NATION

PASSWORD

NS Archery Tourney | Calix City Open [ NSA Sanctioned ]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:41 pm

“Good win, guys,” Lihi batKidla said to her team mates. “Time to take it back on the individual side.”

“I wish we didn’t have to go against each other the other day,” Lior batAryeh said in response. “You’re way too good to be eliminated that early. I still can’t believe I managed to edge you out.”

“These things happen. And that is how a great archery matchup goes anyway. One point of difference between the two.”

“True,” Eyal benOren interjected. “Lior, you need to make sure you push hard tomorrow against Lucroy. The Kebecois are having a much better time in this tournament than was expected. Home field advantage is having a pretty big effect here.”

“You took one down easy enough,” Lior pointed out. “And the local news organizations don’t think he’s got a prayer.”

“Yeah, but the Kebecois just dominated Qasden in the team competition. There is no standard way to look at this competition. Be at your best tomorrow.”

“Aye aye, captain,” Lior replied and popped off a mock salute. “You just make sure you show Amelia Defence that Judea will not be conquered, got it?”

“Understood. Now then, who’s in the mood for some dinner? There’s a steak house I’m wanting to try out.

“Mmm… steak,” Lihi responded. “I can always go for a steak.”

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Calix City Open | Indiv. Quarterfinals

Postby Kep » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:11 pm

Cutoff VII
---
Indiv. Finals & 3rd Place Game

Indiv. Semifinals
Pete Long (West Phoencia) 99–113 Eyal benOren (House of Judah)

---
Third Place Game

Lior batAryeh (House of Judah) 109-103 Michael Reboss (Frestovenia)
Last edited by Kep on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby West Phoencia » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:12 am

West Phoenicia was an uproar today as the Calix City Open caused a shattering of dreams for the nations who wanted a 1,2,3 finish.

Overall 3rd ranked player fell by 1 point to Eyal benOren of the House of Judah. For which fans chanted as a dodgy win.

Marion Hood bowed out after losing to Michael Reboss of Frestovenia

Pete Long is the last West Phoenician archer left standing as he in turn took out Frestovenian player Theo Narmen.

West Phoenicia is placing alot of pressure on Pete Long to secure a win to keep West Phoenicia advancing in archery. He next takes on Michael Reboss, the same player who sent one of his team mates packing.

Meanwhile the West Phoenician Archery Federation is questioning how three of their top players failed to progress in the team event.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 am

“I can’t believe how badly the Phoenicians are reacting,” Lior batAryeh said. “Dodgy win? You beat Defence out fair and square.”

“I guess they had themselves convinced of their run on the top slots,” Eyal benOren replied. “I don’t understand it myself. Between the two of us there was only about 30 points missed out on. When you get top archers shooting against each other, these are the sorts of results you expect to see. One slightly off arrow determines the match every time.”

“I know that, it’s the Phoenicians that don’t understand. Tell them.”

“Somehow they just don’t seem like they are in the mood to understand that.”

“Whatever. Let’s just beat the Gelders. Then I can worry about spanking you tomorrow.” Eyal laughed.

“Will you listen to this one?” Eyal asked Lihi batKidla. “You do know I’ve got years of experience on you, right?”

“Oh, didn’t you know Eyal?” Lihi responded. “She’s got the youth and exuberance plus she already learned treachery from me. You might be in trouble.” Eyal waved dismissively at the comment.

“Whatever. Let’s focus on the team matchup. Gelderland has been doing alright, even if it has not been as well as we are. No getting complacent today. We can’t count on them to lose. We need to win.”

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Calix City Open | Team Semifinals

Postby Kep » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Cutoff VI
---
Team Semifinals

Team Semifinals
The New Telengana Rajj 211–200 Kebec
House of Judah 208–204 New Gelderland

---
Finals Fixtures

The New Telegana Rajj v. House of Judah
Last edited by Kep on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Postby West Phoencia » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:46 am

One match stands in the way of Pete Long progressing to the finals

Michael Reboss of Frestovenia was that archer. Pete Long had to beat. He had taken out one Frestovenian so far in the competition. He planned to make it two.

He wasnt internationally renowned as Ameila Defence and he wasnt from a rich family of over achievers like Marion Hood. But his heart had always been in the game. Since he crafted his own bow at the age of 8 archery had been in his blood. He had performed badly at the Aeropag Summer Olympic Games and he was taking out quickly in the first NS Archery open, but now here he was one game away from reaching the finals.

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Cutoff VII
---
Indiv. Semifinals

Indiv. Semifinals
Michael Reboss (Frestovenia) 101–108 Pete Long (West Phoencia)
Lior batAryeh (House of Judah) 99–100 Eyal benOren (House of Judah)

---
Finals Fixtures

Eyal benOren (House of Judah) v. Pete Long (West Phoencia)

3rd Place Match
Lior batAryeh (House of Judah) v. Michael Reboss (Frestovenia)

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Cutoff VIII
---
Indiv. Finals

Indiv. Finals
House of Judah 205–203 The New Telengana Rajj

---
CONGRATS TO HOUSE OF JUDAH, CALIX CITY OPEN TEAM CHAMPIONS
Last edited by Kep on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Postby West Phoencia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:49 am

Pete Long was ecstatic. He had won. Beating Michael Reboss of Frestovenia 108-101.

The only obstacle between him and first place was Eyal benOren of The House of Judah.

He had come this far he could not lose now. The House of Judah had already taken out the group event, and he was determined not to let them win the singles either.

Back home West Phoenicia Sports channel replayed his win against Reboss. Bookies had him at 5-1 odds to take out the Calix City Open. His family would be in the stands and so would team mate Marion Hood.

Ameila Defence had already left the country, taking a weeks break on some oil tycoons yacht before the next tournament. If he could take out this open it would possibly push him ahead of Ameila, it would satisfy him to see her jaw drop. She may think she was it and abit, but she would soon learn she wasnt the only West Phoenician good with a bow.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:57 am

Lihi batKidla stood behind Eyal benOren, rubbing his shoulders.

“You’ve got this, Eyal, you’ve got this,” she said as he focused his attentions on the upcoming finals match. “You go out there and show Long and the world why your family is a long line of archers.” Eyal grunted in affirmation. Lihi lifted up her hand and slapped the middle of his back to send him off to the field.

“How did that tradition between you two even start, anyways?” asked Lior batAryeh.

“College archery,” Lihi replied. “We met way back in the day competing against each other in collegiate tournaments. We started hanging out during our down time and became friends.”

“You two ever…”

“A couple casual flings, but nothing serious.”

“Huh. Not my thing, but alright.”

“I thought all you did was casual flings right now.”

“Yeah, but not with guys.” Lihi rolled her eyes.

“Right. Did you hear Defense left town in a huff?”

“Yeah. Something about a yacht, I’m pretty sure.”

“Yachts are nice. The producer of Yael took me out on one when he offered me the part.”

“Cool. When does shooting start?”

“During the break before the next tournament. They understand that I’ll have to work around the tournaments but as much as the movie’s about Yael bat Yitzchak, there is plenty that happens with her off screen. There’s a reason she’s remembered as a puppet master.”

“I’ll have to look into her more.”

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:11 pm

Cutoff X
---
Indiv. Finals & 3rd Place Game

Indiv. Finals
Pete Long (West Phoencia) 99–113 Eyal benOren (House of Judah)

---
Third Place Game

Lior batAryeh (House of Judah) 109-103 Michael Reboss (Frestovenia)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports