident swagger, one that would prove fruitful. The pitcher and batter locked eyes, sizing each other up, before the ball was delivered at the plate. The ump stayed silent, the murmured, ball. The next pitch was up, but Lain decided he liked what he saw. The ball cracked off of his bat, and the crowd once again erupted in cheers as the final two nails were placed in the Hydras' coffin. Neither team did anything in the last three innings, aside from one hit in the eigth by a Hyrda batter, but it ended up in a double play anyway. The game drew to a close, and the Anacondas found themesleves four and oh.

The Anacondas play tonight against The Serbian Empire, a team looking to upset the Anacondas' thus perfect run.

Korizland               0 0 0   0 1 0   0 0 0    1  2   0
Frenline Delpha 0 0 0 4 0 2 0 0 X 6 10 0

W: Greator (1-0) L: Darnell (0-1)
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Scootalove City Unicorns stadium

Scootalove City Unicorns statum is unsurprisingly a stadium in Scootalove city. Originally designed for other sports like snowball fights, it is now the home of the Scootalove City Unicorns.

Scootalove city being 30 KM away from Muffin City and named for Former Leader Rainbow Dash's sister relationship with her 'little goofball' Scootaloo.

Seats 50,143, retractable roof, Cannonball transport system set up right next to the building, food court with a "meat" section and a not "meat" section, window boxes and, a bar.

Has also a gift shop with convenient currency exchange to Awesomes.

Notable guests include: for Game one, Sitting Leader Gordon Freeman and everyone in the "office ladder". For game two, All members of the The senate, every game up to game 6, WA ambassador Silver Zephyr and Colonel Star Butterfly plus her 2,000 troops.

Her excellency, WA ambassador Silver Zephyr and Colonel Star Butterfly have both become massive fans of Amalthea 'The Last Unicorn/ Princess Leia' Beagle, owning a jersey of her number and several plushies. Game 7 has Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash planing to come.

There mascot is the Doofy Unicorn, a unicorn with a tongue sticking out with a donut and a lampshade on her horn.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinzenland
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinzenland » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Nation Relieved As Convicts Lose

After winning two of their first three games, the Convicts are starting to put some fear into the Kinzen populace, almost as if they were already free. With the victories, we know that two of the players will become free citizens at the end of the tournament, and word as it that they players themselves will choose. There was a lot of speculation that there were lesser offenders placed on the team just in case they did win a game or two, and that someone like Zack “Roll ‘em” Rollins, who ran a large marijuana distribution ring would be one of the first ones freed. After all, there are many nations out there where Rollins could do what he did, legally. Manager Chris Bryant said that there was some hope that the players would allow for him to choose, but tells us that the Convicts are adamant about picking, “The players want to choose. It is not what I really want, but I am out there managing this team, and I am seeing them really want to win these games. We know why they are motivated, but I feel like a baseball manager now and not just a corrections officer.” We also asked Bryant if he felt there would be a chance that the fans could rally behind them, “Maybe if they make it to Newmanistan, there will be some people that decide to support them, but we know that’s a far fetched idea that will never happen. A respectable finish will make the hungry for the next World Baseball Classic because they will want to see how our real baseball players could do.”

In recent games, the Convicts fell to Cosumar, 3-1 on the road, then were beaten badly, 7-1, by the defending champions as they made their way to Taylorsville for the first time. Many in the stands were excited about seeing the top ranked team in action right here on our own turf, and the game was a quick sell out. At 2-3, the Convicts are actually in the thick of the race for second right now.

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:00 pm

There were rumors that the pitching staff of the Imperial national team hated each other, and if one were to head inside their locker room for a firsthand look, they would see that those rumors were mostly true. Arianne Venczel had been the star of the Underfell Storm and had led them to back to back titles alongside her friend and fellow pitcher Domotor Marian, but then the Storm had traded for Leif Erlunder and made the flamethrowing former basketball player their undisputed ace with a big contract to match his status. Domotor was unhappy about getting bumped to third in the rotation, even as the Storm rolled past Ross for their third straight championship, and Arianne told the team that it was either her or Leif and forced a cash trade to Sungri, the team that they had defeated in the final during their first two titles as a group.

The situation should have been over, but since the three pitchers were all national team members, they found themselves having to work together against their will to represent the country. And that wasn't even bringing Marian's complaints into the equation, after he was moved up to the number two spot in the Storm rotation when Arianne left. The dispute between players was quickly turning ugly, as Rohan Narang learned when he entered the team hotel's dining area in the morning for breakfast and found the pitching staff involved in an argument about how Arianne had abandoned her team and led to their streak of titles being snapped by Ferraria just before the Classic began.

"You led your team for two seasons and signed a six year contract and then bailed!" shouted Leif, shaking his long hair out of his face and scowling at his former teammate. "You don't have a right to complain about my leadership!"

"I have every right to complain, you're the team captain for Christ's sake! You're supposed to be the big leader in the locker room, and all you've done for us is lead us to two losses already! Including one against the unranked Free Republics!" Arianne shouted back. "I have a right to demand a better leader. You aren't captain material, for Underfell or for the national team."

"Says who? You? Like I said, you don't have the right to complain after leaving the Storm high and dry after we built our roster around keeping you. We handed you a hundred million mark contract and tied up a ton of our budget in you, only for you to leave. Who are you to say I need to be a better leader?"

"I, for one, think you could do a better job," said Devon Patil. "You're not doing the best job of rallying the team or leading by example. Sorry, I have to be honest. We've had better captains in the last couple tournaments-"

"Are you sure that you aren't just bitter that my team took two rings from yours?"

Arianne couldn't believe that Leif had just went there. "Hold up! It wasn't your team when we took down the Foxes back to back! It was my team and Domotor's team and Eric Bystrom's team, but it was not your team at all! You were still playing in the outer colonies and missing the postseason when we beat Sungri. Don't steal my glory."

"Hey guys, why don't we calm down? Let's focus on national team matters and not our club teams," said Rohan, trying to be the peacemaker.

"Why don't you stay in your lane?" snapped Arianne, but by then, Leif left.

"I'm out of here. Tell coach that I'm resigning as captain... This stupid title never interested me anyway," he replied, and with that, the players returned to eating breakfast before they'd head out for their next game.
THE EMPIRE OF GREATER ANGLATIA: Partially retired loner
Sports Victories: Sporting World Cup II, Beach Cup XII, Emperor's Cup I Champions and Emperor's Cup II Runner Ups, Sporting World Cup I Third Place, U15 WC 9 Third place

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ethane » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:51 pm

The Turnbull City, Part Seven

'Mum, why are you outside like that!?' Alessia asked, as her mother came scuttling in the door with only a short skirt on, which was half done up, and a towel wrapped round her waist.

'Oh hun, I was round someone's house, hanging out and dealing drugs, when a kid ran into the room, around your age actually, and screamed and shouted at me. I don't know what was wrong with him. Has he not seen a woman naked before, or drugs. Admittedly, his Dad was not in the prettiest of states on the bed, and I'm pretty sure he was passed out, but seriously. Have some decorum, right?!' Alessia's mother ranted, frustated at what she saw as a stupid kid.

'Mum, no need to be so rude.' Alessia snarled at her, fed up with this offhand comments insulting random people who she assumed she had never met. Kids aren't exactly going to love seeing a random woman with their Dad laid on the bed next to them passed out with drugs are they?!' IShelooked at her, pitying her. She had never been one for drugs - they were foul, dangerous and a waste of time and money - so she had always tried to avoid my mum when she was on drugs business. Yet she just felt so sorry for her when she did se her, wasting her life away on sex and drugs, and the pitiful life she lived, yet she still never said this in front of her, for fear of retribution, or worse, being kicked out the house. Living with a drug dealer parent has never been the best thing for her, and her experiences with drugs - she did try plenty when she was younger, but ended up in a hospital - left her hating drugs even more, which led to a split in the family relationship.

Her mother just ignored her and walked passed her into her own room, leaving Alessia standing on the stairs, looking sorry for her mother.

Not long after, the phone rang. Alessia picked up the phone. 'Hello? Who is it?' she said down the phone, as no one had said hello when she picked up.

'It's Edward. Help.' was the reply she received down the phone. He sounded a little weird compared to normal, but she let it slide.

'Ah! Happy Birthday!' Alessia paused. Mentally, she was trying to process what he had said. Had Edward said help? She wasn't sure, so she waited for a reply.

'Help! Please! 'I'm scared. I'm dying.' Edward whispered down the phone, before hanging up the phone. That got Alessia worried. She was worried for Edward, as he never normally acted like this. He didn't have the best father in the world, that was for sure, but he tried to remain cheery and optimistic. But in those few words, he sounded very depressed, like the world was falling down around him. He'd never been depressed before. Well, he had never been obviously externally depressed before, but Alessia being great friends with Edward knew that he had his ups and downs and had almost reached depression before, when his father beat him once a long time ago. Since then, he has been beaten multiple times, but most of the time he tries to hide it now, ashamed. Alessia was hoping his father hadn't beaten him, as Edward had told her he was trying to improve. He had started on this parenting course, and was trying to make sure he never beat his child again. She was hoping he would never beat her friend again, because she cared very much for Edward and didn't want him to get hurt.

The two certainly were very close. Some would say they were closer than real friends, with many people in school having assumed that they were in a relationship before being told otherwise, yet there was always still suspicions about the two being together, even though they never have been. They viewed it more as a friendly love, that they cared for each other, and wanted the best for each other, because they certainly didn't think that they loved each other in that way. Yet Alessia just felt this pang in her heart when she heard Edward calling for help. She brushed this to the side though, assuming it was just her deep care for Edward shining through.

She ended up running to Edward's house - she only lived a ten minute walk away - and knocked on the door. However, there was no response to her knocks after 30 seconds, so she went for the secret key, which was placed in the flower pot round the corner underneath the miniature oak tree round the corner in the front garden. She unlocked it and rushed through the now open door, searching the house for Edward whom she found relatively quickly lying by the phone at the top of the stairs, passed out on the floor.

'Oh Edward' she sighed to herself, seeing the drugs that he held in her hand. She had experience with drugs before, with her mum being a drug dealer - in fact, Edward's dad's drug dealer - and knew the damage they could do to people, as well as the enjoyment factor (although she had never found much enjoyment in drugs herself when she used to use them at a younger age with her mum). Alessia picked her friend up and carried him to his bed, placing him on it and sat next to him, stroking his hair off his eyes.

'Why?' Alessia said softly, a singular tear falling down from her eye. Edward woke up, crying. Alessia hugged him.

'Am I dying?'
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Matchday 7:
Sanders Group
Frenline Delpha 0 0 3 0 0 0 2 1 0 6
Candelli 0 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 1 5

Korizland 0 1 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 5
Oconeee 0 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 4

Sanders Group Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Frenline Delpha 6 5 1 43 26 +17 15
2 Korizland 6 5 1 27 22 +5 15
3 The Serbian Empire 5 3 2 20 18 +2 9
4 Oconeee 5 1 4 15 22 −7 3
5 Candelli 6 0 6 21 38 −17 0

Keisler Group
Outworld 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
West Phoencia 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 1 X 6

Newmanistan 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 4
Jeckland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Keisler Group Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Super-Llamaland 5 5 0 33 16 +17 15
2 Newmanistan 6 4 2 30 17 +13 12
3 Jeckland 5 3 2 19 14 +5 9
4 Outworld 6 1 5 22 36 −14 3
5 West Phoencia 6 1 5 20 41 −21 3

Brasfield Group
Kinzenland 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 5
Hicanans In Exile 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

Cosumar 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 3 7
Sandberg 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 4

Brasfield Group Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Schiltzberg 5 4 1 25 9 +16 12
2 Cosumar 6 4 2 35 26 +9 12
3 Kinzenland 6 3 3 18 19 −1 9
4 Hicanans In Exile 6 3 3 29 34 −5 9
5 Sandberg 5 0 5 18 37 −19 0

Ratigan Group
Abanhfleft 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3
United States Of Devonta 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 5 X 8

Nova Anglicana 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 3
-United States Of America 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

Ratigan Group Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Nova Anglicana 6 6 0 30 11 +19 18
2 Abanhfleft 6 4 2 44 27 +17 12
3 United States Of Devonta 6 2 4 25 30 −5 6
4 Titovija 5 2 3 20 32 −12 6
5 -United States Of America 5 0 5 11 30 −19 0

Monroe Group
Gregoryisgodistan 0 0 0 2 0 2 0 1 0 5
Turkmenbasyn 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 3

Nagore 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Ethane 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 X 4

Monroe Group Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 -Anthor- 5 4 1 33 15 +18 12
2 Gregoryisgodistan 6 4 2 25 16 +9 12
3 Ethane 5 4 1 12 10 +2 12
4 Nagore 6 1 5 16 28 −12 3
5 Turkmenbasyn 6 1 5 16 33 −17 3

Wright Group
Republic Of Rawn 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 0 0 1 0 3 0 1 0 X 5

Nassau-Hessen 3 3 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 9
Drawkland 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 1 2 6

Wright Group Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Nassau-Hessen 6 5 1 33 19 +14 15
2 Drawkland 5 4 1 28 18 +10 12
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 6 3 3 21 19 +2 9
4 Republic Of Rawn 6 1 5 21 32 -11 3
5 Equatorial Zeldean 5 1 4 12 27 −15 3

Butler Group
Juvencus 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Free Republics 1 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 X 5

South Yerfilag 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 2
Anglatia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Butler Group Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 South Yerfilag 6 6 0 30 11 +19 18
2 Southern Democratic States 5 3 2 30 20 +10 9
3 Free Republics 6 2 4 26 27 −1 6
4 Anglatia 5 2 3 13 17 −4 6
5 Juvencus 6 1 5 15 39 −24 3

Weinman Group
West Saintland 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Dimetrija 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 4

Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 3
Islana Lunigo 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2

Weinman Group Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Maklohi Vai 6 6 0 31 13 +18 18
2 West Saintland 6 4 2 22 18 +4 12
3 The DDR of Herp 5 2 3 17 24 −7 6
4 Islana Lunigo 5 1 4 18 21 −3 3
5 Dimetrija 6 1 5 20 32 −12 3

Matchday 8:

Sanders Group
Oconeee 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 7
Frenline Delpha 1 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 9

Candelli 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
The Serbian Empire 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2

1 Frenline Delpha 7 6 1 52 33 +19 18
2 Korizland 6 5 1 27 22 +5 15
3 The Serbian Empire 6 4 2 22 19 +3 12
4 Oconeee 6 1 5 22 31 −9 3
5 Candelli 7 0 7 22 40 −18 0

Keisler Group
Jeckland 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Outworld 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 4

West Phoencia 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
Super-Llamaland 0 1 4 2 0 0 0 0 X 7

1 Super-Llamaland 6 6 0 40 18 +22 18
2 Newmanistan 6 4 2 30 17 +13 12
3 Jeckland 6 3 3 22 18 +4 9
4 Outworld 7 2 5 26 39 −13 6
5 West Phoencia 7 1 6 22 48 −26 3

Brasfield Group
Sandberg 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 5
Kinzenland 0 0 0 5 2 1 0 0 X 8

Hicanans In Exile 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Schiltzberg 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 2

1 Schiltzberg 6 5 1 27 9 +18 15
2 Cosumar 6 4 2 35 26 +9 12
3 Kinzenland 7 4 3 26 24 +2 12
4 Hicanans In Exile 7 3 4 29 36 −7 9
5 Sandberg 6 0 6 23 45 −22 0

Ratigan Group
-United States Of America 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 X 5

United States Of Devonta 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 6 9
Titovija 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 5

1 Nova Anglicana 6 6 0 30 11 +19 18
2 Abanhfleft 7 5 2 49 27 +22 15
3 United States Of Devonta 7 3 4 34 35 −1 9
4 Titovija 6 2 4 25 41 −16 6
5 -United States Of America 6 0 6 11 35 −24 0

Monroe Group
Ethane 0 0 0 0 3 2 0 2 0 7
Gregoryisgodistan 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 5

Turkmenbasyn 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 2 5
-Anthor- 0 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 4

1 Ethane 6 5 1 19 15 +4 15
2 -Anthor- 6 4 2 37 20 +17 12
3 Gregoryisgodistan 7 4 3 30 23 +7 12
4 Turkmenbasyn 7 2 5 21 37 −16 6
5 Nagore 6 1 5 16 28 −12 3

Wright Group
Drawkland 0 0 0 0 4 0 5 0 0 9
Republic Of Rawn 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 6

Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3
Equatorial Zeldean 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 1 4

1 Nassau-Hessen 6 5 1 33 19 +14 15
2 Drawkland 6 5 1 37 24 +13 15
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 7 3 4 24 23 +1 9
4 Equatorial Zeldean 6 2 4 16 30 −14 6
5 Republic Of Rawn 7 1 6 27 41 -14 3

Butler Group
Anglatia 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 1 0 5
Juvencus 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 3

Free Republics 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 2 0 6
Southern Democratic States 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3

1 South Yerfilag 6 6 0 30 11 +19 18
2 Southern Democratic States 6 3 3 33 26 +7 9
3 Free Republics 7 3 4 32 30 +2 9
4 Anglatia 6 3 3 18 20 −2 9
5 Juvencus 7 1 6 18 44 −26 3

Weinman Group
Islana Lunigo 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 3
West Saintland 0 0 3 0 1 0 0 0 X 4

Dimetrija 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
The DDR of Herp 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 X 3

1 Maklohi Vai 6 6 0 31 13 +18 18
2 West Saintland 7 5 2 26 21 +5 15
3 The DDR of Herp 6 3 3 20 24 −4 9
4 Islana Lunigo 6 1 5 21 25 −4 3
5 Dimetrija 7 1 6 20 35 −15 3

Matchday 9:

Sanders Group
The Serbian Empire 0 1 1 0 2 0 2 1 0 7
Oconeee 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4

Frenline Delpha 2 1 0 2 2 0 0 0 1 8
Korizland 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 3

1 Frenline Delpha 8 7 1 60 36 +24 21
2 The Serbian Empire 7 5 2 29 23 +6 15
3 Korizland 7 5 2 30 30 0 15
4 Oconeee 7 1 6 26 38 −12 3
5 Candelli 7 0 7 22 40 −18 0

Keisler Group
Super-Llamaland 1 0 0 1 5 0 0 3 0 10

Outworld 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Newmanistan 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 X 1

1 Super-Llamaland 7 7 0 50 18 +32 21
2 Newmanistan 7 5 2 31 17 +14 15
3 Jeckland 7 3 4 22 28 −6 9
4 Outworld 8 2 6 26 40 −14 6
5 West Phoencia 7 1 6 22 48 −26 3

Brasfield Group
Schiltzberg 0 2 0 0 4 0 0 1 0 7
Sandberg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Kinzenland 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 2 4
Cosumar 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 3

1 Schiltzberg 7 6 1 34 9 +25 18
2 Kinzenland 8 5 3 30 27 +3 15
3 Cosumar 7 4 3 38 30 +8 12
4 Hicanans In Exile 7 3 4 29 36 −7 9
5 Sandberg 7 0 7 23 52 −29 0

Ratigan Group
Titovija 0 3 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9
-United States Of America 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 5

Abanhfleft 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Nova Anglicana 0 4 0 1 0 0 0 2 X 7

1 Nova Anglicana 7 7 0 37 13 +24 21
2 Abanhfleft 8 5 3 51 34 +17 15
3 United States Of Devonta 7 3 4 34 35 −1 9
4 Titovija 7 3 4 34 46 −12 9
5 -United States Of America 7 0 7 16 44 −28 0

Monroe Group
-Anthor- 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2
Ethane 1 0 2 0 2 0 1 0 X 6

Gregoryisgodistan 0 3 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 5
Nagore 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 4

1 Ethane 7 6 1 25 17 +8 18
2 Gregoryisgodistan 8 5 3 35 27 +8 15
3 -Anthor- 7 4 3 39 26 +13 12
4 Turkmenbasyn 7 2 5 21 37 −16 6
5 Nagore 7 1 6 20 33 −13 3

Wright Group
Equatorial Zeldean 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 3
Drawkland 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 X 4

Republic Of Rawn 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2
Nassau-Hessen 2 2 0 1 0 2 0 0 X 7

1 Nassau-Hessen 7 6 1 40 21 +19 18
2 Drawkland 7 6 1 41 27 +14 18
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 7 3 4 24 23 +1 9
4 Equatorial Zeldean 7 2 5 19 34 −15 6
5 Republic Of Rawn 8 1 7 29 48 -19 3

Butler Group
Southern Democratic States 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 4 7
Anglatia 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 3

Juvencus 1 0 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 5
South Yerfilag 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 3

1 South Yerfilag 7 6 1 33 16 +17 18
2 Southern Democratic States 7 4 3 40 29 +11 12
3 Free Republics 7 3 4 32 30 +2 9
4 Anglatia 7 3 4 21 27 −6 9
5 Juvencus 8 2 6 23 47 −24 6

Weinman Group
The DDR of Herp 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 3 1 8
Islana Lunigo 1 0 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 5

West Saintland 0 0 2 1 2 1 0 1 0 7
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 4

1 Maklohi Vai 7 6 1 35 20 +15 18
2 West Saintland 8 6 2 33 25 +8 18
3 The DDR of Herp 7 4 3 28 29 −1 12
4 Islana Lunigo 7 1 6 26 33 −7 3
5 Dimetrija 7 1 6 20 35 −15 3
Last edited by Newmanistan on Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:36 pm

OOC: Looks like I missed cutoff by about 30 minutes, but might as well just post this anyway.

Dixon Light Headquarters
Petrograd, Plymouth, Free Republics

Richard Dixon V was a very busy man. Running the largest beer company in the Free Republics was a difficult job, but it was one that he was every bit as dedicated to as Richard Dixon I had been. Today, however, he had an important business meeting with Mr. Jasper Chuter of Sporting World Magazine and Consul Emeritus Hilarion Vasin, the current President of the World Bowl Assembly and former Consul of the Free Republics. Consul Vasin's co-Consul and his successor were dead, but Mr. Dixon thought that the 64 year old statesman appeared not to have aged a day in the 11 years since he had left office. Mr. Dixon's secretary, his daughter Linda, notified her father of their arrival and sent both of them into his office. The men made some small talk and discussed the performance of the Republican National Teams at both the World Bowl and the World Baseball Classic before finally getting down to the heart of the matter:

Richard Dixon V - You may be wondering the reason why I asked both of you to come to my office today. Well, I have a proposal for both of you.

Jasper Chuter - I'm very interested in hearing it.

Richard Dixon V - I have been in contact with Freedom Technologies, which is a company that specializes in genetic engineering. While our discussions originally involved the prospect of genetically modifying our product line, they suggested something to me that would be of great interest, I believe, to both of you.

Hilarion Vasin - I fail to see what a genetic engineering company has to do with the World Bowl.

Richard Dixon V - Let me explain that, Consul Emeritus Vasin! You see, at Freedom Technologies, they are very concerned about the inability of the Free Republics to produce athletes that are capable of proving Republican Exceptionalism to the rest of the multiverse. Let's face it, we lost the Baptism of Iron final, we've never won any senior level soccer tournaments and we've never even made the playoffs of the World Baseball Classic, nor will we in the current cycle. We haven't made the playoffs of the World Bowl either or, if we have, we exited so early that I don't even remember it. Despite the fact that we are the greatest nation in the multiverse, all we have to show for it in over a decade of international sports competition is a freaking Di Bradini Cup trophy!

Jasper Chuter - Mr. Dixon, I think you underestimate the extent to which the deck has been stacked against us at every turn. Do you remember when the World Cup 68 final was unexpectedly moved from our home turf to Legalese? Do you remember the horrible officiating in that match that denied us a World Cup title?

Richard Dixon V - Mr. Chuter, with all due respect, our performance in that World Cup was a fluke brought about solely by home field advantage. Mr. Theriault is a terrible coach who routinely loses games he should win and absolutely lucked into that spot. Just look at what a disaster his runs as coach of Saintland and Ilyseum were. The only thing he is good at are riling up his opponents by calling them names and nearly starting a war because he didn't teach his players that many foreigners are such prudes about sex that they actually think that it is impossible to consent after downing a six pack of Dixon Light!

Hilarion Vasin - I see your point, Mr. Dixon. If I were still Consul when that incident went down, I wouldn't have allowed Mr. Theriault to use our Navy as his personal security force, even if most of our admirals are his childhood friends.

Jasper Chuter - You know, I'm surprised my reporters never asked Mr. Theriault why he went into sports rather than following his grandfather, father and brother's paths.

Hilarion Vasin - As long as there is a Free Republics, gentlemen, there will always be an Admiral Theriault to maintain our dominance over the seven thousand seas.

Richard Dixon V - Indeed, but my point is that there might be a way to actually improve the quality of our athletes. You see, the fine folks at Freedom Technologies have suggested that we find some ruse to collect both DNA samples and seed from players participating in the World Bowl. I believe I have come up with the perfect ruse and would like to have your support in organizing the Dixon Light Players-Only Party for the 16 teams that qualify for the World Bowl playoffs.

Jasper Chuter - If you want to sponsor a party for athletes, Sporting World is more than happy to be a sponsor.

Hilarion Vasin - But how do you intend to carry out your plan? Surely, their players would never let us collect their DNA.

Richard Dixon V - Here's what I'm planning on doing: Collect over a thousand of the most beautiful women in the Free Republics and let them carry out the tasks for us. We will encourage them to make advances toward the players and intoxicate as many of them as possible, collecting their DNA in the process and ideally conceiving a large number of children. I am willing to see to it, through the Dixon Light Foundation, that any children resulting from this party are taken care of and are given every opportunity to become the top Republican athletes of the future. What do you gentlemen say?

Hilarion Vasin - The World Bowl will promote the party and advertise it to players, but officially I have no knowledge of any of your plans.

Jasper Chuter - Sporting World will gladly sponsor the party and we'll make sure no footage from the party makes its way into the sports media.

Richard Dixon V - In that case, the Dixon Light Players-Only Party Sponsored By Sporting World is on. I think we can probably book the IslandDome, as long as we don't try to hold it on the same night that the NRWC will be relaunching with WrestleCade.

Jasper Chuter - We can help you with that, but speaking of WrestleCade, I hear that the Tournament of Champions is going to be the biggest wrestling event ever held in our multiverse. Rumor has it that the show will last at least 12 hours and will be an absolute must see. If you gentlemen are interested, I can certainly hook you up with ground level seats.

Hilarion Vasin - I'll pass. Never been a wrestling fan.

Richard Dixon V - I'd love to go. Mr. Vasin, I urge you to reconsider. Besides, even if you're not into the show, they serve Dixon Light!

Hilarion Vasin - If you gentlemen insist, I'll attend the show but I'm not sticking around for the party.

Richard Dixon V - Understandable. You need to maintain plausible deniability. The two of us don't, since we won't be breaking any Republican or Falatuluan laws and we aren't officials in international sporting bodies.

Jasper Chuter - Yeah. Maybe you should call it Consul Nicholls and go golfing together while the party's being held. Hopefully, the press will focus their attention on that and ignore the debauchery going on in Falatulu.

Hilarion Vasin - I will discuss that with Robert. I'll see you gentlemen at Wrestlecade.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:05 pm

TDDROH Sports chat

Dimetrija              0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0
The DDR of Herp 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 X 3

The DDR of Herp        0 0 0 0 0 1 3 3 1  8
Islana Lunigo 1 0 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 5

Growing chant of 'We will rock you' grows across country after two wins in a row on days 9 and 8.

As promised, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo showed up for game 7 At the home game in the pre game ceremony, Doofy Unicorn and Rainbow Dash popped out of a cake to surprise Scootaloo and give her her own signed jersey, making her an honorary member of the Scootalove City Unicorns.

She also threw the first pitch.

"Princess Leia's "popularity continues to increase, so has Dave 'The King' Haggard for there respective performances.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:14 pm

"Where's that Hejduk? We've got a scam to run with our fake merchandise. You know, forgeries of baseball autographs," Predrag stated.

Predrag's girlfriend Lidija appeared behind him and tapped him on the shoulder with a note from Hejduk.

The note read

I'm at the ballpark parting money from gamblin' saps. They're so easily tricked with our rigged odds. If you want to sell the fake autographs, visit me at the upper concourse. I've procured some uniforms that would make you look like any other vendor around here. Then you can go around selling the fake autographed balls.

"Quick, get in the van!" Predrag said to Lidija.

"Never thought that making money for the mafija would involve selling fake goods at the World Baseball Classic, but here we are. I expected more violence," Lidija mumbled to herself.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:55 am

WBC 38 UPDATE: SCHILTZBERG DOMINATING, SANDY ASS WINLESS

World Baseball Classic 38 is underway, and the two Schiltzbergian teams, who have been conveniently placed in the same group, are getting nearly exactly opposite results. The ninth match day has just passed, and both teams have experienced two "bye" days, so they have played seven games each. In Schiltzberg's seven games, they have dominated, winning six of the seven, and achieving a +25 run differential, only allowing nine runs against in all seven games combined, and Schiltzberg's pitching has put up an ERA of 1.29, and they have thrown two shutouts in the seven games. Sandberg, on the other hand, has not been able to get anything going, and their designated hitter has not helped them. In fact, all nine of their players have been hitting like pitchers. Sandberg has no wins, with an 0-7 record, and has a -29 run differential, with its most recent game being a 7-0 shutout loss to Schiltzberg in what was truly an embarrassment of a game. Sandberg is one of only three teams to still be winless, the other two being United States of America (because that country is SOOOO bad at baseball, you know), and Candelli. Maybe the only hope for these three nations of winning would be to only have to play each other, but that will never happen, because none of them will advance past the group stage. Schiltzberg has been dominant, Sandberg has been dormant, and all is normal in the world.

For a history lesson on the two teams, Schiltzberg is the main nation, and baseball is its national pastime. There has for a long time been a debate over whether or not to use a designated hitter, and the Schiltzbergian Baseball Committee has since the beginning held that there shall not be a designated hitter in Schiltzberg's international playing of the sport. From the beginning, this set a long line of protesters, and many DH-ers wanted to create their own separate team to compete with Schiltzberg, and so they did. That team is the Sandberg Cubs. Of course, Schiltzberg has had so much success in the WBC, so many people forgot about Sandberg, which just faded from the public eye, as it continued to suffer miserably and fail to make it out of the group stage on a regular basis, but now that they are in the same group, Schiltzberg's fans have once again turned a mocking eye on the pitiful Cubs (such a fitting name!), as Schiltzberg has just unleashed its pure dominance over them. The two teams have met twice, and the first game was a 4-1 Schiltzberg victory, while the second game was a 7-0 shutout. Sandberg's pitching has put up a pathetic 7.43 ERA, which is over five times the ERA of Schiltzberg's pitching staff. Sandberg has also only scored 23 runs, compared to Schiltzberg's 34 runs. Schiltzberg's pitching is currently on a stretch of 19.1 innings pitched without giving up a run, while Sandberg's hitting is on a stretch of 10.2 innings without scoring a run. It is an embarrassing comparison. This makes Schiltzbergers feel even stronger that the designated hitter should not exist, and that the rebel team from Sandberg should not even submit itself as a participant in WBC 39. Meanwhile, the real Schiltzbergers are focused hard on winning, and have their eyes set on a fifth championship.

The games:

Game One
Kinzenland             0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0  1
Schiltzberg 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 X 3

Schiltzberg started out the season with a win and a very dominant first three innings, exerting its dominance over the unranked team Kinzenland. Mark Daly hit a solo shot in the first inning, then in the second, Bob Rutledge doubled, which knocked in Thomas Saiz, who had singled, and Schiltzberg had a 2-0 lead. In the third, Ducky Fitzhugh doubled and then took third on a wild pitch, and was scored on a sacrifice fly by Francis Thom, after Chris Vrooman walked, and Schiltzberg had a 3-0 lead. Schiltzberg was held scoreless throughout the middle innings, and held hitless through the last four, but the three-run lead was more than enough to hold the unexperienced prisoners of a team. Kinzenland did score one run on an RBI double in the seventh inning, but that was it. Schiltzberg's pitcher was William McKey, who pitched a complete game, only allowing six hits and one run. It was a good game for the Schiltzbergers, and they continued down the right track.

Game Two
Schiltzberg            0 8 0 0 0 1 0 0 0  9
Hicanans In Exile 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

This game was so one-sided that it was almost hard to watch. Schiltzberg's David Toups was on the mound, and he went the distance, giving up one run on a home run in the second inning, but there was no sweat on his part or his team, because Schiltzberg had an enormous lead already. Toups pitched nine innings, only allowing three hits, including the home run, and had only the one earned run. Schiltzberg went down 1-2-3 in the first inning... Then, there was the second inning! Francis Thom started out with a triple. Then, a sacrifice bunt from Villegaus gets him home, and it is 1-0. Thomas Saiz gets a double. Bob Rutledge gets an RBI single, making it 2-0. Rutledge steals second, then Wayne Knox walks, making it runners on first and second, one out. Then, Toups drops down for the sacrifice bunt, but there is an error! The ball goes sailing into the stands, out of play, and Rutledge is given home plate, making it 3-0, and Knox is given third, while Toups is given second. Then, Mark Daly singles, scoring both runners, making it 5-0. There is a pitching change by the Hicanans, and then, Ducky Fitzhugh sends the first pitch from the new pitcher into the stands, making it 7-0. There is still only one out! Chris Vrooman then doubles, and is advanced to third, when Francis Thom singles. Manual Villegaus then walks to load the bases. Another pitching change. Then, Thomas Saiz comes up to the plate, and hits a sacrifice fly, scoring Vrooman from third, and making it 8-0. Then, Rutledge grounds out, finally ending the inning. Schiltzberg only scored one more time, but the opponents never came anywhere close to catching them, and that run was in the sixth on an RBI double from Manual Villegaus, which scored Chris Vrooman from first base. This game again reinforced that Schiltzberg is a force to be reckoned with, and if you will remember, most of Schiltzberg's big wins in WBC 37 were because of big innings, like the big second inning that the Schiltzbergers had.

Game Three
Sandberg               0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1  1
Schiltzberg 0 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 X 4

Schiltzberg continued its dominance, nearly shutting out Sandberg. They were so close! Henry Price went 8.2 innings pitched, holding a perfect game into the fifth, and a no hitter into the eighth. Sandberg caught up to him in the ninth, getting three hits and scoring a run with two outs. Price was removed, much to his disapproval, with two outs in the ninth, but received a long standing ovation from the home crowd on his exiting from the game. Then, Doug Miller came in, threw two pitches, and the Cub hit a routine fly, and the game was over. Offensively, Schiltzberg put up a good performance, but as usual, they had their pitching to thank for the win. Schiltzberg scored in the third inning on a solo home run from Bob Rutledge. Then, in the fifth inning, they scored again on a solo home run from Chris Vrooman. In the sixth, the Schiltzbergers got three hits, and two runs scored on an RBI single from Mark Daly, which scored Bob Rutledge and Wayne Knox from second and third. Schiltzberg got its third win, and remained undefeated.

Game Four
Schiltzberg            0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2  2
Cosumar 1 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 X 5

Jorge Matos had a poor showing in game four, pitching 2.2 innings and giving up five runs to Cosumar, which is probably the best team in Schiltzberg's division, other than Schiltzberg itself. Schiltzberg put up a poor game, its poorest game of the season so far, nearly being shut out, though scoring two runs in the ninth inning. Matos gave up three hits and a run in the first inning, and then loaded the bases in the second inning. Two runs scored on a single, and then another run scored on a sacrifice fly, which made the score 4-0 in Cosumar's favor. Another run scored in the third, when the batter singled, and another runner scored from second, making it 5-0, and Matos was removed from the game at that point. Schiltzberg has only given up nine runs against so far in this tournament, and five of them came in this game, which is fittingly Schiltzberg's only loss. Bryan Mercado came in and pitched 3.1 innings, and then was relieved by Steven Scherer, who finished the game. The bullpen did very well, only not giving up a single run, but the damage was already done. Schiltzberg was unable to score until the ninth inning, when they rallied and got runners on first and third with the top of the order up. Mark Daly grounded into a double play, but a run scored, and then Ducky Fitzhugh doubled and was knocked in on a single from Chris Vrooman. This game is a stain on Schiltzberg's performance so far, but every team has to lose some time... except for WBC 31 Super-Llamaland.

Game Five
Schiltzberg            5 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0  7
Kinzenland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1

Those who had lost faith in Schiltzberg after its poor showing against Cosumar quickly forgot about that, after Schiltzberg dominated in its fifth game, which was against Kinzenland. Robert Paul had a game to remember, going the distance, and pitching all nine innings, only allowing one run, on an RBI double, and only five hits in the game. Mark Daly started out the first inning with a single. Then, Fitzhugh walked. Then, Chris Vrooman doubled, and Daly scored from second, and it was runners second and third with no outs. Then, Francis Thom hit a long home run to center field, and the Schiltzbergers ran circles around the bases, making the score 4-0, and the convicts hadn't even batted yet. Later in the inning, Thomas Saiz also hit a home run, making it 5-0. Schiltzberg did not do much in the middle innings, but did score on a FItzhugh solo home run in the sixth. Then, in the seventh, Francis Thom went deep again, for his second home run of the game, making it 7-0. One run did score for Kinzenland in the eighth, but it wasn't nearly enough, and they were never able to recover from Schiltzberg's dominance in the first inning, and they went down 7-1, as Schiltzberg's record rose to 4-1.

Game Six
Hicanans In Exile      0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0
Schiltzberg 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 2

William McKey did his thing in game six. After throwing a six hit, one run, complete game in the first game of the tournament, McKey was back to finish what he started in game six. He threw a complete game shutout, only allowing four hits. He was completely dominant, and pitched one of the best games of his life, though it is true that he does tend to pitch a lot of games that could be considered "one of the best games of his life." Since throwing a no hitter in WBC 33, McKey has ever since been on a mission to throw another one in international play, but the greatest pitcher in the history of Schiltzberg has already thrown five no hitters in season play in the National Baseball League of Schiltzberg, including one perfect game. He is truly the greatest pitcher that Schiltzberg has ever seen, and has won the Pitcher of the Year Award seven times. With McKey on the mound, Schiltzberg didn't need to do much offensively, but they did enough, scoring just two runs in the game. The first run came on a solo home run from Francis Thom, who is on a roll, and the second came on an RBI single from Wayne Knox, which knocked in Thomas Saiz from third. This game was another showing of Schiltzberg's dominance, as Schiltzberg continued to gain insurance on its lead of its division.

Game Seven
Schiltzberg            0 2 0 0 4 0 0 1 0  7
Sandberg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

David Toups must have felt jealous of McKey, who had just pitched such a gem, and he knew that he'd have to pitch a gem of his own to snatch the spotlight. He did. He pitched a 17-strikeout, five hit, complete game shutout, destroying Sandberg in its home stadium, much to the delight of the Schiltzbergian fans in attendance. The Cubs lost 0-7, which brought their record down to 0-7, which makes them an utter disgrace to the Schiltzbergian name. Schiltzberg didn't need much to get the victory offensively, since the pitching was so good, but they gave it their all. Two runs scored on a two-run home run in the second off the bat of Thomas Saiz. In the fifth, Chris Vrooman led off with a single. Then, Thom hit an RBI-triple to make it 3-0. Then, Thom scored on a wild pitch, and Villegaus doubled and was driven in on a double from Saiz. Then, Rutledge walked and Knox singled, scoring Saiz, and making it 6-0. Mark Daly went on to hit a solo home run in the eighth, making it 7-0, and Schiltzberg continued to show utter dominance over the Sandbergers, and they held on for the win, increasing their lead on the division to 2.0 games ahead of Kinzenland.

This Is Your New Schiltzbierg Times Sports News!
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:22 pm

TDDROH Sports chat

A quick interview with #68, Amalthea 'The last unicorn/ Princess Leia' Beagle.
Interviewer: Chuck Daniel

"So Ms. Amalthea, how did you feel coming on the mound of game 7?"

"Well, Chuck, I felt pressured to keep up my good work from the last games."

"Interesting, do you still like your fans right?"

"I love my fans, I'm just worried that I'll disappoint them."

"Well, I wouldn't worry about that, you are amasing at this game."

"Thank you so much!" She says while surprise hugging Chuck.

"Your welcome!" Chuck says returning the hug. "One last question, what do you think of your team's mascot? 'Doofy Unicorn'."

"'Doofy Unicorn' is rather silly, I spent a long time in the shower trying to clean the whipped cream out of my maine on game day 4. So much whipped cream from that surprise pie fight."

"I Know, that one is still playing on highlight reels." Chuck giggled. "But do you like her?"

"Yes, I like when things get silly."
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinzenland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinzenland » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Trying to make sense of five wins,

Most recently, a series of three games was played, and the Convicts were victorious in all three of them. This makes Kinzenland 5-3 and in second place in the Brasfield Group, a group named after a player from Newmanistan’s history. Newmanistan is also a nation that the Convicts would be heading to if this keeps up, as the top two teams qualify for the 16-team tournament in that country, and somehow Kinzenland is in one of those two spots. It is not unprecedented for teams to have success in their first try, though it is not expected. Had we sent our best baseball players then maybe this would not seem so strange, but these guys (and a couple ladies) are not professional baseball players. Here are some theories I have considered in trying to make sense of it.

Theory 1: Good baseball players are overrated.

Do we place too much emphasis on the skills of our greatest baseball players? Is it really a simpler game then we make it out to be, and that those who achieve stardom are people who had everything come together for them at the right time. They were people with a talent, that were given great coaches who could teach them and build on their natural skills, but those skills were always there. Perhaps to have those great coaches, they needed to grow up in an affluent, or at least middle class area in order to afford them. Those with similar skills, though in lower class neighborhoods, don’t have the opportunity to see those skills grow and turn to other things then baseball, which could possibly be a life of crime. It is a theory that might make you think for a second, then you look at all the success stories in our baseball league and probably in other leagues, maybe even in the nation of Sandberg, too. Players who have the skills from poor neighborhoods can find their way. Maybe not all of them, but if they have the skills, they are going to be noticed eventually.

Theory 2: The other teams are really just that bad.

Kinzenland is 0-2 against Schiltzberg (so they are not considered in this theory) but 5-1 against the rest of the group. I find that to be an interesting statistic, as maybe the other nations really are that bad. Cosumar is a highly ranked team, and really deserves a lot more respect, but are their current players the same people that made them good before? We don’t know that, as there is no publicly made roster for them. The same holds true for Sandberg. Does that nation play like a bunch of responsible, defensively brilliant middle infielders with good but maybe not great offensive numbers? After all, you need a little more then that, and perhaps that is all they have. Hicanas in Exile is a newer team. This is a theory that could have some basis, but I struggle to come to grips with it, because of Cosumar’s rank and also because a team of good middle-infielders would likely find a way to be successful.

Theory 3: The other teams are scared of them.

The Convicts have done some very bad things in their past, and the maniac Lenny Timmons is behind the plate talking trash to opposing hitters as they step up. However, it’s not the same trash talk they may get from other catchers, because Timmons has actually dismembered bodies and tossed body parts in the trash. One has to think that when he starts talking about that as a batter is at the plate, that can play games with the hitter’s timing just enough to cause them not to make good contact. Only the well-disciplined team of Schiltzberg has been able to overlook this aspect. There could be some truth to this being the reason, but it would only cover their ability to shut teams down, they still have to score themselves.

Theory 4: Their lives depend on it.

We know what is in it for them, and they are rallying around that. Other teams are teams are all-stars and since they are all-stars, they more then likely are making a lot of money and have the whole wide world in their hands. They are playing for their homelands and they want to succeed, but if they don’t, everything will still be fine when they return home. For the Convicts, every game matters. Every game is a chance to see one of them become free, and now that they know that they can win, the momentum is jsut going to keep growing, and it may make some of them start dreaming. Dreaming that a good run here, and then becoming freed, may get them a contract from a professional team. Don’t laugh, that’s a real possibility!

Whatever it may be, something positive is happening with these guys, and as a country we might have to start asking ourselves: Should we root for them and not against them now?

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Frenlinian Factation

Article A
12/25/16

Anacondas Remains Top of Group
-Parker Tinwit

Will winning wind down? Will the Anacondas finally fall to their own hubris and drop out of first in their group? No. Not at the moment, at least. Afer the crippling loss to The Serbian Empire, the Anacondas have won three straight, the latest of which was an 8-3 domnation of Korizland. Knowing full well The Serbian Empire lurked in the background, waiting for them to make one mistake had the Frenlinian baseball club looking for nothing but the "W's" going into their next three games. Prevail was the motto, and prevail they did. They squeaked out a close vitory against Candelli by the score of 6-5. Next, they took Oconeee all the way to thirteen innings before a two run home run sealed their 9-7 victory. Those both led into the events last night, as the Anacondas traveled to Korizland to hopefully win their third straight. And that they did do.

The Contest started out well for the Anacondas, whose open bats made them a formidable opponent for the fledgling Cyotes. Lain, frequently know for his explosive bat, started of the game with a single after fouling off three different pitches. The pitcher, Denton, then seemed to momentarily lose his composure as he threw five pitches, four of which were too high and allowed Dredge to walk to first base. This then set up Haman with no outs in the first inning for a big play. And he delivered in a big way. On an 0-2 count, Haman swung at a pitch he normally leaves alone. However, he managed to get solid contact with the ball and sent it into deep right. Lain would score easily from second, but the relay was fast for the Cyotes' defense, and the throw to the plate came at just the right time. However, the second baseman threw the ball, in his excitement, too far to the right of the catcher, causing him to go off the plate as Dredge came all the way home from first to give the Anacondas a 2-0 lead. They would not wait very long to strike again. Hector came up in the second with one out. He had been sizing up this pitcher, watching his pitch location, looking for something he saw desirable. And he saw it. The pitcher's splitter didn't do much falling into the Grand Canyon, a beautiful rock structure located on Earth, for those who haven't been there. Instead, it dropped just slightly. Stepping up to the plate, Dredge waited for the right moment. Suddenly, the pitcher delivered the splitter Dredge was waiting on, and he blasted it into the outfield. First, it appeared that the ball was going foul, but it managed to stay fair just long enough to clip the foul pole. It was another home run for the powerhouse Anacondas.

The team went down one-two-three in the third, but they would strike twice more in the fourth. Jehosez would start off the inning with a ball that many believed could net him an inside-the-parker, but it was not to be, as the left fielder managed to catch up to the ball in time to prevent the run home. However, Defelt would take the matter into his own hands and crack off a double that saw Jehosez trot into home, knowing full well that the throw would never get there before him. Hector would then follow up that double with a single of his own. This put the runners, Hector and Defelt, on first and third, ready for the pitcher, Wilfskin, to make a play. While he did fly out, the ball was hit so far back that Defelt managed to tag and head for home, sliding just under the catcher's glove for another Anaconda run. The Anacondas now had a compelling 5-0 lead. They would not remain untouched, as the Cyotes scored two in the bottom half of the foruth, but the Anacondas came back with another answer.

Haman repeated the success of Hector a few innings earlier as he cracked off a homer on a pitch that made a gravy boat look conservative. However, the netx two batters, Manteis and Trifort, didn't get the memo as they both struck out, giving the Anacondas two outs. However, the team wasn't going down that easily. Jehosez singled and Defelt doubled, stting the stage for yet another Hector play. He repeated his feat from the previous inning, hitting a single that this time allowed Jehosez to slide into home and score. However, Wilfskin flew out, ending that inning. While the Cyoted would manage to put up one in the eigth, it wasn't until the ninth that the Anacondas would add the final run onto their tally.

Haman strated the inning off with a nice single that he managed to beat out. Manteis, having gone 1 for 4 so far, came up looking for redemption. He found it in the form of a double. As the ball landed, Haman blasted towards third, setting the ground ablaze with his speed. As he rounded second, he saw the coach frantically gesturing towards home, letting Haman know he could get the run if he kept his speed. His foot blasted off the third bag and he began the dead sprint towards home. About five feet from the bag, Haman let his legs kick out and he slid towards the plate, hoping he was under the tag. As he looked up, the umpire shouted in a booming voice, "Safe!" The Anacondas had scored their eighth run, and that was all she wrote. Wilfskin pitched a complete game, and the Anacondas have a game break after this crushing. May the rest of this torunament go so smoothly.

Frenline Delpha         2 1 0   2 2 0   0 0 1     8  17  1
Korizland 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 3 5 1

W: Wilfskin (2-0) L: Denton (1-1)
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ethane » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:01 pm

The Turnbull Story, Part Eight

It was about 6 hours later than Edward ended up waking up. After asking if he was dying, he ended up drifting off to sleep, depressed and tired, unsure of what was going on. He was not used to the drugs, so the effects of the drugs were a shock to him, especially considering he had assumed it was only a cigarette. Alessia had stayed by his side the whole time, making sure he wasn't too hot or too cold (she could tell from when Edward shivered and when Edward appeared sweaty and flustered) and ensuring that he was safe.

When Edward began stirring, Alessia moved up the bed to him from where she had been sat, watching him while he slept. Edward yawned and stretched his arms, confused as to where he was and what time it was, as well as what had happened.

'Where am I? What am I doing in bed? What happened?' Edward asked, almost panicking, but not depressed as he had been when under the influence of the weed he had mistakenly taken.

'It's 8pm. You've been asleep just under 6 hours.' Alessia said, before handing Edward a glass of water which she had fetched for him while he was sleeping. Edward sipped on the water, before placing it on the desk, a confused look crossing his face.

'What? How?! It... it was 2pm not long ago. I swear.' he exclaimed. Edward couldn't remember anything while he was under the influence of the drugs, last remembering his Dad being rushed out on a stretcher. 'MY DAD?! Is he okay?!'

'Your Dad?!' Alessia asked, confused. She had no idea that anything had happened to Edward's dad, assuming he was out doing some shopping or preparing a surprise birthday party considering it was Edward's birthday. Of course that was unlikely, but she always assumed the best in people, and that people improve, yet from Edwards 5 words there, her hopes seemed to have been thrown under the bus. She knew that no one would be that worried about their Dad if they had just popped out for a while, and so she knew something had happened. Thinking about it, she thought it suspicious that his Dad hadn't been there all day. Surely if he was popping out, he would have come back here in the 6 hours Edward was asleep.

''He was rushed to hospital!' Edward shouted, panicking now.

'We'll go see if he's okay, after we know you're okay, okay?' Alessia said, comforting Edward. Now she knew something was wrong, and she could half guess it had something to do with the drugs Edward took.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Matchday 10:
Sanders Group
Korizland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
The Serbian Empire 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 X 2

Oconeee 0 0 5 0 0 1 0 2 1 9
Candelli 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 5

1 Frenline Delpha 8 7 1 60 36 +24 21
2 The Serbian Empire 8 6 2 31 23 +8 18
3 Korizland 8 5 3 30 32 −2 15
4 Oconeee 8 2 6 35 43 −8 6
5 Candelli 8 0 8 27 49 −22 0

Keisler Group
Newmanistan 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 3
Super-Llamaland 1 0 0 0 2 1 5 1 X 10

Jeckland 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
West Phoencia 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 X 3

1 Super-Llamaland 8 8 0 60 21 +39 24
2 Newmanistan 8 5 3 34 27 +7 15
3 Jeckland 8 3 5 23 31 −8 9
4 Outworld 8 2 6 26 40 −14 6
5 West Phoencia 8 2 6 25 49 −24 6

Brasfield Group
Cosumar 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Schiltzberg 1 2 0 0 2 0 0 2 X 7

Sandberg 0 0 2 0 0 3 1 0 1 7
Hicanans In Exile 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2

1 Schiltzberg 8 7 1 41 12 +29 21
2 Kinzenland 8 5 3 30 27 +3 15
3 Cosumar 8 4 4 41 37 +4 12
4 Hicanans In Exile 8 3 5 31 43 −12 9
5 Sandberg 8 1 7 30 54 −24 3

Ratigan Group
Nova Anglicana 0 0 0 0 2 0 4 0 0 6
Titovija 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 3

-United States Of America 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
United States Of Devonta 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 X 4

1 Nova Anglicana 8 8 0 43 16 +27 24
2 Abanhfleft 8 5 3 51 34 +17 15
3 United States Of Devonta 8 4 4 38 38 0 12
4 Titovija 8 3 5 37 52 −15 9
5 -United States Of America 8 0 8 19 48 −29 0

Monroe Group
Nagore 0 1 0 0 0 2 1 1 0 5
-Anthor- 0 2 0 3 0 0 0 2 X 7

Ethane 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 4
Turkmenbasyn 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

1 Ethane 8 7 1 29 18 +11 21
2 -Anthor- 8 5 3 46 31 +15 15
3 Gregoryisgodistan 8 5 3 35 27 +8 15
4 Turkmenbasyn 8 2 6 22 41 −19 6
5 Nagore 8 1 7 25 40 −15 3

Wright Group
Nassau-Hessen 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 4
Equatorial Zeldean 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 5

Drawkland 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 X 2

1 Nassau-Hessen 8 6 2 44 26 +18 18
2 Drawkland 8 6 2 42 29 +13 18
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 8 4 4 26 24 +2 12
4 Equatorial Zeldean 8 3 5 24 38 −14 9
5 Republic Of Rawn 8 1 7 29 48 -19 3

Butler Group
South Yerfilag 0 0 1 4 0 0 1 1 0 7
Southern Democratic States 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 3

Anglatia 0 0 0 0 5 1 0 1 0 7
Free Republics 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

1 South Yerfilag 8 7 1 40 19 +21 21
2 Southern Democratic States 8 4 4 43 36 +7 12
3 Anglatia 8 4 4 28 28 0 12
4 Free Republics 8 3 5 33 37 −4 9
5 Juvencus 8 2 6 23 47 −24 6

Weinman Group
Maklohi Vai 1 2 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 6
The DDR of Herp 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Islana Lunigo 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Dimetrija 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 X 3

1 Maklohi Vai 8 7 1 41 20 +21 21
2 West Saintland 8 6 2 33 25 +8 18
3 The DDR of Herp 8 4 4 28 35 −7 12
4 Dimetrija 8 2 6 23 37 −14 6
5 Islana Lunigo 8 1 7 28 36 −8 3

Matchday 11:
Sanders Group
Korizland 2 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 5
Candelli 0 0 8 1 1 0 0 0 X 10

Frenline Delpha 0 0 0 0 1 4 4 0 1 10
The Serbian Empire 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 5

1 Frenline Delpha 9 8 1 70 41 +29 24
2 The Serbian Empire 9 6 3 36 33 +3 18
3 Korizland 9 5 4 35 42 −7 15
4 Oconeee 8 2 6 35 43 −8 6
5 Candelli 9 1 8 37 54 −17 3

Keisler Group
Newmanistan 0 6 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 10
West Phoencia 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3

Outworld 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 6
Super-Llamaland 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 2 8

1 Super-Llamaland 9 9 0 68 27 +41 27
2 Newmanistan 9 6 3 44 30 +14 18
3 Jeckland 8 3 5 23 31 −8 9
4 Outworld 9 2 7 32 48 −16 6
5 West Phoencia 9 2 7 28 59 −31 6

Brasfield Group
Cosumar 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Hicanans In Exile 0 2 0 0 2 0 1 0 X 5

Kinzenland 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 4
Schiltzberg 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 3

1 Schiltzberg 9 7 2 44 16 +28 21
2 Kinzenland 9 6 3 34 30 +4 18
3 Cosumar 9 4 5 44 42 +2 12
4 Hicanans In Exile 9 4 5 36 46 −10 12
5 Sandberg 8 1 7 30 54 −24 3

Ratigan Group
Nova Anglicana 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 3
United States Of Devonta 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Titovija 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 3 X 6

1 Nova Anglicana 9 9 0 46 17 +29 27
2 Abanhfleft 9 5 4 52 40 +12 15
3 United States Of Devonta 9 4 5 39 41 −2 12
4 Titovija 9 4 5 43 53 −10 12
5 -United States Of America 8 0 8 19 48 −29 0

Monroe Group
Nagore 2 0 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 7
Turkmenbasyn 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Gregoryisgodistan 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 7
-Anthor- 1 1 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 6

1 Ethane 8 7 1 29 18 +11 21
2 Gregoryisgodistan 9 6 3 42 33 +9 18
3 -Anthor- 9 5 4 52 38 +14 15
4 Nagore 9 2 7 32 42 −10 6
5 Turkmenbasyn 9 2 7 24 48 −24 6

Wright Group
Nassau-Hessen 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3
Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 4

Republic Of Rawn 3 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 5
Equatorial Zeldean 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 4

1 Nassau-Hessen 9 6 3 47 30 +17 18
2 Drawkland 8 6 2 42 29 +13 18
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 9 5 4 30 27 +3 15
4 Equatorial Zeldean 9 3 6 28 43 −15 9
5 Republic Of Rawn 9 2 7 34 52 -18 6

Butler Group
South Yerfilag 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 3
Free Republics 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 1 4

Juvencus 0 1 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 5
Southern Democratic States 2 5 0 0 1 0 0 4 X 12

1 South Yerfilag 9 7 2 43 23 +20 21
2 Southern Democratic States 9 5 4 55 41 +14 15
3 Anglatia 8 4 4 28 28 0 12
4 Free Republics 9 4 5 37 40 −3 12
5 Juvencus 9 2 7 28 59 −31 6

Weinman Group
Maklohi Vai 2 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 6
Dimetrija 3 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 5

West Saintland 0 1 1 1 1 3 0 0 5 12
The DDR of Herp 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 3

1 Maklohi Vai 9 8 1 47 25 +22 24
2 West Saintland 9 7 2 45 28 +17 21
3 The DDR of Herp 9 4 5 31 47 −16 12
4 Dimetrija 9 2 7 28 43 −15 6
5 Islana Lunigo 8 1 7 28 36 −8 3

Matchday 12:
Sanders Group
Candelli 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Frenline Delpha 0 3 1 0 0 5 0 0 X 9

Oconeee 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Korizland 0 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 X 4

1 Frenline Delpha 10 9 1 79 42 +37 27
2 The Serbian Empire 9 6 3 36 33 +3 18
3 Korizland 10 6 4 39 42 −3 18
4 Oconeee 9 2 7 35 47 −12 6
5 Candelli 10 1 9 38 63 −25 3

Keisler Group
West Phoencia 0 1 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 4
Outworld 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 3

Jeckland 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 3
Newmanistan 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 4

1 Super-Llamaland 9 9 0 68 27 +41 27
2 Newmanistan 10 7 3 48 33 +15 21
3 Jeckland 9 3 6 26 35 −9 9
4 West Phoencia 10 3 7 32 62 −30 9
5 Outworld 10 2 8 35 52 −17 6

Brasfield Group
Hicanans In Exile 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 5
Kinzenland 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 6

Sandberg 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 X 4

1 Schiltzberg 9 7 2 44 16 +28 21
2 Kinzenland 10 7 3 40 35 +5 21
3 Cosumar 10 5 5 48 45 +3 15
4 Hicanans In Exile 10 4 6 41 52 −11 12
5 Sandberg 9 1 8 33 58 −25 3

Ratigan Group
United States Of Devonta 1 3 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 7
Abanhfleft 0 0 2 1 1 0 0 1 0 5

-United States Of America 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Nova Anglicana 5 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 X 9

1 Nova Anglicana 10 10 0 55 18 +37 30
2 Abanhfleft 10 5 5 57 47 +10 15
3 United States Of Devonta 10 5 5 46 46 0 15
4 Titovija 9 4 5 43 53 −10 12
5 -United States Of America 9 0 9 20 57 −37 0

Monroe Group
Turkmenbasyn 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2
Gregoryisgodistan 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 4 5

Ethane 1 0 0 0 2 2 8 0 0 13
Nagore 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2

1 Ethane 9 8 1 42 20 +22 24
2 Gregoryisgodistan 10 7 3 47 35 +12 21
3 -Anthor- 9 5 4 52 38 +14 15
4 Nagore 10 2 8 34 55 −21 6
5 Turkmenbasyn 10 2 8 26 53 −27 6

Wright Group
Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 1 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 4
Republic Of Rawn 0 0 0 3 0 2 0 0 X 5

Drawkland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Nassau-Hessen 1 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 X 6

1 Nassau-Hessen 10 7 3 53 30 +23 21
2 Drawkland 9 6 3 42 35 +7 18
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 10 5 5 34 32 +2 15
4 Equatorial Zeldean 9 3 6 28 43 −15 9
5 Republic Of Rawn 10 3 7 39 56 -17 9

Butler Group
Free Republics 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Juvencus 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2

Anglatia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
South Yerfilag 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 X 3

1 South Yerfilag 10 8 2 46 24 +22 24
2 Southern Democratic States 9 5 4 55 41 +14 15
3 Free Republics 10 5 5 41 42 −1 15
4 Anglatia 9 4 5 29 31 −2 12
5 Juvencus 10 2 8 30 63 −33 6

Weinman Group
Dimetrija 0 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 5 9
West Saintland 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 3

Islana Lunigo 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 5
Maklohi Vai 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 4

1 Maklohi Vai 10 8 2 51 30 +21 24
2 West Saintland 10 7 3 48 37 +11 21
3 The DDR of Herp 9 4 5 31 47 −16 12
4 Dimetrija 10 3 7 37 46 −9 9
5 Islana Lunigo 9 2 7 33 40 −7 6
Last edited by Newmanistan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:04 pm

Lion's Roar

A SportsWorld Weblog

The Lions are 7-0 so far. Can they keep it up?
by Alpha Lion and Matt

Pay no attention to the hats. The black hat is the good one, despite what you've been told.

Here at Lion's Roar, we're doing a new debate feature to break up the monotony of me (Alpha Lion) just talking all the time. Joining me is Matt, who has written for us in the past about football. Today's Topic: Can the Nova Anglicana baseball team continue to win all or most of its games here in WBC 38? Going first and writing for No is Matt.

The Case for No

Well, do I have to state the most obvious argument? Every team loses sometime. Well, unless you're Super-Llamaland in WBC 31. That was impressive. And just strange. So toss out the idea that the Lions will go undefeated. A 24-game group stage plus playoffs is far too many games to go undefeated. But what about the idea that the Lions can win a huge percentage of their games? After all, they are the #4 team in the world. Well, let me tell you.

The Lions are a good team, no doubt. But they have historically underachieved relative to their talent. Look no further than their bare championship cupboard. They have been a top-10 team ever since their third WBC, but have only a trio of third place finishes to show for it. They have even missed the playoffs once and been eliminated in the Round of 16 twice. There is no way this team will crush the competition. It's just not in their nature.

Oh, you want on the field results? Well, even though they are 7-0, they could easily be 5-2. They needed two runs in the bottom of the 9th to avoid an embarrassing loss to newcomers Titovija, and they could have lost to winless -United States of America, not to be confused with our powerhouse neighbours to the south. They needed two runs in the top of the 8th to beat that team. The Lions are 7-0, but they have only scored 37 runs, or about 5.4 per game. This is barely more than 3-4 United States of Devonta, 3-4 Titovija, and a lot less than Abanhfleft's 51, or 6.4 per game. They are largely relying on holding their opponents to just 1.9 runs per game. Pitching always regresses. The Lions' hurlers will start to allow more runs, and they'll need to start scoring more to avoid some losses.

Before you start crucifying me, remember I'm not saying the Lions will miss the playoffs or anything. I just don't think they're going to win 21 games or something. But who knows? Baseball's not my area of expertise.

The Case for Yes

Screw the argument that everybody loses. Super-Llamaland did it, so we can too. I don't want to hear that it was a fluke or the exception that proves the rule. We can do it. This team is very talented. The rotation alone combined for 21.1 WAR in the most recent NABL season. It's a cast of All-Stars with the proper mix of veterans and youth. They have a great manager and their coaching staff is the best and brightest of the NABL.

Also, the Lions seem to have beaten their historic struggles in the group stage of the WBC. The Lions were 21-15 through their first four group stages in the WBC, which isn't that great. They did go 25-5 in WBC 31, they went 6-4 in WBC 32, 5-5 and missed the playoffs (ugh) in WBC 33, 19-11 in WBC 34, 13-2 in WBC 35, 18-12 in WBC 36, and then 24-6 in WBC 37. Overall, that's 110-47 (.701) in the last seven group stages, and 131-62 (.679) overall in WBC group stage play. Winning two-thirds of their games historically, and seventy percent of their games in the last seven. If you take out WBCs 32 and 33, which were not played with a series-format group stage, the Lions are actually 99-38 (.723) in series play, which is what they are facing in this year's WBC. That would be amazing for a professional team; the Lions are competing against other nations' best players.

Furthermore, the Lions are combining a strong offense with an extremely efficient defense. The Lions are averaging a healthy 5.4 runs per game, which is enough to win in international play. Their pitchers have only allowed 13 runs, 9 of those by the starters in upwards of forty-five innings. That's impressive. The defensive combination of Darrin Werner and Rene Martel up the middle has already saved several runs this competition. Great defense only makes good pitching even better. The Lions will continue to prevent runs, which will carry them to a ton of victories.

Who do you agree with? What's your opinion? Tell us in the comments below!

More from Lion's Roar
Campionato Esportiva about to kick off
Lions crash out of IBC
A closer look at Antoine Searcy

(OOC: Logo at top shamelessly cribbed from Pride of Detroit, Detroit Lions blog. The opinions expressed above are the opinions of the writer and not necessarily indicative of the opinions of Nova Anglicans or the user behind Nova Anglicana.)

OOC: Oh well, just missed cutoff.
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Here is a continuation of the summaries of the World Baseball Classics of the past that I started here. More to come!

WBC 12 (Hosted by Secristan)
1st: Newmanistan (3-1)
2nd: Zwangzug
3rd: Taeshan (2-0)
4th: Yafor 2
World Baseball Classic 12 was hosted by Secristan, who had won second place in WBC 10, and Secristan did a good job of hosting this tournament. After falling just short of winning its second championship in WBC 11, Newmanistan bounced back in World Baseball Classic 12 with an unbelievable start, sweeping the preliminary round. In the midst of Newmanistan's dominance, a new power started to emerge, as Cassadaigua seemed to be challenging the greatest team in baseball by matching every win throughout the first half of the season. Both teams swept the preliminary rounds, and continued to be undefeated until Cassadaigua finally lost a game in the quarterfinals to Yafor 2, ending its streak at twelve games. Cassadaigua was suddenly eliminated in that quarterfinals, as Yafor 2 was able to pull off another win in extra innings, while the whole time, Newmanistan's streak continued. Newmanistan finally lost after winning 15 straight games in a semifinals game against Taeshan. Newmanistan went on to beat Taeshan in that series, and then also beat Zwangzug in the finals, defeating them three games to one, and claiming their second of four championships. Taeshan went on to win the third place series, sweeping Yafor 2 two games to none.

WBC 13 (Hosted by Qazox)
1st: Taeshan (3-1)
2nd: Cassadaigua
3rd: Secristan
4th: Tocrowkia (forfeited)
Qazox once again returned as hosts for World Baseball Classic 13, and as usual, did a great job of hosting. WBC 13 is unique in that it is the only tournament between WBC 7 and WBC 16 in which the Newmanistan team did not place in the top four. Newmanistan looked to have a lot of prospect early in the season, going 7-1 in the preliminary round, and then beating Barnettsville two games to one in the round of sixteen. The quarterfinals proved to be a tough series though, against Taeshan, who had been seen as the underdog in the series. All three games were close and only won by one run, and the first two games of the series went into long extra innings. Taeshan came out on top though, becoming the first team ever to eliminate Newmanistan before the semifinals. Meanwhile, Cassadaigua too was finding success. Their team squeaked by with some close victories and won some close series, including a semifinals against Tocrowkia, where Cassadaigua came back from a 2-1 deficit to win the series 3-2 and clinch their first chance to play for the title. Taeshan just barely beat Secristan in the semifinals, but finally earned its advancement to the finals round since WBC 6 when they were swept by Qazox. Taeshan and Cassadaigua had both been underdogs in some sense for many seasons, but it was in this finals series where they both got to bask in their own glory. Taeshan ended up on top, winning its first only championship in WBC history three games to one. Cassadaigua received its only second place finish, as the team would go on to play in three more finals series and would win them all. Their was no third place series, because the team from Tocrowkia was extremely humiliated and frustrated to be defeated in the semifinals by Cassadaigua, and so they refused to play in the third place series. Secristan was given the title of third place, due to Tocrowkia's forfeit.

WBC 14 (Hosted by Newmanistan)
1st: Cassadaigua (3-2)
2nd: Newmanistan
3rd: Sarzonia (2-1)
4th: Quintessence of Dust
Newmanistan hosted World Baseball Classic 14, and was able to re-establish itself as a presence in the tournament by hosting a clean tournament and putting up a good season as well. Sarzonia had a great opening to the season, and they looked like they had a great chance to win it, having lost only one game all season going into the semifinals. Meanwhile, Newmanistan, as usual, was dominating and eliminating every team that it faced. In the background and not drawing much attention to itself was Cassadaigua, who surprised the baseball world by sweeping Sarzonia, in what many thought would be a Sarzonia vs. Newmanistan match up for the championship. The team was very qualified though, having just played in the last championship series against Taeshan, though they lost. Cassadaigua hoped to put up a fight against Newmanistan and prove that they were a force to be reckoned with. The series was very close, and the teams went back and forth, fighting it out to the very end, but when it was all over, Cassadaigua was on top, winning its first of three championships three games to one. Newmanistan was once again defeated, coming so close to the title. It is sometimes hard to tell if Newmanistan is the luckiest or the most unlucky team in WBC history, since they won so many times, but also failed to win despite being so close on so many occasions. Sarzonia did win the third place series, beating Quintessence of Dust two games to one.

WBC 15 (Hosted by The Babbage Islands)
1st: Newmanistan (3-1)
2nd: Zwangzug
3rd: Tocrowkia (1-0)
4th: Sarzonia
World Baseball Classic 15 was hosted by The Babbage Islands very smoothly. This WBC once again displayed Newmanistan's dominance over all competition, as the team became the third team in WBC history to be three-time champions. Newmanistan had a tough road to the championship, and faced a rematch of WBC 14 against Cassadaigua that went to the maximum of three games, but Newmanistan was able to push past the Cassadaigua team and eliminate them in that quarterfinals round, which was a disappointing finish, since the team had finished in the top two over the past two seasons. Sarzonia also had a great season, but once again fell frustratingly close, being swept by Zwangzug in the semifinals and then losing the third place game to Tocrowkia. Zwangzug once again was in its glory, making it to the championship for the first time since WBC 12, when their team was beaten by Newmanistan. Unfortunately for them, their opponent in the finals was once again Newmanistan, and Newmanistan put them away again, winning the series three games to one, and the team celebrated its third championship. Tocrowkia also won the third place game in a landslide 7-1 victory over Sarzonia, as they decided not to forfeit this time.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:02 pm

THE ROCKET REPORT

RELIVING THE KEISLER DAYS IN THE KEISLER GROUP

by Brianne Henry

Pocono City- As I sit here in my hotel room following the Rockets 4-3 win over Jeckland, I start to think about the importance of the win. Yeah, it improved Newmanistan to 7-3, and they are behind the undefeated Tigers right now in the Keisler Group. I want to start moving in to what should be analysis of where Newmanistan would stand in the playoff picture, since it appears as though they are a lot more comfortable in their position then we would have expected. Jeckland started well but has been lethargic lately. Something is going on there and I do feel for them, as it is a good baseball playing nation and they probably deserve better. But right now their qualifying campaign is performing like a laptop with a broken charger, it just won’t come to life no matter how hard you try. So Newmanistan is second in the Keisler Group.

The Keisler Group. How many of these young pups out there know who Stacey Keisler ever was? Stacey Keisler was a legend, but mostly because of her dominant nature. (OOC: The legend of Stacey Keisler can best be understood that every time I planned for her to start, I would get a game scorinated that day of us winning by shutout, or two or less In the finals, Keisler had a sub-1.00 ERA based on scorinated scores of her planned starts, and without me saying runs were unearned to accomplish that). There is no better pitcher out there in the history of baseball, and as her career drew to a close, she got a lot of respect from other nations in what she actually accomplished. Her daughter Courtney would follow in her footsteps to a point, pitching in a couple classics before she decided to follow a career playing soccer and appeared in the World Cup. There were five editions of the Keisler Cup, which was a series of tournaments of the U-21, U-16, and U-13 variety. It was a great series of tournaments that took place between World Baseball Classics for a short period of time. Stacey is up above watching us now, and so is Courtney. Their legacies are a part of baseball history, and that is a history that needs to live on. Hopefully there are a few nations out there taking another look at what she was able to do.

When I think about Courtney Duvall’s beginning to the Classic, I can’t help think about the great Stacey Keisler. We all know that Courtney is the best pitcher in the Empire, but is she following the lead of Keisler? In her first start, she allowed just one earned run in nine innings. Start number two saw a complete game shutout against Jeckland. So that’s 18 innings, one run allowed for a 0.50 ERA, and 24K’s. It is just a start, but we are in an era now of Newmanistan where we are going to look for new heroes. Kind of like Jessica Brasfield became the new legendary pitcher here after Stacey Keisler retired.

Oh, who could forget “Brash”field. The aggressive trash talker knew she was good and would be the first one to gloat about it after the game. The rivalry she had with a Tarrentum superstar in WBC 17 was classical, made especially fun when the Rockets made the greatest comeback ever in World Baseball Classic history. Has it been beaten by another amazing comeback in the meantime? Who knows, but we’ll put that finals comeback from 3 games to none to win in seven up against anything. I especially love looking back at that Classic because the Rockets never felt defeated. They knew that they had Courtney Ratigan and Jessica Brasfield pitching back to back in games five and six, and that they just had to get by in game four. When they won game 4, you would have been surprised with the level of confidence that was seen in the Sky Blue locker room. Ratigan was another true pitching star, and it is great to see both of them getting a high level of respect by naming the groups after them. Manager Christina Sanders, the only manager Newmanistan ever had in the World Baseball Classic before this one also gets such an honor. The other groups with the speedy Brittany Wright, perhaps the most feared basestealer you will ever see because other nations simply don’t try to steal bases as aggressively as we do anymore; or the clutch hitting first baseman Natalie Monroe, or the power threat Meghan Butler also do well to put names of the past back in the limelight. Can’t forget Michelle Weinman and the constant, “How does such a small female with skinny stature have such amazing power?” debates. Happy to see her there as well.

It is pitching that I want to talk about because it is pitching that has always made Newmanistan tick. That is how the Rockets want to beat you, they aren’t looking for the big name power threats, although they have some good ones in the lineup. Dominant pitching, inning by inning by inning. No, Super-Llamaland has not seen that side of us yet, but in time even they may be fondly looking back on the day they put up 10 against us. Even with that ten run debacle, Newmanistan has given up just 33 runs so far. Here are the teams that have given up less runs: Schilzberg (16), Nova Anglicana (18, and 10-0), Ethane (20), South Yerfilag (24), Nassau-Hessen (30), Maklohi Vai (30), Anglatia (31, but is 4-5), Super-Llamaland (27, in one fewer game). The Serbian Empire has also given up 33. So, yes, there are some teams that are doing it better then us but when considering that the Rockets didn’t have the recent experience that some of these other teams did, I think it really puts in perspective that the Rockets are molding themselves into the type of team our grandparents and great-grandparents were able to watch.

Courtney Duvall is a big reason for that, and when she hits the mound for her next start, the opponent is going to be Outworld, on the road. There might be some out there wondering why manager Ashley Stevens does not simply hold off pitching Duvall against Super-Llamaland, but those are the people who don’t know that the Rockets have a tradition of not breaking their rotation at any time. That is because they don’t consider someone a “#1", a “#2" or a “#3", etc. They are all number ones, all are aces, and all get treated accordingly. So then when Duvall hits the mound against Outworld, we wonder if she will be able to add to those amazing early numbers that she has put forth so far. If you watch film of Keisler or of Brasfield, you would probably be inclined to want to see which one Duvall best compares too. Keisler brought the heat, though was a well-rounded pitcher. She generally kept herself out of trouble or getting involved in trash talking and simply let her teammate (both on the national team and with the Southport Tigers) Carrie Nicolette handle that. Carrie did that very well, too. “Brash”field didn’t only earn that nickname because it worked with her last name, it is because that is exactly what she was. Jessica’s strengths were her curveball and slider, but she could add in the heat when needed. She picked up strikeouts, and then let you know you were struck out afterwards. She would come after you. She would hit you if she needed to, and if you charged the mound, you she was going to defend herself if a teammate let you get to her in the first place. Pitching style wise, Courtney Duvall is like Brasfield in their overall makeup, but she is not really looking to showboat on the mound. While she knows she is good as well, she is generally more a business-like pitcher, and that is just fine. Though it may just be because the team is just getting started in the Classic again.

Plenty of more excitement awaits, but as they stand right now, Newmanistan would be ranked at the top of all the second place teams right now and be the number 9-seed in the playoffs. They are just a tick ahead of Gregoryisgodistan for that distinction. This would put them in the 8-9 round against the “worst” first place team, and that might not be a bad thing. It’s starting to get a little exciting now, that is for sure!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:58 am

TDDROH Sports chat

Maklohi Vai            1 2 0 2 0 0 0 1 0  6
The DDR of Herp 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

West Saintland 0 1 1 1 1 3 0 0 5 12
The DDR of Herp 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 3

Hopeful feelings dashed today as fans saw there hope for getting into second disappearing in two big losses.
Games 9-10 did not as well as fans hoped, with game 9 being a major loss with no score on the board and, game 10 getting crushed with a score of 12-3.

However, not is all lost as, Amalthea 'The Last Unicorn' Beagle pitched three perfect innings in game nine and 2 and a half innings in game ten.

In more good news to come out of this train wreck, Steve 'The bat' Gat with one strike and two balls, got a two run homer in game ten with Dave 'The King' Haggard as the second run.

Fans across the nation need sometime to get over that massive loss in game ten however, but it seems like they are not willing to give up yet.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Elizabeth Avenue

Sports, Politics, Pop Culture and a whole lot more

NABL Prospects Preview

In the following days, we're going to be doing extensive previews of the farm systems of the twelve teams of the NABL, division by division. We're starting with the Eastern Division and the Aquae Sulis Trappers.

Aquae Sulis Trappers Top 7 Prospects

The list and grades are a blending of present performance and long-term potential.

GRADE MEANINGS

Grade A prospects are the elite. In theory, they have a good chance of becoming stars or superstars. Usually, most Grade A prospects develop into at least major league regulars, but in some cases (injury), they don't quite pan out.

Grade B prospects have a good chance to be successful. Some will become stars, some will not. Most will spend at least some time in the majors.

Grade C prospects are the most common type. These are guys who have something positive going for them, but who may have a question mark or three. A few Grade C guys, do develop into stars. Many end up as bench guys. Many don’t make it at all.

Finally, keep in mind that all grades are shorthand. A Grade C prospect in the Labrador League could end up being a great players, while a Grade C prospect in the Maritime League isn't likely to go anywhere.

1) Damon Singleton, RHP, Grade A-: Age 22, class of the Trappers system, drafted in 1st round last year, posted 2.49 ERA in 111 innings in Twin Province League and Maritime League with 122/48 K/BB and 108 hits; pitched very well for a young guy in Maritime League; big knock on him is his 6-0, 170 pound frame, team thinks he'll build muscle with time, with fastball at 92-96, peaks at 98; very good slider out-pitch; change-up is mediocre; control is ahead of his command to specific spots, but he’s improving and will be ready for a trial soon. Upside: number one starter if he stays healthy. ETA late next year.

2) Henry Love, 3B, Grade B-: Age 20, first round draft pick two years ago out of high school, hit combined .268/.325/.469 in TPL, 24 doubles, 26 homers, 36 walks, 108 strikeouts in 416 at-bats; right-hander with incredible power and a strong arm, but 3-1 K/BB is extremely troubling; tools are there, but he's still extremely raw. ETA: late next year if he improves his plate discipline, two to three years if he keeps striking out like this.

3) Alex Buchanan, CF, Grade B-: Age 23, international free agent signing out of the US two years ago; hit .286/.344/.378 in Maritime League with 15 doubles, 3 homers, 44 steals, 51 walks, and 67 strikeouts in 455 at-bats; speedy outfielder with good patience and very little power; defensive skills are above-average with the exception of a below-average throwing arm. ETA next year.

4) Jamie Wilson, RHP, Grade C+: Age 21, 3rd round pick three years ago out of high school; 3.99 ERA in 79 innings with 95/49 K/BB ratio in TPL last year, but posted 2.25 ERA as a reliever in 16 innings last year; despite youth and decent surface numbers he draws wildly varying evaluations; agreement exists on his strong throwing arm and plus fastball, but erratic feel for the strike zone and mediocre secondaries is a big handicap; some observers think he can improve substantially and still make it as a starter but this is not unanimous; shows promise as a reliever. ETA: next year as a reliever, three years if he stays a starter.

5) Steven Webb, LHP, Grade C+: Age 24, 2nd round pick three years ago; 3.45 ERA with 86/22 K/BB ratio and 120 hits allowed in 124 innings in Maritime League; left-handed pitcher with athleticism, solid 6'2, 215 frame; 90 MPH fastball is underwhelming, but league-average curve and changeup are his bread and butter; command and control already at a big league level; low-ceiling, high-floor player who could be a 4/5 starter type. ETA: will definitely see time in the bigs next year, question is will he stick?

6) Brendan Fischer, C, Grade C+: Age 19, 3rd round pick two years ago; hit .261/.321/.399 in 388 at-bats in Twin Province League, ten homers, 27 doubles, 35 walks, 64 strikeouts; right-handed hitter with excellent physical tools except for speed, power potential is at least below-average, arm strength is great, but has a lot to work on with blocking and framing; performance may not match physical tools for quite a while; high ceiling, high risk player. ETA: three years from now.

7) Grant Norris, 1B, Grade C+: Age 23, second round pick two years, hit .237/.307/.450 in 438 at-bats in the Maritime League; 21 homers and 30 doubles showcases great raw power; 44 walks and 99 strikeouts; average range but below-average arm means he's less suited to a full-time 1B role; definite trade bait. ETA: two years from now, though maybe next year if traded.

OTHER GRADE C+: Abel Maldonado, 2B; Kurt Sanders, CF; Tim Riley, RF; Kyle McDaniel, RHP;

Selected GRADE C prospects: Rick Shelton, 3B; Cody Klein, LHP; David Nichols, RHP; Al Roberts, 1B; Gilberto Sandoval, SS; Will Gregory, RHP; Matt Barber, LHP; Brad Gibson, LF;

The reason for the list being Top 7 prospects instead of a base 10 number is that with three minor leagues at 25 players on each roster, the farm system consists of 75 players. Thus the Top 7 prospects are the top 10% of every organization.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Anglatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglatia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:37 pm

The loss to South Yerfilag stung, but the Explorers players had the feeling that it had more to do with them than their opponents. Domotor Marian had another rough start, and for the first time in the history of the national baseball team, it seemed that their starting pitching wasn't reliable. Whether that was because of lack of talent or because they all hated each other remained to be seen. Once again, the Redcaps had a losing record, and once again, there were arguments in the locker room afterwards.

"I can't win if they don't give me any run support," complained Domotor, speaking to Arianne Venczel but speaking loud enough that the others could hear, also. "I only gave up two earned runs... Doesn't stop the others from trying to pin this loss on me."

"If they're trying to blame this on you, than fuck em," Arianne replied, throwing her glove down as she walked in. She'd just finished closing the game out, because even though she was a starting pitcher, she had a knack for using her knuckleball to help the team in late game situations. "This isn't your fault. Or Sylvester's, or mine. If they want to blame someone, they should blame Shamus for striking out looking when we had the bases loaded."

"Fuck Shamus," Domotor agreed, sitting down in the corner and glancing up to see where the others were. "He talks big and says that Leif and him are doing just fine as captain and vice captain, and then goes out there and blows it. At least I had an RBI. Our only one of the game, for that matter. Him and Leif and Eric take all of the glory when we win, and none of the blame when we lose. That goes for club and country."

"Than why don't you follow me to Sungri? I'm sure you can get a good contract there, and we're really looking for a strikeout pitcher like you. Devon throws fast, but he's not as accurate and he doesn't have your changeup. We could use someone like you-"

"Sorry, Ari, but I don't want to be the third wheel in the rotation. It's bad enough that I'm stuck in that role for the Redcaps," sighed Domotor, holding his head in his hands in frustration. "I'm ready to force my way out this season or wait for free agency next season, but I'm going somewhere where I can be the ace. I'd be the ace on any team except for the Storm or the Foxes, you know that, right?"

"Of course. Look, I don't disagree when you say that it's time to get away from the Storm. I just wish you took my advice earlier and came to Sungri with me. We could have continued our run, except we'd be getting revenge on Leif and his groupies," Arianne replied, referring to the rest of her old teammates as Leif's groupies. "We lacked playoff pitching depth and that was what kept us out of the final, but if we had someone like you, with a filthy changeup... Who knows what would have happened?"

They were interrupted by Devon Patil, who butted into their conversation to the annoyance of the both of them. "Guys, there's a team meeting. We're supposed to head to the conference room ASAP, we're delaying the press conference for it. Come on-"

Coach Michael Chaudari must have called a meeting to address ending their skid and ending the infighting that was causing them to have a losing record, but Arianne wasn't having it. "We're staying right where we are. I'm not going to any team meeting as long as Leif Erlunder is the captain and Shamus Duffy is the vice captain," she said, rolling her eyes like a defiant teenager. "Tell Mike that me and Domotor are officially on mutiny until he changes something."

"You sure this is the best idea?" asked Domotor, looking between her and Devon.

"I'm pretty damn sure. I tried to talk to him but he's not listening, and now it's time to turn that talk into action," she explained. "You're with me, right? Losing two of his best pitchers would sure push him to make some changes. Or at least it would get him to listen seriously to us."

"I'm with you then, Ari. Let's hope that this actually brings change, and doesn't just get us blacklisted from the national team," Domotor stated. "Sorry, Devon. You're going to have to tell coach that I'm not coming, either. I've gotten the short end of the stick too, after all."

"I'll do it, but I don't think he'll be happy," remarked Devon, turning to go. "I hope you're making the right choice, though. Especially you, Arianne. You might think that you're the most powerful person on this team, but that could all change real quick if you get on the bad side of upper management... It's happened to good athletes before, and you aren't invincible."

Arianne just chuckled and gave Devon a crooked grin. "You don't know that."

"I don't know if it's the best choice either, but unlike some managers I know, I have loyalty," Domotor said. "We'll worry about upper management when we get to that stage. For now... We don't know how they'll even react. Who knows? They could be willing to listen."

"Or they could throw you off of the team for mutiny-"

"Both of us? I think we're too important for that. But we'll see, Devon. Either way, we won't have to deal with our insufferable captain any more. I wouldn't mind an early vacation, anyway," Domotor replied. "You're welcome to join us, you know. Don't you want to support your club teammate?"

"Not to the extent that I'm willing to risk getting kicked out," Devon sighed. "Good luck with this, guys. I sure hope that you don't get kicked off, because if you do, we're dead in the water for the rest of this tournament. Remember that... It's not all about yourselves."
THE EMPIRE OF GREATER ANGLATIA: Partially retired loner
Sports Victories: Sporting World Cup II, Beach Cup XII, Emperor's Cup I Champions and Emperor's Cup II Runner Ups, Sporting World Cup I Third Place, U15 WC 9 Third place

Kinzenland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinzenland » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Convicts win in Schiltzberg

Take a moment to comprehend that title. A nation, playing at home, that has won four of the last five World Baseball Classic’s, took on a team of amateurs, and lost. Not even are they amateurs, but they are convicted felons. In our last article, we touched on some plausible theories that could explain how they have been able to win games, but even they were assuming losing to Schiltzberg would be a given. Even another game, rallying for two in the bottom of the ninth to beat Hicanas In Exile 6-5 was a stunning thrill. However, news of the team’s 7-3 record is not making everyone happy. Civil rights activist Eliza Reyna has put together a petition to the legislature that calls for President Neil Marion to either resign or be impeached over this. The petition has received the minimum number of signatures on it in order to force the legislature to, at minimum, discuss the topic at their next session. That session will occur in one week time. Portions of the petition read,

“The idea behind the World Baseball Classic was flawed from the start. These men and a couple women committed crimes that should have them locked up for a real long time, away from the public eye. In no way should they have been allowed to return to the public eye, which allowing them to represent the country has done. We should have taken the high road and not thought that it would be fun to watch them be humiliated while our real best baseball players do not get the opportunity to represent the country.....”

“After ten games, the Convicts have found a way to win seven of them. One of those wins was against a nation that has won the championships in four of the last five competitions, so the only people being humiliated are President Marion along with his cohorts who thought up this idea and approved it. I am not a baseball expert and in fact I don’t even watch sports all that much, but I know enough of what is going on to realize that the Convicts are apparently good enough to compete at this level, and the games that they have won should indicate that they have the potential to even win more games and maybe even advance to Newmanistan. There is a good chance now that almost 75% of these players will be free once this is over.....”

“If this team advances to Newmanistan, a nation with great history in baseball so I am told, it is an embarrassment to know that they will be watching people who are convicted felons. The eventual sixteen tournament is supposed to showcase the best baseball teams in the world, and not the kind of garbage that we could, potentially, be bringing there.....”

“President Marion has disgraced the nation of Kinzenland and this petition calls for him to resign, or to be impeached.”

In other news, we have taken polls as the tournament has gone on to see what percentage of the population is supporting the Convicts, and not rooting against them.

Before tournament: 0.05%
After opening day: 1.5%
After 2-3 start: 1.5%
After 5-3 start: 8%
Immediately after defeating Schiltzberg: 27%

Quite a big leap right there!

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Frenlinian Factation

Article A
12/28/16

Dominating Delpha Duly Destroys Dingoes
-Parker Tinwit

Can anything stop the Anacondas? You'd think a team named after an aggressive animal known for killing reptiles would be able to handle the task. But no, we crushed them by a humiliating eight points, pushing us higher into first place in our group. Of course, there are talks of a destiny, a certain thing the Anacondas are guarenteed to have. And that is a championship. I don't buy into it, but I do believe this team has the ability to go as far as they want in this tournament. Sure, there's no shortage of stiff competition, and Frenline Delpha is admittedly in a weak group, with the only worthy opponent being The Serbian Empire, our only loss thus far. However, we know this team is hot on the trail of revenge after their embarrasing loss last season, and they are showing it so far (especially the offense). So far, the Anacondas have scored more runs than anyone else, with 79 in ten games. The second best team based on offense has only 68 runs in ten games. That team would be the venerable Super-Llamaland, a nation also on the hunt for redemption after they lost in the finals to reigning champion Schiltzberg. Coming into this game was the lowest on the Anacondas' starting pitcher totem poll, both in the sense of its order and the skill of each player, Arkonus. He was the one who dropped seven runs to The Serbian Empire in the first inning five games ago, and he was looking for some form of redemption in his next outing. He would find it.

Arkonus started out on fire, hitting three straight pitches in the strike zone to retire the first batter for the Dingoes. He then got the second batter to ground out to first base for the second out, and the third person swung as a sinker that caught him off guard for three outs. Now, it was the An\acondas' offense's chance to show what they were made of. Lain started off the game with a hit, like usual, but this one was just a single, with not too much grandure. Then, Dredge flew out to right field, which brought up Haman, who pulled off a scorching single that allowed Lain to cruise into third ahead of the throw from the right fielder. Unfortunately, the next two batters recorded outs, so the inning moved to the second. Arkonus remained dominant on the mound, but it was the Anacondas' offense that became the star of that inning.

Jehosez started off the inning with a double that blooped just in front of the left fielder, who thenslightly overran it, giving Jehosez second. Defelt followed up the exciting double with a nicely hit single of his own. After Defelt struck out, Arkonus was hit by a pitch that curved too much, allowing the Anacondas to load the bases for one of their best players on the roster, Chris Lain. He did not dissapoint the home crowd. With one strike against him, he focused his eyes on the pitcher, waiting for the windup and release. Putting as much into the swing as he had, Lain walloped the ball deep, deep, and back... that is, until it hit the top of the stadium. However, as it fell, the crowd realized just how hard he had hit the ball. It had hit the ceiling above the home run section and feel into the stands. It was a monster of a hit, and it also was a grand slam, a great feat in baseball. Lain slwoly rounded the bases, gleefully touching each one as the crowd cheered him on. The Anacondas had taken the lead, 4-0.

The Anaconda followed up the grand slam with a one-two-three inning in the third and only a double in the fourth, courtesy of Arkonus, of all people. They then proceeded to hit into a triple play with bases loaded in the fifth. However, they clearly were not done scoring yet, as they proved with their next turn at bat.Jehosez again started off the inning with another double, and Defelt followed suit. This hit allowed Jehosez to turn on the jets and round his way all the way into the plate for anothe Anaconda run. Hector then followed up those two hits with his own single that prevented the defense from getting the ball into third to prevent Defelt from advancing. With runners on the corners, Arkonus stepped up, hit the ball, recorded the run from Defelt, and made it safely to first. However, Lain would follow up thos hits with a fly out, keeping the runners where they were, at second and third. Dredge then came up to the plate, determined to drive in a run or two. Not surpisingly, he did. The ball reached the wall before an outfielder got to it, but the throw was too late to prevent both Hector and Arkonus from scoring and inflating the Anacondas' lead even more, this time to a hefty 8-0. Haman was then walked by a new Dingoes' pitcher, amd Manteis drove in the final run for the Anacondas off of a single throught he gap between shortstop and third baseman. However, Trifort would ground into a one-four-three double play to end the inning.

The Dingoes managed to get one run in the top of the seventh, but it was too little too late as the game drew to a close with the Anacondas victorious again by the score of 9-0. When aaked about the streak, Manager Tristen Smalls said, "I'm happy with our guys right now. We're putting big number across the board, and we're playing like a team. It was good to see Arkonus recover from that loss, and we can't wait to see what we do later on. But, currently, we are taking it one game at a time, looking to dominate the remaining group schedule and start the round of sixteen as the best in the tournament. However, that is a long time from now." Good luck, Anacondas.

Candelli                0 0 0  0 0 0  1 0 0    1  1   0
Frenline Delpha 0 4 0 0 0 5 0 0 X 9 14 0

W: Arkonus (1-1) L: Bolton (0-2)

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Matchday 13:
Sanders Group
Frenline Delpha 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2
Oconeee 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The Serbian Empire 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 2
Candelli 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

1 Frenline Delpha 11 10 1 81 42 +39 30
2 The Serbian Empire 10 7 3 38 34 +4 21
3 Korizland 10 6 4 39 42 −3 18
4 Oconeee 10 2 8 35 49 −14 6
5 Candelli 11 1 10 39 65 −26 3

Keisler Group
Outworld 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2
Jeckland 0 1 0 0 2 0 3 0 X 6

Super-Llamaland 1 2 1 0 4 1 1 1 0 11
West Phoencia 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3

1 Super-Llamaland 10 10 0 79 30 +49 30
2 Newmanistan 10 7 3 48 33 +15 21
3 Jeckland 10 4 6 32 37 −5 12
4 West Phoencia 11 3 8 35 73 −38 9
5 Outworld 11 2 9 37 58 −21 6

Brasfield Group
Kinzenland 0 0 1 3 0 0 4 4 3 15
Sandberg 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3

Schiltzberg 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 2 0 6
Hicanans In Exile 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3

1 Schiltzberg 10 8 2 50 19 +31 24
2 Kinzenland 11 8 3 55 38 +17 24
3 Cosumar 10 5 5 48 45 +3 15
4 Hicanans In Exile 11 4 7 44 58 −14 12
5 Sandberg 10 1 9 36 73 −37 3

Ratigan Group
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
-United States Of America 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 5

Titovija 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 0 1 6
United States Of Devonta 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 1 1 5

1 Nova Anglicana 10 10 0 55 18 +37 30
2 Abanhfleft 11 5 6 57 52 +5 15
3 United States Of Devonta 11 5 6 51 52 −1 15
4 Titovija 10 5 5 49 58 −9 15
5 -United States Of America 10 1 9 25 57 −32 3

Monroe Group
Gregoryisgodistan 0 1 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 5
Ethane 2 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 X 8

-Anthor- 0 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 5
Turkmenbasyn 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 4

1 Ethane 10 9 1 50 25 +25 27
2 Gregoryisgodistan 11 7 4 52 43 +9 21
3 -Anthor- 10 6 4 57 42 +15 18
4 Nagore 10 2 8 34 55 −21 6
5 Turkmenbasyn 11 2 9 30 58 −28 6

Wright Group
Republic Of Rawn 0 0 0 0 0 7 1 1 0 9
Drawkland 5 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 8

Equatorial Zeldean 0 0 2 0 0 0 4 3 0 9
Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 1 0 1 0 3 0 0 1 0 6

1 Nassau-Hessen 10 7 3 53 30 +23 21
2 Drawkland 10 6 4 50 44 +6 18
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 11 5 6 40 41 -1 15
4 Equatorial Zeldean 10 4 6 37 49 −12 12
5 Republic Of Rawn 11 4 7 48 64 -16 12

Butler Group
Juvencus 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 5
Anglatia 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

Southern Democratic States 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Free Republics 1 1 0 2 0 3 0 0 X 7

1 South Yerfilag 10 8 2 46 24 +22 24
2 Free Republics 11 6 5 48 42 +6 18
3 Southern Democratic States 10 5 5 55 48 +7 15
4 Anglatia 10 4 6 31 36 −5 12
5 Juvencus 11 3 8 35 65 −30 9

Weinman Group
West Saintland 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 4
Islana Lunigo 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

The DDR of Herp 3 0 1 0 0 3 0 0 3 10
Dimetrija 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 2 8

1 Maklohi Vai 10 8 2 51 30 +21 24
2 West Saintland 11 8 3 52 38 +14 24
3 The DDR of Herp 10 5 5 41 55 −14 15
4 Dimetrija 11 3 8 45 56 −11 9
5 Islana Lunigo 10 2 8 34 44 −10 6

Matchday 14:
Sanders Group
Oconeee 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 8
The Serbian Empire 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 1 0 5

Korizland 1 1 2 0 4 5 0 1 0 14
Frenline Delpha 1 1 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 5

1 Frenline Delpha 12 10 2 86 56 +30 30
2 Korizland 11 7 4 53 47 +6 21
3 The Serbian Empire 11 7 4 43 42 +1 21
4 Oconeee 11 3 8 43 54 −11 9
5 Candelli 11 1 10 39 65 −26 3

Keisler Group
Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 2 2 1 2 0 X 7

Newmanistan 1 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 5
Outworld 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2

1 Super-Llamaland 11 11 0 86 30 +56 33
2 Newmanistan 11 8 3 53 35 +18 24
3 Jeckland 11 4 7 32 44 −12 12
4 West Phoencia 11 3 8 35 73 −38 9
5 Outworld 12 2 10 39 63 −24 6

Brasfield Group
Sandberg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2
Schiltzberg 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 3

Cosumar 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 3
Kinzenland 0 0 2 0 1 1 1 2 X 7

1 Schiltzberg 11 9 2 53 21 +32 27
2 Kinzenland 12 9 3 62 41 +21 27
3 Cosumar 11 5 6 51 52 −1 15
4 Hicanans In Exile 11 4 7 44 58 −14 12
5 Sandberg 11 1 10 38 76 −38 3

Ratigan Group
-United States Of America 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 3
Titovija 0 0 2 1 2 0 0 1 X 6

Nova Anglicana 0 1 2 0 0 0 1 2 0 6
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2

1 Nova Anglicana 11 11 0 61 20 +41 33
2 Titovija 11 6 5 55 61 −6 18
3 Abanhfleft 12 5 7 59 58 +1 15
4 United States Of Devonta 11 5 6 51 52 −1 15
5 -United States Of America 11 1 10 28 63 −35 3

Monroe Group
Ethane 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 6
-Anthor- 0 3 0 1 0 0 0 3 X 7

Nagore 0 3 0 3 1 0 0 0 1 8
Gregoryisgodistan 1 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 5

1 Ethane 11 9 2 56 32 +24 27
2 -Anthor- 11 7 4 64 48 +16 21
3 Gregoryisgodistan 12 7 5 57 51 +6 21
4 Nagore 11 3 8 42 60 −18 9
5 Turkmenbasyn 11 2 9 30 58 −28 6

Wright Group
Drawkland 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 3
Equatorial Zeldean 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

Nassau-Hessen 1 0 0 2 3 1 0 1 1 9
Republic Of Rawn 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Nassau-Hessen 11 8 3 62 30 +32 24
2 Drawkland 11 7 4 53 45 +8 21
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 11 5 6 40 41 -1 15
4 Equatorial Zeldean 11 4 7 38 52 −14 12
5 Republic Of Rawn 12 4 8 48 73 -25 12

Butler Group
Anglatia 0 2 3 0 0 0 1 1 0 7
Southern Democratic States 0 0 3 0 1 1 0 1 0 6

South Yerfilag 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 5
Juvencus 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

1 South Yerfilag 11 9 2 51 25 +26 27
2 Free Republics 11 6 5 48 42 +6 18
3 Southern Democratic States 11 5 6 61 55 +6 15
4 Anglatia 11 5 6 38 42 −4 15
5 Juvencus 12 3 9 36 70 −34 9

Weinman Group
Islana Lunigo 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
The DDR of Herp 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 5

Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 1 0 2 2 2 0 7
West Saintland 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

1 Maklohi Vai 11 9 2 58 31 +27 27
2 West Saintland 12 8 4 53 45 +8 24
3 The DDR of Herp 11 6 5 46 58 −12 18
4 Dimetrija 11 3 8 45 56 −11 9
5 Islana Lunigo 11 2 9 37 49 −12 6

Matchday 15:
Sanders Group
The Serbian Empire 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 4
Korizland 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 X 5

Candelli 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 4
Oconeee 0 0 0 5 0 1 0 0 X 6

1 Frenline Delpha 12 10 2 86 56 +30 30
2 Korizland 12 8 4 58 51 +7 24
3 The Serbian Empire 12 7 5 47 47 0 21
4 Oconeee 12 4 8 49 58 −9 12
5 Candelli 12 1 11 43 71 −28 3

Keisler Group
Super-Llamaland 1 1 0 0 4 3 0 0 2 11
Newmanistan 0 0 1 2 1 1 0 0 0 5

West Phoencia 0 2 0 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 3 9
Jeckland 0 2 0 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 6

1 Super-Llamaland 12 12 0 97 35 +62 36
2 Newmanistan 12 8 4 58 46 +12 24
3 Jeckland 12 4 8 38 53 −15 12
4 West Phoencia 12 4 8 44 79 −35 12
5 Outworld 12 2 10 39 63 −24 6

Brasfield Group
Schiltzberg 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Hicanans In Exile 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2
Sandberg 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 X 4

1 Schiltzberg 12 10 2 57 21 +36 30
2 Kinzenland 12 9 3 62 41 +21 27
3 Cosumar 12 5 7 51 56 −5 15
4 Hicanans In Exile 12 4 8 46 62 −16 12
5 Sandberg 12 2 10 42 78 −36 6

Ratigan Group
Titovija 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2
Nova Anglicana 0 0 3 0 0 2 1 1 X 7

United States Of Devonta 2 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 5
-United States Of America 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 4

1 Nova Anglicana 12 12 0 68 22 +46 36
2 United States Of Devonta 12 6 6 56 56 0 18
3 Titovija 12 6 6 57 68 −11 18
4 Abanhfleft 12 5 7 59 58 +1 15
5 -United States Of America 12 1 11 32 68 −36 3

Monroe Group
-Anthor- 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 4 0 7
Nagore 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2

Turkmenbasyn 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 4
Ethane 0 0 0 0 1 6 0 0 X 7

1 Ethane 12 10 2 63 36 +27 30
2 -Anthor- 12 8 4 71 50 +21 24
3 Gregoryisgodistan 12 7 5 57 51 +6 21
4 Nagore 12 3 9 44 67 −23 9
5 Turkmenbasyn 12 2 10 34 65 −31 6

Wright Group
Equatorial Zeldean 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
Nassau-Hessen 1 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 X 5

Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 2
Drawkland 0 0 5 0 4 0 1 3 X 13

1 Nassau-Hessen 12 9 3 67 32 +35 27
2 Drawkland 12 8 4 66 47 +19 24
3 Hrvatska i Prekodunvlje 12 5 7 42 54 -12 15
4 Equatorial Zeldean 12 4 8 40 57 −17 12
5 Republic Of Rawn 12 4 8 48 73 -25 12

Butler Group
Southern Democratic States 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 2 5
South Yerfilag 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 3

Free Republics 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Anglatia 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 3

1 South Yerfilag 12 9 3 54 30 +24 27
2 Southern Democratic States 12 6 6 66 58 +8 18
3 Free Republics 12 6 6 49 45 +4 18
4 Anglatia 12 6 6 41 43 −2 18
5 Juvencus 12 3 9 36 70 −34 9

Weinman Group
The DDR of Herp 0 0 1 0 0 1 3 0 0 5
Maklohi Vai 4 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 X 7

Dimetrija 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Islana Lunigo 1 0 2 2 0 1 1 0 X 7

1 Maklohi Vai 12 10 2 65 36 +29 30
2 West Saintland 12 8 4 53 45 +8 24
3 The DDR of Herp 12 6 6 51 65 −14 18
4 Islana Lunigo 12 3 9 44 49 −5 9
5 Dimetrija 12 3 9 45 63 −18 9

Scorination resumes Monday, 12/26. Let's get a lot of RP's between now and then!
Last edited by Newmanistan on Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports